The Father Daughter Bond by Cassim fan



Summary: From my story on my computer in my room, "What Might have Happened" where Cassim never left. Aladdin and Diana are dead. Cassim and Jasmine must lean on each other. Through the time of sorrow they form a father daughter relationship. The sultan is already dead so Cassim must take over as the new sultan since Aladdin is dead! Isabel and Aden, Aladdin's halfbrother and halfsister, have turned to their father completely. Can Cassim take care of the four year twins and learn how to rule Agrabah before Mozenrath attacks after finding out about Aladdin's death? Or will Agrabah be taken over by the young sorcerer?
Rating: G starstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Abu, Aladdin, Carpet, Cassim, Genie, Iago, Jasmine, Mozenrath, Original Characters, Other, Rajah, Sultan
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark/Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Cassim's Adventures and Quests.
Published: 06/22/06
Updated: 06/26/06


Index

Chapter 1: A New Sultan
Chapter 2: The Meeting
Chapter 3: Mozenrath
Chapter 4: Epilogue


Chapter 1: A New Sultan

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, the gang, Mozenrath, or Xerxes. Diana, Isabel, Aden, Ali, the ally sultan, and his family are mine.


Cassim stood as the crown was placed on his head.

"Long live Sultan Cassim!"

The people joined in shouting those words. A little while later Cassim exchanged the crown for his turban. He saw Jasmine standing off by herself. He made his way through the crowd over to her.

Jasmine felt someone take her hand. She turned to find herself looking at Cassim.

"Come on. Since Aladdin isn't here to dance with you I will."

She smiled as her father-in-law led her over to the dancers. In a few moments they were gracefully waltzing around the throne room. Everyone stood back to give them room. After a while Jasmine leaned her head against Cassim's chest. She could hear his heart beating strongly.

Cassim smiled down at her when she leaned her head against his chest. He was glad that Ali, Aladdin and Jasmine's infant son, was sleeping. He was also glad that Isabel and Ahmed, his and Diana's twins, were sleeping too.

After a while they stopped dancing and sat down on their thrones. Finally the party ended. After the guests left Cassim went to railing of the throne room balcony. He looked out over the peacful city of Agrabah.

It was his! It was all his! This was suppose to be an exciting moment in his life! Yet it wasn't!

Cassim wasn't excited at all. He was nervous. He had adjusted to the responsibilities of a prince and royal vizier. But could he adjust to the responsibilities of a sultan before Mozenrath, Lord of the Land of the Black Sand, found out about Aladdin's death and attacked?

The reponsibilties of a prince and royal vizier were nearly overwhelming when combinded! But he wasn't the royal vizier anymore. He wasn't even a prince anymore. He was the Sultan of Agrabah now! Now even greater responsibilities came to him!

Cassim sighed and looked up at the star filled sky. Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder! He turned around to see Jasmine.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"What's bothering you?"

"Just about everything. I could hardly stand to the responsibilities of a prince and royal vizier combinded. Now I have to face the responisibilities of a sultan!"

"Cassim, I'll be there to help you. I just know that you're going to be the greatest sultan Agrabah has ever had."

Cassim looked at her.

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

Cassim smiled at her.

"Thanks."

"Now lets go to bed. It's getting late."

The next morning Cassim awoke early. He changed into his cream "Prince Aden", his prince name when he and Aladdin's were princes as Cassim's first wish, and brushed his hair. He carefully combed his beard as well. Once he was satisfied with how he looked, he put on his turban and went downstairs.

Jasmine was already waiting for him in the throne room when he got there.

"Good morning, Cassim."

"Good morning, Jasmine."

Suddenly they heard a loud CRASH! The two looked at each other.

"What was that?!"

"It came from the kitchen!"

Cassim and Jasmine ran to the kitchen to find Iago and Abu fighting over a bannana!

"Iago! Abu!"

The two animals turned to Cassim.

"What are you doing?"

Iago explained what they were doing. Cassim took the bannana and cut it in half.

"There. You each get a half. Now out of the kitchen!"

The animals hurried out of the kitchen.

"That was odd."

"Yeah it was."

Later that day the sultan of an ally kingdom came with his family. Cassim, Jasmine, who was holding Ali, Isabel, Ahmed, Genie, Rajah, Suki, Carpet, Abu, and Iago were in the throne room.

Iago was perched on Cassim's right shoulder. Abu was on Genie's shoulder.

The sultan looked at Cassim.

"I take it you are the new sultan."

"That's correct."

"Ah, it was a grave loss for Agrabah and Bali."

The sultan introduced his family. Cassim introduced the gang.

"Kids, why don't you go play outside?"

"Okay."

The children ran off with Ahmed and Isabel.

Back to index


Chapter 2: The Meeting

Cassim and the other sultan went into Cassim's room to talk.

"Sultan Cassim,..."

"Please, just call me Cassim."

"Alright. Cassim, I came here to talk to you about the agreement I had with the sultan before Sultan Aladdin."

"What agreement might that be?"

The other sultan looked at him.

"I haven't even been the sultan for a whole day yet. I'm learning."

The other sultan explained about the agreement.

"I assure you that if you need anything I'd be willing to help in every way I can." Cassim said when the other sultan finished.

"Good."

Suddenly a cry from below in the menagerie interuppted them!

"Help!"

"That's Aden!"

Before the other sultan could say a word Cassim raced out of his room. He ran outside into the menagerie.

"Kids?"

"Daddy, over here!"

Cassim rushed over to the large, deep pool.

"Aden, where's your sister?"

"She fell in." Aden said, pointing to the pool.

Cassim's face turned a little pale. He pulled his turban off and dove in! The others came running.

"Aden, what's wrong?"

"Isabel fell in the pool. Daddy just jumped in after her."

"He what?!" Jasmine exclaimed.

Cassim opened his eyes and saw Isabel. He swam over, grabbed her, and pulled her to the surface. He swam over to the edge and handed his daughter to Jasmine. Genie pulled him up and dried him and Isabel off.

Cassim took his four year old daughter in his arms.

"Is she alright?" the other sultan asked.

"I don't know."

Just then Isabel coughed and opened her eyes.

"Daddy?"

"Oh, Isabel. You're alright!"

Cassim hugged her and put her down.

"You guys stay away from the pool, okay?"

"Okay."

"Go play."

The children ran off to play.

"You did a brave thing."

"You're talking to Agrabah's greatest hero." Genie said.

"You are Agrabah's greatest hero?"

"You could say that."

"It is an honor to meet you."

Cassim and Jasmine looked at each other and shrugged.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Mozenrath

It had been four months since Cassim became the new sultan. One day he was out in the marketplace in his old clothes (the clothes he wears as the King of Thieves from the moive 'Aladdin and the King of Thieves' in case you're wondering). Suddenly dark clouds moved in front of the sun. Mozenrath's laughter was heard!

"Uh oh."

Cassim ran back to the palace. He entered the throne room just as Mozenrath appeared!

"Mozenrath." he growled.

"Ah, Cassim. Long time no see."

"Cut the small talk, Mozenrath. What are you doing here?"

"The usual. Revenge on you."

Cassim fought the impulse to roll his eyes.

"Will you ever learn that you'll never..."

Cassim flew backwards from a blast of magic Mozenrath hit him with! He hit the wall and fell to the floor.

"... win."

Jasmine, Genie, Isabel, Ahmed, Iago, and Abu rushed to his side.

"Are you okay?"

Genie helped Cassim to his feet.

"My head hurts, but other than that I'm fine."

Cassim drew his sword and prepared to fight. What a fight it was! After a few hours Mozenrath suddenly fired a blast of magic at the twins!

"No!"

Cassim dropped his sword and raced towards the twins. Summoning all his strength to his legs, Cassim leaped forward with all his might. The blast hit Cassim instead of the twins!

Cassim flew back and slammed into the wall. He fell to the floor and didn't move again! The gang attacked Mozenrath with fury! They chased him off and hurried over to Cassim.

Jasmine cradled his head in her lap and stroked his hair. Cassim moaned and stirred. His dark brown eyes fluttered open.

"Cassim!"

"Daddy!"

"You're alive!"

Back to index


Chapter 4: Epilogue

As the years passed Cassim became the greatest, the wisest, and the bravest ruler Agrabah ever had and ever would have! Even through he was the sultan, he was still Agrabah's greatest hero. He trained Ali to be the next sultan himself.

Iago, Abu, Rajah, and Suki had died together. Carpet and Genie stayed by Cassim's side no matter what. Cassim remained strong for a few more years.

But as he aged his strength faded. As he got to the older age he began to have some minor problems with his heart! He became ill, but he still ruled the city. With his family and friends to help him, Cassim ruled Agrabah until the day he died!

Then, one night while he was sleeping, Cassim's heart gave out! He died at age ninety-five! The city mourned the loss of their beloved sultan for months!

Ali became the sultan and continued a few things his grandfather never finished. He was a great sultan, but there would never be a sultan greater or even as great in the Seven Deserts as Sultan Cassim of Agrabah!

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=776