Life or Death by Cassim fan



Summary: Aladdin has fallen ill. The illness is fatal! There is a cure, but it's hundreds of miles away from civilization!Cassim and the gang set out to get the cure. To make matters worse they only have two weeks. They decide to take Aladdin with them. But Mirage will do everything in her power to stop them! Can the gang get to the place in one piece? More importantly, can they get the cure to Aladdin in time? (by the way in this one Cassim never left)
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Abu, Aladdin, Carpet, Cassim, Genie, Iago, Jasmine, Mirage, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark/Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Cassim's Adventures and Quests.
Published: 06/24/06
Updated: 06/26/06


Index

Chapter 1: Life or Death
Chapter 2: The First Challenges
Chapter 3: The Cure


Chapter 1: Life or Death

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, Aladdin, Jasmine, Carpet, Iago, Abu, Genie, or Mirage. Diana and the other characters are mine.


The gang flew out of Agrabah on Carpet. Jasmine cradled Aladdin's head in her lap. She looked up at Cassim. He was looking striaght ahead of them. The look in his eyes was almost hard. The princess reached up and put her hand on his shoulder. He turned to her, startled.

Jasmine looked at his handsome, bearded face. It wasn't carefree like it normally was. Now it was filled with concern.

"We'll get the cure in time."

"I hope you're right."

The thirty-seven year old man looked down at his sixteen year old son. He couldn't bare to lose his only son. He had already lost his one true love.

Princess Jasmine of Agrabah looked at her fiancé, Aladdin. He was her true love. She looked up at Cassim again. He was once more staring ahead. By the far off look on his face, she knew that he was deep in thought. Suddenly he shook his head quickly.

Jasmine knew that the thought of Aladdin dying had come to his mind. She knew that Cassim was very proud of his son for winning the heart of the Princess of Agrabah. She looked over at Princess Diana of Bali, who was sitting next to her.

The older princess was also looking at Cassim. She was thirty-six years old.

Diana moved over so she was next to Cassim. He didn't even seem to notice her until she took his hand. He looked at her, startled.

"Don't worry. You defeat Jafar, saved Agrabah, and rescued the Princess of Bali. Surely you can save your son."

"That didn't really help. That just made it worse."

"Oh. Sorry."

Cassim forced a smile, but he couldn't hide his concern. Diana did her best to get her new fiancé's mind off of failing and Aladdin dying.

They finally stopped for the night. Diana and Jasmine shared a tent. Cassim had Aladdin in his tent so he could keep an eye on him. The next morning as they were going he fell asleep on Carpet!

The gang looked at each other.

"He stayed up all night for sure." Iago said.

"You can't blame him." Genie said.

The others agreed. They let Cassim sleep. He slept until they stopped for lunch. He had slept all he could and stayed awake the rest of the day. Genie watched Aladdin that night so Cassim could sleep.

Back to index


Chapter 2: The First Challenges

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, the gang, or Mirage. Diana and the other characters are mine.


The sun found the gang already on their way. Genie and Iago were flying alongside Carpet. Cassim sat up in front, Diana and Jasmine were behind him. Aladdin lay almost across their laps. His head was in Jasmine's lap. Abu was on Cassim's left shoulder. Genie's lamp was at his sash.

It was the sixth day of their journey. Finally they came to a huge cliff. There was a door in front! On the door was a large craving of a hand. Cassim placed his hand in the carving. The door moved out of the way!

"That worked."

Cassim got back on Carpet, and they flew inside. At her home, Mirage watched them.

"Yes. Keep going. Keep going to your doom. I will see to it that you never get the cure to the younger streetrat in time!"

After a while the gang suddenly heard a fierce growl behind them! They turned to see a large dog, about the size of Rajah, coming towards them! Cassim jumped off Carpet and pulled out his sword.

The exit wasn't far away.

"Carpet, get the others outside. I'll hold it off."

"Be careful, Cassim." the gang said as Carpet flew them outside.

The dog got around Cassim and charged the gang!

"Watch out!"

Cassim dove through the air and tackled the dog.

"Carpet, get them across the canyon!"

Cassim knocked the dog back and cut the ropes of the bridge! Carpet came back and scooped him up. They gang continued their journey.

"Okay, when we go back, lets find a way around the cliff."

The others agreed with Iago. That afternoon they stopped to have lunch. Jasmine cupped some water into her hands from the near by stream. She was lifting them towards her mouth. Suddenly Cassim got to his feet and ran towards her.

"Jasmine, watch out!"

Jasmine heard a hiss off to her right. She turned to see a cobra! It coiled up and sprang up at her! Suddenly Jasmine felt a hand grab her arm! She was yanked out of the way! The snake landed in the stream!

Jasmine looked back to see who had grabbed her. It was Cassim. The man moved in-between Jasmine and the cobra. Jasmine got a good look at it. It was at least four feet long!

"Jasmine, run."

Jasmine turned and ran. The snake sprang after her. She tripped over a rock and fell! Her eyes widened as the snake got closer to her. Suddenly Cassim jumped on the snake! He held it down right behind its head so it couldn't bite him.

"Run, Jasmine!"

Jasmine got to her feet and ran back over to the others. They all watched as the snake tried to get out from underneath Cassim's hold. Then it got free! Hissing loudly, it turned on Cassim. Cassim was leaping to his feet to pull out his sword when it attacked!

Cassim cried out in pain as the cobra's fangs sunk into his left arm! The gang watched in horror as Cassim wrestled with the snake, trying to get it to let go. Finally he smashed its tail with his foot!

The cobra let go and began to slither away. The next moment the blade of Cassim's sword seperated its head from its body! Cassim looked back at the gang, blood coming from his arm.

Suddenly he collapsed!

"Cassim!"

The gang rushed to his side. Diana cradled his head in her lap as Genie drained the posion from Cassim's body. They set off once again. As they were going Cassim regained consciousness. He was just fine.

Back to index


Chapter 3: The Cure

It was the fourteenth day of their journey! The gang finally reached the place of the cure. They got it, and Genie started to get it ready. Just he was about to pour it into Aladdin's mouth something knocked it out of his hands, spilling the precious liquid all over the ground!

"What the..."

Mirage's laughter rang out. Cassim leaped to his feet and drew his sword.

"Show yourself, Mirage!"

Mirage appeared not very far away. Cassim glared at her.

"I will not allow you to succeed it curing the younger streetrat."

"We will succeed."

"Not as long as I'm here to stop you."

"What makes you think you'll able to stop us? You'll have your hands full with me!"

Cassim lunged at Mirage. She motioned with her hand, and Cassim tumbled to the ground. He leaped to his feet and charged. Mirage merely blasted his out of the way. No matter what she did he kept coming!

"This ends now, Cassim."

Mirage levitated up in the air. She caused Aladdin to levitate up in the air so he was equal with her. The gang could only watch in fear. Suddenly she sent a blast of magic towards Aladdin! It hit the teenage boy! Aladdin began to fall towards the ground!

Cassim dropped his sword and raced towards the place where Aladdin would hit. He leaped up towards him, caught him, and landed perfectly on his feet. Mirage began laughing evilly and disappeared.

Cassim put Aladdin down and felt his wrist. He then placed his head on Aladdin's chest. His face turned pale, and his dark brown eyes filled with tears.

"No. Aladdin. No!"

Instantly the gang knew that Aladdin was dead! They also began to to cry. Even Iago was crying. They watched as Cassim pulled Aladdin up to him and gently rubbed his face against Aladdin's face. They watched as Cassim kissed Aladdin's forehead and lay him back down on the ground.

Cassim got up, picked up his sword, and looked back at Aladdin's body.

"Mirage will pay for this. She will pay ever so dearly."

The gang attacked Mirage. Finally it was down to just Cassim. He chased Mirage up onto a platform. Below were large spikes. He moved to attack her.

Suddenly she changed it Aladdin!

"It's me, Dad." said Aladdin's voice.

Cassim hesitated for a moment. Then he shook his head.

"No. You killed my son!"

Cassim shoved Mirage off the platform! She landed on the spikes! Suddenly all the souls of the people she killed appeared and moved up towards the sky! As Cassim watched this Aladdin's soul appeared in front of him!

"Aladdin?"

"Hi, Dad. I'm coming home."

With that Aladdin's soul went back into his body! He sat up, alive and well! The gang went back to Agrabah. They decided not to tell anyone what happened. They knew that everyone would just think they were crazy.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=778