Roar of the Lion by Cassim fan



Summary: Takes place one year after "Aladdin and the King of Thieves." Cassim was forgiven and now lives in the palace. He has joined that gang on their adventures and fought their enemies with them. A few times Cassim saved Aladdin from Mirage. Now she wants revenge on him! One night she captured him when he's sleeping. Cassim got a rude awakening! Can the gang find Cassim and help him?
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Abu, Aladdin, Carpet, Cassim, Genie, Iago, Jasmine, Mirage, Mozenrath, Other, Rasoul, Sultan
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Roar of the Lion Chapters
Published: 07/03/06
Updated: 07/03/06


Index

Chapter 1: The Transformation
Chapter 2: The Fight
Chapter 3: The Final Test
Chapter 4: Journey to Agrabah


Chapter 1: The Transformation

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, the gang, the guards, the sultan, Mozenrath, or Mirage. They belong to Disney. Suki is mine.


Cassim stood with his fists cocked, muscles tense, and was ready to fight. His muscular figure showed he was as strong as two champion fighters! He glared at Mirage.

"Now, Cassim, you shall get an demonstration of my power."

Suddenly Cassim felt an odd sensation running through his entire body. The next moment he found himself standing on all fours! Mirage made a large mirror appear in front of him, letting him see his image. Cassim let out a yell.

Mirage had transformed him into a lion! He glared up at her.

"Change me back!"

"Not yet. You must prove to be as good as any real lion before I change you back."

"What must I do?"

Mirage told him all the things he must do.

"And just for fun, see if you can fight Mozenrath in this body. You have four days. If you fail you will die."

Mirage made Cassim appear on a cliff. Cassim moved around for a while, practicing every pace, jumping, and climbing until he was used to his new body. He went over to a pool of water and studied his reflection.

He was larger than most lions, very muscular, his mane was ebony black except for a few gray streaks, his eyes dark brown, and his fur deeply tanned. Suddenly he heard a noise behind and whirled around to see a young lioness.

"Hey, lion!"

"Who? Me?"

"Yes you. You're in my territory."

"Oh. I didn't know."

"Yeah. Yeah. That's what they all say."

The lioness extended her front and back claws and lunged at him! Cassim easily leaped out of the way, upon being accustomed to his new body and had mastered how to use it. He extended his front claws and drew to his full height, towering over the young lioness.

"Whoa. You're the biggest lion I have ever seen!"

"I'm different than other lions."

"I can tell. So, what's your name?"

"Cassim. You?"

"Suki. Your name is kinda strange. Isn't that a human name?"

"Long story. I'd rather not talk about it."

"What are you doing out here by yourself?"

"Like I said long story. I need to learn how to hunt."

"I can teach you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Come on. Follow me."

Cassim followed Suki to an oasis where no humans were. There Suki taught him how to hunt. By the time the day was over Cassim still wasn't very good.

"The sun is going down."

"Looks like I'm stuck here for the night."

The next morning Cassim awoke early. He saw Suki trotting back with an antalope."

"Dig in."

"No thank you. I have to get going. There's something I have to do."

"Okay. I'll see you around."

"If you don't see me look for a man about six feet and four inches tall, ebony black hair down to his shoulders with a few gray streaks, a dark gray beard, deeply tanned skin, dark brown eyes, muscular, most likely wearing a black shirt with blue sleeves, black pants, gray pointed boots, a navy blue cape with a hood and veil, and a dark red sash."

"How do you know all that?"

Cassim hesitated.

"Lets just say that I know him very well, in a way."

"Okay."

Cassim took off running. He slowed down to a walk when he crossed into the Land of the Black Sand. He hide in the shadows to avoid being seen by mamluks, Mozenrath's undead servants. He crept into Mozenrath's castle and made his way to the throne room.

Back to index


Chapter 2: The Fight

Cassim burst into the throne room, startling Mozenrath.

"A lion?!"

"Hello, Mozenrath."

That deep, rich, handsome voice made Mozenrath give a start.

"Cassim?"

"Yep."

"What happened to you?"

"Long story. Lets just say Mirage has given me a test."

"What does that have to do with you bursting in here?"

"She wants me to fight you in this form."

"This will be fun."

Suddenly Aladdin and the others came in on Carpet.

"Mozenrath, what have you done with my father?!"

The look from Cassim told Mozenrath not reveal the truth.

"I didn't do anything to him."

"What in the world is a lion doing in your throne room?"

"He was sent by Mirage to fight me. You might as well watch. Perhaps I know something about your father."

Carpet flew down and let his passangers off.

"Bring it on, lion."

Cassim extended his from claws, the back of his mane bristled, he glared at Mozenrath, bared his teeth, and growled. He lunged without warning and caught Mozenrath by surprise. The sorcerer blasted him off.

Cassim regained his balance and lunged again. Then he began to run around Mozenrath. He darted in and out of range. He was toying with the young wizard. Then Mozenrath hit him with a blast of magic.

Cassim flew backwards and hit the wall with a THUD! He got up and shook his head. He glared at Mozenrath and growled again. Then Mozenrath fired at the gang!

Cassim leaped in-between his friends and the blast! The blast hit him and knocked him to the floor. He got to his feet and shook his dazed head to clear his mind.

"Who are you?"

Cassim automatically looked at Aladdin. He turned and ran out of the Land of the Black Sand.

"What do you know about my father?"

"I just fought your father."

"You fought a lion."

"That lion *is* your father."

"What did you do to him?!"

"It was Mirage, not me."

The gang got on Carpet and flew after Cassim, who had met up with Suki.

"Dad!"

Cassim stopped walking.

"Dad, wait!"

"Oh no."

Carpet stopped and Aladdin got off. He walked as close to Cassim as he dared because of Suki, who had backed away.

"Dad?"

Cassim flinched.

"Dad, I know it's you. Mozenrath told us."

Cassim sighed and turned to his son.

"What did Mirage do to you?"

"She turned me into a lion. If I don't accomplish what she has told me in three more days, I'll..."

Cassim paused and gulped.

"...die."

Suki and the gang gasped.

"We'll help you."

"No. I cannot have help from you guys."

Suki came a little closer.

"What is going on, Cassim?"

"Aladdin, this is my new friend, Suki. Suki this is Aladdin, my..."

"Your what?"

Cassim gulped again.

"My son."

"Your what?!" Suki cried.

"I told you it was a long story."

Cassim explained everything.

"So that's why you told me about the man."

"Yeah."

Back to index


Chapter 3: The Final Test

It was the third day of his time. Cassim was at Mirage's home. One of her large fire cats was standing beside her.

"For your final test, Cassim, you must fight againt my cat and win. I will turn it into a lion so it can die."

Mirage turned the cat into a lion. She levitated up in the air a little ways.

"Fight!"

Cassim extended his front claws, glared at the cat, bared his teeth, and growled. The cat lunged without warning and tackled Cassim! Cassim kicked it in the stomach. It was flying over his head. He leaped to his feet and attacked.

Before long the two were rolling around, wrestling. The cat slashed Cassim's left shoulder! Cassim roared with pain and slammed his large paw against the cat's head. The cat fell off him, and he leaped to his feet and attacked once more.

Mirage watched them fight, impressed by how well Cassim was doing.

{He's better than I thought. He has mastered using his new body in everyway.}

Cassim pinned the cat to the ground. The cat slashed at his face. Cassim leaned his back a little, and the cat missed. He slashed the cat's shoulder. The cat kicked him off and attacked. Cassim dodged the attack.

The cat whirled around and tackled him. He drove for Cassim's neck. He couldn't get to Cassim's neck since it was protected by his long, thick mane. Cassim slashed the cat's cheek.

The cat snarled in pain and got off him. Cassim leaped to his feet and attacked once again. The cat ducked down and bit his left front leg! Cassim roared in pain and struck the cat on the head.

The cat regained its balance and hit Cassim in the right side of the face with its paw. Finally Cassim had enough.

"I've had enough of this!"

With a fierce roar he pinned the cat and drove for the throat. His teeth sank into its throat, and he crushed its windpipe! The cat died from lack of air.

A light surrounded Cassim. There was a bright flash, and he was back in his own body again! His left shoulder was bleeding, his left arm was bleeding, his left leg was broken, the right side of his face was bruised badly, and his right leg was bleeding!

Mirage made him appear in the desert. He was still miles away from Agrabah!

"You must reach Agrabah before dawn tomorrow if you are to live." she told him.

With that she vanished.

Back to index


Chapter 4: Journey to Agrabah

Cassim set off towards Agrabah. He was limping painfully. Every step he took was agony! He walked for hours! Suddenly a lioness leaped out in front of him!

"Suki!"

"What happened to you?!"

"Long story. I have to get to Agrabah before dawn tomorrow if I'm going to live. My left leg is broken."

"I'll get you there."

Suki walked over to him.

"Climb up on my back."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Cassim climbed onto her back.

"Hold onto my fur."

Cassim did as he was told. She took off at a trot.

"Which way?"

"Head north."

Suki trotted off towards the north. After a while Cassim spoke up.

"Suki, we have to hurry. There's still a ways to go yet. Dawn is only a few hours away."

"Hold on tight."

Cassim tightened his grip, and Suki burst into a run. After a while the domes of the palace came into veiw!

"We're almost there!"

"I see 'em."

The gates came into veiw. The shocked guards stared as Suki got closer with Cassim on her back. She skidded to a stop. Cassim got off her back. One guard rushed over.

"Cassim!"

"Thank goodness it's you, Rasoul."

"What happened to you?"

"Long story. My left leg is broken. I've got to get to the palace."

"We'll let the lioness take you in. None of us can leave our posts. If I could I'd help you."

"It's okay. I understand."

Cassim climbed up on Suki's back again.

"Fazal and Hakim are guarding the palace gates tonight."

"Thanks for the heads up."

Suki hurried into the city.

"Head for the palace, Suki."

"No problem."

Fazal and Hakim stared at the sight of a lioness running towards them with a person on her back! They pulled out their swords.

"Easy guys. It's okay. It's me."

"Cassim, what are you doing on the back of a lioness?"

"Long story. Just let us in. My left leg is broken. Suki is going to take me inside."

Suki trotted into the palace.

"Head for the throne room."

Cassim gave her directions to the throne room. Luckily the sultan and the gang were in there.

"Dad!"

"Cassim!"

"What are you doing on the back of a lioness?"

"Long story."

"What happened to you? You're covered in blood!"

"Like I just said, long story. My left leg is broken."

"Iago, get the royal physician."

"No. Lets not bother him yet. It can wait until tomorrow." Cassim said.

Aladdin came over and helped his father get to the table. Cassim sat down on a large pillow. He picked up an apple and began to eat it.

"Cassim, when was the last time you ate?" Jasmine asked.

"Three days ago."

Suki walked over to him.

"Thanks for all your help, Suki."

"No problem."

Cassim looked at the sultan.

"Sultan, could Suki stay here at the palace? That is if she wants to."

"Since she helped you, I see no reason why she can't stay."

The gang looked hopefully at Suki.

"What do you say? Will you stay, Suki?"

"Sure."

"Alright!"

Suddenly Mirage appeared.

"Well done, Cassim. With the help of your lioness friend you managed to make it back to the palace before dawn. You will keep your life,... for now."

She vanished before anyone could say a word. The next morning the royal physician took care of Cassim right away. A few months later the gang was out in the menagerie having a picnic.

Cassim was running around, playing with Suki and Rajah.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=784