Love Tested by Cassim fan



Summary: Sequel to "Second Love." Mozenrath has tried to kidnap Diana. She reveals a secret to Cassim that had been kept from everyone she knew. Only Cassim can protect Diana from Mozenrath. Their love will be tested by the young sorcerer. Will it be strong enough to overcome the Lord of the Land of the Black Sand?
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Cassim, Mozenrath, Original Characters, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark/Angst, Poetry/Songs, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Second Love Chapters
Published: 08/08/06
Updated: 08/08/06


Index

Chapter 1: Secret Revealed
Chapter 2: Test Begins
Chapter 3: Test Continues
Chapter 4: Final Test


Chapter 1: Secret Revealed

Cassim held Diana to him, calming her as best he could. They had just gotten back to the palace after escaping Mozenrath. Diana was sobbing.

Cassim's heart went out to her. He didn't know what to do! He loved her greatly and wished she would tell him what was wrong.

He and Diana had been married for only a few months.

Cassim held her in his strong, muscular arms, stroking her hair with one hand.

Finally Diana stopped crying. She looked at her new husband.

"Cassim."

"Yes?"

"I have to tell you something."

"Okay."

"There's more to me than what you know."

"Meaning?"

"I'm a sorceress."

Her words hit Cassim like a load of bricks. He got up and walked out onto the balcony of their bed chambers. He looked out over the peaceful, sleeping city of Agrabah.

Diana walked towards him and stopped a few feet behind him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, obviously hurt that she had kept it from him.

"Everyone who knew I was a sorceress was killed. I didn't want that to happen to you."

Diana came up behind him and put her hand on his arm. He pulled away from her and looked at her, hurt and anger in his dark brown eyes.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want to lose you. I didn't tell you because I don't want you to be killed like everyone else I told before."

Tears welled up in her pretty brown eyes and began to flow down her face.

"I'm so sorry."

She burst into tears again. A moment later she felt Cassim's strong, muscular arms encircle her and pull her close. The warmth of Cassim's body enveloped her.

"I forgive you. I just wish you had told me sooner."

Cassim pulled back a little, lifted her head with his hand, wiped away a tear with his thumb, and kissed her softly.

His kiss was full of love.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Test Begins

Diana awoke the next morning and knew right away that Cassim was still beside her. His arms were around her, and the warmth of his body enveloped her as it had the night before. She smiled and cuddled closer to him.

"Good morning, Diana."

Diana looked over to see Mozenrath and his familiar, Xerxes, standing nearby!

"Mozenrath." she whispered.

A growl came from the doorway. Cassim awoke and saw Mozenrath. He leaped up from the bed and grabbed his sword.

Rajah stood in the doorway. Mozenrath froze the tiger and turned his attention to Cassim and Diana. He transported them back to his kingdom.

Cassim and Diana found themselves in the dungeon. Mozenrth stood outside the cell door.

"Cassim, I cannot allow you to live now that you know Diana is a sorceress. I'll give you one hour to say good-bye."

With that he disappeared.

"Oh no. He's going to kill you. I shouldn't have told you."

Diana began to cry. Cassim wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to him. She buried her face in his chest and continued to cry.

Cassim did his best to comfort her and reassure her.

(song begins)

Come stop your crying
It will be all right
Just take my hand
Hold it tight

I will protect you
from all around you
I will be here
don't you cry

For one so small
you seem so strong
My arms will hold you
keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
can't be broken
I will be here
don't you cry

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes you'll be in my heart
from this day on
Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart
no matter what they say
you'll be here
in my heart always

Why can't they understand
the way we feel
They just don't trust
what they can't explain
I know we're different but
deep inside us
We're not that different at all

And you'll be in my heart
Yes you'll be in my heart
from this day on
Now and forever more

Don't listen to them
'cause what do they know
We need each other
to have, to hold
They'll see in time
I know

When destiny calls you
You must be strong
I may not be with you
But you've got to hold on
They'll see in time
I know
We'll show them together

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

Oh, you'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart always,
Always.

(song ends)

The song had helped comfort Diana a little. Cassim lifted her head, wiped away a tear, and kissed her lovingly and tenderly on the lips.

If Diana had kept her eyes open a moment longer she would have seen a single tear trickle down Cassim's handsome, bearded face!

Back to index


Chapter 3: Test Continues

Mozenrath came down later and made shackles appear on Cassim's wrists. Cassim started to be dragged towards the cell door by Mozenrath's magic.

Diana threw herself upon her husband, holding him tight. Cassim kissed her lovingly on the lips one last time.

Diana did not let go. She was taken up to Mozenrath's lab with them.

Finally the young sorcerer got her away from Cassim. He blasted the man with his magic. The shackles disappeared as Cassim slumped to the floor.

"No! Cassim!"

Diana flung her arms around Cassim's limp form and sobbed. She took hold of his right hand.

It was cold. He was dead!

Diana consentrated her energy on bringing Cassim back. There was a flash of light, but everything seemed the same.

Diana lay her head on Cassim's shoulder and began to cry again.

"Diana."

Diana looked up and gasped happily.

"Cassim!"

Cassim sat up, and Diana hugged him tightly. Mozenrath was shocked at what he had just seen.

Diana had the power to heal and give life!

Diana, unable to help herself, in all her joy, kissed Cassim passionately for the first time! Cassim returned the kiss just as passionately!

It was their first and *only* passionate kiss.

Mozenrath knew that he wouldn't win and, shockingly, let them go!

Back to index


Chapter 4: Final Test

Many years had passed. Cassim had fallen ill and was near death.

One day he turned to Diana, who was looking after him.

"Diana."

"Yes, love?"

"Will you make me a promise?"

"Of course."

"Promise me that this time you'll let me go."

"What do you mean?"

"My time has come to an end."

Diana's heart began pounding, and she gripped Cassim's hand.

"Cassim, no. Please. Please, no."

"My time is over."

"Please, Cassim. Don't leave me."

"Diana, promise me that you'll let me go this time."

"Cassim..."

"Promise me."

"I promise." she sighed.

"Thank you."

Diana leaned down and gently, lovingly, and tenderly kissed him on the lips for the last time.

"I love you." Cassim whispered after she pulled away.

He said nothing else for he had passed on.

Diana lay her head on his chest and wept. Finally she left the room and told the others.

Though she wanted to bring Cassim back she had promised him she would let him go this time. She kept her promise.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=813