The Test of True Love by Soohe



Summary: Jasmine and Aladdin share a love that can conquer over anything, but what happens when an evil sorcerer has an agenda of his own. Could this be the end of Agrabah's greatest hero?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Mozenrath
Genres: Dark/Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 03/07/06
Updated: 07/06/06


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1:The Calm before the Storm
Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Midnight Encounter
Chapter 3: Chapter 3- Desires of the Heart
Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Perception
Chapter 5: Chapter 5- Losing What Matters Most
Chapter 6: Chapter 6: Lost Hope?
Chapter 7: Chapter 7: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 8: Chapter 8: No Turning Back
Chapter 9: Chapter 9: Prisoners of the Most Unlikely Sort
Chapter 10: Chapter 10: Let Fate Decide
Chapter 11: Chapter 11:The Battle to Be Fought
Chapter 12: Chapter 12: Here and Now
Chapter 13: Chapter 13: Sacrifice and Loss
Chapter 14: Chapter 14: Nothing More to Lose
Chapter 15: Chapter 15:This Isn’t Forever
Chapter 16: Chapter 16: Promises To Be Made
Chapter 17: Chapter 17: A Change In Command
Chapter 18: Chapter 18: Unspeakable Consequences
Chapter 19: Chapter 19 : Torn Between Hope and Despair
Chapter 20: Chapter 20: Our Own Destiny
Chapter 21: Chapter 21: Darkness and Light
Chapter 22: Chapter 22: Take Me Away
Chapter 23: Chapter 23: The End?


Chapter 1: Chapter 1:The Calm before the Storm

Author's Notes: Disclaimer:I don't own Aladdin, Jasmine, and Mozenrath, they are characters property of Disney. All other characters are mine.


The Calm Before the Storm


Jasmine leaned gently on Aladdin’s shoulder and took his hand as they strolled carelessly through the garden, admiring the delicate blossoms that spring had brought. Flowers in every array of purple, sapphire and white touched with light dew drops gleamed in the honey sunlight as a light cool breeze blew past the young couple. After a moment they stopped to rest from the tiring desert heat on the side of a huge water fountain.


After they shared a passionate kiss, they were for a moment lost with each others' eyes with a deep and honest love. It was a fairy tale come true. Their separate lives had finally come together as one and the love between them had proved stronger over and over again through every spell, curse and evil that had come their way. Nothing could break the endless love they shared; it was destiny that had brought them together. As the sun began to set over the horizon, casting streaks of orange and red across the sky, they said their farewells and returned to their rooms, knowing that tomorrow they would be able to spend another wonderful day together.


But as the gentle sapphire sky faded to black, danger and adventure lay just around the corner and a test that would truly try the very strength and power of their love. Without knowing it, their lives would be forever changed.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Midnight Encounter

Author's Notes: thanks for the reviews! i hope you won't be disappointed!



Midnight Encounter

Jasmine carefully took the light blue ribbons from her hair and set them on her nightstand. She gracefully combed her long silky ebony hair, humming the song Aladdin and her had created the magical night they met.


Suddenly a cold breeze blew from her balcony window, causing a flower vase to come crashing towards the hard ground- water and broken pieces shattered everywhere. Startled Jasmine quickly went to shut the window when something caught her eye. She bent down and took the object to her hand and carefully examined its content. Sand. Black sand- from nowhere else but the Land of the Black Sands…Mozenrath.


“Guards!” She tried to scream when a hand came from the darkness, muffling her words.


“Now Princess,” Mozenrath commented causally, his darkened eyes pouring into hers as his hand continued to hold her mouth closed, “you don’t seem too happy with my sudden presence… something I’m afraid you will have to get accustomed to very quickly,” he whispered softly into her ear as she struggled to break free from his impossible grip. And with a flash they were gone, with nothing left behind but a trace of black sand.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3- Desires of the Heart

Author's Notes: Thanks for the reviews! They always inspire me to write more. If you have any comments or suggestions let me know.


Desires of the Heart

Aladdin yawned as he headed towards his room. Battling monsters, stopping evil sorcerers was an exhausting feat. He shook his head. There always seemed to be some sort of evil trying to conquer the city of Agrabah.


But somehow all the fighting, all the endless tests were all worth it in the end. With just one look at Jasmine he forgot about everything else. She was his world, his strength and only true love.

Just before his eyes closed with sleep, his last thought was how in an instant his whole world had changed when he met Jasmine.

He smiled in his sleep, as the image of her face filled his dreams.




Meanwhile…

Two dark figures appeared through a dark portal at the notoriously known Land of the Black Sands. The castle stood majestically, cowering over the deserted and lifeless town of the undead. Shadowed, deathly clouds swirled overhead, casting darkness over the land. As the two made their way towards the entrance, one seemed to be struggling against the control of the other and managed to break free.

In a moment a blaze of vibrant blue lighting shot through the air. As the shadowed figure stood over his prisoner his voice came piercing through the night. “Princess I would behave if I were you. The consequences of crossing me are deadly…and I don’t just mean your own life is at stake.” With those words the two vanished inside the castle.




Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Perception

Perception

Jasmine struggled helplessly against Mozenrath. Her thoughts raced of a way, any way to distance herself from this ruthless ruler.



“Let go of me you venomous snake!” Jasmine spat, unable to escape Mozenrath’s iron-like grasp. Mozenrath smirked, only continuing to tighten his hold on the princess. He was taking pleasure in seeing her in so much pain.





“You better cooperate with me, princess.” he said casually. He paused for a moment and continued darkly, “I might just kill you if you refuse to comply.”



Jasmine was trapped. Mozenrath was obviously stronger, faster and more powerful than her, but she refused to show any sign of fear, especially to him. She stopped struggling for a moment. “Comply with what?” she said fiercely.



Mozenrath laughed softly. “We’ll get to that later.” He finally let go of her. She instantly pulled away from him, her eyes burning with a fierce hatred and mistrust. She would rather be anywhere but here with this demon of a sorcerer. Mozenrath could sense the pure hatred in her eyes as if it were written on the walls. It was more than hatred; it was a deeper loathing that showed every time her eyes meet his.



“What do you want?” Jasmine demanded looking straight into his eyes.



Mozenrath smiled mysteriously. His eyes concealed some cryptic message Jasmine couldn’t decipher. He carelessly crossed his arms across his chest, acting as though they were close friends sharing a conversation about the weather. “Don’t you already know?”


She glared at him, unable to speak. His eyes seemed to laugh silently at her distress. He felt very at home now that they were in his palace. He leaned nonchalantly against the ebony and sapphire swirled décor of his citadel throne room and sighed.


“After all these years, princess, you still haven’t caught on.” He shook his head, as if disappointed. “It really is a shame.”


Jasmine could feel the anger building inside her like a steady violent storm. Her fists shook severely at her side, as she fought the urge to attack the sorcerer. He was enjoying the way he could toy with her emotions. He was playing with her just for his own amusement.


“Mozenrath what the hell do you want!? Don’t you ever tire of making people’s lives a living…” she stopped abruptly as Mozenrath smiled tauntingly. Something was wrong. An icy shiver ran up her spine and rested somewhere in her heart.


Mozenrath’s smile grew only wider.






Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 5- Losing What Matters Most

Author's Notes: new chapters up...very dark.
Please R&R


Losing What Matters Most



Mozenrath’s piercing black eyes centered on Jasmine. She could feel her strength melt away into nothing.

“I want Agrabah princess, and you are going to help me get it.”

A shot of electric blue lightning shot from his hand and encircled Jasmine’s wrist forming into solid gold shackles. Mozenrath approached her, coming so close he was only inches from her face.

“And when the ones you love become my prisoners and the people of your pathetic city cower in fear, you, my dear princess will belong to me.”


He tilted her chin, forcing her to face him. He stared at her with an unwavering gaze, lust consuming his heart and very soul. Pressing his lips against her, he kissed her forcefully and coldly, easily ignoring her struggles to get away from him. After a moment he let go, but held Jasmine captive in his arms. He could see the revulsion in her face as she fought to elude his cruel embrace.

“I will never be yours.” Jasmine said fearlessly.

Anger flashed across Mozenrath’s darkened face. Jasmine continued, her voice covering the growing fear in her own heart. Not for her own life, but for her family, for Aladdin. She forced herself to look him straight in the eyes without fear.

“Aladdin will come for me,” Jasmine said defiantly. “And he will defeat you like he has done before.” She grinned confidently. “No matter what you do you will never win this fight Mozenrath. Never.”

Mozenrath could feel hate and jealously burning within him. He would have the princess, one way or another, he didn’t care who was hurt in the process. And he would make sure her precious Aladdin suffered the most.


“Oh I will princess. And you will have the rest of your life to realize that even your love for Aladdin wasn’t strong enough to save you.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________



Aladdin was abruptly awoken from his sleep. Darkness surrounded him as he took in his surroundings. He was exhausted, but for some reason he couldn’t fall back to sleep, something felt wrong. He shook his head.



“This is ridiculous,” he thought, “Everything is just fine.” He tried again to fall back to sleep, but somehow he couldn’t shake the feeling that something wasn’t right. Finally he gave up and got out of bed. Slowly he walked towards the balcony window of his room and gazed out into the night sky.


Stars shone with their usual brilliance as the moon’s light illuminated a peaceful glow over the city. He sighed as relief washed over him.


“Well if it isn’t Agrabah’s greatest hero.” A voice came from the darkness.


“Who’s there?” Aladdin said suddenly awake and alert. A dark figure appeared in the moonlight. He grinned as he saw the shock and anger in Aladdin’s face.


“Mozenrath.” Aladdin said through clenched teeth.


Mozenrath laughed coldly. “I’m flattered you remembered.”


Aladdin said furiously, “what are you doing here?”


Mozenrath leaned against the balcony railing and replied calmly, “I’m here to offer you a chance to save your pathetic city and the ones you love.” Mozenrath looked towards the city. “if you refuse…the consequences will be unimaginable.” Aladdin glared at Mozenrath but said nothing. He knew Mozenrath would do what he threatened so he listened in hope of finding some way to stop him. Mozenrath smiled as he noted his silence.

“I will spare the lives of your people and your wretched friends in exchange for your own life.” Mozenrath paused a moment, letting silence fill the air. “Refuse and the person you love the most will die. And her blood lies on your hands alone.”

“Jasmine…” Aladdin whispered. Mozenrath grinned knowingly.


“I’ll be visiting again shortly. Make your decision by evening tomorrow.” Mozenrath turned to leave. “Oh I almost forgot. I will be sure to give the princess your best regards.” Aladdin was outraged. He moved to attack the sorcerer, but was met with nothing but air. Mozenrath was gone.

Back to index


Chapter 6: Chapter 6: Lost Hope?

Author's Notes: mmmm...i know it's short! but let me know what you think...comments or suggestions?


Chapter 6- Lost Hope?


Aladdin stood motionless on the balcony. Mozenrath had Jasmine. His thoughts raced of a way to somehow find a loop hole in Mozenrath’s offer-but he knew if he refused to hand over the city, Jasmine’s life would hang in the balance. His eyes stared out over the city lights visible in the moonlit night and he could feel a sense of helplessness sinking in.


“Refuse and the person you love the most will die. And her blood lies on your hands alone.” Mozenrath’s words rang again and again in his mind. What could he do?

The Sultan had left a week ago to meet with an ally kingdom in order to discuss further polices of a treaty, and Genie was taking a vacation around the world, so he could be anywhere. Perfect, Aladdin thought. The fate of Agrabah lay in his hands alone.


_________________________________________________________



Jasmine paced back and forth in the room Mozenrath had imprisoned her in, getting more and more irritated by the moment.

She stopped a moment and sat down on a chair resting beside a huge mirror bordered by black stone. She sighed, thinking that she could not spend another minute in this hellish place. As her eyes met her reflection in the mirror she was taken back with how darkened her features had become, they almost reflecting the ominous skies outside. The usual soft glow in her brown eyes was replaced by a darker shade of anger, while her mouth stayed in a permanent frown.



“Princess I must admit, you’re awfully attractive when you’re mad.”


Jasmine turned in surprise and met Mozenrath’s casual smile that was both teasing and scornful. She wondered how long he had been watching her and felt a tiny shiver run down her spine.


“What do you want Mozenrath?” Jasmine demanded. She was growing tired of his games.

Mozenrath laughed. “Isn’t it obvious?” His eyes lingered for a moment too long on Jasmine.

Jasmine glared at him, her eyes mirroring the hatred she felt in her heart. “I will never love you Mozenrath.”


Mozenrath sighed as if he had heard this a thousand times before. “I know princess.” After a moment he smiled darkly.


“That’s why I’m going to love watching you suffer by my side.” He kept her attention with his penetrating stare. “I won’t lose this time princess.”

He gave her one last look. “Not all stories end in happily ever after, Jasmine.” And with that he was gone.


Jasmine was left with only her thoughts, and she wondered for a moment if she was dreaming. She couldn’t even stop the tears falling softly down her face.







Back to index


Chapter 7: Chapter 7: The Beginning of the End

Chapter 7: The Beginning of the End


Mozenrath looked over his city, contentment written all over his face. He smirked, remembering the expression Jasmine had when he said she would marry him, against her own will. It was priceless.


He couldn’t wait until the moment where she would surrender to him. After all these years life was finally falling to his favor.


The sun was beginning to set over the horizon, and with it, streaks of crimson and deep violent shades were thrown into the sky. Mozenrath casually waited. The streetrat would appear soon and with his arrival, the city would be his. He turned towards his servants, darkness gleaming in his eyes, “get the princess. She wouldn’t want to miss seeing her true love for the world.” Mozenrath smiled. Everything was set.







Jasmine stood beside Mozenrath, sorrow surrounding her every movement. Could Mozenrath really win this time? She looked over at the sorcerer and was overcome with a sense of fear of what was to come.


“Where are you Aladdin?” She thought silently.


Mozenrath faced the princess. He noticed with satisfaction her silence and spoke softly, his voice almost compassionate.

“It will be easiler if you come willingly.” It was as if he could read her mind, or maybe her heart. He seized her arm ruthlessly.


Jasmine pulled away from him in disgust. She feared him more than ever, but she vowed never to give in to his darkness.

Mozenrath pulled her even closer. “Besides, after I kill that street rat of yours, you won’t have a choice but to yield to me.” He whispered dangerously in her ear. Jasmine struggled to turn away from him, but his grasp was too powerful.



“Mozenrath let her go.”


Mozenrath looked up just as Aladdin jumped off carpet and landed just a few feet away from where they were standing. He smiled at his sudden appearance. He turned away from Jasmine, but gave her a last teasing smirk that was meant for her eyes alone.


“Ah…Aladdin. I’m honored that you could make it.” Mozenrath said mockingly.



Aladdin looked at Jasmine. His eyes seemed to ask her if she were alright. She smiled weakly, her eyes once again glowing with warmth. Aladdin nodded and turned his attention back towards Mozenrath.


“What will it be Aladdin. The city or…” He turned briefly towards Jasmine before continuing, “the princess?”


Aladdin avoided Jasmine’s glare before speaking. “If the city is yours, Jasmine will be freed?”


Mozenrath smiled. “Of course.”


Aladdin looked once more at Jasmine. Jasmine stared back, this time unbearable sadness in her eyes.

“Aladdin you know you can’t forfeit the lives of the city of Agrabah for me.” Tears were beginning to shine in her eyes. “A princess knows that the lives of her people outweigh her own.” She looked away for a moment from Aladdin, as if she shouldn’t bare to look at him.

“Jasmine I would never let you stay here, I love you and I’ll protect you, no matter what happens.” Aladdin turned once back towards Mozenrath, his eyes hardened with anger.


“Let her go and the city is yours.”


Jasmine cried out. “Aladdin, no!”


Mozenrath smiled. He waved his hand and the chains surrounding Jasmine’s wrists and angles disappeared. Jasmine couldn’t believe what was happening.


“You are free princess,” Mozenrath said dramatically. He gave her one last look that told her that it wasn’t over yet. He had bigger plans in store. And with that he left them. She couldn’t believe after all that he had threatened to do he was letting her go. Jasmine knew that it couldn’t be this easy, but at the moment she didn’t care.


Jasmine turned from Mozenrath and ran towards Aladdin’s open embrace. When his arms were around her she felt safe, protected from anything.


“Aladdin I love you.” She whispered. Aladdin just held her for a long moment, as if he were afraid of letting her go.


“What took you so long?” she asked. Aladdin just smiled and held her closer.



Mozenrath turned toward the couple. “Oh and one more thing,” his voice rang through the Land of the Dead.


“Jasmine, the promise I made before, I would advise you to remember it. I never back down from my word.” And before the two could register the sorcerer’s words, he had vanished into nothing.

Back to index


Chapter 8: Chapter 8: No Turning Back

Author's Notes: thanks for all the reviews- they really inspire me!!
i know this chapter is short, but i promise it won't take long for the next one. thanks again for the reviews!!


Chapter 8: No Turning Back


With Mozenrath’s last words darkness seemed to settle over the land with absolute certainty. The obscurity of the night surrounded the couple, washing them with the horror that Mozenrath would soon bring. There was no turning back, with every step they took, the outcome appeared to favor against them.



As the two boarded carpet, Aladdin looked once more at Mozenrath’s fortress, wondering only what would lay in store for them. It was only a matter of time before Mozenrath would make his end of the bargain become a reality. It was only a question of when. How much time did they have?




He shook his head as if clearing his thoughts. “We’ll go back to my old hovel; it isn’t safe to return to the palace. Then we’ll decide what to do next.”




Although his voice was confident, Aladdin couldn’t deny his own fear. He took Jasmine’s hand and held it tightly. He would die before he’d let anything happen to her. He swore that he would do everything in his power to keep her safe. He looked out towards the night sky as carpet swept over miles and miles of desert, returning them to Agrabah, lost in his own thoughts.




Jasmine felt safe now that she was with Aladdin, something about being with him always had brought her comfort, security. Somehow though, that warmth was tainted with her experience with Mozenrath. She shuddered as images of his face flashed in her mind, the coldness of his embrace and his kiss were unforgettable. He had promised that Aladdin’s life would be his, and her own as well. She sighed. What kind of defense did they have without Genie?





Her heart beat with pure determination as she let her thoughts fade into the night. She wouldn’t allow Mozenrath the satisfaction of beating her, she would fight until the end, whatever end that would be. Jasmine leaned silently against Aladdin, knowing in her heart of hearts that they would come through this, together.

Back to index


Chapter 9: Chapter 9: Prisoners of the Most Unlikely Sort

Author's Notes: another chapter's up- yes it's short, but hopefully good!!
oh thanks for the great reviews, i really appreciate it!!


Chapter 9: Prisoners of the Most Unlikely Sort


Mozenrath stepped casually through a portal radiating with black swirls of shadows that materialized from nothing into his throne room and just as soon disappeared behind him. As usually his face shone with the same wistfulness and cool air that fit him with a natural flawlessness. He smiled to himself once again as he smoothly took his seat at his lavish throne and waved for one of his servants to attend to him.


“Bring me the prisoners.” He ordered without a second thought, his voice clear and with an unmistakable hint of impatience. He had a whole city to take over, and luckily for him everything was falling into place, but time was crucial. He couldn’t afford any mistakes.


A moment later two guards appeared with his prisoners at their side. Mozenrath was pleased.


“So my dear friend. How nice of you to join me, I must say you look as pathetic as ever before.”


Mozenrath stopped for a minute to let his words sink in. He slowly abandoned his throne and walked indifferently towards his enemy, displeasure burning in his eyes.


“I must say I’m slightly disappointed. I thought capturing you and your despicable friend would promise to be more of a challenge.”


His opponent just struggled silently against the hold of Mozenrath’s faithful servants, but no words escaped from his mouth.


Mozenrath’s laughter filled the air. “Oh you were always good for a laugh.” He nodded towards one of his servants who handed him a small blue bottle bonded by an exceptionally powerful magical seal. He took it in his hands and continued.


“It was almost too easily to fashion that letter. I knew that you would come to the aid of the very kingdom that helped you to become the prospering empire Agrabah has come to be.” Mozenrath came closer to the man and leered.



“And now even your all powerful genie is of no use to you now.”


He turned away and waved his hand once more, signaling his undead servants to take him away. He glanced back once more and scoffed, “how does it feel, your highness? To know that everything you know will fall through your hands and there’s nothing you can do to stop it?”


The sultan looked back at the sorcerer, fear in his eyes as he was taken away.





Back to index


Chapter 10: Chapter 10: Let Fate Decide

Author's Notes: hey- thanks for all the great comments! let me know what u think!


Chapter 10: Let Fate Decide


Mozenrath smirked as the sultan was taken away. He sighed to himself as he once again took his place at his throne. In his eyes, the man was nothing more than a fool. Not even fit to rule a kingdom. That all was about to change.

“I wonder,” he mused. “What would the dear princess do to save her own father?” He couldn’t help but think of the princess. She would never come willingly to his side, but for her own flesh and blood, the possibilities were endless. He lazily waved his hand and a mirror materialized from the air in front of him.


In the reflection Jasmine’s worried face appeared, her eyes filled with worry, though still containing pure determination and strength. Mozenrath’s eyes darkened slightly as before him, the very thing he could never truly have revealed itself. In the smooth, glass image, Aladdin had taken Jasmine’s hand and kissed her gently, as if he could reassure her that Mozenrath would never win.


“Soon,” Mozenrath thought darkly, “Aladdin you will find out the true meaning of pain.” He pulled the blue bottle his servant hand handed him just a moment ago from his black robes. Without his precious Genie the street rat never stood a chance. Mozenrath would win this time, he was sure.




Meanwhile…

Jasmine paced the dirty stone floor of Aladdin’s old hovel, darkness surrounding her. The night was painted with its usual brilliance of endless dazzling stars, but she hadn’t noticed the beauty of it. Her mind was racing of what now had to happen, with her father away she had to decide what to do now, for her people, and for the ones she loved. She closed her eyes, deep in thought as her feet came to a stop.


Aladdin lay a few feet away, exhausted and asleep. She looked at him briefly, love in her eyes. She knew that she could never let Mozenrath succeed, but reality was setting over her with deadly precision. Mozenrath would come, there was no telling when, and without Genie they could never defeat his power.


What would her father do?


Jasmine wondered over and over. If her father were here…but he wasn’t. It was somehow left up to her and Aladdin to save the city. A thought crossed her mind, then she quickly pushed it away. Impossible, it would never work…still.


She stared out into the night sky for a moment. There was no other way. As she laid down next to Aladdin and let her mind be taken by sleep she knew of only one way to save them all. But the consequences were unimaginable.

Back to index


Chapter 11: Chapter 11:The Battle to Be Fought

Author's Notes: hey- yes it's short, but i promise the next chapter won't take long. this chapter is not as suspenseful i think as the others, but im trying to lead into what is yet to come! and as always- i appreciate all the great reviews i've gotten. you guys are great!


Chapter 11: The Battle to Be Fought


Jasmine awoke to the sun’s rays rising just above the horizon, lifting the darkness of the night with a blinding golden and reddish glow. She rubbed her eyes from their own sleepiness and was surprised to see Aladdin already up, sitting near the hovel’s window, peering over the city.


He appeared lost in his own thoughts as she went over to him and put her arms around his waist.


“Aladdin?” she whispered, almost afraid for him. He turned towards Jasmine slowly, and tried to reassure her like he had done so many times before with his warm brown eyes. But Jasmine could see something else in his compassionate gaze lit with the sun’s morning light, an emotion that was almost foreign to her: fear.



A moment later it was gone, and replaced by an unfathomable fearlessness Jasmine was so familiar with seeing in him. When he spoke, his words were strangely formal, yet passionate.



“We must warn the city, and evacuate as many citizens as possible. I’ve already alerted the guards of Mozenrath’s plan, but there’s no way to tell how much time we have…” his voice drifted into silence.


He had accepted what had to be done and simply reacted in the best way he could. She noticed faintly how he would one day make a great sultan.



Jasmine nodded in agreement with Aladdin’s words, she knew now that this was it. She felt a slight shiver run through her body as a dark realization came through clearer than ever before. Whether they were prepared or not, Mozenrath would come. The best defense they had was to be prepared for anything.


The couple walked to the city streets, and soon secretly assembled with Agrabah’s finest soldiers in order to discuss what had to be done to get as many civilians to safely in what time they could afford.

Little did they know what danger lay ahead of them, and the sacrifices they would have to make to save the lives of the ones they truly loved.

Back to index


Chapter 12: Chapter 12: Here and Now

Author's Notes: i hope u like it- it's a little more sentimental than the previous chapters, but i thought it was necessary. of course there's another cliffhanger-but hopefully good.


thanks again for all of your reviews, keep up the great work!


Chapter 12: Here and Now


Jasmine shook her head briefly in agreement as one of the guards informed her that everything was set to evacuate the city. She glanced up and met Aladdin’s gaze as he gave the orders with deafening conviction, this was it, there was no turning back.


“Where is Mozenrath?” Jasmine thought quietly, fearing the worst was yet to come.



It was too easy somehow she knew; Mozenrath wouldn’t just let her go free without a price. But what price? She felt Aladdin’s strong arms unexpectedly wrap gently around her own waist and forgot her own fears. Her own determination was renewed with his touch.


She closed her eyes for a moment, savoring the warmth and safety of his embrace.



“I love you.” Aladdin whispered passionately in her ear. Jasmine smiled and replied as she always did.


“I love you, too.”



Suddenly they were interrupted by a shout from the guards. Jasmine’s eyes shot open and were instantly met with a sight that stole the warmth of Aladdin’s embrace and left her with utter terror. Her heart pounded within her chest as she fought to push away her mounting fear.


Above, the clouds had transformed drastically, changing to black and circling swiftly over the city. As a result, a shadow was drawn over them, taking every bit of light with it, eventually blocking out the sun completely. Jasmine’s body temperature had dropped several degrees and as she turned she realized Aladdin had abandoned her side to order the guards to act. She felt a wave of panic surface in her mind.


In an instant the guards had separated and gone to alert the city’s people- they had planned earlier that day to transport as many as they could to the nearest kingdom-Agrabah’s strongest ally, several miles away. Jasmine shuddered realizing this as a terrifying thought crossed her mind. “Would they ever make it?”


Aladdin had rushed to her side and his voice brought her back from her own thoughts.


“Jasmine, we have to help…there’s no telling when Mozenrath will…” Suddenly, as if on cue, the sorcerer appeared majestically out of thin air, a smile materializing on his face.


“Hey kids. Did you miss me?”

Back to index


Chapter 13: Chapter 13: Sacrifice and Loss

Author's Notes: very sad chapter...but i wont tell you what's coming up! let me know what you think!


There are a few more surprises in store...i wont say anymore.


Chapter 13: Sacrifice and Loss


Mozenrath moved effortlessly towards the couple, with a distinct air of confidence and arrogance in his stride. Amusement shone with implausible clarity in his eyes, matching his haughty grin.


Aladdin instinctively put himself between Mozenrath and Jasmine, anger reflecting unmistakably in his own eyes. The sorcerer noted this and his smile grew.


“How heroic, the street rat comes to the Princess’ rescue once again.” Mozenrath said mockingly, sarcasm dripping in his tone. Near by guards slowly began to surround the group, circling in on all sides. The sorcerer noticed easily and his manner changed almost instantaneously.

“Call them off or this will be more difficult than it needs to be.” He spoke with utter certainty; a deadly silence followed his words.


Aladdin nodded towards the guards, his eyes hardened slightly. “Back off.” The guards hesitated for just a moment before doing so, but stood alert, ready for the slightest hint of betrayal.


Mozenrath looked pleased. He spoke once again, this time his voice was formal, and demanded everyone’s complete attention.


“You remember our deal, I assume?” Aladdin shifted slightly, and replied.


“Yes.” Jasmine stepped towards Mozenrath, and took Aladdin’s hand. She looked straight ahead at Mozenrath, fearlessly.


The sorcerer crossed his arms casually, a dead seriousness in his eyes.


“Your own life is forfeit by our deal…” His voice trailed off. Suddenly Jasmine turned to him, her strength wavering slightly.


“Aladdin, you can’t do this.” She looked into his eyes and saw a deeper sorrow than she had ever known, her heart stopped. Aladdin sighed.


“I have to.” He turned from Jasmine one last time.


“I will love you forever,” he whispered in her ear. Jasmine shook her head, as if she couldn’t believe what was happening. Aladdin escaped from her embrace and walked to Mozenrath’s side, defeat shining in his eyes. She wouldn’t let him do this.


Mozenrath waved his hand and with natural ease produced shackles out of no where and bond Aladdin’s hands and feet.


Jasmine made a decision then, one she knew would forever change their lives. She looked at Mozenrath, hiding nothing in her heart.


“Let him go and I will stay with you.”


Aladdin shouted, this time fear in his voice. “Jasmine no!” Mozenrath turned and faced the Princess, and Jasmine could almost feel the very darkness in his soul touch hers. His eyes narrowed darkly.


“I’m in no mood Princess for games.”


Jasmine approached him, determination in her step.


“I’m serious, let me take his place.” She wasn’t afraid any longer, she would sacrifice anything for her true love, Aladdin would do the same for her.


A smile formed on Mozenrath’s face as he accepted her offer. In an instant the shackles that once imprisoned Aladdin had encircled Jasmine’s wrists and ankles.


Aladdin shouted desperately, as his world was slowly crumbling around his feet.


“Jasmine you can’t do this.” He stared into her eyes for a long moment and pleaded with her to reconsider. “I won’t let you.”


Jasmine looked away from his stare and said sadly, “there’s nothing more I can do. Aladdin this is what I choose.” She turned one last time to her true love’s eyes and let the tears fall freely down her face.


“I love you, forever.”

Back to index


Chapter 14: Chapter 14: Nothing More to Lose

Author's Notes: very dark. it's probably one of my shortest chapters, but since i'm back from summer vacations and trips i definitely have more time to write-so it won't take long for the next one.

as always i appreciate your reviews!


Chapter 14: Nothing More to Lose


“How sentimental,” Mozenrath scoffed, disgusted with the scene in front of him.


His face changed however when he saw the anguish in Aladdin’s face. In his enemy’s eyes he could see that Aladdin’s heart was broken; the hero was at a loss for words. This merely amplified Mozenrath’s own satisfaction.


He stood elegantly above the beaten hero and lowered his voice so that only Aladdin could hear his words.


“I’ll be sure to take real good care of her,” he whispered.

Aladdin’s rage granted him strength as he moved to attack the sorcerer.


“Why you…” he shouted, unable to block anything from his mind but the image of Mozenrath stealing Jasmine away from him.Mozenrath laughed cruelly as he shot a bolt of violet lightning towards his adversary, forcing Aladdin to double over in pain.


The sorcerer was about to torture him further when a voice stopped him.


“Mozenrath, please, just let him go. You have what you came for.” Jasmine’s voice pleaded. The sorcerer turned suddenly and caught Jasmine’s gaze before lowering his hand.


“I don’t take orders from anyone, Princess,” Mozenrath replied coolly.


“However…” He turned towards Aladdin once more.


“I want Aladdin to live. This way his suffering will linger much longer than it would with death.” Mozenrath turned his attention to the Princess, his eyes focused on her as he spoke.


“This is just the beginning my dear Princess,” he lifted her chin so that her eyes met his.


“When I’m through with you and your pathetic friends, you will have given me everything.”





Back to index


Chapter 15: Chapter 15:This Isn’t Forever

Author's Notes: another twist, and a few more surprises are on the way...
enjoy.


Chapter 15: This Isn’t Forever


“Jasmine,”


Aladdin whispered looking past Mozenrath to her, a sliver of a doubt that was slowly consuming his last thoughts of hope.


Jasmine could barely stand to meet his eyes, but when she finally did she could feel a deep sense of helplessness wash over her, taking her dreams, and her love away. For a moment, the images of their first fateful night together flashed before her. She remembered the magic of that night where Aladdin had set her free from the palace and made her believe in life again. Also in love. He was her strength, her life, what did she have now? That image lay shattered, and she wondered silently if she would ever be happy again without Aladdin standing there by her side, to protect her and love her always.


“Aladdin I…” Jasmine stopped, unable to finish, the pain filling her was unbearable.


Aladdin wanted to go to her and comfort her, and somehow tell her that everything was going to be alright, but something held him back this time.


Mozenrath was losing patience, he wasn’t custom to waiting for what he desired for himself.


“Your time has run out street rat and I have my own agenda to attend to.” Mozenrath paused a moment before continuing smoothly. “Leave now and I will let you live, stay and well…you won’t live long enough to know what hit you.”


Jasmine spoke, this time resolve in her voice. “Aladdin you have to save yourself. Do it for me.” Her eyes had become overcome with a rare resilient strength; she refused to let Aladdin give up his life like this.


“I won’t leave you.” Aladdin replied simply.





Jasmine now focused all of her attention on Aladdin, hoping that he would see the desperation in her eyes.


“It isn’t the end, Aladdin,” her eyes began to water slightly, “please leave, save yourself for me.”

Aladdin didn’t what to believe any of this, he was waiting to wake up from this nightmare and have Jasmine by his side again, but after seeing the pain in her eyes, he realized that this was his fate now. But he couldn’t stand to see Jasmine in so much pain. Aladdin wouldn’t let Jasmine down now, after all this time.


“Okay,” Aladdin whispered, “I’ll leave,” his voice soft and measured. Jasmine could sense the pain in his words, but something else as well. Aladdin wasn’t about to give up just yet, he would find a way to rescue her, no matter what stood in his way. She felt her heart leap slightly as she thought of her love one last time, and knew that he would come back to save her if he could.


As she turned painfully from the path Aladdin had left, her eyes met Mozenrath’s cold and unrelenting stare.


“Finally you are mine,” he said, his eyes as dark as night.





Back to index


Chapter 16: Chapter 16: Promises To Be Made

Author's Notes: very dark- but let me know what you think. i'm open to any suggestions or comments :)


thanks for all of ur reviews!!


Chapter 16: Promises To Be Made


“I will never be yours,” Jasmine spat, looking defiantly back at Mozenrath. She raised her head slightly in insolence. “I’ll die before giving into someone as pathetic as you.”


Jasmine could see Mozenrath’s rage flicker violently across his face and just as quickly fade into nothing. He sighed wearily, “Hopefully it won’t come to that my dear princess, but with Aladdin gone, who is there to save you now?” He smiled at her silence and turned towards the soldiers, as they still stood mystified and anxious, as if they couldn’t believe what just happened.


“You have twenty-four hours to evacuate the city,” Mozenrath ordered them without hesitation. The soldiers glanced around uneasily, clearly put off guard by this new change in command. Then without another word, they set off to warn the city.


“You’re letting them go?” Jasmine asked unexpectedly.


Mozenrath smiled simply, “A deal is a deal, besides since Agrabah is mine now, I will have no need for them, my own servants will be sufficient enough to satisfy me,” he added arrogantly.


Jasmine turned away in disgust, but felt a tremendous weight lift from her shoulders. Her city’s people would be safe, at least, from Mozenrath’s ruthless rule.

Still something was bothering Jasmine, “why after all this trouble was he allowing the people to go free?” It wasn’t like Mozenrath to show mercy, to anyone.

Mozenrath seemed to sense her bewilderment and replied. “I have no use of people who will be most likely to rebel against their new, and I’m sure, detested ruler.” Jasmine looked taken back by his words.


“Plus, I have what I came for,” he said to her in particular.


“You’re unbelievable.”


Mozenrath grabbed her arm mercilessly, his face close to hers now, and she knew she couldn’t escape his grasp.


“I told you not to forget my promise earlier, princess.” She could feel his breath warm against her skin, and shuddered instinctively.


“Now you’ll see how truly powerful I am,” he whispered in her ear dangerously.



Jasmine could feel her hopes begin to falter as he let her go and turned towards the palace gates in a dramatic swift movement. He slowly lifted his hand, waiting for her to take it.


Jasmine hesitated a moment and realized that there was no escape. She followed the sorcerer to the palace, realizing all too late that little stood in Mozenrath’s way of conquering Agrabah and other kingdoms in the seven deserts.

She now knew what he meant when he said this was only the beginning. And as Jasmine approached her father’s palace she could only look away from its splendor, knowing that Mozenrath would now become its ruler…






Back to index


Chapter 17: Chapter 17: A Change In Command

Author's Notes: just a preview of what's to come...i know it's short, but as always the next chapter will be up in no time.

i want to thank u guys for all the great reviews i've gotten...even though it is my first Aladdin story, i'm glad it is well-received. and as usual comments, suggestions anything you can think of to say is welcomed-i can only improve as a writer!!

thanks again :)


Chapter 17: A Change In Command



Aladdin could feel the scorching daylight sun burn his skin as he wandered half- delirious through the desert. It had been only hours since he left Agrabah, but he could feel fatigue and exhaustion settling in, still he knew had a destination to reach. He gently wiped beads of sweat from his face and knew that he couldn’t last much longer in this heat without water.

His mind wondered back to the last few hours, how his whole life had shifted, and how there was nothing he could do to defeat Mozenrath, at least not without help.


He shook his head, as if to clear these thoughts and realized silently how much he needed Jasmine, and how he could save her. Every now and then he looked back towards the city he had grown up in as it shrank smaller and smaller into the distance, he had to move on.


If he could make it to the nearest kingdom, maybe he had a chance…


These last words entered Aladdin’s mind just before he blacked out.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Mozenrath and Jasmine entered wordlessly through the golden palace doors into the throne room. Just as soon, Jasmine swiftly evaded Mozenrath’s grasp, willing to move as far away from the heartless sorcerer as humanly possible.


Mozenrath just frowned at her disobedience, clearly displeased.


“Princess I would advise you attempt to be a little more cooperative with the current circumstances if I were you,” he said darkly, as if warning her that things could easily go from bad to worse.


“I don’t see it could possibly be any worse than being trapped like this with you,” she said challenging the sorcerer.


She was almost surprised at her own daring, but realized that when this man had taken literally everything she loved and cherished in her life couldn’t help but welcome her new courageousness with open arms.
Mozenrath gave her a quick smile, throwing her off balance. He looked at her carefully, ignoring the disgust shining in her eyes.


“I’ve always admired your spirit, I must admit,” his expression shifted ever so slightly, “but you will learn to obey me.”


Jasmine scoffed. “And what’s makes you think I would ever do such a thing? You’ve already taken everything from me Mozenrath, I have nothing to lose.” She stood with poise in front of him, and raised her eyebrows faintly, as if questioning him.


Mozenrath seemed amused by her words as he met the princess’ glare with absolute certainty.


“Nothing more to lose? I wouldn’t be so sure about that if I were you.”







Back to index


Chapter 18: Chapter 18: Unspeakable Consequences

Author's Notes: another update!! just in case u are wondering how im able to update so quickly-i'll tell you, if you have a minute. i recently had surgery to get my jaw realigned for health purposes, so i've been healing for the last couple of days, and because i cant really do anything b/c of it, i've been working on my story. sad i know- but the doctor said it will take like two weeks to heal!! anyways i hope u enjoy it!! it's really been great though, and i love all the great reviews ive gotten!!

thanks:)


Chapter 18: Unspeakable Consequences

In another city…..



“Are you alright?”




Aladdin blinked open his eyes, his head filled with confusion, “Where am I?” he thought.



A girl was wiping a cold wash cloth over his forehead and telling him to lie back down. She was young, probably a servant, her words were soothing and Aladdin laid his head back-trying to figure out what had happened.




“The king’s guards saved you, you were nearly dying of dehydration when they found you,” the girl’s voice came gently to his ears, he felt instantly safe, but still something was bothering him. His mind was clinging on to consciousness, as he fought to keep his mind prepared for anything. His legs were overcome with an unfamiliar weariness- he felt too weak to even stand.





“Huh?” he asked, not really comprehending anything she had said. He opened his eyes slowly, and as they adjusted to the light he could tell that he was in a room lavishly adorned with silk pillows and curtains. The sun’s light was softly filtering in through opened bay windows, casting a golden gleam on his surroundings. He was obviously in a palace, but how, and why?



The girl sensed his uneasiness and she explained.



“The King was on his way to visit an ally kingdom, Agrabah, maybe you’ve heard of it? Anyways he found you and decided that he couldn’t just let you die- and brought you here to Geisuan. He’s a kind man, he would never hesitate to aid anyone in need.”




Aladdin nodded with her words but still felt weakened from traveling so far. She helped him sit up and told him, “he’s very interested to hear your story; you were miles from any city. He found it strange that you were alone.”


Aladdin’s mind was clearing and he quickly understood what had happened. He tried to smile, but instead winched from the pain.


“I’m Aladdin,” he introduced himself finally. The girl smiled and replied,

“Jade.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~





Back at the palace…




“What do you mean?” Jasmine was stunned at Mozenrath’s last comment, what else could he have taken from her?


Mozenrath’s eyes gleamed with an unusual calm radiance; he was taking pleasure in seeing her in so much distress.


He snapped his fingers and his undead servants appeared as if from no where by his side.


“Bring me the prisoner,” he ordered them, looking straight at Jasmine. A moment later they returned with his prisoner in hand. The sultan’s weary face appeared.


“Father!” Jasmine shouted, running over to him, tears cascading down her face. Dark circles shown under his eyes as if he hadn’t slept well and he looked at if he had lost weight. His face however lit up as Jasmine hugged him, now wanting to let go.


“What has he done to you?” she whispered, her voice unable to cover her own fear.
She hugged her father, wanting to forget all that had happened, knowing deep down, however the last few days had been more real to her than anything.


“Oh father,” she said, unable to express her anguish in any other way.


Mozenrath shifted silently, as if considering what action to take. He looked thoughtlessly at the scene in front of him, unmoved. The princess would do anything for her father- he would have to use this piece of information to his advantage.


“I could just kill him,” his voice sliced through the air straight into Jasmine’s own heart. Jasmine turned slowly from her father to the sorcerer, unable to understand what his words truly meant.


“But that’s really up to you.”















Back to index


Chapter 19: Chapter 19 : Torn Between Hope and Despair

Author's Notes: i wanted to know what you guys think about the rating- it is rated pg-13 but i need your feed back if you think that it's too dark/depressing- i don't want to lose the honesty of the story, but at the same time i want to consider if i need to make changes to it! let me know what you think about this-i don't want to go too far...


Chapter 19: Torn Between Hope and Despair

Jasmine was speechless. She felt her heart give away as her eyes met Mozenrath’s, she knew exactly what he meant. Mozenrath wanted her. And it didn’t matter what he had to do to get to her.


Mozenrath now wore a smile that sent an unfathomable coldness into her own heart and soul. She closed her eyes in disbelief, wishing that Aladdin were here, he would know what to do…


Mozenrath’s voice interrupted her thoughts with terrible clarity.


“I believe you know what I’m talking about, princess,” Jasmine looked up at the sound of his words.


“Any kingdom needs a Sultan, as well as a Sultana. You will stand beside me, as my wife.”


Jasmine refused to meet his eyes as his words began to sink in with cruel reality. Helplessness was settling around her like a blanket, threatening to smother her in agony.



“Unless of course you want your dear father to suffer unspeakable consequences…” His voice trailed off, but Jasmine didn’t need to hear any more.


She knew that it was inevitable; she would soon be the wife of Mozenrath.







In Geisuan:

“So you’ve traveled all this way for the one you truly love?” A man asked honestly, his eyes warm and compassionate.


“Now that’s quite a story.”

Aladdin nodded as he continued his story. Opposite him was the Sultan of Geisuan, wearing robes of deep sapphire and white, his eyes filled with a wisdom that was beyond his youthful appearance. His pure white hair contrasted with his eyes that were a piercing cobalt color.


“And that’s why I’ve come for your assistance, your highness. Agrabah does not stand a chance without the aid of a kingdom such as yours,” Aladdin concluded.


The Sultan sat back a minute, contemplating his own thoughts. He finally came to a conclusion.


“The city of Geisuan will happy to help in any way it can. Agrabah has long been a faithful ally to our people. However you say that this man, Mozenrath who now rules your city, is a sorcerer? That will make things a little more difficult.”



The man turned from Aladdin and appeared lost in his own thoughts. Aladdin waited patiently, hoping that there was some way to save Agrabah from its fate.


The Sultan turned again towards Aladdin, a solution clearly apparent in his mind.


“We must go to war.”


~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~


Later that evening…


Aladdin sighed as he turned over, unable to fall asleep. The Sultan had assured him that plans of invading Agrabah would soon fall into place, but to Aladdin, it wasn’t soon enough.


His stomach churned unpleasantly as his thoughts turned to Jasmine, of what Mozenrath could do to her. Anger unexpectedly took over his mind.


“I’ll be sure to take real good care of her,” Mozenrath’s voice echoed.


“How could I let him take her away?” Aladdin thought helplessly. He hoped and prayed that she would be alright, until they met again. Slowly sleep overtook him and his mind was comforted by the dream of seeing his love once again.

Back to index


Chapter 20: Chapter 20: Our Own Destiny

Author's Notes: Just setting things up- i know it's not that suspenseful, but trust me it will get better! i'm debating whether or not to make the next chapter even darker than this one- if i do the rating might go up- but i want to know what u think. if enough people are against that, than i obviously won't, but let me know :)


Chapter 20: Our Own Destiny


“How are you this morning?”


Aladdin opened his eyes and shook away his sleepiness. His eyes met those of a girl with long straight hair the color of midnight and mesmerizing blue eyes.



“Okay I guess,” Aladdin replied shaking his head.




Jade sat beside him, adorned in revealing robes of pure silk the color of deep scarlet outlined with golden sleeves. On her head stood a delicate crown of a princess, solid silver with rubies and emeralds entwined to form a sphere at the top.


Aladdin couldn’t help but notice her beauty, her tanned skin and dark hair reminded him of Jasmine…


“A lot better from yesterday I assume?” her voice was soft and playful. Jade smiled at him as she spoke.



“Yeah,” Aladdin replied, not believing that he had mistaken this girl for a servant, she was clearly royalty.


Jade’s striking eyes met his for a moment and she said, “My father is looking for you, he wants to discuss war tactics or something along the lines of that.”


Aladdin got up and thanked Jade as he left. As he disappeared from the room, a small formed on her lips.



~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Back in Agrabah…




Jasmine paced back and forth in her room, worry filling her ever step. She sighed as she sat down. She reached out and took in her hand the only picture she had of Aladdin that stood on her vanity, wishing that he were here. She stared at herself in the mirror and had to look away.


Her long black hair was arranged in an elegant twist, held back by fragile silver pins and scattered gracefully by tiny pearls. A crown of pure diamonds circled to meet in the middle to a sapphire sphere rested on her head. Her dress was perfect, down to the last detail. Made of silk stained in a deep azure, it shimmered with a stunning splendor, flowing out at the ankles around her.


She looked striking, but she was instantly sickened knowing that it was only for Mozenrath’s own pleasure.


A knock disturbed her from these thoughts. Two of Mozenrath’s servants appeared at her door to her discontentment. She followed them to the throne room, not able to find any way to escape her own fate.


Her gaze met Mozenrath’s as he stood at the throne, which she noted with silence, the changes he had made. The once bright blue and golden marble ceiling and floor were replaced with a darker shade, one of deep cerulean and black. The throne itself had been altered as well- no longer the form of a golden elephant; it had been fashioned into what looked like a relic of a burning flame, as if to demonstrate Mozenrath’s power.



Mozenrath took her hand, which she gave unwilling and led her down the walkway.



Back to index


Chapter 21: Chapter 21: Darkness and Light

Author's Notes: yes- one of the most darkest chapters i've written so far...but i'm afraid it's about to get even worse. *hides*

even this is difficult for me to write...


Chapter 21: Darkness and Light


In Geisuan:


“We’ll start the war tonight, a surprise attack is our best chance,” Julian announced to his guards as Aladdin walked into the throne room. The King nodded at Aladdin’s appearance and moments later the guards left to prepare for the attack on Agrabah.


“I’m glad you’re here Aladdin. I meant to tell you earlier, the people that escaped from your city before Mozenrath took control are safe now. They’ve been arriving in groups, along with your own guards. My kingdom will provide protection for them until Agrabah is once again in the right hands. Then I’m sure they will be happy to return home.”


Aladdin stood amazed at the king’s words. But however joyful he felt that everyone had made it here alive and well couldn’t take away the fact that Jasmine was still trapped in Agrabah, with a demon of a sorcerer.



“It’ll all be over soon. Trust me,” Julian said in response to Aladdin’s silence.


“Somehow I don’t think it’s going to be that simple,” Aladdin thought, unable to imagine what could go wrong.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Back in Agrabah:


“And with this kiss, you two are joined forever more…”


Mozenrath leaned in to kiss Jasmine. As his lips met hers, Jasmine could feel her heart tremble with fear. His lips pressed cruelly against her own, forcing her to resist from pulling away, as her heart screamed out in pain at his touch. His lips touching hers was worse than a nightmare, and settled around her like a shadow of his darkness.



Finally he pulled away from her and led her to his bedroom. Tears streamed down Jasmine’s face as she fought with all her willpower to follow him. Every thought in her mind, every part of her wanted to believe this wasn’t happening. She struggled to believe what lay ahead and forced her heart to feel nothing.


“Oh Allah, save me,” she whispered.



Back to index


Chapter 22: Chapter 22: Take Me Away

Author's Notes: oh gosh~ people may hate me after reading this chapter~ but the genre is dark/angst~ so be prepared. i don't think i went too far~ tell me what u think...


please no flames :)


Chapter 22: Take Me Away



Mozenrath closed the door behind them, after they entered the room. Jasmine silently looked around for a way out, knowing that there was none.


She could feel his revolting lips on her neck and had to pull away. Mozenrath’s smile was taunting, yet playful, something she was getting used to seeing.


“What’s wrong, princess?” his voice was low and absent of sympathy. He ran his hand along the line of her jaw, his eyes burning into hers. “Is that any way to treat your husband?”


Jasmine turned away from his passionate gaze, unable to even admit to herself what she had done.



Mozenrath swiftly grabbed her arm, forcing her to face him. Jasmine could feel him hold her with inhuman strength close to him.


“You better put your personal feelings aside, my dear. You’re my wife now.”


She tried to pull away from him, put he just forced her closer. Mozenrath swiftly brought his hand to the back of her neck, bringing her lips to his, kissing her aggressively. Jasmine tried to free her hands, struggling against him, but found her strength was no match for his. Mozenrath finally pulled away, leering in the way that seemed so nature to him.


“I know I’m going to enjoy it,” he said wickedly.



He came close, his face inches from her now and she could feel his breath warm on her skin. She knew it was no use to fight him; he was too powerful, too strong. She had never seen the sorcerer in this light, all these years, she thought he hated her as much as she hated him, and instead he wanted her more than she could fathom.


He went to kiss her again, and this time she forced her body to accept it, without fighting. He noticed her submission and was pleased.


Every time he touched her it was like her skin where he had graced was on fire, in its only way to release the pain, the hurt she felt in her heart.


She closed her eyes against the pain, willing it away, wishing with all of her being that she could escape.


She knew that she would never forget his gaze, his touch…taking her from what life she had once known before into his darkness. With every one of his kisses she could feel the pain run deeper, one she knew she could never erase alone.


Finally she escaped in the safety of her dreams.

Back to index


Chapter 23: Chapter 23: The End?

Author's Notes: yes it's the last chapter-i know it's unexpected, but somehow i felt like the story had to come to an end~ i hope you enjoy :)


Chapter 23: The End?


The sound of swords clashing and screaming met Jasmine’s ears as she was abruptly awoken from her sleep. She found herself alone in the room. Believing that the sounds she had heard must have been a dream, Jasmine turned over and was about to drift off to sleep, when echoes of warfare shattered through the silence. Instantly she was up, with her heart racing, Jasmine slipped into her usual sea blue princess outfit and ran towards the noise.




As she entered the throne room, she could instantly tell that something was wrong. Mozenrath was standing over the balcony, watching the city, anger written all over his face. His eyes had lowered to a darker shade, no doubt hiding his aggravation.


She came up beside him and gasped when her eyes fell upon the city.


A whole army, thousands of men she guessed were slowly making their way towards Agrabah, fighting Mozenrath’s undead servants as if they were nothing.


“Seems your pathetic street rat has made a new friend,” Mozenrath’s voice came out of no where. Jasmine could sense a hint of worry in his voice.

A wave of relief washed over Jasmine, Aladdin was coming. This single thought gave her a renewed sense of determination.


“No matter, the streetrat will never…”he thought out loud.


“So nice to meet you again Mozenrath,” came a familiar voice. Everyone turned towards the voice.


“Aladdin, such an unpleasant surprise,” was the only thing Mozenrath could say. Aladdin stood confidently a few feet away, a couple of dozen of guards by his side, standing ready for anything. Jasmine’s heart skipped a beat, was it really him? Her heart wanted to believe it was, but her mind told her that it was impossible.


“Give up Mozenrath, this battle is over,” Aladdin said, a new fire shining in his eyes. The lost and helpless look Mozenrath had seen in him last was gone, replaced with a fierce fortitude and vigor. Mozenrath chuckled casually in response.


“Ah…but the fight has just begun,” Mozenrath smiled at Jasmine as he continued. “And I like the benefits of being Agrabah’s ruler.” Jasmine looked away from his glance.


Aladdin, unmoved continued. “You’re outnumbered twenty to one Mozenrath; even you have the sense to know when you’ve lost.”


Mozenrath just grinned, playing out his chances. Without warning he grabbed Jasmine’s waist, bringing her closer to him, his hand glowing with a violet shade. His eyes darkened.


“Tell your guards to leave or I’ll leave you without your precious princess, street rat.”


Aladdin hesitated only a moment and turned towards the guards,


“Wait outside the door, if anything happens don’t wait to act,” was his only order. As the guards left, Mozenrath relaxed his hold on the princess.


“Let her go,” Aladdin growled, this time his voice was commanding, without a trace of fear.


Mozenrath sighed, still holding her without a way to escape. He seemed to be playing for time, as a plan entered his mind.


“I may just keep her, something for my own amusement, how would you like that, street rat?” His voice came with a seriousness that sent shivers down Jasmine’s spine. His words hit a nerve, Aladdin stepped closer.



“I outta kill you Mozenrath…” Aladdin said as he moved, ready to make the sorcerer pay for his threat. A hand stopped him.


“Don’t Aladdin,” came a soft and soothing voice. Aladdin turned and met Jade’s piercing gaze.


“How did you…” he started, unable to hide his astonishment.


Jade just turned her attention to Mozenrath, while she spoke to Aladdin. “I’m a sorceress Aladdin, I have many powers.” Aladdin looked back at her in disbelief. That was a detail she had left out.


Mozenrath’s eyes lit up at the new arrival. “Oh how sweet, Aladdin, tell me you expect this girl to save you?” he added sarcastically.


Jade just smiled in response, pulling back her arm and pointed it expertly at Mozenrath’s only power source. Before anyone could even comprehend what she was doing, electric blue energy shot from her hands and Mozenrath doubled back in pain.


“Why you…!” He shouted furiously, ready to attack her. But somehow the attack had affected his powers and weakened his strength drastically.


Mozenrath slowly realized that nothing else could be done. A smirk made its way across his face though, as a last act of defiance. He turned his attention once back towards Jasmine.


“This isn’t over, my dear princess. You can bet your life on it,” he said with an unmistakable air of danger.


And without another word, the sorcerer had vanished from their sight.


Aladdin ran and met Jasmine, still unable to believe that she had ever been lost to him. He lifted her in his arms and she hugged him back, wanting to forget the last few days forever in his embrace.



Tears began to run down her face as she whispered in his ear. “Aladdin don’t ever leave me.”


Aladdin kissed her forehead lightly and replied, love shining so openly in his eyes, “Never my princess, will I leave you again.”



Jade stood off, letting the couple reunite in peace. A look of sorrow faintly filled her expression, as if she saw before her a love that she would never possess.


Aladdin gently pulled away. His gaze met Jade’s silently.


“Thank you,” was all that he said, a deep compassion in his voice. Jade nodded as she turned, hiding the tear that had fallen from her eyes. It was time she went home.


She said her last good bye and let the guards come in from outside the throne doors.



Jasmine was still holding on to Aladdin, as if she were afraid that he would leave her again. She was crying openly in his arms, releasing all the pain of the last few days go, letting him take her sorrow away.


“It’s okay, I’m here.” Aladdin said over and over. Jasmine smiled for the first time in days at the sound of his voice, her heart so afraid to believe that he had finally come.


“I love you,” she said, looking once back in his eyes.


“I love you too,” Aladdin replied, bringing her close for a kiss.



Jasmine felt herself lost in his embrace, safe in the arms of her only love. Still a darkness was still tugging at the back of her mind, one she knew she couldn’t easily forget. She pushed the memory away and felt herself once again feeling as if life had becomes hers again.


Aladdin hugged her back, in his heart the fears he had before melting away into nothing. He would never leave her again; he swore he would be there, no matter what lay ahead.


As the couple were about to leave the throne room, Jasmine noticed a note on the floor, the edges burned as if by a fire, and the letters elegantly written in a dark black.


It read:


Your father and Genie are still mine~ to get them back it will take something beyond your wildest dreams~


I never lose Aladdin…


Mozenrath



The couple just stood for a long moment after reading the letter. Silence settled unpleasantly over the two. Aladdin was the first to break it.



“If it’s a fight he wants, it’s a fight he’s going to get.”


Jasmine took his hand in hers. “This time, we’ll fight together.”




~~~~The End~~~~~~



Or is it? i may write a sequel, but i'm not sure yet. anyways, i want to personally thank all of my readers, your reviews have really helped me write this story!!


But any last comments/suggestions let me know :)


Thanks Again everyone !!

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=738