Growing Up by Cassim fan



Summary: Sequel to 'Trouble on the Tenth Year.' Anna is now fifteen. Many suitors come for her. Cassim still fills in the position in her life her father would have. Anna has already rejected many suitors! She seems to be more like Jasmine! One prince comes, and Cassim isn't quite sure about him. What could be so different about this prince that makes Cassim feels uneasy about him?
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Aladdin, Cassim, Jasmine, Original Characters, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark/Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Aladdin and Cassim Chapters
Published: 07/01/06
Updated: 07/03/06


Index

Chapter 1: Prince Jordan
Chapter 2: The Traitor
Chapter 3: Prince Troy
Chapter 4: The Pride of Love of a Grandfather
Chapter 5: Good-bye


Chapter 1: Prince Jordan

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, the gang, Rasoul, or Prince Achmed. Prince Jordan, Anna, Isabel, Aden, Prince Troy, and Cari are mine.


Prince Jordan came into the throne room with his father and their royal vizier. They bowed to Aladdin, Cassim, Isabel, Jasmine, and Anna.

"Your Majesty, I am Prince Jordan. I have come to seek Princess Anna's hand in marriage."

Aladdin looked at Cassim, who nodded slightly.

"Prince Jordan, follow my father outside. He will talk with you about that, for Princess Anna is his granddaughter. He has, in a way, taken over for her father."

Prince Jordan followed Cassim out into the menagerie.

"So, you have to seek my granddaughter's hand have you?"

"Yes, Your Highness."

Cassim was the Prince of Bali, upon having been married to Princess Diana of Bali, who had been killed keeping Isabel safe while she was pregnant with Anna.

"I've heard that hundreds of times."

Cassim's mouth turned up in a small smile.

"You have?"

"Yes. Now, tell me about yourself."

Meanwhile, in the throne room Aladdin, Jasmine, Isabel, and Anna were talking with Jordan's father and their royal vizier.

"I swear I've seen you before." Aladdin said.

"You might have. Years ago I can here as suitor to Princess..."

Jasmine glared at the man.

"Sultana Jasmine."

"You did?"

"Yes, and I was thrown out like all the rest. As I was going to the palace I was mocked by a lowly streetrat."

Aladdin's eyes widened.

"Aladdin, are you alright?" Jasmine asked.

"Prince Achmed!"

"Sultan Achmed now."

"If I were you I wouldn't call my father a lowly streetrat. Besides, he was merely stopping you from whipping two children."

"That was your father?"

Aladdin and Jasmine explained everything. Just as they finished Cassim and Jordan came back in. Anna went outside with Jordan. Cassim pulled Aladdin off to the side.

"I don't know if we can trust that Prince Jordan. There's something about him I don't like. It makes me feel a little uneasy."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't like Prince Jordan. There's something about him that makes me uneasy."

Back to index


Chapter 2: The Traitor

Author's Notes: I down't own Cassim, the gang, or Prince Achmed. The others are mine.


The next day Cassim was awaken by Anna yelling!

"Grandpa! Grandpa, wake up! Grandpa!"

Cassim sat up and rubbed his eyes sleepily just as Anna burst into his room.

"Anna, what is it? What's wrong?"

"It's Mom!"

"What about her?"

"She's dead!"

Sleep vanished from Cassim's eyes. He leaped out of bed, throwing the covers on the floor as he did, and dashed out of the room. He raced down the hall to Isabel's room. He burst in to the room and came to an abrupt halt. He stared in horror at the sight before his eyes.

The funriture was over turned, and Isabel lay on the floor with a dagger in her chest! Cassim rushed over and dropped to his knees beside her.

"No."

He jerked the dagger from his daughter's chest, set it off to the side, and cradled the upper part of Isabel's body in his arms. He gently rubbed his face against hers, kissed her forehead, and gently lay her back down on the floor. Just then the others came running.

"What's going on? What was all the shouting about."

Cassim picked Isabel up in his arms and faced them. They all gasped in shock and horror.

"Aden, take her out to the throne room. Genie. Iago. Gather everyone in the palace in the throne room."

They did as they were told. Cassim picked up the dagger and went into the throne room. Before long everyone in the palace was in the throne room. Cassim explained why he had them all there. He lifted the dagger so they all could see it. Achmed gasped aloud.

"Sultan Achmed, do you know something about this dagger?"

"Yes I do. It's Jordan's dagger."

Everyone looked at Jordan.

"What! No it's not!"

Achmed grabbed his son's arm roughly.

"Don't you lie about it, boy!"

"It's not mine, I swear!"

Cassim came over, grabbed Jordan by the neck, and slammed him up against the wall, lifting him off his feet! Everyone gasped.

"You listen here, boy! Is this or is this not your dagger? Don't you dare lie to me! I found my only daughter laying on the floor of her room with *this* in her chest, dead!"

"Okay, it is my dagger, but I didn't kill her."

Cassim tightened his grip on the young prince's neck!

"You're lying. I can tell by looking into your eyes. Tell the truth! Did you or did you not kill my daughter?"

"No."

Cassim tightened his grip a little more. He pulled the boy closer so their faces were only a few inches apart.

"Do you know what it's like to be soffacated?" Cassim asked in a low voice so only Jordan heard him.

"No."

"Well, if you don't tell the truth you will! I can easily crush your windpipe, causing you to soffacate. Is that what you want? Do you want to die a slow, painful death?"

"No."

"Tell the truth and die a quick death by beheading. If I were you I'd tell the truth. If you tell the truth you will get a quick and painless death. Lie again and get the opposite."

Cassim slammed the young prince against the wall again!

"I will ask you one more time. Did you or did you not kill my daughter?"

Jordan was silent for a moment.

"Well?"

"Yes."

Everyone gasped again. Achmed's jaw dropped. Cassim put Jordan down.

"Rasoul, take him away, and have the executioner's block made ready. Prince Jordan shall be beheaded at sunset for the murder of Princess Isabel of Bali, my daughter."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Later that afternoon Cassim went into Jordan's cell. Jordan stood up quickly.

"Why did you kill her?"

To Jordan's surprise there was no anger or hatred in Cassim's voice as there had been that morning. There was only sorrow and confusion.

"Huh?"

"Why did you kill my daughter?"

"Because my real father was killed years ago by the sorcerer Mozenrath for failing to kill her. I took revenge and finished what my father did not."

Cassim's jaw dropped in disbelief. The anger and hatred returned to his voice.

"Your real father killed my second wife, Princess Diana of Bali!"

Back to index


Chapter 3: Prince Troy

Days after Prince Jordan was beheaded another young prince came to Agrabah. His name was Prince Troy. He was a tall, handsome prince. When Cassim came back in from talking with him he suggested that Anna go out to talk with him.

About an hour later they came back hand in hand! That night they were out for a late night ride. When they came back Anna went to her room humming a love song! Cassim went to her room and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Cassim opened the door and entered the room. Anna was sitting in front of her vanity, brushing her hair and still humming. She saw his reflection in the mirror. She got up and faced him.

"Are you alright?"

She twirled over to him.

"Why wouldn't I be. I just had the most wonderful time. I am so happy."

"Would you mind telling me what happened?"

"Not at all."

Anna told Cassim what happened. When she came up to a certain part she stopped for a moment.

"Anna, why did you stop?"

She looked at him with a big smile on her face.

"You knw what he did next?"

"No. What did he do?"

"He asked me to marry him."

Cassim's jaw dropped. Anna laughed at the sight.

"Grandpa, you always tell me to never let my mouth hang open."

She reached over and closed his mouth. He shook his head and stared at her.

"What did you just say?"

"He asked me to marry him."

"What did you say?"

"I said yes!"

Cassim's eyes widened, and his gorgeous smile slowly crept arcoss his face. He looked at her.

"That's great!"

The next day Aladdin announced it to all of Agrabah and Bali. That night was the party. Anna was in her room. Cassim was in there too. She would come out wearing a dress, and he would tell her in he liked it or not.

"How about this one?"

She was wearing a pink dress. Cassim smiled and nodded. Then she was trying to decide what to do with her hair. Finally she sighed and groaned.

"I can never do anything with it!"

Cassim took the brush from her and began to brush her hair. Once it was free of all tangles he braided it.

"How did you do that?"

"Practice, with your mother."

"Wow."

Anna stood up and faced him. He smiled at her and offered her his arm.

"Ready?"

"Yep."

She took his arm, and they went downstairs. A little while later Cassim watched Troy and Anna dance. After a few moments he walked over to them and tapped Troy on the shoulder.

"My I cut in?"

Troy stepped back, and Cassim took Anna's hand. He slipped his other arm around her slim waist. Before long the two were gracefully dancing. Anna nervously looked down at her feet. Cassim leaned in a little closer.

"You're doing fine, honey."

Anna smiled up at him.

Back to index


Chapter 4: The Pride of Love of a Grandfather

Five years later Cassim was helping Anna get ready for the wedding. As she fixed her dress he brushed her hair. Finally her dress was right. Cassim helped her with her veil. After that she stood up.

"Well, I guess I'm ready."

"Wait a minute. There's still something missing."

Cassim thought for a moment. Then he snapped his fingers.

"I know!"

He rached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. He lifted the lid to reveal a beautiful diamond necklace. he took it out of the box and put it on Anna.

"There."

She twirled around a few times for him to see.

"You look great."

The wedding was wonderful. Anna hugged her family and friends. She turned to Cassim last. He was smiling proudly and lovingly. They hugged for a moment. Then Anna noticed that tears were filling his eyes.

"Grandpa, what's wrong?"

"You look just like your mother. I just remembered that that's the very same necklace she wore at her wedding."

"It is?"

"Yes."

A few tears began to trickle down his face.

"What's wrong?"

"This may be the last time I see you. I'm getting old. You'll be going to Troy's kingdom right after the honeymoon instead of coming back here."

"I'll come back and visit."

"Yes, but I may not be here when you do."

"Grandpa, don't talk that way. You're strong."

"I *was* strong. I'm not young anymore. I'm not as strong as I used to be."

"Grandpa, you'll be here for years to come."

Neither one of them noticed that the others had left so they could say good-bye alone.

"We don't know that for sure. Anna, I'm getting old. I just have a feeling that I won't be here when you come to visit."

"Grandpa, please don't say things like that."

"Sweetheart, we can't deny that I'm growing old. We can't deny that my life is coming to an end. Lets not think about that now. We need to say good-bye before you leave."

Anna stepped forward and threw her arms around her grandfather.

"I love you, Grandpa."

The tears were now flowing down Cassim's face and getting lost in his beard.

"I love you too, Anna."

Anna hugged him tightly. Finally Troy came back.

"Ready to go, Anna?"

"I'll be right there."

They pulled apart. Cassim kissed his granddaughter's cheek. As usual, she giggled at the tickling feeling of his beard. She kissed him back. She hugged him one more time and left with Troy.

Back to index


Chapter 5: Good-bye

A few months later Anna and Troy came for a visit. The gang rushed out to greet them. Anna noticed that Cassim wasn't with them. After they had all hugged her she spoke up.

"Where's Grandpa?"

"Close your eyes and don't open them until I say." Aladdin said, taking her by the hand.

Aladdin led her somewhere. Then he stopped and let go of her hand.

"Okay."

Anna opened her eyes and gasped. A few feet in front of her was the headstone of a new grave. Carved on the headstone were the words ~Here lays Prince Cassim of Bali. A loving father, husband, father-in-law, and grandfather.~

Anna looked at her uncle.

"He died of a heart attack about a week ago. He last words were 'Tell Anna that I love her, and I'm very proud of her.'"

"He was right. That was the last time I'd see him."

Anna mourned the loss of her beloved grandfather.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=782