Hope by Cassim fan



Summary: Takes place a year after 'Aladdin and the King of Thieves.' Iago comes to the palace one day. He tells that gang that Cassim is dead! The sultan welcomes Iago back into the palace. For days Aladdin stays inside the palace, mourning the loss of his father. Not long after and stranger comes to Agrabah. His clothes are like Cassim's King of Thieves only they're completely black. He never takes the hood and veil down. Soon that gang begins to hear that he's been fighting crime and saving people. He is refered to as the Masked Defender. One night Jasmine is kidnapped by Abis Mal. Aladdin will not know who did it when he wakes up. Just when it seems hopeless the Masked Defender appears! He fights off Abis Mal and his men. Jasmine is free. (In this one Sa'luk didn't turn to gold so he's still alive.)
Rating: G starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Original Characters
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark/Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Cassim's Adventures and Quests.
Published: 08/15/06
Updated: 08/15/06


Index

Chapter 1: The Masked Defender
Chapter 2: Chapter 2


Chapter 1: The Masked Defender

Jasmine stood still, staring at the man before her. She saw that his features were the same as Cassim's, same height, same color eyes, same skin color, and same muscular build.

"Who are you?"

"The Masked Defender."

His voice was deeper than Cassim's.

"I meant, who are you really."

The Masked Defender walked towards her. Though she was a little frightened, Jasmine stood her ground.

The Masked Defender stopped in front of her. To her surprise and confusion he took her hand and brought up to his face. He put her hand against the veil over his mouth and nose.

"Pull the veil down, and see for yourself."

"Are you sure you want me to?"

"Yes."

Jasmine slowly pulled the veil down and gasped.

"Cassim, is it really you?" she whispered in a shocked voice.

"It's really me, Jasmine."

Jasmine smiled and happily threw her arms around her father-in-law. She stepped back after a few moments.

"I can't wait to tell Aladdin."

"No."

"What do you mean?"

"You can't tell anyone. Not even Aladdin."

"Why not?"

"Jasmine, I'm suppose to be dead. If you tell them that I'm still alive and the Masked Defender they'll think you're crazy."

"Why can't I tell Aladdin?"

"Because if he believes you, which he probably will, and sees me he'll probably call out or something. Then others will know who I am."

Jasmine was silent for a moment.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone."

"I promise." she sighed.

"Thanks."

Cassim pulled the veil back up.

"Lets get you back to the palace."

About ten minutes later they were on the balcony of the bed chambers Jasmine shared with Aladdin.

"Remember, don't tell anyone." Cassim whispered to her as he left.

Jasmine got in bed next to Aladdin, careful not to wake him up.

The next morning at breakfast Jasmine longed to tell everyone what had happened. Most of all, she longed to tell Aladdin who the Masked Defender was. She remembered her promise and didn't say a word about it.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2

A few days later Jasmine was on the balcony of the bed chambers she shared with Aladdin. Suddenly the Masked Defender came down in front of her.

"You scared me."

"Sorry."

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see how you were doing."

"Great. I can't say the same for Aladdin. He's still mourning."

"I heard about what happened."

Before Jasmine could say a word she heard a familiar gasp behind her. She whirled around to see Aladdin standing a few feet away.

"Jasmine, who is he?"

"Aladdin, this is the Masked Defender."

The man held his hand out to Aladdin. The prince shook it. Then he went back into the room.

"I better go before someone else sees me."

The Masked Defender got on the railing. He winked at Jasmine, jumped down onto the tree, and disappeared from sight.

A few weeks later the gang was out in the marketplace at night. They heard a sound come from the roof of a building.

Carpet flew them up there. They hid and looked to see what had made the noise. They gasped quietly.

The Masked Defender was fighting with Sa'luk! He was knocked down.

Aladdin tackled Sa'luk before the thief could kill the Masked Defender. Sa'luk threw him off and knocked him out.

The Masked Defender slammed into Sa'luk before he could kill Aladdin. The fight continued.

Aladdin regained consciousness to see the Masked Defender and Sa'luk dangerously close to the edge of the roof. Both were bleeding in many places.

The Masked Defender knocked Sa'luk over the side. Sa'luk grasped the edge. The Masked Defender took hold of Sa'luk's hands and got ready to pull them off the edge.

"If I go, I'm taking you with me." Sa'luk growled.

He suddenly grabbed the Masked Defender's wrists and launched his weight backwards! The Masked Defender screamed as he was pulled off the roof.

The gang all winced when they heard the two sickening thuds of the men hitting the ground below. They rushed down to where they lay.

Sa'luk was dead. The Masked Defender was barely alive.

Jasmine rushed over, dropped to her knees beside him, and cradled his head in her lap.

"Jasmine, what are you doing?"

The Masked Defender's eyes fluttered open.

"I think it's time they knew the truth. Pull the veil down."

Jasmine pulled the veil down, and the others gasped in shock.

"Dad?"

"It's me."

Cassim winced, clearly in great pain.

"Jasmine, you knew all along didn't you?"

"I only knew for a few weeks."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I promised Cassim I wouldn't tell anyone."

"Lets get him back to the palace."

"No, Aladdin."

"Dad, if we don't get help you'll die. I thought I had lost you once. I won't lose you for real."

They rushed Cassim back to the palace. The sultan made him a free man in Agrabah.

The royal physician took care of Cassim right away.

About a month later he was fine.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=822