Father and Son by Cassim fan



Summary: Takes place one year after 'Aladdin and the King of Thieves.' The gang has been captured by Mirage and taken far away. Aladdin knows that he can't save the gang on his own. He reluctantly gets Cassim to help him. Cassim agrees help right away since Iago had also been captured. Mirage sends monsters and other things to try to stop them. Aladdin fights them but merely ends up being saved by Cassim. Yet he refuses to admit that he needs his father more than anything now. Then durning one fight Aladdin is pushed over a cliff. There's no way for him to climb back up. Cassim reaches his hand down, but Aladdin won't take it. He doesn't have much time before the small ledge he is holding onto breaks. Will the new Prince of Agrabah finally swallow is pride and accept his father's help? If any time is the right time it's now!
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Abu, Aladdin, Carpet, Cassim, Genie, Iago, Jasmine, Mirage, Rasoul, Sultan
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Dark/Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Cassim's Adventures and Quests.
Published: 08/20/06
Updated: 08/20/06


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Chapter 2


Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Aladdin clung to the small ledge desperatly. It was starting to break. Up above him was Cassim.

The former King of Thieves was laying on his stomach at the edge of the cliff, reaching his hand down to Aladdin.

"Aladdin, grab my hand."

"No! I can get out of this myself!" he snapped.

"Please just grab my hand."

"No!"

The ledge was cracking.

"Aladdin, there is no way for you to get out of this yourself. Take my hand. Just this once accept my help. If you don't take my hand you'll fall and die. Do you want to do that to Jasmine?"

Aladdin reached up and grasped his father's hand. Just as he did the ledge broke.

Cassim, upon being as strong as two champion fighters, pulled his son up to safety easily. Aladdin flopped down on the ground.

"Thanks, Dad."

"Your welcome."

"I was too proud to admit this, but I need you now more than ever."

Cassim sat down beside Aladdin and put his arm around his shoulders.

"I'm here for you."

"When this is over will you come back with me to Agrabah?"

"I'll have to think about that one."

They made camp since the sun was already going down. They awoke early the next morning, ate breakfast, tacked up their horses, and set off.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2

Finally they arrived where the gang was being held captive. It was a strange land. It was much cooler than the desert.

Mirage's fire cats blocked them from reaching the gang.

"Bravo."

The two whirled around to see Mirage standing a few feet behind them.

"Mirage."

"Bravo, you two. You did better than I thought. You still won't win."

"I've heard that thousands of times. It's really old."

Mirage blasted Aladdin back.

"Aladdin!"

Cassim drew his sword and took the shield from his back. He stepped in-between Mirage and Aladdin.

"Leave him alone, Mirage."

"I'll deal with you first."

The fire cats disappeared.

Mirage made two swords appear in her hand. The gang watched as Cassim and Mirage began to fight.

Casim proved to be very skilled in using a sword and shield. He used both to block and attacked very well with his sword.

Aladdin freed the gang using Abu's lock picks. They all watched as Cassim and Mirage fought.

Before any of them knew it Cassim was standing at the edge of a cliff.

Suddenly he leaped high up in the air and flipped over Mirage. He spun around the moment his feet touched the ground and blocked her attack.

Then Mirage used her magic to send Cassim over the side of the cliff! She froze Carpet and Genie so they couldn't save him.

Aladin attacked Mirage in rage. After a long while his shield was knocked from his hand!

Suddenly they heard the sound of galloping hooves and a horse's neigh. A horse and rider appeared up on the hill. The gang lifted up a joyous shout.

It was Cassim! He was still alive!

Cassim galloped down the hill and struck Mirage with his sword.

"You may have won this time, but I will destroy you someday." she said as she disappeared.

Cassim slipped off his horse. Aladdin flung his arms around his father. The next moment he let go and stepped back.

"You're soaked."

"I know." Cassim said between chattering teeth as he shivered.

The gang laughed, and Cassim smiled. Genie made a blanket appear, and Cassim wrapped it around himself.

"Thanks." he said once again between chattering teeth.

"Dad, will you come back to Agrabah with us?"

The sultan came over.

"Cassim, I am going drop all charges against you and make you a free man in Agrabah."

Cassim looked at the gang.

"Alright. I'll go back with you."

"And stay?"

"Of course I'll stay, Aladdin! I'll stay 'til the day I die!"

Cassim happily spent the rest of his life in Agrabah with his son, daughter-in-law, and friends. He proudly watched his grandchildren grow up, helping them in times of need. He died peacefully in his sleep at the age of ninety-five.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=825