Shades of Good and Evil by laurelstar73



Summary: A woman makes a choice that will forever change the life of a young girl, Violet. As she sells her own child to save the life of her husband, she leaves her in the care of a ruthless sorcerer who has his own reasons for her...
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Aladdin, Jasmine, Mozenrath, Original Characters, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 08/04/06
Updated: 09/04/06


Index

Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: Chapter 1: New Home
Chapter 3: Chapter 2: Here we Are
Chapter 4: Chapter 3: Helpless


Chapter 1: Prologue

Author's Notes: mmm...tell me what cha think ;)



Shades of Good and Evil



Prologue:


“Do you have it?” A woman asked quietly, her voice edged slightly with fear. She looked silently into the moonless night as the stars shone above against a pure black sky and let out a sigh. She wondered if she was doing the right thing, but knew there was no way to turn back now.


The man across from her stood elegantly, adorned in long robes of ebony and azure. A cool, careless smile caressed his face and he easily produced a very small vial from the inside of his robes. A light bluish, purple liquid reflected against the glass.


“And the child…” his voice trailed off. The woman began to speak when a small child’s voice echoed into the night.


“Mommy I wanna go home,” A girl appeared from behind her mother. Her soft hazel eyes sparkled like her spirit and she nervously tucked a strand of her long black hair behind her ear.


The sorcerer stared back at her while his eyes gleamed with malice. He handed the woman the vial, his eyes never leaving the child.


Without another word the woman was gone, disappearing into the streets of Agrabah.

The sorcerer closed in and grabbed the child as she screamed out helplessly, while no one else could hear.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 1: New Home

Chapter 1: New Home



A moment later the sorcerer wrapped his cloak around them both and they disappeared into thin air.


Violet found herself suddenly in a huge palace, darkened with walls painted with black and sapphire and lit only by torches. She watched in wonderment at the light as it flickered off the shadowed ceilings and softly illuminated the sorcerer’s dwelling.


“Land of the Black Sands,” was the only clue the man offered as he took a seat at his lavish throne, leaning back casually and looking carelessly back at the small girl.


“Where did my mommy go?” the girl asked. She looked at the man in front of her with nothing but honesty in her eyes.


The sorcerer smirked and rested his chin against his hand, as if he were not interested in the fact that the girl had literally been abandoned by her so called mother.


“You won’t be seeing her again, so I suggest you forget that you ever had a mother,” was all he said. His tone was cold, but soft at the same time.


Anger crossed the girl’s face as his words swam around her and forced her to believe the impossible.


“You monster, you scared her away,” she retorted, her features lined with anger as she approached him fearlessly.


He laughed without thinking and the girl stepped back a little, unsure of what to do. Suddenly he turned to her, a burning intensity in his blackened eyes.


“A monster? Now don’t you think that’s a little harsh Violet…truly you don’t believe me to be the villain here when your own mother was the one who sold you.”
Violet shook her head, her silky black hair falling softly around her and her deep brown eyes lit with a fire the man hadn’t ever seen before.


“It doesn’t matter I want to go home now!” she demanded.


He couldn’t help but smile at the girl’s strong-willed nature…but nonetheless the man knew that her own mother was now a lost cause.


“Oh but I though we were having a nice little conversation Violet, why on earth would you want to leave?” his voice came sarcastically.


She turned suddenly from him, having heard enough and as she was about to run from the room she brushed up against him.


“You can’t run from me girl, I suggest that you stop trying before I’m tempted to hurt you…” his voice trailed off.


“Who are you?” she asked, knowing now that this man would simply not leave her alone.


A cruel smile crossed the man’s face as he lifted the girl’s chin to face his own eyes.


“I’m your new master, Lord Mozenrath.”



Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 2: Here we Are

Author's Notes: hey, i know it's been a while since my last update, school has been taking a lot of my time up. but here is chapter 2,
hope you enjoy!

and thanks for the reviews ;)


Chapter 2: Here we Are


“Master?” Confusion crossed over her face as she fought to understand.


She only wanted to escape his palace and run as far as she could from the very coldness that now surrounded her and wrapped around her heart. A gust of icy wind blew in from the open windows and washed over her. As she crossed her arms to warm her shivering body he continued to speak.


“Yes. You will stay here now, this is your new home, and it would do nothing to try to escape. I don’t tolerate disobedience lightly girl and no one crosses me without suffering at my hand.”


She wanted to lower her head, knowing that it would be easier if she just accepted her fate and her new “master” but something inside her refused to give in.


“And what if I don’t like it here, then what would you do.” she stated, instead of asking.


Darkness slowly swept over his heartless features and consumed his very thoughts.


“You won’t have the option girl…you’re my property now.”




Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 3: Helpless

Chapter 3: Helpless


Violet could feel an icy wave of fear fill her senses as she struggled to fight the truth of his words.


“I’m no one’s property.”

A deadly silence filled the air as her words met the sorcerer with a cruelness and truth that surprised even him. He let a grin form on his dark face as he looked down at the girl before him, a deeper evil consuming his thoughts…


He felt the desire to break the child’s spirit overwhelming with each passing moment.


Violet looked away. Her heart wanted nothing more than to return to the safety of her own home, but she knew that was no longer an option.


Mozenrath’s mind played with a fantasy of showing the girl just how powerful he truly was.


He let out a long sigh and let time fall to his own advantage. She would learn that he was in control here.


“You’re quite spirited for a child.”


The sorcerer threw her a reckless grin that was only slightly scolding.


Violet shuddered under his unrelenting gaze.


“Just let me go home, please.”


Her voice begged as she asked him now, her voice fearful. He smiled.


“I can’t do that,” he replied unsympathetic. He crossed him arms and leaned against the marble column of his palace with a simply elegance that seemed natural.


“Besides why leave when the fun is just beginning?”


“This isn’t fun,” she replied stubbornly. She turned up her head and looked at him fearlessly.


“I don’t even like you.”


Mozenrath smiled darkly. He had to admire the girl’s strong nature…but something inside him hardened, he was not one to tolerate rebellion.


“I don’t think you understand…I can make your life a living nightmare. Now you don’t want that, do you?”


Violet met his challenge and refused to let him scare her. Her heart was determined to show him that she wasn’t going to back down.


“I can survive anything you could put me through.”



He laughed coolly as he stared back at her with interest.


“Let’s just see….”










Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=811