Recollections of Our Past by Soohe



Summary: What if the adventures of Aladdin took place in present times? This story takes place in the year 2006 and a teenage girl finds herself striaght in the middle of a plan bigger than she ever imagined. And she finds herself wondering if the stories of Aladdin are more than just a mere fairy tale.
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 07/17/06
Updated: 09/23/06


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Skeptical Beliefs
Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Past Lives?
Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Strange Coincidences
Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Old Enemies
Chapter 5: Chapter 5: Fairy Tales
Chapter 6: Chapter 6: Curiosity
Chapter 7: Chapter 7: Together Forever
Chapter 8: Chapter 8: An Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 9: Chapter 9: Trade
Chapter 10: Chapter 10: Broken Hearts
Chapter 11: Chapter 11: More Surprises
Chapter 12: Chapter 12: New Places
Chapter 13: Chapter 13: Justice
Chapter 14: Chapter 14: Change in Plans
Chapter 15: Chapter 15: Bigger Plans
Chapter 16: Chapter 16: Dreams
Chapter 17: Chapter 17: Powers
Chapter 18: Chapter 18: The World
Chapter 19: Chapter 19: Spellbound
Chapter 20: Chapter 20: Forever
Chapter 21: Chapter 21: Unfamiliar Thoughts
Chapter 22: Chapter 22: Underneath it All
Chapter 23: Chapter 23: Save Me
Chapter 24: Chapter 24: Questions
Chapter 25: Chapter 25: Gone Forever


Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Skeptical Beliefs

Author's Notes: i'm not quite sure about this story, that is if people aren't that interested in it i may not finish it. It was just something i thought would be fun to write about.

So enjoy, hopefully! Oh i know Yasmine is a name used before in aladdin stories, but i thought it was suitable for this story, so sorry for that.


Chapter 1: Skeptical Beliefs

Yasmine carefully brushed her long black, bringing it gracefully into a ponytail in the back of her head. She grabbed her long silver hoop ear rings and put them on as she picked up her car keys and headed out her front door.


It was the first day of school and the usual butterflies were growing in her stomach, but she knew she had nothing to be nervous about. After all it was her senior year at Bridgebrook High School and she was looking forward to seeing her friends again.


As she pulled into the school parking lot a strange tingling flowed through her fingers. She always got that feeling when she knew something bad was going to happen, but it was probably just her nerves.


Yasmine approached the front doors confidently and purposefully. She noticed a guy leaning against the wall casually, as if he had nothing better to do. His red eyes were what caught her attention, they were intense, and reminded her of fire. Dark black hair hung slightly in his eyes as he winked dangerously at her as she passed by.


She didn’t think anything of it, after all she was used to getting looks from guys, and he wasn’t any different.


Still…something seemed very familiar about him. She brushed the thought off, she had more important things to worry about.


Her classes passed by in a blur, as usual the first day always seemed long and dull, but she was looking forward to going out with her friends afterwards for a late lunch.


And as always, their conversation turned to the topic of past lives.


“So who do you think you were in your past life?” Mindy asked Yasmine curiously. Mindy was always into stuff like that.


Yasmine just rolled her eyes. “You tell me,” she replied taking a sip of her coke. She usually didn’t bother to reply when Mindy went off on some ridiculous topic, but today she felt like teasing her about it.


“Well, Yasmine I do have something I’ve been dying to show you,” Mindy said ignoring Jasmine who had rolled her eyes in response.


Mindy brought out a book from her backpack and opened it to a marked page. She showed it to Jasmine and smirked as her friend took a second look at the picture on the page.


The woman in the photograph had a striking resemblance to Yasmine. Same long silky black hair, soft brown eyes and warm smile, it was almost as if she were looking at a picture of herself.


She frowned, this was a little too close to what she looked like.


“Mindy, honestly if you’re trying to trick me into believing your reincarnation theory it isn’t going to work,” she said returning the book.


Mindy sighed impatiently and gave Yasmine a look that told her to take this seriously.


“Just listen,” Mindy said, reading from the page. “Sultana Jasmine was perhaps the most famous and most admired ruler of her time.”


Yasmine snorted. “Sultana Jasmine? Come on, you’re making that up.”


Mindy just kept reading. “And on a more personal note she was a smart, caring person who had a tendency to be very headstrong in her ways. She was a strong ruler and married to a common boy Aladdin and together they ruled the city of Agrabah, eventually becoming the best rulers the kingdom has ever known.”


Mindy finished and looked up at her friend who was busy eating her salad. Yasmine just smirked and replied.


“You don’t believe all that do you? It’s a fairy tale, it’s not real you know.”


Mindy just shrugged. “You never know Yasmine, I mean the stories have to come from some sort of truth, right?”
Yasmine just gave her friend a smile, as if wanting to forget the whole thing.


“Yeah sure.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night….


Yasmine turned over again, unable to sleep. Something was troubling her and she had no idea what it was.


She rested her head on her pillow and sighed deeply, her thoughts slowly turning over to her conversation with Mindy.


Reincarnation? It was something to laugh at really, and Yasmine was far too sensible to fall for something so out there.


She rolled over and closed her eyes waiting for sleep to come…


A man cloaked in black stood in the shadows of her room, unnoticed, his red eyes burning with resentment. He stared at her silently, knowing she would remember. His eyes narrowed slightly, while his lips curled into a dangerous smile.


Soon princess….


We will know each other once again, and this time I will make you mine.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Past Lives?

Author's Notes: yeah this is just setting things up, i promise more is to come. oh and if you're wondering why Jasmine and Aladdin aren't in this yet, just pay close attention to the characters, and you might figure out who they really are- but i won't spoil it!


Chapter 2: Past Lives?


Yasmine woke up in the morning to the sound of her phone ringing. She rubbed her eyes and looked briefly at the time. 9:00 am.


Her mind was spinning, she couldn’t have woken up that late, school started at 7:00. She sighed and picked up the phone.


“Yes,” she asked groggily, she definitely wasn’t a morning person.


“Yasmine, turn on your TV now! Trust me you won’t believe this,” Mindy said with excitement in her voice.



Yasmine groaned and clicked on her TV set. A woman in a navy blue suit and a microphone were standing in front of her school.



“And reports of the attack are unknown, but police believe it to be the work of some gang leaders east of Colorado Springs.”


Yasmine’s eyes widened. The woman was standing in front of her school, or what would have been her school. There was nothing left of it, and pieces of the building were still burning with fire.


“Did you see it?” Mindy asked anxiously.


Yasmine closed and opened her eyes, not able to believe the sight in front of her.


“Yeah,” she replied.


“What does this mean?” Mindy asked her, fear covering her voice.


Yasmine looked at her watch and replied, “I don’t know, hey look meet me at my house, okay?”


Mindy’s voice was hesitating. “Okay,” she replied. “I’ll be there in no time.”


Yasmine could hear the click of her phone in her ears and sat back, leaning against her wall.


What did this mean? Her thoughts suddenly remembered the guy in front of the school, the one that winked at her as if he knew what was coming.


Yasmine shook her head, it was impossible, but she had a strong feeling that she had met him before.


Something about his eyes, Yasmine thought.


“It’s nothing,” Yasmine told herself as she got out of bed. But a small tingling feeling in her fingers told her something was definitely wrong, and she had better figure it out soon.


FLASHBACK:


“You’ve lost Ruini,” a man said looking straight at the sorcerer.


The sorcerer just laughed coldly. “I don’t think so Aladdin.”


He took back his hand and aimed it at them, but when he released his power something strange happened.


A second later the sorcerer doubled over, gasping for breath. The shockwave had rebounded and hit him instead of Aladdin. He looked up at them, his eyes raging with fire.


“This isn’t over!” he shouted as he pulled his robe around him and vanished without a second look.


The couple were stunned, how was it possible?


“His powers are no match against true love,” A mysterious man explained.

He smiled slightly. “Even magic can’t compare to the true power of love.”



END


Yasmine opened her eyes in shock. She felt as if she had just had a dream, but one that was more real than any dream she had ever had. Who were those people?


“Even magic can’t compare to the true power of love.”


The voice sang in Yasmine’s ear as she fought to understand it.


It was like she was looking back into the past, to her past. She shook her head, this was impossible, there was no such thing as past lives, she was sure of it.


She heard the doorbell ring and rushed to answer it, forgetting about her vision.


Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Strange Coincidences

Chapter 3: Strange Coincidences


“Hey girl,” Mindy said as Yasmine answered the door. Yasmine could see though her friend was really worried.


Yasmine showed her into her home and they sat on plush leather couches, both not knowing what exactly to say.


“This is impossible you know,” Yasmine said. “I mean what are the odds?”
She looked at her friend for an answer, but knew Mindy was just as bewildered by it as she was.


Yasmine hesitated a moment, as if questioning whether or not to tell her friend about her suspicions. She took a deep breath and forced herself to speak.

“Mindy I have to tell you something, and it has to do with the fire.” Mindy’s eyes shot open in confusion and anticipation.


“What is it?” she asked immediately.


Yasmine just closed her eyes and opened them again. “There was this guy in front of the school the day before it happened. And I know this is stupid, but I have this feeling he was the one responsible for it.”


She finished and looked at her friend, wondering if she believed her. Mindy looked back in shock, unable to find the right words. Yasmine sighed and continued.


“That’s not it. I feel like I know him, even though I’ve never met him, there’s something about him that I just…” Her voice trailed off and she felt foolish.


Mindy however looked interested in what she had to say. “What did he look like?”


Yasmine thought back. “Red eyes, dark hair, light skin.” She stopped and shot Mindy a curious glance, “why?”


Mindy just let out a sigh, as if afraid to tell her friend what she knew. She had brought her backpack and a second later pulled out a book. Though Yasmine was puzzled, it wasn’t a school book, and it looked ancient, like a history book or something like that.


She turned to a page and showed Yasmine a picture,

“Anything like this?”


Yasmine looked at the photo and gasped, it was HIM. In perfect clarity too, she shot her friend a look.


“Who is this?” she asked.


Mindy read:

“The infamous sorcerer of Firenstan, Ruini is known around the seven deserts as the most dangerous and powerful of all the known sorcerers of his time.”


Yasmine rolled her eyes and she could feel her temper begin to flare.


“Mindy this is the TWENTY-FIRST century, what you are saying is literally impossible. Don’t tell me you think sorcerers and such are real?”


Mindy just returned her glare. “It’s not totally impossible Yasmine. You even said this guy was the spinning image of the real thing. Plus the school was burned by an enormous fire, and this guy was the sorcerer of Fire, you connect the dots.”


Yasmine snorted. “And don’t tell me, but he fell in love with this princess of yours, Jasmine?”


Mindy just looked at her. Yasmine sighed.


“This is getting more outrageous, I hope you know that,” she gave her friend a look that said she wasn’t about to believe in fairy tales.


“Even you can’t deny what’s right in front of you Yasmine. The similarities between you and Jasmine, the guy and Ruini, come on you always wanted to believe in stuff like this, what’s holding you back now?” Mindy’s voice came, a strange honesty in it.


Yasmine looked away from her. She always wanted to believe that the fairy tales were real, in her heart of hearts, she wanted such things as magic and falling in love with a handsome prince to be real. But now it just seemed ridiculous, she was seventeen years old, and that meant too old to believe in fairy tales. She sighed though, feeling a fluttering in her heart.


“Fine, Mindy you win. Tell me more about this Ruini guy.”


Mindy smiled at her friend and continued to read from the page.


Yasmine only nodded as she continued, wondering what lay ahead if the tales were really true.


A shudder ran up her spin and she knew that something was about to happen, an adventure of a lifetime that would only reveal the truth.




Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Old Enemies

Chapter 4: Old Enemies


“Seriously things couldn’t get any weirder,” Yasmine commented as Mindy finished reading to her.


It was already noon and the girls were still discussing the strange incident at their school. Mindy agreed, something was going on, bigger than the both of them.


“Listen, let’s not mention this to our parents, there’s no way that they would believe us anyway,” Yasmine added seriously.



“Definitely,” Mindy added, checking the time.


“Hey I have to go, but tell me if anything else happens, kay?”


Yasmine nodded and showed her friend to the door.


As Mindy was about to leave, Yasmine grabbed her arm gently, “Hey be careful, you never know what can happen.”


Mindy agreed to and left, giving her friend a reassuring smile.


Yasmine closed the door and went to the kitchen, looking for something to eat. As she stood at the fridge, letting the coolness of the air feel chill against her skin she heard the doorbell ring again. A look of puzzlement crossed her face and she went to answer it.


As she opened the door she suddenly was overcome with a coldness that sent shivers down her spine. Something felt wrong.


Her hand hovered over the handle as fear slowly began to creep across her mind. Then feeling stupid, she opened the door a moment later.


A man stood a few feet away, his head lowered and his dark hair hanging down over his eyes. The moment she opened the door he slightly raised his eyes, taking her in.


“Who are you?” she asked, anger slightly outlining her voice, she always got anger when she was afraid.


The man just shifted and he scoffed at her question, his red eyes narrowing.


“Jasmine, I’m stunned you don’t remember, even after all this time,” was all he said, his voice low and dark.


Anger flashed across Yasmine’s face at his words. “Look I don’t know who you think you are--”

She was cut off, as the stranger raised his face to meet hers, a smile starting to form on his lips.


“The name’s Tyler, but you , may remember me as Ruini.”

Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 5: Fairy Tales

Chapter 5: Fairy Tales


Yasmine crossed her arms across her chest angrily. “Look, Tyler I don’t know what you want, but I don’t have time for games,” she said as she went to close the door on him.


Tyler reached out and stopped her, his manner changing drastically. Yasmine stood, surprised by his action and turned to face him.


“But princess, this is a game that you’ll love,” he told her, wearing a playful, but deadly grin.


Yasmine just stared at him, not knowing what to do.


“Why did you call me princess?” she asked curiously.


Tyler just winked at her dangerously and replied, “You don’t know do you? Well this will just make things more interesting.”


Fear was beginning to cloud Yasmine’s mind as she listened to the man. It seemed so impossible she wondered if she were dreaming.


Tyler turned to leave, but threw her once last look.


“Just wanted to drop by and say hi,” he left her and got into his motorcycle, and sped away.

Yasmine stood in her doorway in silence, not knowing what to do. It was impossible, fairy tales were fiction, but Tyler was real. Dangerously real.


She sighed knowing that he knew more than he was letting on. Her eyes lowered in determination and as she stepped back in her house she realized that whatever Tyler meant, he was trouble.

Back to index


Chapter 6: Chapter 6: Curiosity

Author's Notes: again i'm not using ALaddin's/Jasmine's/Ruini's real names because it is in the future, but hopefully you can figure out who is who.


Enjoy!


Chapter 6: Curiosity

Later that night:


Yasmine looked at her reflection in the mirror, letting her thoughts get the best of her. Jasmine. They did look so much alike. Yasmine shook her head, it was impossible.


Still…a part of her wondered. She sat down at her computer and brought up the internet, her fingers hesitating above the keys.

“What could it hurt?” she thought as she typed in the name princess Jasmine into her computer.


She read:


Princess Jasmine grew up with her father in the city of Agrabah. Though surrounded with everything she could ever want, the princess longed for something more, an adventure. Fiercely independent, and a bit stubborn she wondered what life would be outside the life she knew in the palace. She eventually met a commoner, Aladdin and knew he was the one meant for her.


Yasmine stopped reading and sighed, closing the window on her computer. She shook her head; somethings were just too good to be true.


But as she realized with some honestly that their lives were similar. Yasmine never knew her birth parents, she was adopted at birth, and there was always a part of her that felt alone. Her parents were always working, leaving her at home and she had to admit that sometimes she wished she could see what it would be like to experience life differently. Her heart secretly longed for adventure, excitement and maybe even love.


She shook her head again, knowing these thoughts were pointless. She stopped believing in fairytales a long time ago, what was the point?


Yasmine grabbed her car keys, deciding that she needed to get out of the house. She started up her white Jetta, a car her parents had got her for her sweet sixteenth, and headed towards her favorite Chinese restaurant.


As she stood in line waiting to order a familiar stranger leaned casually next to her, a relaxed smile on his face.


“Are you stalking me now?” Yasmine asked angrily, turning to meet the guy.


Tyler just winked at her. “Jasmine come on, aren’t you the least bit curious to know who I am?” his red eyes were intense and Yasmine felt a cold shiver ran up her spine.


“You tell me,” she shot back, taking a step away from him.


“You know I bet you’re curious to know who you really are,” He started keeping his gaze on her. “We go way back, you and me.”


Yasmine just sneered at him, did this guy ever get a clue.


Tyler reached out to grab her arm when someone else stopped him.


“Why don’t you just leave her alone, she doesn’t look like she wants your attention,” a voice said. Yasmine turned and faced the stranger and felt her heart flutter.


Tyler just smiled and gave Yasmine a quick look before turning to leave. “Till’ we meet again Jasmine.”


Yasmine just watched him go and sighed, and then she turned her attention back towards her rescuer.


“Thank you, what a creep.” She held out her hand. “I’m Yasmine.”


The man gave her a warm smile, his blue eyes compassionate. “John.”


Yasmine returned the smile and felt herself strangely attracted to him, and a strong feeling came over her, like she already knew him.


He seemed to feel the same way as his eyes met hers she felt her heart race with excitement.


“Hey look, I know this may be a bit strange, but do you want to join me for dinner?” he asked looking a little nervous, but nonetheless confident.


Yasmine could feel herself smile at his invitation. “I’d love to.”


And with that they both sat down a moment later with their dinner and started to really get to know each other.


Before Yasmine knew it they were at her doorstep and she was about to head in for the night.


But as she gave John one last look, she felt as if she knew him, as if her heart had already fallen for him, even though they had just met.


She leaned in as he came closer. Their lips met and the kiss was passionate, yet sweet. Yasmine could feel her mind spinning with happiness.


As she pulled away she gave him one last look before turning, knowing silently that if fate would allow, they would meet again.


“Sleep well Yasmine,” John’s voice came softly.


“Good night John,” she replied.


And with that she entered her house, leaning against the door she wondered if true love was more than just something written about in fairy tales.

Back to index


Chapter 7: Chapter 7: Together Forever

Chapter 7: Together Forever


As the weeks flew by, Yasmine could feel herself fall in love with John, and something in her heart told her it was more than just a teenage infatuation.

Every time she met his eyes, he could make her feel safe, protected somehow and loved. The way he held her close and the way he would smile just to cheer her up, he was handsome, smart, but also kind and caring.


They were walking in the park when he first said that he loved her and she knew she felt the same way for him.


“Hey Yasmine,” John starting, taking her hand in his, giving her one of his warm smiles, his eyes lit with happiness.


“What,” she replied, letting him hug her as they walked down a path around Central park, her voice was teasing.


“Oh I just wanted to say that… I love you,” he said, this time his voice was sincere, and she could see his love shining through. Yasmine kissed him lightly on the lips and smiled.


“I love you too,” she said.


From then on they had been inseparable, like nothing could break them apart. Both of them knew that fate had brought them together, and the love they shared a love that was stronger than anything they had ever known.



“So,” Yasmine said playful to John one day as they were entering the very restaurant where they had met, “what is this big surprise that you have planned for me?”


John just kissed her lightly as the sat down and ordered. “You’ll just have to see Yasmine.”


Yasmine rolled her eyes, but felt herself smile anyways. After dinner he took her hands and looked into her eyes a long moment before speaking.


“Yasmine we’ve only known each other for three months now, but I feel like I know you, like I always have. You’re everything I could ever want in a girl, the princess I’ve been dreaming all my life is alive before my eyes,” John continued to speak and Yasmine could feel her heart flutter softly.


“Will you marry me?”


Yasmine just watched in awe as he pulled out a diamond ring and waited for her to answer. For once, the words were caught in her throat, she was beyond words.


“Yes,” she finally got out, reaching across to kiss him on the lips.


“John nothing would make me happier.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Later that night….



Tyler paced his room, his eyes lowered in concentration. There had to be a way to lure Jasmine into joining him, but he struggled to find a way, she was just as strong-willed as ever and it wouldn’t be an easy task.


“Let’s just kidnap her, that will solve things pretty quickly,” a man dressed in black clothing reasoned, his voice dark and serious.


Tyler just shot him an angry look and sighed, letting go of his anger. “No we need something more elaborate, something else,” he said softly as his feet came to a halt and his eyes lit up with inspiration.


“Now what if we brought her dear friend into the equation, just to make things interesting,” he commented, his eyes darkening with malice.


He turned his attention back towards the other two men in his room. “Julian, Michael, you know what to do.”


They just smiled in response, a cold smiles forming on both of their faces as they nodded in understanding.



Back to index


Chapter 8: Chapter 8: An Unexpected Meeting

Chapter 8: An Unexpected Meeting


Yasmine got back to her house and couldn’t help but smile, the happiness that she felt was overwhelming and she had a hard time trying to mask it.

As she went into her room a sudden rush of cool air met her and sent shivers up her body. She knew that she had closed her window before leaving the house, but she checked them anyway. They were closed.


“Have a nice evening?” a voice came from no where, softly and teasing.


Yasmine turned and her eyes feel upon the creep from the restaurant, Tyler. His dark eyes were swimming with danger and immediately her heart raced with uncertainty.


Anger flashed across her face, “What the hell are you doing here? How did you get in?”
Yasmine said fiercely, she had just enough of this guy.


Tyler just leaned against her doorway, his expression casual, almost bored. He seemed slightly amused however and replied calmly, almost a-matter-of —fact.


“I’m here, for a very specific reason princess. You see we have a score to settle.”


Yasmine just glared at him, her hands shaking at her side.


“Look Tyler I don’t know who you think you are, but I order you to get out of my house!” she shouted at him, fed up.


Tyler merely looked at her, clicking his tongue impatiently. “Oh you haven’t changed at all since I last saw you, same temper, and the same spirit.” He put a finger against his temple as if wondering what to do next.


“Perhaps this will remind you who you are,” he said darkly as he shot a lightning bolt of red energy at her, his lips curving into a dangerous smile.


Too stunned to move, Yasmine could just brace herself for the pain. It hit her body and coursed through her, bringing pain more intense than she had ever known. She lost sense of her surroundings, but faintly heard Tyler mumble words in a foreign language, one that was ancient and forgotten.


Suddenly memories started to come back to her, one by one, as she drifted in and out of consciousness. They wove in and out of her mind, until she felt like she had been awoken from a dream.


She got up and faced Tyler once again, this time her eyes burned with fierce determination.


“Ruini…I must say I haven’t missed you after all these years,” Jasmine said fearlessly.


Ruini just chuckled softly and gave her a quick wink, one that was subtle, but powerful.
He lowered his eyes slightly, taking her in.


“But princess, I’ve missed you,” he added mysteriously. He suddenly stood a little straighter and his manner became formal, almost stern.


“Now if you would come with me…” He started when Jasmine threw him a look and her voice became cold.


“You’re the one who hasn’t changed Ruini, didn’t you get it the first time? I will never come to you.”


Ruini just sighed as if things were more difficult than they had to be.


“Have it your way,” he said, turning to leave. “But if you don’t care at all for your friends…”


“Wait! What do you mean by that?” Jasmine demanded suspiciously.


Ruini just smiled, his voice was taunting her. “Mindy, I think that was her name, well anyways she is probably dying to see you right about now.”


He had her attention. Jasmine just stared back at him, her eyes challenging him.


“Take me to see her,” was all she said.

Ruini smiled, his eyes darkening to almost black.


“Sure.”

Back to index


Chapter 9: Chapter 9: Trade

Chapter 9: Trade


Jasmine rode on the back of Ruini’s motorcycle the wind and rain hitting with a harsh coldness against her face. As he sped off, she felt her heart beat uncontrollably, as doubt was threatening to drown her.


If he hurt her…


They finally stopped in front of a huge, mansion on the outskirts of the city. A dark overcast shadowed the house, and casted a permanent gloom over it, furthering Jasmine’s growing fears.


She must have been crazy to follow him…


Ruini cut the engine and her ears were met with a deafening silence as she followed him up the stairs to the entrance. As she entered she felt strangely isolated from the rest of the world as the door slammed with a distinct clang.



“Wait here,” Ruini ordered her. Jasmine wanted to laugh; Ruini was telling her what to do? But she knew she better obey him if she didn’t want harm to come to her friend.


Two guys she didn’t know appeared later, carrying her friend in chains. Jasmine went to help her, but Ruini held her back.


Mindy’s face was pale, and her eyes wide with fear. But when she saw her friend they were slightly brightened with hope.


“So…as I was saying we have a score to settle.” Ruini said easily, giving Jasmine a look that said this time around he wouldn’t fall for her tricks.


Jasmine swallowed hard and took a deep breath, readying herself for anything.


“What do you want?” she asked him.


Ruini grinned as if he was waiting for her to ask.


“Well you see, this is where is gets complicated. You see…” Ruini began to walk around the room, his manner confident. “…I need someone to marry so I eventually can bear a child, as to pass on my powers…” He came up to Mindy and lifted her chin with his finger, forcing her to face him.


“And I could just take your friend here…” His voice trailed off and Mindy’s eyes shone with fear.


“Don’t!” Jasmine shouted as she took a step towards them.


“I’ll take her place.”


Ruini looked thoughtful for a second, his hand let go of Mindy.


“Oh will you?” he asked her skeptically, his lips coming together to form a frown.


Jasmine just nodded in agreement. “A life for another, take me in her place.”



Ruini grinned at the other two and they released Mindy. “Alright, have it your way. Mindy is free to go, but you must stay.”


Mindy ran and hugged Jasmine. “You can’t do this, think of what he would do.”


Jasmine just smiled at her friend. “I’m not just going to let him hurt you too,” was all she said.


Mindy wiped away tears that had begun to cascade down her face. Her eyes were shining with a strength Jasmine had never seen in her before.


“If you’re staying, I am too.”



Julian and Michael both sneered, their faces darkening with each passing moment.



Ruini just laughed. “Two for the price of one, now this is a deal I can live with.”


Jasmine just looked at her friend. “You can leave, trust me it would be hell staying here,” she said, trying to get her friend to leave.


Mindy just met her stare with the same determination. “I’m not leaving.” She turned to look at Ruini who was smirking at them both.


Jasmine just threw her arms around her friend.


“Mindy what would I do without you?”


Mindy just laughed. “I don’t know.”


Jasmine just smiled, knowing that Mindy was insane to stay when her freedom had been offered to her. But she was grateful nonetheless.


“This will be fun,” Julian commented, staring at them both.


“Yeah, we’ll really get to know each other,” replied Michael, matching Julian’s grin.


Ruini just smiled as he focused on the two before him, his eyes lit with interest.


“This IS going to be fun,” he said.

Back to index


Chapter 10: Chapter 10: Broken Hearts

Author's Notes: yep Ruini continues to torment, but jasmine has something up her sleeve...


As always thanks for the great reviews!!


Chapter 10: Broken Hearts


Jasmine stood up and faced the sorcerer that time had almost forgotten. He hadn’t changed at all, if fact he seemed more determined than ever to show her who was in control. She felt her heart beat with a certain resolve, this time it would be different, and her mind wouldn’t fall for his mind games.


Ruini seemed to sense her change and in turn just continued to sneer at her.


“Oh things will be different. This time I won’t be so kind,” his voice said without emotion.


Jasmine took a brave step towards him. “You won’t win Ruini, if it’s the last thing I do, I’ll make sure that you pay for all the pain you’ve caused others to suffer.”


Anger flashed across his face as he drew back his hand, but then a smile formed across his face and he let his fist drop harmlessly by his side.


“Oh we shall see princess. We shall see.” Ruini circled around her, his eyes more intense than ever.


“But first I want you to feel what true emptiness is princess, starting with your boyfriend.”


Jasmine just stared at him, her eyes hardened as his words began to dance around her, wrapping her in fear and disbelief.


Ruini pulled something from his pocket, and Jasmine soon realized it was a cell phone. He handed it to her and she felt her eyes stare at him with confusion.


He put a finger casually to his lips and he spoke, speaking with something more than just arrogance.


“Call him…and tell him that you’ve fallen in love with someone else. Convince him that you’ve moved on,” he said, his voice deadly.


Jasmine just looked at him, “Are you crazy nothing would--”


He cut her off and nodded towards Julian and Michael. “Or my friends may have to pay him an unfortunate visit.”


His message couldn’t be more clear. Jasmine dialed the number without another word, tears swimming in her eyes.


“Hey John, it’s Jas-I mean it’s Yasmine,” she started, knowing that Ruini was listening closely to every word.


“We need to talk. Listen, I know what I said earlier about loving you, but something’s come up and I think we need some space, you understand right?” Jasmine waited for an answer and fought the temptation to spill the truth.


“No it’s just that I need some time to think, it isn’t you. I’ve never been more sure in my life and I feel smothered by all this. Listen I have to go, okay? Look I’m sorry but I met someone else, someone who I really care about. He’s the one for me, and I’m sorry but I don’t need you anymore,” Jasmine clicked off the phone, not really believing that she had lied to John, and broken his heart all at once.


Ruini smiled in satisfaction, clearly not caring for Jasmine’s dilemma.


“Now let’s have some real fun, shall we?” Ruini started to walk towards Jasmine.


“You’re despicable,” Jasmine retorted.


“Oh words do hurt princess,” he snorted. However his expression soon changed.

“But just think of this will you, princess,” Ruini began as he approached her. “I still owe you one for that stunt you pulled years and years ago.”


Jasmine smiled despite herself, she remembered.


“Anyways I suggest you get some sleep, we have a long journey tomorrow and would hate for you to be to exhausted to miss it,” Jasmine could sense the sarcasm in his tone.



Ruini nodded at Julian and Michael who dragged them off towards their rooms. Jasmine pulled away angrily from Michael’s grasp and stepped back from him.


Michael just sneered, his eyes dancing with mirth. “Oh the princess doesn’t like being told what to do?” he laughed coldly.


Jasmine glared at him, as the two guys left them alone in their room. Mindy rushed over to her, fear in her eyes.


“What are we going to do?” she asked.


Jasmine just looked at her friend, “We’ll just have to find a way to outsmart Ruini.” She began to pace the room, there were no clear exits and she was sure Julian and Michael were waiting outside the door keeping watch.


“But how, Ruini is so powerful?” Mindy said, her voice strained.


Jasmine just smiled. “Well I’m not about to give up, there’s got to be a way to defeat him.”


Mindy nodded in agreement. “You’re right.”


Jasmine’s eyes lit up as an idea hit her. She pulled something from her pocket, her cell phone.


After typing in a few keys a smile formed across her face. She wanted to send John a message, but as she hit the SEND button on her phone it went dead.


“Damn,” she said looking at the low battery sign. She shook her head, there still had to be a way out.


“Now I have a plan,” Jasmine whispered to Mindy, unsure of they were being heard or not.


“What?”


Jasmine just smiled at her. “You’ll see, we will break free from Ruini, I don’t care what it takes.”



Back to index


Chapter 11: Chapter 11: More Surprises

Chapter 11: More Surprises


Jasmine and Mindy woke up to someone knocking on their door, and only a mere second later Michael came in and told them they better get up.


“Now isn’t Ruini ever so impatient,” Jasmine retorted as she rubbed her eyes from their sleep and saw that Mindy was getting up as well.


He just gave her a mischievous smile and said, “Like he said we have a long journey ahead of us.”


Jasmine smirked as he left the room so the girls could change. “Can’t wait.”


After the two girls got up and dressed they met Ruini in the dining room for breakfast. They looked in surprise at the food put out for them. Eggs, fruit, cereal and bagels of every type were laid out.


Jasmine just looked at Ruini, her eyebrows raised slightly.


Ruini smiled at her, “You’ll need the energy for the journey princess,” was all he said.

Jasmine and Mindy started to eat, wearily knowing that Ruini was being a little too nice, and it was never out of pure intentions.


As they finished Ruini escorted, practically shoved them outside and both of them felt their jaws drop.


“Nice isn’t it?” Ruini commented casually. The girls stared speechless at the jet plane in front of them.



Before they could realize what was happening, Julian and Michael led them onto the plane.



As they took their seats Jasmine demanded, “Where are we going Ruini?”


Ruini just chuckled and looked at her. “Now princess you know I’m not the one to spoil surprises.”


And with that the jet took off and disappeared into the horizon.


Back to index


Chapter 12: Chapter 12: New Places

Author's Notes: Thanks again for the great reviews! hope this chapter doesn't disappoint!


Chapter 12: New Places


“CHINA!” Jasmine exclaimed as she got out of the plane and saw the oriental buildings and ancient statues and temples.


Tyler just gave her a quick wink and led them down an alley to a secret entrance. He let them in and followed soon afterwards.


Jasmine could feel things get more and more unbelievable. The room was spacious, a few bedrooms, a full kitchen and a dining room stood in front of her decorating expertly with ancient Chinese paintings and screens.


“Do you want to explain why we are thousands of miles from my home?” Jasmine turned around and demanded an answer.


“Oh come on, where is your sense of adventure?” Tyler gave her a playful smile and pulled something from his robes.


It was a black book, with a symbol on the front that Jasmine didn’t recognize.


“Besides,” he continued as he began to flip through the pages, “there’s something I need to recover here and you just happened to be with me at the time.”


Jasmine snorted, Tyler was getting more and more annoying. Not only had she traveled thousands of miles across the world, but now she had no way of contacting her family and friends.


“Now,” Tyler said as he closed the book and turned to leave them, “behave yourselves while I’m away, will you?” and without an answer he left them.



Jasmine took one glance at Julian and Michael and knew that they were skilled in fighting and would be more than capable of taking them on.


Still if Mindy and her caught them off guard….they might have a chance…

Back to index


Chapter 13: Chapter 13: Justice

Chapter 13: Justice


“So Michael,” Jasmine started as she walked towards him, a mysterious smile on her face. “How long have you worked for Tyler?”


She played it cool as she approached him very casually. He smiled at her, slightly interested in the way she was looking at him.


“We go way back,” he said looking at with curiosity. She grinned as Mindy picked up and gave Julian her attention.
“I bet you’re close, you’d do anything for each other,” Mindy said getting closer to Julian.


“Sure,” he answered looking at her with curiosity.


Jasmine smiled and a moment later spun around and brought her foot back and hit Michael straight on as Mindy grabbed a vase near by and crashed it into Julian’s head, knocking him out.


The two girls stood over the men lying unconscious on the floor and smiled to one another.


“Serves them right,” Mindy said, anger shining in her eyes.


Jasmine nodded and turned towards the door. “Now let’s get out of here before they wake up.”


The girls escaped into the alley and followed a path until they ended up on the main road.


Jasmine spotted a sign that read:


POLICE SERVICES


She grabbed Mindy’s arm and they both hurried towards the building.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


In Police headquarters:


“I’m telling you he kidnapped us!” Jasmine yelled at the officer who looked at her as if she were crazy.


He rolled his eyes as if dealing with a child. “Was this before or after he shot a…” he looked down at his notes a moment. “A lightning bolt at you?”


Jasmine glared at him, knowing he wouldn’t be willing to help them.


The man shook his head and laughed. “Look kid, where are your parents? You shouldn’t be wondering around China alone.”


Mindy glared at the officer and replied. “A bunch of help you’ve been.”


He just looked at her as if they were wasting his time. A moment later he waved his hand and two officers came in the room.


“These men will escort you ladies outside. And next time you have stories of sorcerers and magic, find someone else to listen.”


The officers shoved them onto the street.


“Can you believe them?” Mindy asked.


Jasmine rolled her eyes. “Well our story wasn’t the most believable you know.”


“What are we going to do now?”


Jasmine thought for a second.


“Get help,” was all she said as the girls hurried down the streets.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



“You let them ESCAPE?!” Tyler threw a bolt of blue energy across the room, shattering the kitchen table.
Julian and Michael avoided his stare. Tyler began to pace the room, his arms crossed angrily in front of him as his eyes narrowed in annoyance.


“Great,” he sighed as his anger began to fade. “Now let’s think, shall we?” he said, throwing them looks of disgust.


“Where would I go if I were kidnapped and then forced to stay in a country foreign to me…” Tyler thought out loud.


He stopped pacing and his eyes lit up.


“To the police station, let’s move.” He ordered as he walked swiftly towards the door without another word.


Back to index


Chapter 14: Chapter 14: Change in Plans

Chapter 14: Change in Plans


“Let’s just say that they’re friends of ours,” Tyler commented smoothly as he spoke with the head of the police department.


The officer shook his head. “Yeah I’ve seen them, they were here about an hour ago talking about this crazy story about sorcerers and magic.”


Tyler shook his head, as if pitying the poor man. “Did they say where they were going?” he asked.


The man just shook his head.


“No.”


Tyler stepped out onto the street and looked around. They had to be somewhere, it was only a matter of where.


Then his eyes lit upon a sign that read: AIRPORT 5 miles away and a smile swept across his face.


“Come on, we have a plane to stop.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Mindy looked around nervously as Jasmine casually stood by the front entrance of the plane heading towards Colorado. Jasmine reassured her with a small smile.


“How on earth are we going to sneak on?” Mindy whispered so only her friend could hear her.


Jasmine just winked at her. “Just watch,” she replied as the attendant came on the speaker announcing that all passengers were now to be boarded onto the plane.


The girls stood in line, but as Jasmine approached the attendant, she casually bumped into her causing her to drop the tickets everywhere.


“Oh my gosh! I really am sorry,” she said in an apologetic tone.


The attendant just looked at the pile of tickets spread across the floor in dismay.


“My friend and I really are sorry,” Mindy added casually, catching on to Jasmine’s plan.


“Look just take your seats, I’ll sort through it,” the attendant replied in a rather annoyed tone.


“Sure no problem,” Jasmine said as she and Mindy rushed onto the boarding plank before anymore could be said.


“How on earth did you manage to get away with that?” Mindy asked incredulously as they took two empty seats in the back of the plane.

Jasmine smiled at her. “Hey I’m used to thinking on my toes,” she replied buckling her seat belt.


There was hardly anyone else on this flight and it was due to take off at 2:00pm. Jasmine looked at her watch. It was 1:50pm, they had barely made it.


“In no time we’ll be home,” she reassured Mindy, though a small tingling feeling in her fingers told her that something was about to happen. She pushed it away, knowing that soon all this would be behind them.


Fifteen minutes passed and they hadn’t moved. Jasmine looked out the plane window and saw that the weather outside was perfect, sunny and not a single cloud in the sky.


She told herself that they were just running a little late. Twenty five minutes passed by and nothing.


Mindy looked at her watch, it read 2:15pm. They were supposed to be already in the air by now.


Another ten minutes passed by…


Jasmine looked around nervously when a voice came on overhead.


“Sorry there are some minor technical difficulties, but we hope to sort through them in the next few minutes.”


“Technical difficulties?” Mindy asked as she looked at Jasmine skeptically.


“What are the chances, seriously?”


Jasmine agreed, something didn’t feel right. A moment later someone approached them, dressed in royal blue and a questioning look upon her face.


“Are you’re names Jasmine and Mindy?” she asked them.
The girls nodded.


“Will you come with me please,” she said as she led them off the plane.


The girls exchanged nervous glances as they followed her.


They soon came to an office and the attendant showed them inside.


“Please take a seat,” she showed them two available seats and left them.


“What is going on?” Jasmine wondered as she looked around the office, clear glass windows showed out into the lobby of the airport.



A moment later an officer appeared, a serious expression on his face.


“Someone is worried about you girls,” was all he said as he took a seat across from them at his desk.


“What,” Mindy asked confused.


“Your brothers are here, saying that you ran away from them,” he said looking back at them, his eyes unwavering.


“Look officer I don’t know what--” Jasmine began when three others joined them.


“Oh sis, don’t deny it, seriously I was worried something terrible had happened to you,” Tyler said, his tone serious, but Jasmine could see that he was just acting.


A cold tremor ran through her body as she saw that Julian and Michael were with him, their faces not so happy to see them.


Jasmine turned towards the officer, “I have no idea what he is talking about,” she said as the officer pulled out a photograph.


She looked at it and couldn’t help but feel a sinking feeling in her stomach.


It was a picture of her, Mindy, Tyler, Julian and Michael, all together smiling, as if they were a family.


“Looks like you do,” the officer said as he waited for her to react.


Jasmine just stared in shock at the photograph.


“I’m sorry, my dear sister has a memory defect,” Tyler commented slyly as the officer now turned his attention towards him.


“You see she had an accident a while ago and sometimes can’t remember her own family,” he continued looking at Jasmine with mock sadness in his eyes.



“I’ll leave you to figure this out,” the officer said as he left the office, closing the door behind him.


“Why you!” Jasmine started angrily at Tyler throwing the photo at him.


Tyler easily picked it up, sighing. “Oh come on it’s a great picture, don’t you think?”



Jasmine and Mindy stood up and tried to get past them.


“We have a plane to catch,” Jasmine said furiously, trying to push aside Tyler.


Tyler just smiled as he blocked her way, clearing not letting her pass.


“Oh really? Princess I must say that the only place you and your friend will be going is with us,” he said, his eyes shining with amusement.



Back to index


Chapter 15: Chapter 15: Bigger Plans

Chapter 15: Bigger Plans


“In your dreams,” Jasmine spat back, trying to shove past him again. He clicked his tongue impatiently against his perfect white teeth and nodded at Julian and Michael. They quickly grabbed hold of the girls and prevented them from escaping.


“Now,” Tyler said casually as he walked arrogantly past them and sat swiftly on top of the dark wooden desk, “since you’ve proven that you can’t be trusted I obviously have to resort to a more…difficult method of containing you.”


Mindy sneered at his words and replied, “We’ll find a way to get away again…no matter what you try.”


Tyler chuckled softly at her bold statement and signed with an air of slight curiosity.


“Well just see, tell me how do you plan to escape from me now that you are thousands of miles from help?” he asked bitterly, as he threw her a quick dangerous smile.


Jasmine struggled against Julian’s hold, looking at Tyler with venom.


“What are you planning to do to us?”


At her words a sinister flicker traced across his expression and lingered a moment before disappearing into his normal careless manner.


“Oh princess don’t you see? This is just the beginning of a much bigger plan…one that will rock your world.”



Back to index


Chapter 16: Chapter 16: Dreams

Chapter 16: Dreams

“What is that supposed to mean?” Jasmine demanded, her eyes narrowed with suspicion.

Tyler smirked as he ran a hand through his dark silky hair and stared back at her with a cool expression.


“Come now princess…I don’t want to spoil the surprise,” he said darkly.


Jasmine met his gaze and was suddenly overcome with a feeling of deja vu.
She blinked uncertainly, as if trying to remember something. A moment later the feeling faded away as if it were never there and she turned to face him.


“But I think we’d better get out of this airport…I wouldn’t want you running away again now would I?” he commented seriously as he nodded towards Julian and Michael.


A second later Jasmine’s mind was met with a numbing darkness and she felt herself fall into a deep unconsciousness.


Hours later….



Jasmine could feel a haziness surround her as she wondered through endless dark hallways and found herself lost within a darkened corner of a strange place.


“Where am I?” she asked herself out loud, not really expecting an answer.


“But don’t you remember this place?”


Jasmine turned in surprise as fear began to creep in the back of her mind.


“Ruini….” She whispered quietly. She didn’t want to believe what her heart had been trying to tell her, but now she knew there was no turning back.
“I thought you had forgotten princess. After all this time you remember me, I must say that I’m quite flattered,” came his mysterious and alluring voice as he shifted his gaze to stare at her.


He reached out and took her chin within his hand and lifted her face so she faced him.


As her eyes met his she found herself unable to look away…his eyes were memorizing and her legs felt weak under his piercing and violent gaze. It felt as if she were falling into some sort of trap and couldn’t pull away soon enough.


Jasmine suddenly stepped back and her eyes flashed with anger and realization.


“That’s how you made me love you Ruini, you cast a spell on me to force me into falling for you.”


Ruini chuckled lightly and sighed as a smile flickered across his handsome face.


“I warned you of how powerful I am. There’s really nothing that I can’t do princess…would you like me to show you?”


Jasmine felt her heart burn with an icy chill as his words drowned her in his own fantasy.


For a moment she lost her concentration. He noticed her hesitation and took advantage of it.


“Let me show you…” his voice drifted to her ears.


************************************************************************

“No!”


She jerked awake and suddenly was shrouded in darkness. Cold sweat covered her face as she fought desperately to stay awake.

It was a dream. Jasmine shook her head and couldn’t erase the images of her dream away, it seemed as if they were engraved in her memory forever.


She sighed and looked around her. Pure darkness prevented her from seeing anything but the pale reflection of a digital clock that read 12:00am.


Jasmine let her eyes fall back to sleep and wished that she could wake up from this nightmare…




Back to index


Chapter 17: Chapter 17: Powers

Author's Notes: thanks for the reviews guys! keep it up ;)


Chapter 17: Powers


“But what about the boy?”


Tyler laughed coldly as his eyes darkened while his thoughts turned towards Jasmine’s boyfriend in jealousy.


“What about him?” he asked dangerously, as if daring the man to challenge his power.


The stranger across from him twitched uneasily and his eyes shifted uncomfortably around the dark room.


“He’s not like the others…”


Tyler’s own dark power emitted a strange eerie glow as his anger grew to immeasurable height. His fists twisted with rage as he let his power grow and surround him, casting a strange light about the room.


The man across from him staggered back in fear, his eyes white and stunned.


“Wh-what I meant was defeating him will prove to be more difficult than you had planned…” he said in a rush, his words falling over on top of each other.


A smile spread across Tyler’s face as he let his anger drain and finally fade into nothing. He gazed over the old man’s face and threatened him with just one look.


“Then you have something for me…”


With a shaking and icy hand the man pulled out an ancient stone from his pocket and placed it on the table. The perfect shape and form of the stone reflected the dull light in the room in a stunning array of colors and shone with flawlessness unmatched by any other.


“What you asked for…” the man replied in a whisper.


Tyler took the stone within his hand and his eyes lit with a deep and unsettling eagerness as he moved it to look at its beauty in all angles.


“Thank you,” was all he said as he reached out his other hand to touch the other man on his heart. A moment later a blinding red light flashed and the man fell to the floor dead.


“You have been most helpful.”


The sorcerer turned without looking back and pocketed the stone. As he escaped unheard into the night, the darkness in his heart grew and embraced his new powers.

Back to index


Chapter 18: Chapter 18: The World

Author's Notes: new chapter's up! reviews are always appreciated ;)


Chapter 18: The World

Jasmine woke up abruptly, and gently wiped away the cold sweat covering her face. She had the vague feeling that someone was watching her, but only darkness surrounded her.


“Sleep well princess?”


She turned quickly in the dark. Her heart beat painfully against her chest as she tried to find Tyler’s voice in the dark.


A dim beam of light suddenly brightened the room and Jasmine met his eyes that continued to stare at her playfully while his mouth twisted into a taunting smile.


“What the hell are you doing?”


She demanded without thinking about her own fear. In the light she could barely make out his expression. It was cool and calm without the slightest hint of the anger he had shown her since they last talked.


“I wanted to have a friendly conversation with you. Is there something wrong with that Jasmine?”


She had to stop herself from laughing at the false sincerity in his voice. Nothing about Tyler was friendly.


“Yeah right,” she replied sarcastically as her fingers tingled faintly with fear. She pulled the sheets of her bed over her body and felt his gaze watch her with every move. Her eyes shone with coolness as silence lingered in the air.


“You don’t trust me, do you?” he asked her politely, almost as if he truly cared. Jasmine threw him a cold look as she crossed her arms in front of her in anger.


“I have no reason to.”


He just grinned in response. The light made him seem even more devilish than ever and Jasmine could feel her fear begin to pull at the back of her mind.


“No I guess you don’t. But I could say the same about you,” his voice was frighteningly quiet. Like the calm before the storm…


“What’s that supposed to mean?” Jasmine could feel anger replace the fear in her and she narrowed her eyes and met his.


“You don’t remember do you?” he asked her earnestly as his eyes met hers with a quiet interest.


He offered an explanation. “Princess…I must say you never cease to surprise me. Well I guess it’s you who has forgotten the past,” he shifted in the dark and continued. “In another life I was close to conquering the seven deserts…but unfortunately that street rat Aladdin and Mozenrath interrupted my plans. But now that times are different…I must say I can’t wait to finish what I’ve started.”


“Why do you need me?” Jasmine felt in her heart she already knew the answer, but she hoped desperately that she was wrong.


Tyler laughed in the dark and his cruelty reflected in the darkened depths of his fiery red eyes.


“You know exactly why I want you here princess,” he replied with malice.


His eyes burned with an intensity that filled her with a fear she had once forgotten. She held her breath and knew she had been right all along…

Back to index


Chapter 19: Chapter 19: Spellbound

Chapter 19: Spellbound


“Ruini I didn’t love you then and I won’t love you now. Why do you keep trying?”


A thoughtful look crossed his dark face and a flicker of resentment made itself obvious in his heart.


“I can’t help the way I feel about you Jasmine, just as you hate me, I can’t stop from loving you…” he said wistfully.


Jasmine knew she would never love him and hated the fact that he would never stop from chasing after her…no matter what she did she would always feel his presence around her.


Curiosity formed inside her as she stared at him. “So what have you done all this time? Why me, hasn’t some other girl caught your attention…or do you love tormenting me too much?”


He gave her a playful look and licked his lips. A moment later he smiled at her.


“But don’t you know? I’ve been keeping a close watch on you…ever since that day…”


“What are you talking about?!” Jasmine could feel alarm race through her mind in flashes.


He grinned. “Do you remember the last words I spoke before leaving you?” he asked her.


She sighed, Ruini wasn’t one to be honest.


“You said that it wasn’t over…”


He nodded. Lowering his head he took her in with his memorizing gaze and held her spellbound.


“…and this is far from over princess…”


She turned away from him and tried to clear her head. Every time she was with him, she felt as if he had her under some sort of spell.


“Let me take you back princess…I want you to remember…” his voice was soft and left her with only confusion.


He reached out his hand and stole hers with it. As she struggled to escape him, Jasmine could hear the faint incantation of a spell. Before she could break away Ruini held her tightly and she felt herself lost in his embrace.



Back to index


Chapter 20: Chapter 20: Forever

Author's Notes: thanks for the great reviews guy ;)




Chapter 20: Forever


“Where are we?” Jasmine asked as she looked around her, unable to recognize her surroundings.


“You don’t remember my kingdom?” Ruini started as he led her across the throne room. He gave her a smile.


“It isn’t how I remembered it,” Jasmine pointed out. “It’s different somehow.”


Ruini looked around and a light burned within his fiery depths. “That’s because I brought us to the future…”


Jasmine spun around and stared at him, unable to understand. “The future…but that would mean….”


Ruini grinned dangerously. “That I had the power to change the sands of time and alter history?”


He shrugged his shoulders. “It’s just another thing I forgot to mention…but we’ll get to that later…”


He threw her one of his ruthless smiles, his eyes were as dark as ever. Casually he folded his arms across his chest and sighed.


“Which ultimately means…that instead of marrying that worthless street rat…I can make it so that I’m the one you spend forever with…”



“Don’t make me laugh Ruini…you already know how much I despise you.”


His eyes were distant and darkened with each passing moment.


“I could just make you love me.”


Jasmine laughed, her fear replaced with strength.


“I would never love you, and there’s nothing that will ever change that Ruini…nothing.”



He turned, his eyes flashing with rage. Jasmine stepped back.



“Nothing?”


Before she could react she felt his arm wrap around her and once again she was lost in darkness…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Ruini stepped out of a swirling portal into a dark room lit only by the faint glow of a single light. He shoved Jasmine away from him and disappeared into the darkness without another word.


Jasmine stood in silence, panic taking over her.


A moment later he returned, and this time he wasn’t alone. He dragged a form into the light and Jasmine saw Mindy’s pale and frightened face stare back at her.


“Let her go! This is between you and me. No one else!” Jasmine shouted, moving to help Mindy.


Ruini roughly pushed Mindy into a corner and she fell into the stone wall. His eyes were burning with fire.


“She’s mine now,” he replied looking directly at Jasmine.


Jasmine felt tears in her eyes, but held them back. “Why are you doing this? Let her go and I’ll do whatever you want…”



Ruini’s eyes darkened to black, rage building inside him, waiting to explode.


“No…I’ll keep her just to torment you…maybe she’ll be of use to me. But it won’t matter. In seven days Jasmine you will marry me,” he threw her a deadly look. “…and if we don’t wed by that time…your dear friend will suffer a most horrifying death. Am I clear?”


Jasmine’s legs felt as if they would collapse at any moment and she fought hard to keep standing. She swallowed her fear.


“Yes.”

Back to index


Chapter 21: Chapter 21: Unfamiliar Thoughts

Author's Notes: thanks for the great reviews ;) they really encourage me.

keep it up!


Chapter 21: Unfamiliar Thoughts


“Good,” Ruini replied as he glared back at her in annoyance. He turned towards Mindy who lay shivering on the ground in fear of him.


“Let’s play a game Mindy…shall we?”


And without a second look back he grabbed Mindy’s arm and turned to Jasmine. He flashed her a quick, dangerous smile and both of them disappeared into the darkness.


Jasmine tried to run after them, but before she knew what was happening she was grabbed from behind. She turned and gasped in surprise.


Julian and Michael stood on both sides of her and held her trapped in their grasp.


There was no escape. Jasmine’s heart dropped when the identical smiles of the boys met her eyes.


She knew they would make her pay…



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Ruini stepped casually through a dark portal into a palace of his own, while Mindy stumbled behind him. He smirked at her and locked his eyes on her own.


“Like it Mindy?” he asked her, his eyes never leaving her own. Mindy swallowed her fear back and kept silent.
He laughed. The echo of his laughter hung in the air and dripped with disgust.


“I know you do. Mindy tell me what you desire…” he came closer to her, his eyes leveling with hers. “Tell me your darkest secrets…”

Mindy couldn’t help but gasp at his blunt suggestion and looked at him stunned.

“Why do you really want me here? Jasmine’s the one you want,” she pointed out as if it were obvious.

He smirked, his lips forming a sexy grin as he listened to her.


“Jasmine…yes she’s the one I truly desire…but what can I do when her affection is clearly elsewhere?”


She looked away from him…silently wondering what he was planning.


“She would never love me…and yet something tells me that if she had to…she would sacrifice herself to save the ones she truly cared for…this is why I have you.”


“What do you mean?”


A smile spread across his striking face. “I have a feeling …that if I enticed her to coming over to my side, things would turn out quite to my own advantage…”


“You’re crazy…” she whispered, afraid of what he might do.


“I know…but I will have the princess…” he lifted her chin so she couldn’t look away this time. “And you will help me get her…”

Back to index


Chapter 22: Chapter 22: Underneath it All

Chapter 22: Underneath it All



“I would never help you,” Mindy replied as she stared back at the sorcerer, hatred shining in her eyes.


“Oh really?” He turned and gave her a look that sent shivers to her heart and soul. “I think you will…”


Mindy felt frozen, her senses failed her as he kept her memorized with his gaze. His dark red eyes burned with such intensity that it transformed her fear into helplessness. He was in control here, and nothing dared to step in his way…


“Jasmine’s my friend…” she said, as if explaining to him.


“I know Mindy…but she’s not here right now, is she?” He stepped towards her, closing the space between them. He had mastered the art of seduction, and he knew no girl could resist his charm.


“But…” Mindy fumbled with her words. Somehow they came out weak and afraid.


He smiled and came closer. “Let me take away your fear…” he whispered dangerously into her ear.


“No…” she replied. But her voice was a whisper.


His eyes were so memorizing…she felt lost in them. They pulled her in and kept her trapped within his powers. She knew that she couldn’t fight it.


“Let me show you…”


“I can’t…” Mindy began as his lips pressed forcefully against hers. She wanted to pull away, but she felt herself responding to his kiss…wanting it to last. He finally pulled away and stood just inches from her face. The sorcerer smiled and reached out, his long, slender fingers tracing the outline of her lips.


“You will obey me…” he chanted as he spoke a few more words. Words in an ancient forgotten language wrapped around her and she felt herself falling into his spell.

Carefully he brought his face to hers and stared at her, his powers burning in his rapacious eyes. A smile crossed his face as he once again brought his lips to hers…keeping her trapped within his spell.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Unhand me!” Jasmine shouted at her captors. She struggled against their hold, knowing all too well that she was no match for their powers.


“But we want to play…” came Michael’s voice teasingly.


“Yeah…come on it will be fun…” replied Julian’s playful tone.


“In your dreams!” the princess retorted as she tried to slap away their hands.


“You know,” Julian began, “I don’t think she’s too fond of us…”


“No…but we can fix that,” replied Michael, his face painted with malice.


“No, let me handle this…”


The three of them turned suddenly and Jasmine gasped in surprise.





“Mindy what…”


“Silence.” Mindy stared at Jasmine and for the first time Jasmine saw something like hatred and jealously shining in her friend’s eyes.


Ruini appeared suddenly behind her. “Yes…silence is your best advice to follow princess.” He put an arm around Mindy and stared at Jasmine, his eyes playful and cruel.


“Mindy what has he done to you?”


“Nothing Jasmine.”


Jasmine was taken back from the very coolness in her voice. She turned to face Ruini.



“I can’t believe you!”


“Why princess?” Ruini looked at her now, his eyes drowning in resentment. “I told you that I always get what I want…now I have your friend…”


“Let her go!” Jasmine demanded. She took a step forward.


“No…I can’t do that princess…” he replied. His lips twisted into a grin. “Unless you have something to trade…”



Jasmine was speechless. Ruini would stop at nothing to have her…and now her friend was his as well…


“….I’ll give you anything…” she replied.



Ruini raised his eyebrows. “Oh really?” He crossed his arms and merely looked at her with question in his eyes.


The princess swallowed and looked at her friend.


“Yes…just let her go.”


“But I think I like having her around…” Ruini replied as he ran a hand through Mindy’s hair. “She might be of some use to me after all…”


“What are you planning?” Jasmine demanded, still staring at her friend in apprehension.


He shook his head and casually flashed her a smile.


“Now you know I’m not one to spoil surprises princess…” He smiled at her.
“…but I’ll let you know a little secret…”


Jasmine waited breathlessly as he paused.


“…when the sun sets tomorrow someone dear to you will…” he paused again.


“Will what?!”


“You know what? I’ve said too much…” he turned to leave with Mindy. Jasmine rushed after them.


“Wait!”


Just as the two disappeared into a swirling mass Jasmine caught Ruini’s lips form a careful grin…


She felt her heart flutter with uneasiness as she watched her best friend fade from sight.



For the first time, Jasmine let the doubt and fear inside her convince her that there was nothing she could do to fight him…

Back to index


Chapter 23: Chapter 23: Save Me

Chapter 23: Save Me



“I can’t do this anymore!” Mindy shouted at Ruini as they appeared in his palace. She hung her head in despair. “I can’t let you hurt my friend like this…”


Ruini just stared at her, his eyes curious.


“Mindy you don’t need her,” he cupped her face in his hands. “I’m the one who will watch over you now…”


His voice was soft and sincere. Mindy felt her heart flutter.


“Why are you doing this to me?” she asked him, her eyes shrouded in sorrow. She stepped away from him, her eyes distant.



“…She’ll never forgive me now…”



Ruini walked over to her and put his arm around her.
“I need you Mindy…” his voice drifted towards her and wrapped her in a haze.


He came closer.


“…trust me…” he whispered into her ear.



She shook her head and looked at him.



“Okay…” she whispered back. He smiled and kissed her lightly on the lips.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



“Mindy!” Jasmine shouted at the empty darkness. She could feel tears welling in her eyes as loneliness filled her. She was alone.


“You’ll see her again,” a voice spoke from behind her.


She turned and met his gaze and felt her heart freeze.


Michael grinned. “But she won’t be the one to save you.”



Jasmine turned away from him and closed her eyes, wishing that John were here to come to her rescue.


“We have to leave princess.”


The two men carried her off and Jasmine felt limp in their hold, unable to fight or pull away.


Something inside her accepted defeat and the reality of everything that had happened.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


“Allah save me.”


Jasmine whispered into the night. She laid on a bed that was given to her and stared silently out the small window where the moon was shining down upon her.


Her prayer felt helpless and quiet against the night and she closed her eyes. The last few days flashed before her and clouded her memory.


She imagined getting through this and feeling safe in the arms of her love. With all her strength she dreamed that John was there to tell her somehow things would turn out alright and that everything happened for a reason.


Jasmine turned over in her sleep, wondering what that reason was.

Back to index


Chapter 24: Chapter 24: Questions

Author's Notes: yeah it's short...but the next chapter will be up soon ;)


Chapter 24: Questions


“Jasmine…”


Jasmine woke up and looked around her. In the darkness she could barely make out a form.


“Who’s there?” she said fearfully as she carefully approached the figure.
The moment she recognized the figure she raced and put her arms around him.


“John…I’ve missed you so much,” she whispered in his ear, letting hope once again fill her heart.


She pulled away and looked him in the eyes.


“How did you find me?”


He grinned at her and reached out, running his fingers across her hair.


“Does it matter we’re together…finally.”


Jasmine felt something tug at her heart.


John moved closer and put his arms once again around her waist and held her close.


She closed her eyes and they kissed. It was sweet and nothing like Jasmine had ever felt before.


“What?” John asked her as she looked at him with question in her eyes.


“Nothing…you’re just different somehow.”


He laughed. Jasmine felt a shiver run through her and knew something was horribly wrong.


John turned his back on her and when he faced her again Jasmine was speechless.

His eyes were darkened and cold.


Ruini appeared a moment later and put his arms around the princess.



“Why Jasmine…I thought you would be happy to see your love…”



Jasmine continued to look at her boyfriend like she never had before.


His eyes glared back, completely lacking the love she had once seen in them. They were replaced with indifference and darkness.


Ruini’s voice once again met her ears.


“I think we all can get along with the right…” he paused.



“…motivation…”


Back to index


Chapter 25: Chapter 25: Gone Forever

Author's Notes: Yes it's the last chapter!!!

okay...well let me tell you that there will be a sequel...because this one ends in a way that implies something else will happen...but enough talking.



Chapter 24: Gone Forever


“What is it that you want Tyler?”


Jasmine turned and faced him, her eyes burning with a fierce hatred and mistrust. She felt her heart race as his eyes stared back at her with unrelenting desire.


“What I want is for you to join me…to marry me Jasmine…” his words were soft. Jasmine swallowed her fear as shadows danced across Tyler’s dark face. His stare seemed to burn through her, emptying her of every shred of strength and leaving only doubt. Silence lingered in the air.



“…Do this…and the lives of your love will be spared…otherwise I have no reason to not end this right now.”


She considered his words as they echoed through her mind with deafening certainty. There was no other way. Though her heart fought against it, Jasmine knew that she had to save the ones she loved, even if that meant her own life was forfeit.


“Let them go and I will join you.”



He smiled at her and leaned in to caress her face.


“I knew you would reconsider Jasmine…”


The sorcerer turned and cast a spell, opening a portal of darkness through time. He threw Jasmine one last glance before leading her into the swirling mass of time…



“Now the real fun begins…”


Jasmine could only look ahead at her new destiny…whatever it may be.



Something inside her stirred and she knew that this was just the beginning…



~*~*~Author's notes: thanks so much for the support and reviews on this one, you guys help inspire my writing! but...I need ideas for the next one...so if you have any feel free to tell me ;)

Much Love
Soohe

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=799