Test of Friendship by Cassim fan



Summary: It has been four years since Cassim and Iago left Agrabah. They travel around getting jobs in the cities they stop at not far from the city they now live in. In one city a woman two years younger than Cassim asks them to help her save her brother. Something about her makes Iago a little nervous. It's something he can sense that Cassim can't. What is it about her that makes Iago nervous?
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Cassim, Iago, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Test of Friendship Chapters
Published: 07/11/06
Updated: 07/11/06


Index

Chapter 1: Rescue
Chapter 2: Startling Discovery
Chapter 3: Trapped
Chapter 4: Tricked


Chapter 1: Rescue

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim or Iago. They belong to Disney. Carina belongs to another fanfiction author. Heather and Sahid are mine.


Cassim and Heather rode side by side. Iago was perched on Cassim's right shoulder. They finally reached the home of the sorcerer that had captured Heather's twin brother, Sahid.

Heather led them to the dungeon. They looked around the corner and saw Sahid in the cell with the guard standing not far away.

"There are the keys."

Cassim and Iago looked to where Heather was pointing. The keys were hanging up above the guard's head.

"How are we going to get them?"

Cassim and Iago looked at each other and smiled.

"Heather, there's no need for you to worry. Just let us handle the guard. Once we have him you get the keys and free your brother."

"What are you going to do?"

"Ready, Iago?" Cassim asked, ignoring Heather's question.

"Yep."

"Go."

Iago flew out from hiding and squwaked. The guard looked over.

"Where the heck did you come from?"

"Awk! Where the heck did you come from?" Iago repeated just as he had done when he was with Jafar.

Meanwhile Cassim took out a bag of magic sand Genie had given him for plans like this. He took a handful and threw it onto himself. The next moment he looked like he had been dragged through sand and endured a sandstorm!

"Watch the master." he whispered to Heather.

He stumbled out of hiding with a loud gasp as though he was dying of thirst.

Iago and the guard looked at him.

"Awk! Master." Iago squwaked.

"Iago." Cassim said with a fake weakness.

He pretended to collapse. The guard rushed over to him.

"Sir, are you alright."

Cassim made his breathing seem shallow and weak. The guard took out his bag of water and let a few drips fall on Cassim's face.

Cassim opened his eyes slowly. He forced a few coughs that could easily pass as real coughs.

Meanwhile Heather was freeing her brother.

"Heather, what is going on? Who are they?"

"Long story, Sahid. They're helping me rescue you."

Seeing that Sahid was free, Cassim suddenly pinned the guard to the floor and put the blade of his Hand of Midas dagger, which, Aladdin had given back to him before he and Iago left, to the guard's throat.

"Be quiet and you may live to see the next day."

The guard didn't struggle. Cassim bound his wrists and gagged him. Then he put him in the cell and locked the door. He put the keys back.

"Lets get out of here."

Heather and Sahid insisted that Casim and Iago stay with them since it was already dark.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Startling Discovery

The next morning Cassim got a rude awakening! He awoke to find Heather laying next to him! With a yelp he leaped out of the bed.

Heather woke from his yell and looked at him. Iago woke up too.

"Can't a bird get some..."

He stopped when he saw Heather in the bed.

"Am I missing something?"

"We both are. What are you doing in the bed?"

"I was sleeping."

"I meant what were you doing in the bed with me?"

Heather got up and smiled a suductive smile. She advanced on Cassim, who backed up. Soon he found himself with his back against the wall. Heather was in front of him.

"What do you want?"

"What do you think?"

Cassim and Iago's eyes widened as they realized what she meant.

"You can't be serious."

"Oh but I am."

"I'm already married,... in a way."

"You will be mine, Cassim."

"I'll never be yours. My heart belongs to Carina, my son's mother. God rest her soul."

"So, she's dead?"

Cassim sighed sadly.

"Yes she is."

"You need to move on."

"I have moved on."

"Find another love."

"When I found that she was dead I vowed never to love again. I will keep that vow 'til the day I die! She was my one true love."

Heather moved closer to him.

"You must love again. You long for it. I can tell by looking into your eyes that you long for love."

"I may long for love, but not your love. Only Carina's love will satisfy me."

"You may come to find my love very satisfying."

"No."

Heather moved even closer. Now she was almost right up against him!

"You will be mine."

"I'll never..."

Cassim was cut off when she kissed him! He quickly shoved her away and made a break for the door. He rushed out of the room with Heather close behind.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Trapped

He bumped into Sahid, knocking him over.

"Watch where you're going, Cassim."

"Sorry. Your sister is after me."

"What are you talking about?"

The next moment Heather came up, grabbed Cassim, and kissed him again! Cassim shoved her away once more and scrambled to his feet.

"Heather, what are you doing? Why are you chasing him? Why did you kiss him?" Sahid asked as he restrained his sister.

Iago flew over to Cassim and landed on his right shoulder. Cassim wiped off his lips with his sleeve.

"I love him. I want him. He will be mine."

Cassim backed up again.

"Somebody help me."

"What is going on here?"

Cassim explained to Sahid what had happened. He told Sahid about what he had said to Heather.

"Heather, you can't force someone to be with you."

"Just watch me, Sahid."

She pulled away from her brother and lifted her hand. Suddenly Iago was lifted off Cassim's shoulder! He floated through the air over to Heather. She grabbed him by his neck and held him tightly.

"Iago! Let him go, Heather."

"I'll let him go if you agree to be mine."

"Cassim, don't do it just because of me."

Heather tightened her grip on Iago's neck, causing him to gasp for breath!

"Make your choice."

Cassim looked at his best friend as he tried to decide what to do.

{Forgive me, Carina.}

"Alright." he sighed.

Heather let go of Iago, who fell to the floor, coughing. Cassim went over and picked him up. Iago climbed up onto his shoulder and sort of laid there until he had regained his breath.

"You shouldn't have done that."

"I couldn't let her kill you. You're my best friend."

"I hate it when people use the friends of the people they're after to force them to do what they want."

"So do I."

Back to index


Chapter 4: Tricked

Heather put Iago in a large cage, big enough to put both Cassim and Sahid in it with room to spare! Sahid tried to stop her so she put him in there too!

"So, when shall the wedding be?"

"How about never."

Heather glared at him.

"I don't know! I don't care! I don't even know what I'm doing anymore!"

"How about next week?"

"I already said that I don't care! I don't want to go through with this."

"If you want your little feathered friend to live you have to."

Cassim sighed and buried his face in his hands.

"You pick when it is."

"Fine. Next week with be *our* wedding."

She pulled his hands down and kissed him. This time Cassim didn't shove her away. He knew that he couldn't if he didn't want Iago to get hurt. Then he noticed that the key to the cage was hanging around Heather's neck.

Mabey there was a way he could get out of this yet!

He pulled back from the kiss. He looked at Heather and smiled.

"What are you smiling about?"

"I just realized something."

"What's that."

"I realized that *you* are my one true love, not Carina." he said with love in his voice.

"What?!" Iago cried.

Cassim and Heather ignored him. Cassim took a step towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"I can't wait for our wedding next week."

"Neither can I."

Cassim leaned in closer and kissed her full on the lips! Heather moved into the kiss, not noticing that he was taking out his dagger.

Keeping the blade away from her body, Cassim moved his arms up farther. He put is right arm closer to her neck. In one motion he cut the string and grabbed the key. Quick as lightning he tossed the key to Sahid. He opened one eye and winked at Sahid and Iago.

Sahid silently opened the cage. He and Iago left the house without a sound and hid in the marketplace.

Cassim pulled back and dashed out of the house. Just as he made it into the marketplace he heard Herather yell his name in rage.

"Uh oh."

Suddenly a hand grabbed him and pulled back into the shadows of an alley! He looked over to see that it was Sahid.

He and Iago managed to escape the city and get back home. Sahid was able to convince Heather not to go after Cassim.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=793