Love and Loyalty by Cassim fan



Summary: Aladdin and Jasmine have been married six months now. Mozenrath has some nasty plans for the young lovers. When Aladdin and Jasmine are carptured Genie, Carpet, and Abu must find Cassim. They know that he's the only one who can save Aladdin and Jasmine. Can they find him and Iago before Mozenrath carries out his threat to kill Aladdin and Jasmine?
Rating: G starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Abu, Aladdin, Carpet, Cassim, Genie, Iago, Jasmine, Mozenrath, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark/Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Love and Loyalty Chapters
Published: 06/18/06
Updated: 06/19/06


Index

Chapter 1: Sixth Month
Chapter 2: The Layer
Chapter 3: Cassim vs. Mozenrath
Chapter 4: Cassim's Secret Revealed


Chapter 1: Sixth Month

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Abu, Carpet, Iago, Mozenrath, or Xerxes. They belong to Disney. Diana is mine.


It had been six months since the wedding. The gang already missed Cassim and Iago allot. One night Aladdin and Jasmine were about to go to bed when Mozenrath and Xerxes appeared on their balcony!

The wizard was the same age and height as Aladdin. His hair was as black as night, and his skin was very pale.

"Mozenrath! What are you doing here?"

Mozenrath didn't answer. He knocked the two out and brought them back to Land of the Black Sand, his kingdom!

"Al. Jas. Wake up." Genie called the next morning.

He entered the room and gasped.

"Guys, come here!"

Carpet and Abu rushed over.

"Where are Al and Jas?"

Abu found a note. It was from Mozenrath saying that in seven days he would kill Aladdin and Jasmine!

"What are we going to do?" Abu sreeched in his own way.

Genie thought for a moment. Then he snapped his fingers.

"Cassim! Lets get Cassim!"

Abu grabbed Genie's lamp and had it beside him on Carpet as they headed off to find Cassim and Iago.

Back to index


Chapter 2: The Layer

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, Aladdin, Jasmine, Carpet, Genie, Iago, Abu, Mozenrah, or Xerxes. Pleez pretend that they have engagement rings there and back then!


Carpet flew to the layer of the Forty Thieves. He used the secret entrance he, Cassim, Aladdin, Abu, and Iago had used so Cassim could see Aladdin's wedding. He stopped once inside.

Abu rubbed the lamp, and Genie came out.

"We're here?"

Carpet nodded. They kept moving then stopped when they heard a voice they didn't recognize.

"You really did that?" came a woman's voice.

"Yes I did."

The second voice was belonged to Cassim. They would recognize his deep, rich, handsome voice anywhere! They hid behind a large statue and peeked around it.

Cassim sat at the fire pit. Beside him sat a lovely woman about a year younger than him!

"You know, it's hard to believe that you were the King of Thieves."

"Yeah it is."

Cassim looked at the woman.

"You know what I find hard to believe?"

"What?"

"That I've fallen in love again. Aladdin's mother is my one true love."

"That doesn't mean that you can't love again."

"I know that now, Diana."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You seem nervous about something."

Cassim reached into his pocket.

"What man wouldn't be nervous if he had *this* in his pocket?"

As he said that Cassim pulled a velvet box from his pocket. Diana gasped softly.

"Oh, Cassim."

Cassim got down on one knee in front of her, looked into her eyes, took a deep breath, and slowly let it.

"Diana, will you marry me?"

Diana's mind raced.

"Of course I will!"

Cassim slipped the ring onto the third finger of her left hand. Then he happily kissed her.

Suddenly a statue fell over and broke! Cassim leaped to his feet and pulled out his sword! He relaxed when he saw who it was.

"Genie? Carpet? Abu?"

Abu rushed over and climbed up on his shoulder. He hugged Cassim's neck. Cassim laughed and ruffled the fur on his head. Carpet flew around Cassim like he had done to Aladdin when they first met.

"Hey, Carpet. It's good to see you."

Genie hugged Cassim tightly.

"Genie, I can't breathe!"

Genie let go.

"Oh, sorry."

Cassim hugged him. Genie returned the hug, only not as tight as before.

"What are you guys doing here? Where's Aladdin?"

"That's why we're here."

"Huh?"

"Cassim, can you keep it down? Can't a bird get some... Abu! Carpet! Genie!"

Iago flew over and hugged his friends.

"We've missed you too, Iago."

"Where are Al and Jas?"

"That's why we're here."

Genie explained what had happened. He handed Cassim the note. Cassim looked up Genie after he read the note.

"I'll help you save them."

"Thanks. Lets go."

"Cassim."

Cassim turned around to see Diana. He smacked his forehead!

"Forgive my stupidity."

He introduced the gang to Diana.

"Diana, stay here. I'll be back."

Cassim and Iago boarded Carpet, and they took off for the Land of the Black Sand.

"There is it. The sight never gets old." Genie said about a half hour later.

"This place has death written all over it." Cassim said as he shuddered slightly.

"Ah! Mamluks!"

"What are mamluks?"

"Those!"

Cassim saw what looked like zombies! He cocked one eyebrow.

"They don't look like much of a challenge."

"They're not unless there are tons of them like there are now!"

Mozenrath was in his lab. Aladdin and Jasmine were chained to the wall. Mozenrath watched the gang fight the mamluks through a mirror. At first he didn't see Cassim or Iago.

Abu was about to be sliced in half! Suddenly another sword swept away the mamluks!

"What in the world..."

A tall figure dressed in a black shirt with blues sleeves, black pants, gray pointed boots, and a navy blue cape with a hood and veil picked Abu up. The hood and veil were up so only his eyes showed. It gave him a devilish look!

"Who the heck is he?"

Aladdin and Jasmine smiled becuase they knew. They wiped away the smiles before Mozenrath saw them.

The gang finally got into the castle. They burst into the lab with the masked man in front!

Mozenrath got a good look at the man. He could tell by his muscular figure that he was as strong as two champion fighters!

Back to index


Chapter 3: Cassim vs. Mozenrath

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, Aladdin, Jasmine, Iago, Abu, Genie, Carpet, Mozenrath, or Xerxes. Diana is mine.


The masked man glared at the sorcerer.

"Let them go!" he commanded.

His deep voice was filled with authority and anger.

"If I don't?"

The man tackled Mozenrath! Unfortunately his hood and veil went down in the proccess. His face was revealed.

"Who are you?"

"Cassim, the King of Thieves."

Mozenrath knocked Cassim off him with a blast of magic. The others tried to free Aladdin and Jasmine while Cassim and Mozenrath fought.

Aladdin and Jasmine were freed. They watched as Cassim and Mozenrath wrestled on the floor for control of Mozenrath's dagger, which he made appear!

Then Mozenrath hit Cassim hard. The older man lay on the floor, stunned. The sorcerer raised his dagger above Cassim. Jasmine hid her face in Aladdin's shoulder. Aladdin, Abu, Genie, and Iago closed their eyes.

A heart wrenching scream of pain erupted from Cassim as the blade of the dagger slowly entered his chest! Mozenrath was making it as painful and agonizing as possilbe! Finally Aladdin couldn't stand it any longer! He tackled Mozenrath, knocking him off his father. Jasmine rushed over to Cassim, dropped down beside him, and cradled the upper part of his body in her arms.

"Mozenrath, you monster!" Aladdin cried.

Cassim looked at Genie.

"Take it out of me," he wheezed.

Genie made the dagger disappear. After a few moments Cassim turned his head away and coughed. To the gang's horror he coughed up blood!

"Oh, Cassim."

Cassim looked up at her.

"Jasmine."

"Yes?"

"Look after Aladdin. Tell him that I'm proud of him."

"I will."

Cassim looked at Iago.

"Iago, come here."

Iago went over to Cassim. The man whispered in his ear.

"Don't worry. I will."

Jasmine, though she wanted to know what Cassim told Iago, didn't ask about it.

Suddenly Cassim started breathing akwardly!

"Genie, do something!"

"There's nothing I can do, Jas."

Cassim looked at Jasmine one last time. His breathing became more normal just enough for him to say his last words.

"Thank you for showing me that there is more to life than riches." he whispered weakly.

Cassim's eyes closed, his head fell to the side, his breathing stopped, and his heart stopped beating. Tears began to trickle down Jasmine, Iago, Genie, and Abu's faces.

Mozenrath flew by them and crashed into the wall! Aladdin saw his wife and friends crying.

"What's wrong?"

Jasmine couldn't speak so Genie told him. Aladdin burst into tears when Genie's words sank in. He grabbed Mozenrath and shoved him up against the wall!

"You murderer! You killed him! You killed my father!"

"Al, lets go home. Leave him be. We'll take care of him later."

Aladdin got on Carpet. He cradled his father's head in his lap.

Back to index


Chapter 4: Cassim's Secret Revealed

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, Aladdin, Jasmine, iago, Genie, Carpet, Abu, Mozenrath, or Xerxes. Diana is mine.


The gang flew into the layer of the Forty Thieves. Aladdin was surprised and confused when he saw Diana. Carpet stopped and let his passangers off.

Genie gently lifted Cassim's body off Carpet and lay him on the floor.

"Cassim!"

Diana rushed over and dropped down beside him.

"What happened?"

"First of all who are you, and what are you doing here?"

"I'm Diana."

Before Iago could stop her, Diana continued.

"Cassim's finacé."

"Dad's what?!"

"Who?"

"Cassim is my father."

"So you're Aladdin."

"Yes I'm Aladdin. Now what did you say?"

"I'm Cassim's finacé."

Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, and Genie's eyes widened, and they jaws dropped.

"Why didn't Dad tell me?"

A familiar, handsome, deep voice answered!

"Because I was afraid you would hate me."

They all whirled around to see Cassim standing where he had been laying!

"The Lord sent me back."

"Dad!"

"Cassim!"

Aladdin tackled his father in a tight hug!

"You're alive!"

"Yes I'm alive."

Aladdin squeezed his father tightly.

"Not for long if you don't loosen up."

"Sorry."

Aladdin let go and helped his father up. Then he threw his arms around him again. The gang also hugged him. Diana melted into his arms. Cassim leaned in closer and kissed her. He pulled back when Aladdin cleared his throat.

"Explaination please."

Cassim explained about Diana and why he didn't tell Aladdin.

"Oh. I understand now."

Cassim reached out, pulled his son to him, and ruffled his hair.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=768