Forever In Our Hearts (Sequel to Destiny of Two Souls) by Soohe



Summary: The final story in the three part series. Aladdin and Jasmine's love has survived through the nightmare, but one last test is in store. And this one will take them farther than they thought possible...
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Original Characters, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark/Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 07/11/06
Updated: 07/17/06


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Our Own Devices
Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Evil Never Dies
Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Stepping Into the Darkness
Chapter 5: Chapter 5: Something You Don’t Own
Chapter 6: Chapter 6: Conquer the World
Chapter 7: Chapter 7: Every Man’s Weakness
Chapter 8: Chapter 8: Enemies Become Allies
Chapter 9: Chapter 9: The Royal Stone of Fire
Chapter 10: Chapter 10: Nothing to Lose
Chapter 11: Chapter 11: What the Heart Desires
Chapter 12: Chapter 12: A Change in Sides
Chapter 13: Chapter 13: Deceit and Lies
Chapter 14: Chapter 14: One True Love
Chapter 15: Chapter 15: Shades of Grey
Chapter 16: Chapter 16: Paradise
Chapter 17: Chapter 17: Obscurity
Chapter 18: Chapter 18: What we want to See
Chapter 19: Chapter 19: It Isn't Love
Chapter 20: Chapter 20: Unreal
Chapter 21: Chapter 21: Two Can Play
Chapter 22: Chapter 22: Ceremony and Strange Circumstances
Chapter 23: Chapter 23: Unforgivable
Chapter 24: Chapter 24: Dreams
Chapter 25: Chapter 25: Games
Chapter 26: Chapter 26: Fighting Back


Chapter 1: Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Author's Notes: lol-and you thought it was over! okay so this will definitely be the last story in this series. And anyone who hasn't already read A Test of True Love and Destiny of Two Souls, i would read them before reading this story.


This story takes place where Destiny of Two Souls left off. And i might just add some familiar villians! lol


But thanks again for all of your reviews on my other two stories. It really has been great writing for you guys :)



oh yeah this is just the intro to what is to come, so no action yet, but trust me there will be!


anyways, enjoy!


Chapter One: A New Beginning


“Aladdin, you’re impossible!” Jasmine teased him, still laughing. Aladdin grinned playfully and took her hand.


“Awww…come on Jasmine, just think. You, me and nothing but a peaceful night together.” Aladdin smiled at her. Jasmine just grinned, knowing she couldn’t resist his boyish charm.


“Okay, fine. You win.” Jasmine said, giving him a quick kiss on the lips. “There’s nothing I’d rather do.”


Aladdin just smiled back at his love. It had been a blissful two weeks since the nightmare they had all endured and Jasmine was back to being herself again. The light that Aladdin had missed so dearly was back, as well as her spirit.


Aladdin and Jasmine both walked together across the palace gardens hand in hand. As they sat under the moonlit night they felt the memory of the last few days melt away into a dream. They looked toward the stars in the sky and thanked Allah that they were once more together.

Their love had endured everything that was ever thrown at it, and only continued to grow more stronger and deeper. There was truly nothing they couldn’t face now.


Little did they know destiny had one more test in store for them. One last test that would bring their love farther than it had ever gone before…



And the evil that they were to face was only stronger and more powerful than ever before...

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Our Own Devices

Author's Notes: Again Jasmine finds herself in a situation that she thought she thought was impossible...


Chapter Two: Our Own Devices


Jasmine rested her head against her pillow, her eyes heavy with sleep. A cool breeze blew in from her balcony window and a shiver ran up her arms. For almost two weeks her life had finally returned back to normal, all the nightmares of what had happened had faded from her memory until they no longer left her with fear. But that night something else was pulling at the back of her mind…like the feeling you get when you just know something bad is going to happen. She tried to push the feeling away, but it stayed in the back of her mind.


Finally she got up and decided that falling sleep would be impossible. She went out to her balcony and gazed up at the stars, lost in thought. Something she had always done since she was little.


“You’re as beautiful as ever,” a voice came from the darkness. Jasmine spun towards the voice, fear instantly clouding her mind.


Her eyes met an unwelcome familiar rival, but she knew it was impossible. She refused to believe it. How could he escape?


Jasmine kept her ground, refusing to let him stare her down.


“How did you escape?” she demanded, her eyes burning with a new fire. The man just gave her one of his devilish winks and his lips curved into a cold smile.


“You would be amazed at my powers princess,” was all he said. Jasmine could feel her heart skip a beat at the sound of his voice. It was more dangerous than she last remembered and it left her mind spinning.



“What do you want?” Jasmine knew he had come for a reason. The man just laughed easily.


“More than you could fathom.”


His voice was so unforgiving that Jasmine could feel it take away the warmth from her body, leaving her with coldness. She didn’t need to be reminded of what he was capable of.

He shifted his gaze ever so slightly, his eyes darkening in the moonlight, but still as intense as ever.


“I have something of yours,” his voice was playful and light. He was toying with her and her emotions.


“What are you talking about?!” she demanded, she was in no mood for his games. Still it was crazy, this couldn’t be happening again.


He tilted his head back in a casual movement, his expression ominous.


“The one person you cherish most. And to get him back it will take the ultimate price,” his voice hung in the air.


“Aladdin.” Jasmine said instantaneously. The man just smiled.



“Exactly.”




Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Evil Never Dies

Author's Notes: Thanks for the reviews guys!

and as always enjoy and the update will come soon :)


Chapter Three: Evil Never Dies


“Have you hurt him?” Jasmine demanded, her eyes now narrowed in anger.


Ruini leaned against the balcony wall and sneered at her.


“Not yet.”


Jasmine sighed in aggravation. Ruini was playing a game with her, to which only he knew the rules. She knew she had to play along in order to save Aladdin.


“And the ultimate price?” she asked.


Ruini turned towards her, his red eyes glowing with his power. He gave her a look that told her she shouldn’t fool around with him.

“Well I don’t have to tell you, do I?” Ruini said.


“Ruini-” Jasmine started when he cut her off.


“No princess, there’s no reasoning with me. You should know that by now,” his voice was cold, lacking sympathy or remorse.


Jasmine just stared at him in disbelief, wondering silently what lay ahead. This time her encounter with Ruini was different, he no longer wore the mask he had before of compassion. Now she could only see the bitterness in his heart and his thirst for revenge.


“Just let him go.” Jasmine pleaded. “I’ll do whatever you want, just free Aladdin.”


Her words interested Ruini and he leaned back casually as if considering her words.
He knew he couldn’t trust the princess completely, but he weighed his chances.



“You’re words simply astound me princess,” Ruini said sarcastically. He wore a look that told her she was in no position to negotiate with him. A moment later, however, he smiled sincerely.


“Have it your way.” He said and with a wave of his hand a portal appeared in front of them swirling with a black mist. Jasmine took a step back instinctively. Ruini laughed at her and waved his hand again, this time a figure fell out of the portal.



“Aladdin,” Jasmine shouted, running over to him. Ruini stopped her and sneered.


“Not so fast.” A moment later Aladdin gained consciousness and was just getting to his feet. Ruini grabbed the princess and shouted as they disappeared through the swirling mass.


“So long street rat.”


Aladdin ran after them but was met with nothing. Jasmine was gone…



Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Stepping Into the Darkness

Author's Notes: And Ruini has another plan up his sleeve...


Chapter Four: Stepping Into the Darkness


Ruini and Jasmine stepped through a portal and were met with the darkness of a room lit by torches. The light flickered off the walls, casting an eerie glow around the room.


Jasmine knew instantly where they were. Firenstan- Ruini’s kingdom. Its very darkness brought coldness to Jasmine. Everything about his castle reflected the very cruelness in Ruini’s heart.


Ruini seemed to have the opposite feelings as he walked into the room and he turned to her and smiled.


“You’ll get to love your new home.” He winked at her.


“I doubt it,” Jasmine replied still looking around. She knew she could never escape on her own, but she knew that by taking in her surroundings it might give her an advantage.


Ruini just led her down a hallway, pretending he hadn’t heard her. He stopped at a room and let her in. Jasmine saw that it was the same room she had stayed in while trapped here before.


Impatience was burning within her. She turned to Ruini, “Why do you really want me here?”

Ruini just gave her a quick smile. He went to touch her face when she pulled away disgusted. His annoyance quickly flashed across his face.


“You will join me. And together we will take over the seven deserts and eliminate anyone in our path.” His voice was dark, and more dangerous than Jasmine could imagine. His eyes were now looking at her with something other than desire. She could feel the darkness in his soul reaching for her- wanting to drag her down with him.


Jasmine scoffed at his comment. “Join you, I’d rather die first Ruini.” Her words seem to have no affect on him as he let out a cruel laugh.


“You will,” He grabbed her shoulder and brought her face close to his. Jasmine could feel the strength in her legs give away.


“I’ll make sure of it.”

Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 5: Something You Don’t Own

Chapter Five: Something You Don’t Own


“Let go of me,” Jasmine shouted at him. Ruini just brought her closer. She could feel his eyes burning through her, leaving her with only fear.


As he pressed his lips against hers she struggled to get free from his grasp. He put his hand around her and forced her against him, kissing her passionately. Jasmine wanted to scream, but he continued as if he could care less.


Finally he pulled away, his lips curling into a cold smile. Jasmine shoved him away, disgusted that he had pulled such a trick.


“I can’t believe you!” she shouted, unable to forget the forcefulness of his embrace.


Ruini laughed, his eyes dancing with fire. “Oh that was nothing Jasmine,” he lowered his stare, “Do you want to know what else I’m capable of?”


Jasmine returned his glare, anger now in her eyes. “You’re pathetic.”


Ruini sneered at her words. “Maybe I need to teach you princess. You don’t seem to understand that I’m the one in control here,” his voice was dead serious, all of his humor was gone.


“You can’t control how I feel Ruini. That’s something you don’t own,” Jasmine’s voice said clearly.


Ruini’s expression changed slightly, somehow becoming darker than before.


“I don’t care if I break your spirit Jasmine- you will not defy me. Mozenrath was more merciful.”


Jasmine could barely take in his words. They were emotionless- as if Ruini was really capable of following through with his threat.


“I’m not afraid of you,” she replied, her heart beating wildly in her chest.


Ruini just scoffed, his manner only becoming more and more conniving.


“You will be.”

Back to index


Chapter 6: Chapter 6: Conquer the World

Chapter Six: Conquer the World


“After all, my princess I do plan to leave where Mozenrath foolishly left off. The seven kingdoms will be mine, and I can’t have my own kingdom without a wife can I?”


Jasmine couldn’t believe this- first Mozenrath, now Ruini. Why did she have to attract such men? She pushed these thoughts away and sneered.


“I got away from you once before,” she replied, hoping that he knew she would fight to get away this time.


Ruini frowned, putting his finger to his temple. “Well that was a mistake, and I assure you it won’t happen again.”


Jasmine just scoffed, if anything Ruini was even more arrogant than Mozenrath- and ten times as dangerous.


“And what then- after you force me into a loveless marriage? Why don’t you find someone else to be your bride?!” She demanded. She wasn’t about to go through this a second time, powerful or not, he did not own her, and she would fight to have her way.


Ruini sighed as if bored with the whole conversation. His mouth drawn to a permanent scowl, which made his face sarcastic in comparison.


“Oh but think of the possibilities, won’t you? You will have everyone groveling at your feet and the world at your fingertips. If I were you I’d just enjoy the ride princess,” His voice had become playful, slightly teasing her.


“With you? You’ve got to be kidding.” Jasmine retorted.


Ruini fell back as if thoroughly hurt. His face was mocking as his eyes laughed silently.


“I never joke about such details, Jasmine. But I’m guessing you already knew that. So…I’m off to conquer the world. Don’t do anything you’ll regret while I’m away,” Ruini gave her one last reckless smirk as he disappeared through a dark portal.


Jasmine just shook her head after he left, wondering how she ever got into such a mess. Ruini was so unpredictable that it made her head spin.


Maybe she could outwit him. But Jasmine knew the risks; he was more powerful and more dangerous than before. She knew if he found out that he was playing him- he wouldn’t hesitate to make her pay in the worst way possible.


She sighed, thinking that it was her only hope of ever escaping this hell. If she ever wanted to see Aladdin again, she better think of some way to trick Ruini.



Back to index


Chapter 7: Chapter 7: Every Man’s Weakness

Chapter Seven: Every Man’s Weakness

Aladdin paced his room, unable to comprehend that Jasmine was gone from him-again. He had sworn to protect her and now she was in the hands of an evil sorcerer who wouldn’t hesitate before killing.


He sat down and sighed, putting his head in his hands, feeling helpless. Genie put a hand around him.


“Hey try to cheer up Al, it’s not over yet,” He said, trying to comfort Aladdin.


Aladdin groaned in disbelief. “But how on earth can we rescue Jas now? We don’t even know where to start looking?”


Genie’s eyes lit up suddenly. “Well this Ruini character-isn’t he an evil sorcerer? There should be something written about him somewhere, especially since he seems evil enough to be remembered.”


Aladdin got up, once again hopeful. “You’re right Genie. If we could find out his weakness-we may have a chance...”


Genie nodded in agreement. “We’d better start looking.”


And with that both of them hurried to Jafar’s secret lab, hoping that it would lead them to find a way to defeat Ruini once and for all.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jasmine sat down on the bed, her mind racing. There just had to be a way- every man had a weakness, she would just have to find Ruini’s. Jasmine sighed, it seemed impossible, after all Ruini was not only powerful, but he had nothing to lose. It was clear that he was used to getting his way, and he had the advantage here.


Jasmine let out a cry of frustration. She decided that nothing could be done while she just sat here. Jasmine got up and left her room, wondering down the endless hallways, searching for something. She didn’t know what it was- but her heart was urging her to find the answer.


Before long she came to a door, painted black and made of solid steel. She tried the handle and was amazed when it opened easily.


As she stepped through the portal, her heart suddenly stopped, as her eyes fell on what was in the room.


“Mozenrath?” she whispered.

Back to index


Chapter 8: Chapter 8: Enemies Become Allies

Chapter Eight: Enemies Become Allies


Mozenrath stood a few feet away, chained to the wall by impossible chains. His face was pale and beaten, and he had lost weight since she last seen him.


He just nodded at the princess’ arrival, wearing the same old grin.


“Princess,” he addressed her. But Jasmine could tell something was wrong. His voice was weak and strained, as if every word was taking something more from him.


As much as she hated him, she was overcome with something other than hatred for him at the moment. Seeing him like this was horrible she had to admit, even after the hell he put her through.


He no longer had the haughty, arrogant air about him, instead Jasmine could sense only weakness, and he looked well- almost human.


She wanted to just leave him there, turn back the way she came, but as she turned, something stopped her.


Even through her hatred, Jasmine knew this wasn’t right. Mozenrath did deserve it, but Jasmine wasn’t willing to just let him die like this. She knew she was crazy to help him after all that he had done to her, but her heart wouldn’t let her walk away.


She approached him carefully, still weary of his power. But as she looked into his eyes she could feel her heart breaking for him. The eyes she had seen so many times, filled with malice and the evil in his heart were gone, replaced with a man fighting for his life. Something in them captured Jasmine, and she knew that the even Mozenrath had to have a heart-somewhere in him. She sensed confusion in them; it was like even he didn’t know what years of tormenting others had done to his soul, or his heart.


The darkness was gone, and Jasmine could see only a lost man, who had lost everything. Her heart sank, she knew this was stupid. Mozenrath didn’t have a heart, he didn’t care who he hurt. But seeing him like this made her feel like even he didn’t know how the darkness had led him down a path of destruction.


She still hated him- that was never going to change. But for the first time Jasmine pitied him.


“I don’t need your help,” was all that he said. Jasmine knew he was lying.


“Mozenrath don’t lie, you’re going to die if something isn’t done.” Jasmine said sternly, still wondering why she would ever help him.


“You wouldn’t care,” his voice replied as he gave her a look that was slightly frightening.
It wasn’t filled with his usual cruelty, but a strange honesty. Jasmine knew she must be imagining it.


“That doesn’t mean I’m leaving you here to die.”


Mozenrath smiled. But unlike so many of his smiles that were used to bring fear into people’s heart, this one was different. It was sad.


“Just let me help you,” she replied.


Mozenrath turned and looked at her, his eyes shining with tears. And for the first time Jasmine wasn’t afraid.





Back to index


Chapter 9: Chapter 9: The Royal Stone of Fire

Chapter Nine: The Royal Stone of Fire


“I’ve got it!” Genie shouted, his eyes scanning over a specific line in one of Jafar’s ancient spell books.

Aladdin rushed over to him. “What is it?” his voice asked urgently, they had no time to waste.


Genie read:


The infamous sorcerer of Firenstan, Ruini is known around the seven deserts as the most dangerous and powerful of all the known sorcerers of his time. However, his powers are not flawless and the one way to capture him would be to obtain the Royal Stone of Fire~ this simple stone is able to trap his powers when used properly. However, many attempts by many sorcerers have failed to trap his powers. Every time the processor of the stone fails to trap the enemy’s powers-his powers in turn are transferred to Ruini. It is rumored that this is the way in which he obtained most of his powers.


Genie stopped reading.

“So we have to get this Royal Stone of Fire,” Aladdin said, his voice determined. Genie shook his head.


“Al, I hate to say this, but I’ve heard of this stone. It was so powerful that people thought no one should possess it. It was locked away and protected by various spells and enchantments. However, it was recently stolen, and no one has any clue to who has it now.”


Aladdin sighed in frustration.


“Now what do we do?!”


Genie lowered his head in defeat.


“I don’t know Al.” Genie said, unable to look meet his gaze.

Back to index


Chapter 10: Chapter 10: Nothing to Lose

Chapter Ten: Nothing to Lose


“Jasmine,” Mozenrath whispered, his voice growing weak. “There’s a stone- The Royal Stone of Fire and it can trap Ruini’s power-” Jasmine listened silently as he told her how to use it.


“But Ruini stole it from me, you’ll have to find a way to get it.”


Jasmine nodded and turned to leave. She gave Mozenrath one more reassuring smile and was surprised to find he returned it.

“Be careful,” was all he said.

Jasmine closed the door. “I will,” she replied.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



“What can we do?” Aladdin asked Genie. They knew that looking for the stone was impossible- it could be any where and time wasn’t on their side this time.


Genie paced the floor of the throne room for a few moments and then his eyes lit up with an idea.


“It’ll be risky, but I think I know what we can do to save Jasmine,” was all he said.


Aladdin nodded in agreement. “It’s all we have- let’s do it.”


Genie just sighed, knowing that if they failed Jasmine would be in trouble, but what did they have to lose?

Back to index


Chapter 11: Chapter 11: What the Heart Desires

Chapter Eleven: What the Heart Desires


Ruini appeared suddenly into Firenstan his mouth twisted with anger. Things weren’t going quite as he planned- and he was losing his patience.


He smiled however when Jasmine appeared a few seconds later into the room.


“Nice to see you again princess,” he said startling her slightly.


Jasmine looked at him, “Accomplish what you set out for?” she asked her eyes narrowed in annoyance.


“Not exactly but I will, you can bet your life on it,” Ruini replied. Jasmine stopped at his words, knowing that he truly meant that her life was his to gamble. She knew she had to convince Ruini that she was on his side in order to follow out her plan.


“I’m sure you will,” she replied, this time she grinned as if she knew that he would win eventually.

Ruini looked slightly taken back at her words, he certainly wasn’t expecting her to agree with him. He however took her comment as genuine and didn’t question it.



“I’m glad you’re beginning to see things my way,” he said, a malicious smile forming on his face. Jasmine returned it all the same.


“Besides,” she started as she approached him slowly, “It wouldn’t do any good to fight against you.”


Ruini smile grew and he leaned offhandedly against the wall.


“You’re right about that princess,” he replied, his eyes deepening. He was enjoying this new side of Jasmine.


She gave him one last smile before continuing. “And I have to admit one thing Ruini…” she let her voice tempt him.


Ruini raised his eyebrows, interested, his red eyes burning with fire.


“And what’s that?” he asked her.


Jasmine laughed coyly. “I’m quite flattered that you choose me to join you, after all you could have chosen anyone…”


Ruini now grinned with satisfaction, clearly enjoying this new game she was playing.


“Well I knew I had to have someone special,” his eyes rested on Jasmine as he continued.

“And you’re certainly different from any girl I’ve met before.” Jasmine looked surprised and smiled at him.


“How’s that?” she asked him curiously.


He flashed her one of his dangerous smiles. “Other girls would give in so easily, but you’re different. You have a spirit that has a specific spark to it- a fighter if I’ve ever seen one…”


His voice drifted off as he looked thoughtful. Jasmine stood in silence, unable to believe her ears. She let him continue however, as if she were hanging on his every word.


Ruini’s eyes had something like desire in them, a deep longing for something that he had never had before. After all he could have anyone- but Jasmine. That’s what intrigued him.


Ruini’s expression changed and his manner became informal, as if he were talking to a life long friend.


“I grew up having everything I wanted,” he confessed. “But when I saw you, I knew you would never be mine willingly and that was something that interested me.” He let out a low laugh.


“The heart always wants what it cannot possibly have,” he said. Jasmine looked at him, wondering what he really meant.


“But I guess that is changing,” he said giving her a significant glance.


He grinned darkly.


Back to index


Chapter 12: Chapter 12: A Change in Sides

Author's Notes: thanks for all the great feedback you guys! have i told you that you're awesome? lol

Thanks again :)


Chapter Twelve: A Change in Sides

“So…” Jasmine inquired as she kept her gaze on Ruini. “What do you plan to do after the seven deserts are yours?” She wore a face of innocence and her eyes were focused on him.
Ruini took her hand, looking at her. “Oh I don’t know, any ideas?”


Jasmine smiled and replied casually. “I’m sure you have some,” her voice playful.


Ruini was now following her every word as if he couldn’t get enough.


“Oh princess you’re teasing me,” he gave her a mischievous smile all the same.


Jasmine just went on, keeping her focus on him. “I wouldn’t Ruini, honestly.”


Ruini came close to her and she didn’t pull away this time. He grinned as he went to kiss her, closing his eyes.


Jasmine returned his kiss, and he was the first one to pull away. A smile played on his face and he looked surprised at the princess.


“Wonders never cease do they?” he said, his pleasure showing.


“No, they don’t,” Jasmine replied.


“Well I suppose I better prepare,” Ruini said, suddenly, his voice anxious.


Jasmine smiled and looked curious.


“For what?”


Ruini winked mysteriously at her.





Back to index


Chapter 13: Chapter 13: Deceit and Lies

Chapter Thirteen: Deceit and Lies


Jasmine paced her room, her mind running over and over the conversation she had with Ruini. He was planning something catastrophic she knew, but what?

Her heart was racing as her thoughts once again turned to Ruini. He was more than dangerous, and it scared her to think of what would happen if he ever found out her plans.
She shook her head, this was no time to give into fear, and she had to think of Aladdin- and getting back to him, no matter what it took.



“You look worried princess,” came a voice from the darkness. Jasmine was immediately alert- and forced herself to smile at Ruini’s sudden appearance.


“I’m just excited, how can I help but feel otherwise when I’m around you,” she said.


Ruini frowned, something was bothering him and his face showed his impatience was slowly running out.


“I was just curious,” he added, studying her closely as if to read her mind. “If that worthless street rat was really the one on your mind.” His voice was cool and his red eyes burned with a fire Jasmine knew meant that he wanted to make sure she wasn’t playing him for a fool.


Jasmine walked towards him, her voice serious as ever. “I’ve forgotten him, he’s just a memory. It’s time I moved on anyway.”


Ruini just laughed softly, but it sent shivers up Jasmine’s spine and she fought to hide them.


“Is that right?” he asked, daring her to lie to him.


“Of course it is,” Jasmine replied keeping her voice as steady as possible. She had a strong feeling that Ruini had discovered something he wasn’t telling her.


“Because you know,” Ruini took a step towards her, his lips curled into a sneer. “that the consequences of crossing me are more than I think you can afford to pay.”


His words stunned Jasmine, did he find out about her plan to help Mozenrath?

She decided to play dumb, pretending she had no idea what he meant by it.


“Ruini, honestly what-”


Ruini silenced her with a wave of his hand, anger flashing across his face.


“This.” He said and a moment an image appeared before them and Jasmine stopped breathing.


Aladdin and Genie were trapped in a cell. Ruini waved his hand again and the image disappeared as if it were never there.


“So,” Ruini said, his eyes darkened with rage, “Tell me now that you don’t care for him.”


His words stabbed Jasmine and she felt her eyes almost well up with tears, but she fought her sadness and forced herself to appear uncaring.


“What is your plan, what are you going to do to them?”


Ruini just smiled at her.


“Make sure that they never grace my presence again with their lies.”


Jasmine stood in shock, a numbness creeping over her senses as she refused to give in to her fear.


“But you don’t care, do you.”


And with his last words Ruini disappeared into the shadows, leaving Jasmine alone.

Back to index


Chapter 14: Chapter 14: One True Love

Chapter Fourteen: One True Love


Ruini walked into his dungeons, his mouth once again twisted with anger. Aladdin looked up at his entrance wearily, knowing the worst was yet to come.


The sorcerer strolled over to him, his lips curled into a cold smile.


“So you think that you could just waltz into my kingdom undetected, how stupid could you be. Nothing gets past me and bringing your Genie was another mistake,” his words echoed through the dungeons, leaving an unpleasant silence.


Ruini approached Aladdin and he sighed. “What Jasmine could ever see in you…”
He said thoughtfully.


Aladdin just glared up at him, his anger burning in his eyes. He knew better than to reply in fear of endangering Jasmine’s own life. He kept silent, but struggled from letting Ruini get to him.


“Now I could kill you…” Ruini said, but then his red eyes narrowed, “but I wonder what would truly make you suffer…”


Aladdin knew that it didn’t matter what Ruini did to him, as long as he didn’t hurt Jasmine…


Ruini’s eyes suddenly lit up. He came even closer to Aladdin, his voice low.


“But taking what you treasure most in this world will be much more entertaining.”


Aladdin struggled against the chains holding him. “Why you son of a-” he retorted angrily.


Ruini laughed carelessly at Aladdin’s attempt.


“But you see this time it will be more than just taking Jasmine from you,” Ruini’s lips drew into a lasting smile.


“Now what would you do if I drew her over to my side? It might take years, but I’ll make sure you live to see her turn from her one true love to the man she hates most. She’ll have no choice but to follow me.”


Aladdin almost laughed. “You don’t know Jasmine, do you? She would never give in to someone so pathetic.”

Ruini pointed his hand at Aladdin’s heart and smirked. A shock of his power hit Aladdin straight in the heart.


Aladdin gasped for air, his eyes watering slightly from the pain.


“Oh she will. You’d be surprised what people will sacrifice for the ones they love. Even if that means going to the ends of the earth to bring them back.”


Ruini turned to give Aladdin one last look before leaving.


“When I’m through, your dear princess won’t even be the girl you remember her to be. It’ll be fun watching her fall into darkness for the one she once truly loved.”


Aladdin watched him go, fear shining in his eyes.

Back to index


Chapter 15: Chapter 15: Shades of Grey

Chapter Fifteen: Shades of Grey


Jasmine sat on her bed unable to believe that now Aladdin and Genie were trapped at the hands of Ruini’s powers. She refused however to believe that it was over, there had to be a way to still defeat Ruini, no matter how powerful he seemed.


Every man had a weakness, what was Ruini’s?


“Oh princess I have a confession to make,” Ruini’s voice said from the shadows. Jasmine turned to face him, annoyed slightly that he kept showing up like that, without any warning.


“And what’s that?” Jasmine asked, unable to hide her anger at the man who gambled with people’s life as if it were nothing.


Ruini walked over to her his expression somber.


“That despite everything I’m still madly in love with you,” was all that he said. Jasmine turned away from him, unable to meet his gaze. Now that he had Aladdin there was no use pretending that she loved him.


“But now that the street rat is out of our way, there seems to be no reason for you to refuse me.”


Jasmine turned to face Ruini, unable to believe that he had actually killed Aladdin; he said he would, but Jasmine never imagined that he would go through with it.


Ruini just sneered at her shock. “Don’t seem too surprise princess, I’ve taken lives before, this time was no different.”


“You should have seen his face, how his eyes pleaded with me,” Ruini smirked. “How he begged me to just let you go. How heroic, but weak nonetheless. “


Tears were running down Jasmine’s face at Ruini’s words. She didn’t care anymore- if Aladdin was really gone nothing else mattered now. She felt a coldness enter her heart, an unbearable sense of loneliness that grew deeper with every second.


“How could you?” she asked him, her voice wavering. Her world had come crashing down and it was all because of one person. He took everything good from her and she knew he wasn’t done.


“Oh don’t cry,” Ruini said without emotion.


“Besides he was nothing. A princess such as yourself shouldn’t lower your standards to such unspeakable ideals. I can offer you more than you could ever imagine, and what did he offer you? A lifetime of pain?”


Ruini’s words pierced through Jasmine’s heart and she felt her strength crumbling away. But somehow she found the strength to speak.


“Love, that’s what I saw in him. A love that you will never come to understand Ruini.”


Ruini smirked unpleasantly. “Love? Don’t make me laugh Jasmine. You know as well as I do that in all reality he wasn’t even suitable for the likes of you.”


He came over to Jasmine putting a hand on her shoulder. “But I’m willing to take away such fears princess.”


Jasmine sneered at his words. “I don’t want anything to do with you Ruini. I’ll never stop hating you for what you did.”


Ruini just leaned against the wall, his expression thoughtful and serene.


“But you will princess, I know. You see I can tell when I look in your eyes, you’re curious to know what it’s like.”


Jasmine narrowed her eyes at him. “I’m not playing one of your games Ruini.”


Ruini just laughed softly. “Who’s playing games princess? I’m dead serious this time. And I know a lot more than you will ever know about the darkness in people’s souls.”


Jasmine stopped, what was he talking about?


“You see,” Ruini continued. “Every man has some darkness in his soul, no matter how good he is. You’re attracted to it princess, you can’t deny that fact.”


Jasmine scoffed, Ruini was truly unbelievable.

“Tell me that you don’t think of giving into it princess. Ever wonder what it’s like to just stop fighting it?”


Ruini now had her attention.


“You crave the excitement it brings, the rush. There’s a part of you that is curious to know…”


Ruini’s voice drifted off and Jasmine sat in silence, speechless.


“So look in your heart princess and I think you’ll discover what I mean.”

And with that he was gone. But his words stayed in Jasmine’s mind and she wondered if they had a seed of truth in them.


She could feel her heart beat faster as she thought of Ruini. What was he planning?

Could she really resist his powers, his darkness?




Back to index


Chapter 16: Chapter 16: Paradise

Chapter Sixteen: Paradise


Jasmine stood for a long time just staring at her own reflection, lost in her own thoughts. She kept thinking about the conversation she had with Ruini and knew he was trying to trick her in some way, but still felt a part of her wonder. Why did he even care?


She knew it was stupid, but a part of her WAS curious to know. What would it be like if she had just given in at the beginning? Aladdin would probably still be alive right now.


Jasmine pushed these thoughts away. But still she blamed herself for his death. After all if she had just said yes to Ruini none of this would have happened, instead her own stubbornness had gotten her further into this mess.


Now her father and love of her life were gone forever. She could feel her heart just want to break, to lose all hope that things could ever change. But she knew somehow she couldn’t just let Ruini’s darkness get the best of her.


A knock at the door sudden disturbed her. Jasmine went to answer it and was surprised to find Ruini, he wasn’t accustomed to knocking first.


“Princess I want to show you something,” he said, his eyes honest this time, without their usual darkness.


Jasmine sighed. What use would it be to refuse? She followed him down the hallways, not knowing what to expect.


Ruini soon came to a door and opened it, letting Jasmine enter before him. When Jasmine did, she couldn’t believe her eyes.


The room opened up into something from a fantasy. Huge elegant water fountains spread out in front of her, their waters sparkling with a golden glow while a stone path led around them to fields of endless flowers. A cool breeze even blew past her while she walked. Every detail was so real, and so astonishing that it took her breath away.


Ruini took her hand and led her down the stone path to a lake whose waters glimmered magically, changing colors, from ruby to azure and emerald. The smooth waters reflected the sky above, which when Jasmine looked up she could see a million stars shining above them, outlining an endless black night.


“It’s beautiful,” Jasmine replied despite herself. She looked at Ruini.


“But why?”


Ruini just smiled easily, and his eyes were soft this time, without a sign of cruelness or malice.


“Consider it a gift princess,” was all he said. He reached out his hand and magically created a single red rose from it, handing it to her. Jasmine took it, wondering what she was doing. It was beautiful, perfect in every way.
He smiled when she accepted it.


“I’m not so bad, once you get to know me,” Ruini said, his eyes searching Jasmine’s. Jasmine didn’t know what to say, so she kept her eyes down, staring at the rose he had given her.


“And I do love you Jasmine, more than you’ll ever know.” With that he kissed her lightly on the cheek. Jasmine was surprised at his kindness; this certainly wasn’t the Ruini she knew.


She touched her face where he had kissed her, wondering what it meant. Her heart was suddenly filled with confusion.


“Ruini, I don’t understand this. Why?” was all she could think to say.


Ruini smiled at her warmly. “I’ve never been in love princess, and I must say it’s something I never expected.” He looked away from her this time.


“Do you like it?” he asked, his voice curious.


Jasmine found it hard not to, it was like something from her dreams, a paradise.


“Ruini I…” Her voice drifted off and she was at a loss for words.


Ruini turned and faced her once again, his eyes gentle this time.


“You don’t have to say anything princess, I know,” and with that he left her.



Back to index


Chapter 17: Chapter 17: Obscurity

Chapter Seventeen: Obscurity

Jasmine sat on the side of a stone bench and looked out over the water’s shimmering waters, wondering what could have possibly possessed her to accept Ruini’s kindness.

She threw the rose into the water suddenly confused and angry. Nothing made sense to her anymore. This whole thing sent her mind into circles and she didn’t know what to do anymore, logic and reason seemed to be out the window, and she was left with only her thoughts.


Ruini wasn’t capable of kindness, was he? She shook her head. Of course he wasn’t, she had already seen his darker side and this change in him just HAD to be a trick.


But still. She let her eyes look around her, taking in the beauty of the place he had created.


“Consider it a gift,” Ruini’s voice had said.


Jasmine struggled with what to believe. It was impossible, but the more she stayed in this place, the more she felt herself getting lost within it.


Ruini watched unnoticed from a distance, carefully examining the princess’ expression. Her eyes were confused and he knew that she didn’t quite trust him yet.


His lips curled into a cruel smile as he turned from her, as his eyes darkened knowing that it was just a matter of time before she was his.



Back to index


Chapter 18: Chapter 18: What we want to See

Chapter Eighteen: What We Want to See


Aladdin was slowly losing his strength. His arms grew heavier with every second and he knew that his time was running out. His thoughts once again turned to Jasmine. He started to remember little things about her that he never did before. The way she smiled, so sweetly that it still brought a weakness to Aladdin’s heart, her thoughtful, loving gaze that he had so many times got lost in. But most of all the way she loved him, without question, for now and ever.


Aladdin sighed, wondering silently if he would ever see her again. He had to admit that despair was already in his heart, threatening to consume his last thoughts of hope.


“So sad street rat? Tell me what’s on your mind?” came a sarcastic voice. Aladdin looked up and met Ruini’s cold, unrelenting glare. He was smiling however, as if he knew something Aladdin didn’t.


“What do you want Ruini, you’ve already taken the only thing I ever cared for,” Aladdin replied, trying to keep his voice as strong as possible.


Ruini just laughed. “Oh you are so much fun, but I can’t wait until I show you something, it will be most exhilarating.” Aladdin just looked up at him, not knowing what he was talking about.


Ruini waved his hand and an image appeared before them through a swirling reflection of the past.


Aladdin sat in silence as the images unraveled before him. Jasmine walking with Ruini, Jasmine accepting a rose from Ruini, Ruini kissing her…


Ruini watched Aladdin carefully as the images slowly began to fade away.


“What do you think? It deserves at least a ten, don’t you think?” his voice was teasing as he continued.


“Oh well, you had what three years with her? Now only your memories can comfort you now,” Ruini smirked. “well maybe not. You see I’m the only one she has left, and well I tend to use that against her.”

Aladdin wanted to beat the crap out of the guy, but could only glare at him with anger shining in his eyes.


“She’ll see right through you Ruini and you know it!”


Ruini clicked his tongue impatiently.

“Oh no she won’t. She can’t resist the powers of darkness, but you don’t really know her do you?”


The sorcerer continued to smile as Aladdin struggled against his chains.


“Love is merely an illusion, and one that is easily fooled,” said Ruini, his eyes burning into Aladdin’s.


“Too bad Jasmine will be too far in before she realizes that she’s completely under my control. Oh well, she’ll make a great companion in my plan to take over the seven deserts, don’t you think?”


Aladdin scoffed. “I pity you Ruini, only a desperate man would trick a woman into falling in love with him, I didn’t know you were so low.”


Ruini’s face lit up at Aladdin’s words, as if he couldn’t be happier. He laughed dangerously.


“But don’t you see? Jasmine doesn’t even know that she’s falling, and the best part of my plan is just beginning.” Ruini lowered his voice to a whisper.


“Before long she’ll do anything for me.”

Back to index


Chapter 19: Chapter 19: It Isn't Love

Chapter Nineteen: It Isn’t Love


Jasmine looked silently at her reflection in the cool waters. She seemed to be staring at a stranger, someone that she didn’t know anymore.



Her eyes were darker than usual and filled with a deeper sadness. Loneliness opened up in front of her like a wave of uncertainty. She had no one now.


The reality of Aladdin’s death was starting to settle in, and she had never felt like she needed someone else to live, but now it felt as if all the happiness and meaning had left her, maybe forever.

“Something wrong?” a voice asked softly.


Jasmine looked up and met Ruini’s gaze, but she looked away painfully.


“I never thought I needed someone else to live, but now…” she confessed, no longer caring if Ruini knew what she felt in her heart anymore.


“Jasmine, you really don’t you know. I’ve seen you, you’ve always been independent, never wavering in determination,” Ruini lifted her chin so that she was looking at him.


“You’re stronger than you think.”


Jasmine’s eyes flickered with worry, she felt her heart quicken at his touch.


“Ruini why do you love me?” she asked suddenly.


Ruini smiled at her, his eyes compassionate.


“Jasmine you really don’t see it do you?” Ruini laughed. “I’ll tell you then. I first fell in love with your spirit, one that is fierce, yet gentle, strong, but loving. You’re more than beautiful too, always determined in everything you set your mind to and you never give up. At the same time, sweet, kind. It’s quite an interesting mixture, one I’m sure doesn’t come around more than once in a lifetime.”


Ruini’s words sent shivers up her spine, yet she couldn’t seem to get away from him.
He came closer to her, his eyes reaching for her.


“Why did you want to know?” he asked.


Jasmine just looked at him. “I…” her voice drifted off as she became lost in her own thoughts again.


Ruini bent closer to her and graced his lips across hers. When she didn’t pull away he kissed her again, this time with more passion. Jasmine could feel herself kissing him back, without knowing why. She felt like she was under a spell and couldn’t break from it.


As the kiss ended Ruini’s lips formed a smile as he stared at Jasmine, his eyes veiling his emotions. As he spoke his words were soft and sweet.


“Jasmine you don’t have to fight it anymore. Come to me.”







Back to index


Chapter 20: Chapter 20: Unreal

Chapter Twenty: Unreal


Jasmine suddenly pulled back as if she realized what she was doing.


“This is crazy,” she said backing away slightly from him. “I must be losing my mind.”


Ruini spoke from behind her, his voice calm and patient.


“People always say that they’re crazy when they fall in love.”


Jasmine shook her head. “I don’t love you Ruini, I don’t see how I ever could.”


Ruini just smiled again. “Jasmine tell me honestly that you feel nothing at all for me, despite what you know of my very nature. Tell me that you never give me a thought during the day when I’m not around you.” He spoke as if he had known her all her life.


Jasmine hesitated before replying, unsure of what she knew. “Only when I fear you, when the very thought of you fills me with terror.”


Ruini looked as if he didn’t believe her. “Admit it, princess. It’s just you and me now, no need for you to lie to me.”


Jasmine knew in her heart that she wasn’t being entirely truthful, and Ruini could see straight through her.

“This whole thing is impossible,” was all she said.


Ruini just smirked. “So it’s impossible, but don’t tell me that you don’t want to see what it’s like.”


Jasmine knew she couldn’t lie to Ruini.


“But what about Aladdin?” she asked herself out loud. Didn’t she still love him? Jasmine could feel everything around her blur with obscurity.


Ruini just smiled again.


“He’s gone, what more can be done?”


Jasmine knew that this was wrong, she knew she had to fight him. But his darkness was pulling at her, wanting her to just see what it would be like.


She felt her strength slipping away as time slipped by, slowly forgetting the reason why she was fighting all this.

Back to index


Chapter 21: Chapter 21: Two Can Play

Chapter Twenty-One: Two Can Play



Jasmine met Ruini in the dining hall and greeted him with a smile. Ruini returned it and brought her close for another kiss. She didn’t back away, but rather gave into it, putting her arm around his neck.


As he let go, Jasmine looked up at him, curiously.


“Ruini I think I’m falling for you,” she said, her eyes unsure.


Ruini just ran his hand through her hair, staring at her lovingly.


“And that’s a bad thing?” he asked her.


She looked away shyly for a moment before answering. “Well I never felt this way for a man before, it’s strange and exciting at the same time.”


“And the fun is just beginning,” Ruini replied.



Jasmine brought herself closer to him, her eyes teasing.


“What did you have in mind?”



Ruini’s lips curled into a smile.



“Oh come now, Jasmine. I don’t want to spoil the surprise.”

Back to index


Chapter 22: Chapter 22: Ceremony and Strange Circumstances

Chapter Twenty-Two: Ceremony and Strange Circumstances

Later that night….


Ruini made his way to the dungeons, humming to himself, clearly in high spirits. He unlocked to door and descended the stairs again to torment his prisoners.

“Aladdin how are you this evening?”


Aladdin just glared at him angrily, getting tired of his games.


“What do you want now Ruini?” he asked.


Ruini just clicked his tongue impatiently as his eyes narrowed.


“Oh don’t tell me that you aren’t happy to see me?” Ruini just looked down at him sneering as he continued.



“Because I’m thrilled to be here.”


Ruini circled around him.


“You see I have some exciting news street rat. Jasmine is falling for me faster than I had anticipated, which means that I will have to make the ceremony earlier than I had planned.”


“Ceremony?” Aladdin asked.


“Oh did I forget to tell you?” Ruini just sighed as if he couldn’t help himself.


“Yes, there will be a ceremony that will join Jasmine and I together, our souls will be bond as if we were destined to be together. After that she will have no way to break free from it.” Ruini stopped as if to let his words sink in.



He looked over at Aladdin, satisfaction glowing in his expression.


“She will technically be under my control by then. Ah…the benefits of being powerful are simply limitless, don’t you think?”


Aladdin was disgusted. This guy was worse than Mozenrath.


“Now,” Ruini continued as if he thought Aladdin were hanging on his every word.


“The best part is,” he lowered his voice slightly, “is she will be the one responsible for your death.”


Ruini smiled once again and turned to leave.


“Oh and one more thing. I’ve decided to give you a gift after all.” He waved his hand and a man appeared beside Aladdin, bond by chains.


“Have fun now.” Ruini said as he left them.


Aladdin turned in surprise, realizing who the man was.


“Mozenrath,” he whispered.

Back to index


Chapter 23: Chapter 23: Unforgivable

Chapter Twenty-Three: Unforgivable


Mozenrath threw him a smirk. “Aladdin.”


Aladdin looked taken back, Mozenrath never addressed him by his name, he usually referred to him as street rat and nothing more. But nonetheless, he knew he couldn’t trust Mozenrath.


“I thought you were on his side,” Aladdin said cruelly, pointing out the fact that both Mozenrath and Ruini were far from innocent, despite the fact that he noticed how weak Mozenrath was.


“Things change.” was all Mozenrath said weakly, like he was struggling to speak.



“People don’t,” Aladdin replied looking at him, suspicion in his eyes. Mozenrath laughed and replied.


“You’d be surprised Aladdin what dying could do to a man. Even make him realize what his life has become.”


“Why should I believe you,” Aladdin said giving Mozenrath a dirty look. “You’ve done nothing but use people to your advantage.”


Mozenrath didn’t seem to want to fight this time, he lowered his head slightly.


“I know what I’ve done is unforgivable, but I’ve changed, I don’t care if you don’t believe that.”


Aladdin shook his head, trying to understand what Mozenrath meant. He was nothing but a desperate man who would do anything to trick others into believing his lies, but still something nagged at Aladdin. Mozenrath was Ruini’s prisoner now, he had nothing to gain from any of this.


“What you did to Jasmine…” Aladdin started before Mozenrath interrupted him.


“Is unforgivable? I know.” Mozenrath was lost in his own thoughts for a moment. “I never loved anyone, I should have known she would never love me,” Mozenrath sighed.


“So you just forced her to be with you is that it?” Aladdin accused.


Mozenrath just looked at him. “You’ll never understand it. To never have that kind of love, to grow up without knowing that someone cared for you.”


He took a deep breath. “I know it was wrong, I would take it back if I could Aladdin.”

Aladdin looked at him, trying to decide if his words have any true meaning behind them. When he saw the sadness in Mozenrath’s eyes, as if nothing else mattered in the world, he knew. This was not the same man he had fought so many times before.


“Well, do you have any ideas on how to get out of here?” he finally asked, giving Mozenrath a small smile.


Mozenrath returned it. “Maybe one,” he said.

Back to index


Chapter 24: Chapter 24: Dreams

Chapter Twenty-Four: Dreams


“Jasmine,” Aladdin voice came to her softly. Jasmine opened her eyes and met Aladdin’s gaze.


“Aladdin, how is this possible,” she knew she had to be dreaming, but she let herself believe that it was real.


“Don’t forget about us,” was all he said.


Jasmine could feel warm tears trickle down her face.


“Never Aladdin, oh I miss you so much.”


Aladdin just smiled and kissed her on the forehead.


“I love you,” he whispered.


Jasmine took his hand. “I love you too,” she replied.


His image was fading before her. “Aladdin don’t leave me,” Jasmine said worried.


“You have to wake up now,” he said as his face disappeared into nothing.


Jasmine woke up with a start. Her dream had seemed so real, she almost could feel Aladdin’s presence with her.


“Aladdin, where are you?” she thought. Her heart wanted to believe he was still alive, but her mind told her that it was impossible.


She knew that he would be the only one she would ever love, and even though he was gone from her she couldn’t let his memory die. He had given her so much, and the time she knew him seemed like a dream, only to fade away before her eyes. What more could she do, he was gone and would never return?


Jasmine sighed, knowing that in her heart that her love would only truly belong to him and no one else. No matter who came into her life, Aladdin would be her only true love and she would never forget that.


There was nothing comparable to true love, she knew. Everything else in the world was pale in comparison and Jasmine knew that even though he was gone, her love for him was even stronger than ever.


She closed her eyes and found a picture of her true love deep in her heart and swore that it would never disappear again.

Back to index


Chapter 25: Chapter 25: Games

Author's Notes: well finally Jasmine gives Ruini a piece of her mind, i know it took long enough! but considering what she's been through.

anyways thanks for all the great reviews- keep it up!


Chapter Twenty-Five: Games


Jasmine felt like her dream had given her a fresh outlook, and for the first time in a long time she felt alive, and ready for anything.


She was through crying and weakness; she knew what she had to do. As she left her room, she searched every where for Ruini and finally found him in the room he had shown her and given her the red rose.


He was walking along the lake when she approached him.


“It’s nice to see you this morning Jasmine,” he said looking up. Jasmine cut to the chase.



“Ruini, look I have to tell you something,” she said, an urgency in her voice.


Ruini looked at her thoughtfully, his red eyes shimmering.


“And what would that be?”


Jasmine took a deep breath. “Ruini I still love Aladdin, and that will never change. He’s the only one I have ever loved, and will ever love, no matter what happens.”


She finished and was slightly surprised to see Ruini smiling at her.


“Is that true? Well I must say you have a funny way of showing your love for him.”


Ruini’s words hit a nerve and anger suddenly flashed across Jasmine’s face.


“Look this is wrong, and you knew that. You took advantage of me after Aladdin died and used me. I’m not going to drown myself in self pity for what I’ve done.”


Ruini just laughed and shook his head as if he couldn’t believe what he was hearing.


“You really are unbelievable, you know,” he narrowed his eyes, crossing his arms in front of him.


“But if you think that this changes anything you’re wrong. I still intend to make you mine, whether you agree to it or not.”


Jasmine sighed angrily, her hands balled in a fist at her side.


“You think it’s right to make someone be with you, against their will?”


Ruini chuckled softly and blinked as if his ears were deceiving him.


“It’s really interesting princess that you think I care what is right or wrong. I could care less what morals you happen to live by, here I have my own rules.”


He gave her a dangerous look, the amusement gone from his eyes.


“So I suggest that you learn how to play the game my way.”


Jasmine smirked. “This isn’t a game Ruini, you can’t gamble with people’s lives.”


Ruini just shrugged his shoulders and sighed as if thoroughly bored.


“I wouldn’t be so sure princess.”

Back to index


Chapter 26: Chapter 26: Fighting Back

Author's Notes: And it's the last chapter!

thanks for hanging in there for the whole story!



Chapter Twenty-Six: Fighting Back


“If you think that you can just…” Jasmine started when she was interrupted.



“Ruini aren’t you tired of making others suffer?” Jasmine and Ruini turned suddenly towards the voice.


“I mean honestly, you should try doing something more useful with your time.”


Ruini smirked as if he wasn’t surprised by the sudden arrival.


“Why Mozenrath you sure don’t disappoint me, and I thought I had taken the last of your powers.”


Jasmine turned and met Mozenrath’s gaze, and was actually grateful this time by his interruption, knowing that he wasn’t on Ruini’s side anymore.



“Yeah, Ruini you should try picking up a new hobby or something, more suitable for malevolent villains like yourself,” came a second voice.


Jasmine stopped breathing, wondering if she was imagining things. Aladdin? It couldn’t be, yet her heart raced and was lifted with hope.


Aladdin smiled at her, love in his eyes. He turned his attention to Ruini.



“You’ve lost Ruini,” he said looking straight at the sorcerer.


Ruini just laughed coldly. “I don’t think so Aladdin.”


Ruini took back his hand and aimed it at them, but when he released his power something strange happened.


A second later Ruini doubled over, gasping for breath. The shockwave had rebounded and hit him instead of Aladdin. Ruini looked up at them, his eyes raging with fire.


“This isn’t over!” he shouted as he pulled his robe around him and vanished without a second look.


Aladdin and Jasmine were stunned, how was it possible?


“His powers are no match against true love,” Mozenrath explained. Jasmine and Aladdin looked at him, surprised to hear him talk about the power of love.


He smiled slightly. “Even magic can’t compare to the true power of love.”


Jasmine smiled and smirked at Mozenrath playfully.


“I thought love was weak, you’re saying you believe in it now?”


Mozenrath just winked.


“You didn’t hear that from me.”



Jasmine was still slightly confused.


“But your powers, they returned after Ruini stole them from you?”


Mozenrath just looked at her, his eyes shining with truth.


“When I used them for good, even Ruini couldn’t control them, amazingly magic has rules of its own. Ruini’s own powers were stolen from other sorcerers, the only true way to get them back is to find a selfless way to use them.”


Aladdin just smiled as he understood.


“So what happens now?”


Jasmine turned to him and put her head against his shoulder.


“Let’s go home.”


“I couldn’t agree more,” was all Aladdin said as he brought her closer to him.


They turned to leave when Aladdin turned back and looked at Mozenrath.



“You coming?”


Mozenrath just smiled as he followed them back to Agrabah, he knew that his life would be different this time around. He felt in his heart that something had truly changed and the dark life he had lived before was now just a memory.


Aladdin kissed Jasmine deeply, all fear gone from his heart. Jasmine had come back to him and now they were together.

~~~~~The End~~~~




I hope you enjoyed it :)

Thanks again for reading. Oh and i'm thinking of doing something totally different, i would use the same characters but the story would be in present times (year 2006) tell me what you think!

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=794