True Love's First Meeting by Cassim fan



Summary: Cassim and Carina's first meeting and how they got together.
Rating: G starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Cassim, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 06/17/06
Updated: 06/19/06


Index

Chapter 1: First Encounter
Chapter 2: Best Friends
Chapter 3: Love Breaks Through
Chapter 4: Second Year of Love
Chapter 5: True Love Bound by Marriage
Chapter 6: Agrabah


Chapter 1: First Encounter

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, Carina, or Hiyahmah. Cassim belongs to Disney. Carina and the town Hiyahmah belong to other fan fiction authors.


Sixteen year old Cassim was walking through the so called marketplace of the town Hiyahmah. He had been on his own since he was twelve years old. People hardly noticed him as he walked by. Wearing his black shirt with blue sleeves, black pants, gray pointed shoes, and navy blue cape with a hood and veil that were down, Cassim didn't really stand out.

"So I'll cherish the old rugged cross. 'Til my trophies at last I lay down. I will cling to the old rugged cross, and exchange it someday for a crown."

Cassim stopped and listen to the voice. He followed it to where it was coming from. He saw a young girl about his age standing at an open window, singing. The sound of her voice seemed to enchant him.

He moved forward, hiding behind some barrels. In his excitment to get closer he stepped on a stick and it broke. The girl stopped singing and stared at the place he was hiding.

She left the house and made her way over to the barrels. Cassim dared not to breathe for fear he would give away his position.

"It's no use hiding. I know you're there. Come out where I can see you."

Cassim gulped silently and didn't move.

"Don't be a coward. What could a sixteen year old girl do to you?"

Cassim slowly stood up and faced her. They stared at each other. They couldn't take their eyes off the other person!

She's gorgeous! Her skin lightly tanned, her eyes a dazzling brown, her lips red as a rose, her hair long, straight, thick, ebony black like a waterfall of the softest silk.

Wow! He's stunningly handsome! His skin deeply tanned, his eyes dark brown, his figure muscular, his hair down to his broad shoulders, thick, wavy, ebony black.

Cassim finally tore his gaze away from hers. He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Uh,... I uh.... I like your singing."

"Thank you. I'm Carina."

"I'm Cassim."

When they shook hands neither one of them wanted to let go! They became friends from that day on.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Best Friends

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, Carina, or the town Hiyahmah.


A month passed since Cassim and Carina first met. They were already best friends. Carina's parents approved of their daughter spending her time with Cassim. He often came by to help her with her chores.

Carina's parents owned a large farm. They kept horses, and soon found that Cassim had a way with horses.

One day Cassim and Carina were going to go for a ride. Cassim picked a horse. It was a young bay stallion. Cassim saddled and bridled him then mounted.

Carina had already bridled, saddled, and mounted her horse. It was a white filly.

"Lets go."

The two headed off. They cantered side by side a ways. After a while they stopped in a canyon.

"That was fun."

"Yeah it was."

Suddenly an arrow hit the ground not far away!

"What the..."

Cassim looked up at the side it had come from.

"Run!"

They turned their horses and galloped for the exit. Arrows rained down upon them! The horses thundered side by side towards the exit.

"We're almost there!"

Suddenly Carina heard a cry of pain beside her. She looked over just in time to see Cassim tumbled from his saddle with an arrow in his shoulder!

"Cassim!"

The stallion raced out of the canyon. Carina stopped her horse.

"Go!"

"But..."

"Go, Carina! Get out of here!"

Carina galloped back towards him. She reached her hand down. Cassim grabbed her hand and jumped on behind her. He fought back another cry of pain as he did.

They got out of the canyon and rode a ways before stopping. They saw Cassim's horse standing not very far away. Carina stopped her horse again. Cassim fell off again.

"Cassim!"

Carina dismounted and knelt down beside him. Cassim jerked the arrow from his shoulder. Carina tore off her sleeve and wrapped it around Cassim's shoulder.

"That should do it until we get back."

"Thanks. Could you help me up?"

Carina helped Cassim to his feet. He mounted his horse, and they rode back. Once they got back Cassim's shoulder was cleaned and bandaged. He thanked Carina's mother and went home.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Love Breaks Through

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, Carina, Destain, or the town Hiyahmah. The shop owner is mine.


One year had passed since Cassim and Carina met. Their feelings for each other were changing. As much as they denied it, Cassim and Carina knew that they would have to face the truth soon. Unknown to them they would face the truth allot sooner than they thought!

One day Cassim and Carina were walking through the so called marketplace. Suddenly they heard the sound of a horse galloping. They looked up to see a horse pulling a charriot heading right for them!

"Look out!"

Cassim and Carina moved out of the way. The driver, whose face was hidden, grabbed Carina!

"Cassim!"

"Carina!"

Cassim ran after them. The rider's hand began to glow! A portal appeared in front of the charriot! The horse and charriot went right through it! The portal disappeared before Cassim got there.

"No!"

"That was the sorcerer, Destain."

Cassim turned to the man who said that.

"Who is this Destain?"

"He's the most powerful sorcerer around. He is not one to be angered."

"Where can I find him?"

"In the Land of the Black Sand. That is where he rules."

"How do I get there?"

"It is a many days walk. You would need a map."

"How can I get a map?"

"I have one back at my shop. I'll gladly give it to you for a trade."

"Alright."

The man took Cassim to his shop.

"What do you have to trade?"

Cassim thought for a moment. He reached into his pocket and took out an emerald that he had planned on giving to Carina.

"I have this."

"This will get you the map and sword needed to defeat Destain. I will give them both to you."

"Thank you."

Cassim took the map and sword back to the farm. Carina's parents allowed him to take the best horse they had. He set off to find the Land of Black Sand. Days later he arrived. He pulled his hood and veil up so only his eyes were showing. It gave him a devilish look!

Cassim slipped into the castle and made his way to the throne room where Destain was with Carina.

"Come now my dear, what does this Cassim fellow have that I don't."

Cassim froze at his name.

"For one thing he has a heart of gold. He is good, kind, caring, honest..."

Destain laughed evilly.

"Yes, and he's poor."

"I don't care that he's poor! I love him!"

Cassim stopped breathing for a moment.

Carina loved him?

"You love him do you?"

"Yes. I love him and want to marry him!"

Again Cassim stopped breathing.

She wanted to marry him?

Cassim leaped forward and burst through the doors.

"Let her go, Destain!" he roared.

"Cassim!"

"Ah, nice of you to join us. We were just talking about you."

"I know. I heard."

Carina gulped quietly.

"You heard me?"

"Yes I did."

Destain blasted Cassim with his magic! Cassim flew backwards and crashed into the wall! Carina's chains disappeared.

"Come on! Is that the best you can do, boy?"

Cassim drew his sword. He saw Destain give a strart at the sight of the sword with the power to defeat him.

"You want my best? Alright. See if you can hit me now!"

Cassim charged, running side to side. Destain blasted magic.

"You missed me by a long shot!"

"I wasn't aiming for you!"

Cassim whirled around and raced towards Carina. He summoned all his strength to his legs and leaped forward. He pushed Carina out of the way. He cried out in pain as the magic hit him hard!

"Cassim!"

Cassim fell to the floor and didn't move! Carina cradled his head in her lap and stroked his hair. Destain laughed evilly.

"So ends the boy."

"Oh, Cassim."

Cassim stirred and looked at her.

"Carina?"

"I'm here."

"Carina, I have to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I love you, too."

Carina forced a smile. She leaned down and they shared their first kiss!

Back to index


Chapter 4: Second Year of Love

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, Carina, or the town Hiyahmah.


It had been two years since Cassim and Carina confessed their love to each other. Now they both knew that they were meant to be. They knew that what they had was true love! Nothing would come between them!

One day Cassim was in the so called marketplace. He was going to the farm. Once he got there he asked to speak with Carina's father alone.

"What is it, my boy?"

"Uh, I would like to seek your daughter's hand in marriage."

Carina's father smiled.

"Lets see what she thinks about that before I answer."

"Okay."

The two went out to the barn.

"Carina."

"Hi, Cassim."

Carina's father stood in the doorway. Cassim took Carina over to a large rock they liked to sit on. She sat down on it. Carina's father watched Cassim get down on one knee, take Carina's right hand in both of his, and look at her.

A moment later Carina let out a yell and hugged Cassim. They went back over to Carina's father.

"I take it that was a yes."

"It sure was!"

"Then I agree to let you marry my daughter once you are both of age."

Carina hugged him.

"Thank you, Father."

The next day Cassim swept his new finacé off her feet and kissed her. Carina's parents were very happy for their daughter. They knew that Cassim would glad die protecting her if that's what it took for her to live!

Back to index


Chapter 5: True Love Bound by Marriage

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, Carina, or the town Hiyahmah.


Cassim never felt so nervous in his life! He was also excited. The wait was finally over! Today was his wedding day! In a matter of minutes he and Carina would be joined forever by marriage!

Carina's father was helping him get his wedding robe on right.

"I'm really nervous."

"I know how you feel. I felt the same way when married Carina's mother."

"I mean I'm also nervous about after the wedding."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean for when we have a family. I have no money to support a family."

"Cassim, you'll part of the family. Our money will be your money."

"Thanks."

"Okay. Lets go."

Once the wedding was over Cassim and Carina enjoyed the rest of the evening outside. Night fell and there wasn't a soul outside save for two people. Two young lovers that shared true love.

The next day Cassim and Carina were talking. Or rather arguing!

"Carina, there's nothing here for us anymore! The town is dying! This town has nothing for us! But Agrabah does! Agrabah holds a promise. A promise to a better future, a better life. Do you want to raise a family here? Agrabah would be the perfect place to raise a family."

"Cassim, we were born here."

"I know that, but there's here for us anymore! There's nothing here for me! It's always been my dream to go to Agrabah ever since I was a child."

"I don't want to keep you back from your dream. If going to Agrabah is that important to you then go."

"I won't leave you. I'll never leave you. You're my one true love."

"You're my one true love, too."

"Then come with me."

"I can't leave my parents."

"They can come with us."

"They wouldn't make the trip."

Cassim sighed.

"You're right. I'll stay with you."

"Cassim, after my parents die we'll go to Agrabah."

Cassim's face lit up.

"You mean it?"

"Of course I mean it. Would I lie to you?"

"No. Nor will I lie to you or keep secrets from you."

Back to index


Chapter 6: Agrabah

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, carina, or the town Hiyahmah.


It had been over a year since Cassim and Carina were married. Carina was expecting a child, and her parents had died a few months after the marriage. Now she and Cassim were on their way to Agrabah.

After many days of traveling they finally reached the city. The baby was due any day now. Cassim couldn't find a place to stay. Finally they just consented to an old hovel. Cassim got a job and seemed happy about it.

Perhaps Cassim had been right about Agrabah. Perhaps they would have a better future.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=760