Living Life by Cassim fan



Summary: Sequel to 'Second Chance' by PMarie. Tells how life is as Isabel grows up in the palace. (sometimes it switches points of veiw.)
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Aladdin, Carpet, Cassim, Iago, Mozenrath, Original Characters, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark/Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Cassim's Adventures and Quests.
Published: 08/22/06
Updated: 08/22/06


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Chapter 3
Chapter 4: Chapter 4


Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Cassim was walking through the menagerie when he heard a familiar voice.

"Daddy!"

He turned around, bent down, and opened his arms. Iasbel jumped into them.

The three year old girl loved the feeling of her father's strong arms around her.

Cassim started to tickle her. She giggled and tried to get away. Cassim held onto her and kept tickling her.

"Daddy, stop."

Cassim stopped and looked at her with a mischevious grin on his face.

"Why?"

Isabel began to tickle him back! Cassim laughed, lost his balance, and tumbled over into the grass.

"Alright! Alright! You win!"

Isabel stopped tickling him and got off. Cassim sat up and looked at her. He suddenly whistled.

Carpet came flying into veiw. Cassim got up, picked Isabel up, and got on Carpet.

They flew over the busy city and out into the desert. After a while Isabel yawned.

"I think it's time for someone to take her nap. Carpet, head back home."

Carpet flew back to the palace. Isabel was already asleep by the time they got back home.

Cassim carried her to her room and put her on her bed. He covered her up and silently left the room.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2

Two years had passed since Cassim had been given a second chance. Isabel was now five. Aladdin and Jasmine had a son named Ali.

Isabel still didn't know about her father's past or her half-brother's past. The gang had all agreed not to tell her until Cassim was sure that she was ready.

(Cassim's point of veiw)

I was sitting on the fountain in the mangerie one afternoon. All of the sudden I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"Cassim!"

I looked up to see Iago flying towards me!

"Iago!"

The parrot literally flew right into my arms!

"Iago, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see you. I've missed you. It's been two years since I last saw you. I see that you're well again. What all has happened while I was gone?"

I chuckled and closed Iago's mouth with my hand.

"Slow down, Iago. I'll tell you later, but first there's someone you should meet."

With Iago perched on my right shoulder like he used to, I went into the palace.

(Iago's point of veiw)

We were nearing a room when we suddenly heard the voice of a little girl yell.

"Daddy!"

Cassim burst into a run so suddenly that I nearly fell off his shoulder! He entered the room and closed the door behind him.

A little girl about five years old was sitting on the bed, breathing heavily. Tears were trickling down her face.

"Isabel."

When Cassim said her name there was a love in his voice that was clear as day.

"Huh?" Isabel said as she turned and looked at us.

"Isabel, are you okay?"

"I had a bad dream."

I landed on one of the bed posts. Cassim sat down beside Isabel, pulled her close to him, and stroked her hair as she cuddled up against him.

(song begins)

Come stop your crying
It will be all right
Just take my hand
Hold it tight

I will protect you
from all around you
I will be here
don't you cry

For one so small
you seem so strong
My arms will hold you
keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
can't be broken
I will be here
don't you cry

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes you'll be in my heart
from this day on
Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart
no matter what they say
you'll be here
in my heart always

Why can't they understand
the way we feel
They just don't trust
what they can't explain
I know we're different but
deep inside us
We're not that different at all

And you'll be in my heart
Yes you'll be in my heart
from this day on
Now and forever more

Don't listen to them
'cause what do they know
We need each other
to have, to hold
They'll see in time
I know

When destiny calls you
You must be strong
I may not be with you
But you've got to hold on
They'll see in time
I know
We'll show them together

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

Oh, you'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart always,
Always.

(song ends)

"Cassim."

He looked over at me as if he had forgotten I was still in the room.

"Isabel, this is my friend Iago. He's the one we told you about."

I was surprised to see how much Isabel looked like Cassim and Aladdin.

"Would you like to pet him?"

"I sure would, Daddy."

"What did she just call you?"

Cassim grinned sheepishly and explained to me about Isabel.

"Oh."

Cassim took me off the bed post and put his hand out, with me on it, so Isabel could pet me. Her small hands were soft and gentle.

"Daddy and the other have told me all about you, Iago."

I flew over and landed on her shoulder. Cassim let his hand fall to his side.

"Cassim and the gang told you all about me?"

"Everything."

That made me a little nervous.

"Everything?"

"Of course we told her everything, Iago."

"Do Al and Jas have a kid?"

"Yep. He's so cute, too."

Cassim took me to see Ali. The rest of the gang was happy to see me again. I agreed to stay in the palace.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3

Five years passed since Iago came back. Isabel was becoming more like her father every year. She was stubborn, had a quick temper, and long, thick, wavy, ebony black hair. She was becoming more rebellious, too!

Cassim allowed Aladdin to tell Isabel the truth about his past, but the truth about Cassim's past was yet to be revealed to her. They all knew that it wasn't the right time for her to find out.

Before Cassim knew it five more years had passed. Since Isabel was a princess, upon being Aladdin's half-sister, suitors came for her, but she threw them all out just as Jasmine had!

She was even more rebellious. She got angry whenever Cassim tried to convince her to give a suitor a chance. She was yell at Cassim to stop treating her like a child and stomp off to her room.

This didn't help at all. Soon the gang could see that all the stress of every suitor being thown out was begining to take its toll on Cassim.

His dark brown eyes had lost their cheerfulness and joy, he hardly ever smiled, he never laughed, and he got very little sleep at night. Isabel's rebellious atittude only made it worse.

One day after the newest suitor had left Cassim went to talk to Isabel.

"Isabel."

"Go away."

"Isabel, I just want to talk to you."

Isabel walked over to him.

"Why are you doing this to me? Every one of these suitors doesn't really care about me. They just want me for my beauty and relation to Aladdin. None of them ever mention love, they are self-centered, and stuck up!"

For the first time in a long time Cassim's mouth turned up in a very small smile.

"Isabel, we're doing this for you. At least you don't really have a time limit like Jasmine did at first."

"I don't care about that. I just want to marry for love, not because I have to."

"Isabel, when the next suitor comes please just give..."

"Don't even say it! It's my life, Dad! I'm not a child!"

"You're sure acting like a child."

"I wish you would just qut trying to control my life! I'm not a five year old so don't treat me like I am!"

That was it! At that moment Cassim snapped! His temper, his patience, and his self-control snapped!

The next moment his hand went out and struck the side of her face! Isabel backed up a little, holding the side of her face and trying not to cry.

Cassim turned her head so she was looking at him.

"If you would stop acting like a five year I would stop treating you like one! No matter how old you are you're still my daughter, and I'm still your father! You do *not* talk to me that way! Do you understand?!"

Still trying not to cry, Isabel merely nodded. Cassim let go of her face.

Finally Isabel could not hld back her tears any long, and they began to flow down her face. Suddenly she felt Cassim's strong, loving arms encircle her and pull her close. The warmth of her father's body enveloped her.

"Oh, Isabel. I'm sorry, but I just wish you would give the suitors a chance."

When Isabel stopped crying Cassim whistled for Carpet. They both got on.

"Carpet, you know where to go."

Carpet flew to the ocean. There was a huge cliff in the water.

"Where are we?"

"A place I've tried so hard to forget."

"Then what are we doing here?"

"It's part of my past. I think it's time you knew the truth about my past."

Cassim held his right out.

"Open sesame!" he yelled.

The water parted and the mountian opened. carpet flew into the mountian. Isabel stared in amazement.

"Wow."

Carpet flew into the main room.

"What is this place?"

"The Layer of the Forty Thieves."

"The Forty Thieves? I thought it was all myth."

"No. It was real."

"How would you know?"

"You're looking at living proof that the Forty Thieves were real."

"What do you mean?"

"Isabel..."

Cassim puased, put his hands on her shoulders, looked into her eyes, and sighed before continuing.

"I was they're leader."

Isabel gasped and drew back.

"What?"

"For twenty years I was the King of Thieves, the most wanted man in the Seven Deserts."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I wanted to wait until I was sure you would understand."

There was silence for a moment. Suddenly evil laughter rang out. Cassim gasped aloud and shuddered. Isabel saw that his face was drained of all color.

"Dad, are you okay?"

"It can't be. He turned to gold."

"Who?"

"He sunk with the Vanishing Isle."

"Who, Dad?"

"Sa'luk."

Anger, bitterness, hatred, and fear filled Cassim's voice when he spoke that name.

"Bravo, Cassim. I see you haven't forgotten me after all."

Isabel saw a bald, muscular, gray skinned man, who was a little taller than Cassim, with three gold blades on his hand.

Cassim drew his sword and moved in-between Sa'luk and Isabel.

"What are you doing here? How are you alive? I saw you turn to gold."

"Some sorcerer brought me back."

"Mozenrath."

"Yeah, that's him. He just said that he wanted you dead. So do I."

"Carpet, Isabel, get out of here."

Sa'luk attacked Cassim. He stopped sa'luk's baldes with his sword.

"Get out of here! Now!"

"Dad, what about you?"

"Dad? Oh how cute."

"Oh shut up."

"What about you, Dad?"

"Iabel, go!"

"But,..."

"Go!"

"But, Dad,..."

"I said go! Get out of here! I can't hold him off forever!"

"Dad,..."

"Isabel, I said go!"

Carpet scooped Isabel up onto his back and flew out of the layer.

Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4

Carpet and Isabel had been waiting outside for a long while. Suddenly they heard a scream! They both feared the worst.

Then Cassim came limping towards them.

"Dad!"

Isabel stopped when she saw that Cassim was injured very badly, bleeding in many places, and nearly falling with every step he took.

Cassim looked up at them and collapsed!

"Dad!"

Isabel and Carpet rushed to his side. Carpet carefully picked Cassim and Isabel up and flew back to Agrabah as fast as he could.

Once back at the palace the royal physician was summonded right away. The gang anxiously waited outside Cassim's room for hours! Aladdin even began pacing.

Finally the royal physician came out.

"Your Majesty."

"How is he?"

"He's weak, but he'll live. Make sure he stays in bed and doesn't move too much or too quickly. He'll be in pain for a while so do what you can to ease his pain as much as you can without causing him even more pain."

"Thank you."

They all went into the room. Cassim greeted them weakly. They did as the royal physician had said.

Months later Cassim was fine. Isabel gave the suitors a chance, but threw them out when they proved to not be worthy.

Finally she met one prince her age and liked him. To her father's great joy, she chose him.

Five years later she married him. One year later she had a baby girl.

As Cassim looked down at the infant his handsome, bearded face beamed with pride, joy, and love.

Over the next five years Cassim proudly watched Isabel raise Anna. He knew that even though Isabel was a grown woman and mother she was still his little girl. Isabel didn't mind him saying that to her.

Cassim lived long enough to see Anna's firstborn child. Then he died peacefully in his sleep.

When Isabel died many years later the first person that came running to greet her was none other than Cassim.

Reunited with his parents, his true love, his only son, and now is daughter Cassim was happier than he had ever been while he was alive. He was whole again, this time never to be broken!

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=827