Captured by Soohe



Summary: What if Jasmine had been kidnapped and mistaken for a commoner when she ran away from the palace? This is a story of what would happen she had been sold as a slave to a ruthless ruler miles from her home. A story of courage and heroism of a woman who refused to give up hope.
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Aladdin, Jasmine, Mozenrath
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 07/21/06
Updated: 10/07/11


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: New Rules, New Life
Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Wishing for the Impossible
Chapter 3: Chapter 3: New Lands
Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Escape
Chapter 5: Chapter 5: A City Beyond the Horizon
Chapter 6: Chapter 6: Safe?
Chapter 7: Chapter 7: Jewel of Paradise
Chapter 8: Chapter 8: A Proposal
Chapter 9: Chapter 9: Simple Instructions
Chapter 10: Chapter 10: Darkness
Chapter 11: Chapter 11:Freedom
Chapter 12: Chapter 12: Temper


Chapter 1: Chapter 1: New Rules, New Life

Author's Notes: yeah a bit more detailed than my last story, but hopefully good. tell me what you think of it :)


Chapter 1: New Rules, New life


Jasmine struggled to get up but her legs were staggering with pain that coursed through her body like poison, threatening to choke her.


A man hovered over her, his lips formed into cruel smile as he brought back his hand and grabbed her, forcing her to her feet.


“Disobeying me? I don’t think so…” and without a second to think he struck her with the back of his hand, so she fell back and hit her head against the cold stone floor.


As she gasped for air, Jasmine could feel her heart beat wildly with rage at the man looking down at her. As she stared back at him she could feel her anger running through her blood and filling her heart.


She brought her hand back and slapped the man across the face with as much strength as she could muster.


He fell back in surprise, but quickly retained his composure.


“You'll regret that princess,” was all he said and he left her alone.


Jasmine could feel tears burning in her eyes, but she refused to let them fall, she would never show weakness.


Her heart felt heavy as she got to her feet and looked out across the desert, where she was miles from Agrabah…

The sun was beginning to set, casting a fiery crimson glow across the land and with it, Jasmine’s heart fluttered with hope.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Wishing for the Impossible

Author's Notes: okay this story is set before Jasmine ever knew Mozenrath...just to let ya know


Chapter 2: Wishing for the Impossible



Jasmine opened her eyes as the sunlight came pouring in through the bay windows. She closed them, wanting to believe somehow that this was a nightmare she would soon awaken from.


Marcos voice came ringing through the air like a warning to her ears, and she knew she would pay for her disobedience.


He grabbed her arm and dragged her off into another room, his face twisted with anger. Jasmine knew that he would find a way to try to break her spirit, unfortunately for him, Jasmine was a fighter and had more will power than he could imagine.


The room they were now in looked vaguely like a prison, solid walls of cement surrounded them and there were bars on the windows.


A cruel smile swept across Marco’s face as he let Jasmine go. When he spoke his voice was cold and unforgiving.


“Soon Jasmine I will be rid of you, a man has decided to buy you, so you’ll be his responsibility now.”


Jasmine just sneered despite the growing hatred she felt towards the man. “When my father gets a hold of you I’ll make sure that you’ll pay for this,” she said through clenched teeth.


Marco just stared back at her, his eyes cold and unfeeling, the very lack of any warmness gave her the impression this man had never been shown any in life.


“You’ll never get that chance.”


A moment later he turned and left her alone in the cell. Coldness surrounded Jasmine but she didn’t bother to bring her arms together for warmth. She swore that this soulless man would pay for his evil endeavors, if it was the last thing she did.

She wondered who this buyer was and what he would want with her. Jasmine shook her head and looked towards the sky as the sunlight hit her face she felt comforted by the warmth and knew that she had to push aside her fears if she was going to survive this.


She prayed silently for the day where all this would be just a memory.


A new arrival brought her back to reality. She turned and met a man whose skin was as pale as the moon on a starless night and eyes so dark you could see the resentment and loathing burn within.


Marcos reached out his hand and swiftly freed Jasmine from her cell, and basically threw her at the man.


The man’s smile was harsh, but amused at the same time as his eyes swam with interest at the sight of her.


“Who are you?” she asked him, her voice commanding, as if to cover any fear she had in her heart.


The man grinned as he answered her.



“Mozenrath.”

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3: New Lands

Chapter 3: New Lands

The golden afternoon sun shone down upon the two travelers as they made their way across the desert. Jasmine could feel beads of sweat on her forehead as they continued, but she ignored the heat and decided she better start thinking of a plan to escape from her new “master.”

All he had told her was that he was a ruler of the Land of the Black Sands~ wherever his kingdom was, Jasmine didn’t know. But by his dark appearance and uncaring manner, she guessed that he wasn’t a kind ruler, his appeal was ruthless, without mercy or compassion.

Jasmine gave her horse another kick and knew that running away was out of the question, at least for now. She had no idea how far from Agrabah they were and even if she did manage to get away the heat and lack of water and food would be enough to lead her to her death. She shook her head, still…


Mozenrath’s voice spoke beside her,


“It’s a long journey, and I would advise you to stay close,” he said seriously, his eyes narrowed as if to emphasize his point.


Jasmine didn’t need to be told again, she knew if she was caught escaping there would be hell to pay.


What did this guy want from her anyways? Jasmine let her thoughts wander, at least it HAD to be better than being with Marcos.


Jasmine thought of her father and how worried he must be, and realized how running away caused more complications than it was probably worth. She never imagined being sold to a ruler of magical power would ever be her fate.


Soon they came to a small oasis and Mozenrath stopped and got off his horse, signifying Jasmine do the same.


“We’ll rest here and move on when at sunrise.”


Jasmine merely nodded, she had to at least pretend to be obedient to gain his trust. She realized it was almost evening and a coolness had washed over the desert, as the burning heat evaporated from the air.


Mozenrath fashioned chains around her ankles to restrain movement and Jasmine grinned angrily at him.


“In case you’re tempted princess to run off,” he said giving her a snide smirk.


So this man knew she was a princess, what else did he know? Jasmine shuddered as she came to the conclusion that he might also figure out a way to use that to his advantage.



She had to be careful…

Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Escape

Author's Notes: don't worry it's not the end of Mozenrath...he might just turn up later...lol


Chapter 4: Escape


As the desert sun disappeared behind the horizon, Jasmine stirred uneasily in the tent Mozenrath had set up.


She tested the chains he had placed around her ankles and sighed in dismay as they held, the weight itself too much for her to walk against.


Sitting in the darkness, she knew no other way to escape, at least for the moment. Then she remembered the keys to the chains were around Mozenrath’s neck. Now if she could just get them…


His tent was only a few feet away. Jasmine got up very carefully and slowly made her way over to it. She pulled back the flap with the utmost care and saw him there, sound asleep.


Little by little she inched her way closer to him, her fingers tingling with fear. When she was only inches from him she saw the keys shining faintly in the dark around his neck. Jasmine held her breath as she reached for them, knowing that if she were caught…



As she lifted them from his neck, the sorcerer turned in his sleep, causing Jasmine to stop, holding her breath in fear.


A moment later however the sound of his deep breathing reassured her that he was still safely asleep.



Jasmine very slowly exited soundlessly, knowing that anything could wake him up. Her heart was racing as she unlocked the chains and quickly made her way to her horse, glancing back at his tent.


No movement was detectable, which was a huge relief. She kicked her horse and they sped off into the distance.



Although Jasmine didn’t know where she was headed, she felt in her soul that whatever lay ahead she had to face the best she could and eventually find a way back home.

Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 5: A City Beyond the Horizon

Author's Notes: Thanks for all the great reviews!!

they really inspire my writing :)


Chapter 5: A City Beyond the Horizon


As the sun peaked just above the horizon a warmth encircled Jasmine as she made her way through the desert alone. Every now and then she glanced backward, sure that Mozenrath was hot on her trail, but was comforted when she found that he was no where to be found.


The city appeared in front of her and she dismounted her horse and continued the rest of the way on foot. As she entered the city she was surrounded by a whole different life than she had always known living in the palace.


Kids and their parents roamed through the streets while vendors sold their fruits, jewelry and bread to any willing customer.


Jasmine passed by, unnoticed and made her way to the palace gates. She knew that her only chance of returning home was to reach someone who could take her there.


The guards stopped her at the gates and asked her what her business was.


She raised her head, confidently. “I’m princess Jasmine of Agrabah and I have come quite a ways to speak with your ruler. In terms of returning home safely is my only concern.”


The guards noticed her jeweled band and let her pass, believing her story to be true.
In the palace:


“…and that is my story.” Jasmine finished speaking and looked up at the sultan in front of her.


He smiled and spoke very kindly. “Well let’s not waste any time, I’m sure you are tired. Rest here in the palace and tomorrow I’ll make sure that my finest soldiers return you safely home.”


Jasmine thanked him and was led to a guest room by his servants.


She rested on the big, comfy bed and before she knew it she was soon fast asleep, dreaming of finally escaping this nightmare and returning home.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Mozenrath spotted a city in the distance and his eyes narrowed with resentment. No one escaped from him, especially a princess, a woman nonetheless.


His lips formed a cold, cruel smile as he approached the city, sure that the princess had made it there.


After dismounting his horse he made his way up to the palace, knowing that soon the princess would regret she had ever crossed him…

Back to index


Chapter 6: Chapter 6: Safe?

Author's Notes: sorry- i know that it's short! but the next chapter will be up shortly :)


Chapter 6: Safe?


Mozenrath observed the palace very carefully. He couldn’t just barge in there and take the princess, the task demanded something more extravagant, more planned.


The palace was separated in three different sections, each with about a dozen or so rooms. But he figured that the left wing was reserved for guests, and that the room the princess would be in would be one that was lavish, not just any guest room.
Night surrounded him and he knew that would take to his advantage. With a wave of his cloak he appeared in the palace.


As he swiftly made his way down the halls his eyes stopped at a particular room, one whose door was engraved with precious stones and jewels- this had to be the room.


He appeared in the room a second later and his eyes fell upon the sleeping form of the princess.


A cold smile ran across his face as he grabbed her arm without sympathy. Jasmine’s eyes instantly shot open in surprise, but before she could even speak, Mozenrath had transported them back outside the palace.



“You’ll pay my dear princess for escaping me,” Mozenrath threatened as they disappeared into the night.

Back to index


Chapter 7: Chapter 7: Jewel of Paradise

Chapter 7: Jewel of Paradise


Jasmine could feel her heart beat wildly as they sped off into the desert. An unmistakable danger lay ahead and she had no idea what to expect.


Soon she realized that the sand had turned black, instead of its usual golden sheen, it had become as dark as the night.


A huge castle met her gaze as they rode faster and faster towards it, Jasmine could feel a coldness draw the warmth from her body as she looked overhead. Black ominous clouds circled above, blocking out everything and filling the air with its shadow.


Mozenrath jumped off the horse as it came to the entrance, Jasmine quickly following suit.


“What is this place?” she asked curiously.


Mozenrath smiled at her. “My domain, the Land of the Black Sands.”


Jasmine just blinked. Some place, it emitted only sorrow and pain.


Mozenrath looked at her, his eyebrows raised slightly. “Now do I have to force you inside, or will you do things the easy way princess?”


Jasmine just frowned at his words as she followed him through the palace doors, wondering silently how she would escape him this time.



He led her down countless hallways lit with torches, each one darker and gloomier than the rest.


“This is where you’ll stay princess,” he said leaving her in a room not unlike her old one at the palace.


“I escaped once, Mozenrath. What makes you think I will stay here for long?” she threatened him, knowing that it was daring, and almost foolish.

He however seemed more content than before, wearing a smile that was both teasing, yet dangerous.


“This time princess, I’ll be more careful,” he said turning to leave.


She heard the lock sound as he closed the door and groaned. She knew it was stupid to challenge a man that could easily overpower her, but at the moment she didn’t care. She needed to escape!


Jasmine pounded on the door in anger, knowing that it wouldn’t open. She leaned against the cool metal and closed her eyes, wondering if she would ever be able to return home again.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Mozenrath entered his library, a frown twisted on his face as he searched through his countless books and journals.

At last his eyes fell upon a very ancient book that had a symbol engraved on the front in gold.


He opened to a specific page and began to read:


“There is one that holds the power to reach the Mountains of Goldimere, “the diamond in the rough.” He alone can obtain the Jewel of Paradise and release its power. The man is known as Aladdin, a commoner among the streets of Agrabah and he alone can surpass the numerous tasks at hand to reach the jewel.”



Mozenrath stopped reading as a smile formed on his face. This was the key he needed to get what he wanted. Whoever this Aladdin was, he would bring it to him.

Back to index


Chapter 8: Chapter 8: A Proposal

Author's Notes: this is a little off the topic...but i think i need to clarify something. i DO try to make my stories as orginal as possible and recently someone was kind enough to tell me that one of my stories was too similar to another authors so i ended up deleting the whole story. it is my sincerest apololgy that this ever happened in the first place. and if you have anything to say about this i prefer that you tell me(either by email) directly...so that i can fix whatever the issue is. please i can take whatever critism you have and really deserve the truth. again this is blut but i know it had to be said... anyways i'm thinking of taking a break from writing for now... but any comments are always welcomed.


Chapter 8: A Proposal


“Find some other guy to do your dirty work,” Aladdin shot back after Mozenrath had finished telling him about the Stone of Paradise. He pushed the sorcerer aside roughly, he had better things to worry about than fetching some stone.


Mozenrath frowned, he was definitely used to getting his way, and this time it would prove to be more difficult task.


“Look Aladdin,” he said dangerously soft, putting out his hand to stop him from leaving. “I don’t think you understand what I’m proposing.”


Aladdin laughed easily. “Oh I understand, and I’m saying no way.”


Mozenrath was losing patience, but he would get what he came her for. His eyes flashed with fury as he pulled back his hand.


“Okay how about I just kill you!” he shouted suddenly enraged and shot a bolt of lightning at Aladdin, barely missing him.


“Who the hell are you?” Aladdin demanded, realizing that the man in front of him was more powerful than he let him believe.


Mozenrath sneered, leaning against the crumbling wall next to him, his rage slowly ebbing away.


“Someone that you should never cross,” he said simply. He crossed his arms and looked at Aladdin lazily as he turned to leave.


“I could offer you more than you could ever imagine…” his voice drifted off as Aladdin faced him once again, suddenly intrigued.


“Why should I trust you?” he asked, suspicion dripping from his voice.


Mozenrath just smiled, his eyes darkening as he spoke.


“What do you have to lose?”



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Later that night….



Jasmine paced the length of her room, knowing that whatever reason Mozenrath had her here couldn’t be good news for her.



“You know…” Jasmine turned suddenly at the sound of the voice and met Mozenrath’s cold, but slightly teasing glance.


“I wonder why someone in your place would ever want to run away princess…was the palace life too boring for you?”


Jasmine could sense of sarcasm in his voice and sighed, knowing someone like him would never understand.


“And why would someone like you want a princess Mozenrath?” she shot back, her eyes just as determined.


He chuckled and crossed his arms carelessly in front of his chest, eyeing her with a look that was slightly unnerving.


“Oh I don’t know, for fun…my own amusement. But you must have learned something useful all that time locked up in the palace.”
His eyes were questioning her and she looked back confused.


“What do you mean by that Mozenrath?”


He grinned, his lips now forming a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes.



Back to index


Chapter 9: Chapter 9: Simple Instructions

Chapter 9: Simple Instructions


“Now the instructions are clear. Bring back the stone and survive all the traps that lie in the way, got it street rat?” Mozenrath shot him a look that said you’d better not try anything funny.


Aladdin scoffed. “And what will I get in return?”


Mozenrath smirked, “You’ll have to see, but trust me it will be worth the trip, the prize is something beyond what money will buy you,” and he left it at that.


The sorcerer handed him a piece of parchment and gave Aladdin one last look.


“Don’t screw this up Aladdin because I doubt you can afford the consequences if you do.”


Aladdin merely nodded at his words, heading towards the first marker on the map.


“Oh and one more thing,” Mozenrath added casually.


Aladdin turned. “What’s that?”


“Don’t die.”


Mozenrath smirked and waved his hand to the boy as if simply awaiting his return.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“So princess, how do you like my home, comfortable?”


Jasmine turned and met Mozenrath’s unpleasant form as he leaned against the wall of her room wearing his usual grin.


“What do you really want with me Mozenrath, you obviously know who I am, why keep me here?” she said getting straight to the point.


Mozenrath laughed softly and coldly.


“Oh princess you should know by now the value you hold. The sole heir to the kingdom of Agrabah, come now, tell me that you didn’t see this before?”


Jasmine sighed, Mozenrath wasn’t one for small talk.


“You know when my father…”


Mozenrath cut her off. “Your father is laughable princess, ill suited to rule over such a kingdom. But that’s besides the point.”


Jasmine raised her eyebrows. “And what would be your point Mozenrath?” she asked.


“Ah…princess. One such as yourself shouldn’t meddle in such affairs. A princess is only good for one thing. And I don’t know, maybe if you’re lucky I’ll consider taking you as my bride.”


Now it was Jasmine’s turn to laugh. “Yeah right Mozenrath, you can’t honestly believe that I would even considering marrying someone like you?”


Mozenrath continued to look at her coolly, unfettered by her comment.


“I never said that your compliance mattered my dear, I could care less whether you like me or not, but I always get what I want.”


Jasmine sneered at his words, he was truly unbelievable.


“I doubt someone such as yourself could ever comprehend exactly what love is Mozenrath,” she shot back.


His eyes darkened slightly as he ran his finger over his lips in a careless gesture.

"Only fools fall in love princess, but you wouldn't know that would you? You've never had the chance to fall in love have you?”


Jasmine backed away slightly, her nerves shocked with his words.


He turned and gave her a thoughtful look.


“And you will learn to obey me princess, I don’t quite think you understand what I’m capable of.”

Back to index


Chapter 10: Chapter 10: Darkness

Chapter 10: Darkness


“I’m not afraid of you,” Jasmine said raising her head arrogantly. She wasn’t about to let someone like Mozenrath scare her. He smirked and moved closer to her, his eyes lingering on her.


“I admire your confidence princess…”

Jasmine felt her nerves tingle with exhilaration as he moved closer to her.


His hand lightly ran over her bare arm and she shuddered involuntary at his touch. His smile grew even bigger.


“Why do you think I chose you…”

He brought his lips to hers and kissed her passionately, without thought. She wanted to pull away, but her body betrayed her. His lips were warm against hers and she felt herself kissing him back, wanting more from his touch. His danger and power sparked her interest.


He was the one to finally pull away. His pleasure was apparent when his eyes gleamed with untamed desire.


“You surprise me princess…”


It was crazy but somehow she was drawn to him…there was a connection. She knew he felt it too.


“...there is nothing that I cannot give you…” his voice made her heart beat faster with excitement and fear. It felt so wrong…to be here agreeing with a demon of a sorcerer…but she felt curiosity battling her doubts.


“Be with me…” Mozenrath stared at her carefully, “…and the world will be yours…”



Back to index


Chapter 11: Chapter 11:Freedom

Author's Notes: hey i'm finally writing again! i know it's been a while...


enjoy ;)


Chapter 11: Freedom


Jasmine pulled away; surprised she let him kiss her. But her heart still raced with excitement. She knew it was wrong, but a part of her wanted to see what it was like…to fall in love.


“You’re crazy.”


Mozenrath smiled, teasing her. His eyes were shining with mixed emotions.


“It’s up to you…but I know what you want princess…” was all he said.


She crossed her arms and laughed mockingly.


“And what would that be?” she asked him in disbelief.


“Freedom,” he answered as if he knew her. He smirked at her silent reply and turned from her.


“But it’s your choice…” and he left, vanished into nothing.


Jasmine sat along time alone, lost in thought. Was he right?


She sighed, not wanting to believe the truth of his words…


“Oh Allah, what have I got myself into?” she prayed.

Back to index


Chapter 12: Chapter 12: Temper

Chapter 12: Temper


Jasmine’s heart had never known what love truly was....love was like an unattainable dream that was far away from her....but some part of her knew that the kiss she had given the sorcerer blindly was not completely out of love.

Her mind and heart collided with one another, nothing made sense to her anymore and she sighed heavily in confusion. She was just a prisoner to him. But she felt the lines between them begin to blur, leading into a dangerous game.

He had a darkness in him that she knew was a fire she shouldn’t be playing with at the cost of her life, but it was pulling her in the longer she stayed in his castle. A fire of power, she had never tasted...


There was a light knock upon the door of her room and the princess pushed away from her thoughts to answer it.

Mozenrath stood elegantly in the doorway, a smile teasing her as he held out his hand for her.

“Dinner, princess?” He said nonchalantly, his manner naturally cool and collected. He was so calm she wondered if she had imagined everything from last night; was it a fantasy playing in her mind?

Jasmine hesitated, her hand hovering just inches above his as she silenced her instincts, following him down the hallway to the dining room.



Dinner was as elegant as the master who had created it, matching the meals she had had at the palace growing up. She had finished her last bite of roast tenderloin and wiped her mouth shyly with a cloth napkin.

Royalty was something they both seemed to have in common, both in seats of power and influence, ruling over a populace. But she knew the power he held was different then the one that had always been her birthright....she had never met someone who was as ruthless as him, or someone who placed his life before others.

He sipped his wine casually, watching her silently....His eyes seemingly lost in their own world. Jasmine’s face began to flush as his unwaveringly gaze continued to study her...

She picked up her glass and sipped more water as an obvious distraction to escape his uncomfortable watchful glare.

“Was I your first kiss?” He asked her unexpectedly, his eyes never leaving her face.

She quietly and slowly looked up from her glass and met his eyes. Eyes which were shadowed with dark intent, a grin of arrogance was teasing her.

“How could you even suggest--” She stopped when she saw the look written on his dark face. His smile was beginning to annoy her...She turned away and crossed her arms angrily in front of her, mentally distancing herself from the sorcerer.

Mozenrath merely chuckled more for his own pleasure than anything else. He was enjoying this game, which seemed to be in his favor.

“You’re too innocent princess....you should really be more careful. Those who see your natural trust in people will take it for their own advantage....” His voice trailed off as he swirled his wine glass and took a sip.

His cool demeanor burned rawly against her senses, she resented the patronizing tone his voice had taken so thoughtlessly.

“You have no idea who I am!” She cursed, her pride ruling over her restraint, proving his words true. She breathed heavily, failing to hide the fact he had gotten underneath her skin and was slowly beginning to shake her confidence.


His manner was unchanged...he seemed undisturbed by her sudden, untamed outburst.

“Princess....princess....princess.....” He continued in the same tone, “you’ve always had such a temper, better control your emotions better, or they might begin to control you....”

A hint of fore warning edged his words, he wanted more then to play with her. He seemed to know something she didn’t, but his eyes wouldn’t give anything away.


“I don’t need your advice---” Jasmine began to speak but this time, she bit her lip and buried her resentment towards him.

She sighed, and straightened her shoulders, meeting his gaze with fierceness.

“I demand you take me home,” she said in a royal manner, which only those of a princess could make.

Mozenrath smiled, returning her words with amusement.

“You’re not going anywhere princess...not until I get what I want.”

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=802