Another Tale of Love by Soohe



Summary: What would happen if the sultan never changed the law so that Jasmine could marry Aladdin? would their destinies eventually bring them together or will their love be lost forever?

This is the story of what would happen if the ending of Aladdin was changed...
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 07/24/06
Updated: 07/17/07


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Good bye?
Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Fate
Chapter 3: Chapter 3: All that Matters
Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Find a Way...


Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Good bye?

Author's Notes: Disclaimer: i don't own aladdin, jasmine or the sultan, they are characters of disney.
This story begins right after Aladdin freed the Genie, if the law was never changed so Jasmine could marry the one she truly loved... (I'm re-writing parts of the story because it's been so long since I've worked on it..don't worry updates will be very soon and as always I'd love to hear what you think!) Thank you for your patience, love always Destiny


Chapter 1: Good bye?


“Is this the end?”

A deep and utter coldness entered Jasmine's heart, stealing the last warmth and love she had for him. Her own eyes met the ground as she forced back tears.

His touch was gentle as he lifted her chin. Jasmine's heart softened as he took her hands in his.


“I will always you Jasmine,” Aladdin said kissing her lightly on the forehead. He would do anything to stay with her, but he knew he had to leave. Staying would only make it harder on both on them.


As he turned to leave he kissed the princess’ hand and whispered in her ear. “Our love will never end. Don't forget about us Jasmine.”


Jasmine could feel warm tears fall down and didn’t even bring her hand up to wipe them away. Her heart felt as if it would shatter into a million pieces as she watched him disappear into the city.


“The law cannot be changed, I am truly sorry Jasmine,” came her father’s voice with utter finality.


Jasmine turned towards him and couldn’t find the strength to speak. Everything had come crashing down around her and no one could comfort her now. She had lost her one true love and never knew if they would ever meet again.


She felt her feet carry her to her room in a daze and realized with pure sadness that she would soon have to decide what prince to marry.



This time there was no way out of her fate, and soon she would be married…

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Fate



Chapter 2: Fate


Jasmine's eyes met the dazzling sunlight pouring in from her balcony window the next morning. She closed her eyes tightly. She wished immensely night would come again and she could escape within the unreal fantasy of her dreams. She swallowed her pain and forced herself to get out of bed.


Her father insisted that she see other suitors, stressing the fact that after today she HAD to decide which one to marry.


She put on her usual blue outfit and placed her sea green princess band across her forehead. A grim frown was reflected back at her in the cool glass. Her deep brown eyes darkened for just a moment as they rested on the delicate pale white flower Aladdin had given her the night she fell in love with him. Her heart still struggled to believe fate had been so cruel...


A knock at the door startled her from these thoughts. She knew it was her father. He came in cautiously as she ran a brush absently through her hair.


“Jasmine I know how you felt about Aladdin…”


“…but the law cannot be changed,” Jasmine finished, already knowing the law from heart.



She turned to face him, sorrow still in her heart as her thoughts fled to Aladdin.


“I will never love anyone else, father. Can’t you understand that?” she asked him, her eyes deep and pleading.


Her father just hugged her lightly, his words soothing. “I know Jasmine. And if there were any other way…”


His voice drifted off, but Jasmine already knew what he meant. There was no other way, the law had decreed with cruelty that they were not going to be together.


The sultan cleared his throat. “There’s another man here. The prince of Arbiasan has asked for your hand in marriage…”


Jasmine closed her eyes, hoping to stop time, anything from seeing another suitor.


“I have no other choice do I?” and with that she followed him to the throne room to meet her next suitor, knowing her heart already belonged to her love.


She sighed, wondering if she would ever find him again…



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aladdin stared with helplessness at the palace, Abu on his shoulder.


“I’ve lost Jasmine, all because of some law that says she can’t marry anyone but a prince,” he said out loud, still unwilling to believe it.



Abu sighed sadly at his side. Aladdin looked towards the palace with a deep wretchedness.


“There has to be a way Abu.”


He would find a way to win Jasmine back, no matter what it took, and he was willing to sacrifice everything...






Back at the palace…



“Pleased to have met you Prince Lazarus,” Jasmine said, impossibly trying hard to sound genuinely sincere.


A smile met the Prince's striking flawless face.


“And you as well,” he replied smoothly.


Jasmine barely glanced at him but as they were formally introduced, but as he brought her hand to his face and kissed it lightly his eyes held a memorizing hold upon her.

They were a deep, unfathomable midnight blue shade that were impossible to read. Dark black hair hung casually over his eyes and playfulness lined his words.


Her father had unfortunately informed her that he was by far the richest and most powerful of all the suitors she had seen, and the best match in terms of politics and economical influence.

She could tell by his swagger and self-assuredness he already believed they would be married within the hour.

She smiled to herself despite the shadow hanging over her. Jasmine didn’t care if he owned the seven deserts, there was no way she would ever marry him.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3: All that Matters

Author's Notes: Thank you so much for your reviews everyone! As always your comments, suggestions and advice is always welcomed :)

Read on...


~Chapter Three~ All that Matters


Jasmine glanced over her shoulder as the sun was disappearing behind the royal palace. For an instant a crimson light was cast over the city and then darkness covered the skies.

Walking quickly through empty alleyways and paths she finally made it to her destination. A brief smile crossed her face as she stepped through and her eyes met those of her only true love.

“Jasmine what are you doing here?” Aladdin asked as he embraced her. He pulled away and held her face in his hands.

“I love you Aladdin, I don't care what the law says. I know this was supposed to be...” Jasmine whispered to him, taking his hands in her own.

“I don't want anyone else...”

Aladdin felt his love for her grow with every moment they were together. Everything in the world was threatening to break them apart and all they wanted was to be together.

“Jasmine...” He couldn't find the right words to express what he felt deep in his heart. He loved her more than anything and would easily give his life to defend her. But he knew that her happiness mattered more than his right now.

“Listen, I love you Jasmine. More than life itself...” he began. She smiled and rested her head on his chest.

“Then let's run away together...”

Her words broke through Aladdin's thoughts. He held her close, not willing to let go.


“Jasmine,” he finally pulled away from her and sighed deeply.

“We cannot change our fate. You deserve better than this...to be with someone that can offer you whatever you want...”


Aladdin's words startled Jasmine as she tried to read what was truly in his heart.

“Aladdin...” she took his hand but he couldn't look her in the eye.

“What I want more than anything is true love,” she knew her words weren't convincing him.

She took his hand and lead him to the window where millions of stars lit the night sky in a dreamlike brilliance.

“So many nights I dreamed of my prince...someone who would see me for who I truly was. A guy who would see past the royal title and the expensive, elaborate lifestyle and care about me,” she looked at him and her deep brown eyes reflected with a silent unbearable loneliness.

“I met so many men who fooled me into thinking they could offer me that...and every single time their hearts were filled with nothing but lies and deception. They only wanted power, riches...but you were different. You saw me and loved me without any questions and I know you would do anything just to keep me safe.”

Aladdin looked at her and sighed. He could never hide his true feelings for her. He didn't even know why he was pushing away the only thing that mattered the most in his life. Perhaps he wanted to save her...

“Aladdin I love you and only you. If I could choose anyone in the world to be with, I would be with you to the very end. You're the prince I've waited so long to meet and fall in love with.”

And with those last words she left him to his own thoughts. A moment before she stepped back into the night she turned and looked back for just a moment.

Her eyes revealed her love for him and he couldn't hide his heart from her.


He wished to say how much he loved her and needed her to stay, but he couldn't. The moment passed them by and all he could do was give a faint smile.


Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Find a Way...

Author's Notes: As always...R & R


Chapter Four: Find a Way...

Prince Lazarus looked disdainfully at the scene in front of him. Images of Jasmine and Aladdin together swirled together as a familiar darkness awakened within his heart. He stared indifferently at the moments made between the couple and his face became distorted with insatiable jealousy.


The princess' heart belonged to another? His heart raced with incurable resentment. A street rat nonetheless...

He knew it didn't matter. The law decreed she had to marry someone of royal blood, a prince. Though the prince knew the laws, he always knew there were exceptions..loopholes in the system. He looked once more at Jasmine's face illuminated by the pale moonlight and sighed. She would never love him.

He waved his hand carelessly and the image faded into a dark mist. Lazarus laid down on the bed and crossed his hands behind his head in thought.

If he couldn't make her love him there had to be another way...

A smile snaked across his memorizing features, distorting his face in shadows.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jasmine knew Aladdin would do anything to save her, but as she laid restless in her own bed she wondered if there was anything she could do this time to save herself.

Aladdin would always be there. But something didn't feel right as her eyes closed filled with confusion.
In the depths of her heart she knew she would have to save herself and fight for what she truly believed in.

Silently she prayed for a way for them to be together. But the night was filled with only silence as the sun was beginning to rise on the horizon.

She smiled despite the growing doubt in her mind. She didn't care what it took she would find a way...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aladdin watched the sun rising above the horizon and his heart grew heavy with despair. Time was running out and he knew it was only a matter of time before Jasmine was forced to choose a suitor.

He hadn't slept all night thinking about her. Ever time he closed his eyes the image of Jasmine's face filled his dreams and the thought of losing her was unbearable.

Why had fate decided that their love was never to be?

He took one long look at the palace, knowing someone like him could never truly fit the lifestyle and glamor of royalty.

But his love for Jasmine was stronger than any barriers that could ever come between them. All he needed was to find a way....

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=805