Together II by Cassim fan



Summary: Sequel to 'Together' by kingofthieves fan. Cassim, Carina, and Iago have gotten back to the layer.
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Abu, Aladdin, Carpet, Cassim, Genie, Iago, Jasmine, Mozenrath, Other, Rajah, Sultan
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark/Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Together Chapters
Published: 08/23/06
Updated: 08/27/06


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Chapter 2: The Curse
Chapter 3: Chapter 3
Chapter 4: Chapter 4
Chapter 5: Chapter 5
Chapter 6: Chapter 6
Chapter 7: Epilouge


Chapter 1: Chapter 1

It was early morning, just after dawn. Cassim and Carina awoke at the same time. They kissed good morning and got dressed.

Carina lay back down on the bed. Cassim stood at the foot of the bed, looking at her. Suddenly a boyish, mischevious grin came to his face. Carina saw it.

"What?"

"You might want to move over."

"Huh?"

Without warning Cassim literally dove back onto the bed. The next moment Carina was on top of him! They both laughed.

Carina leaned down and began kissing Cassim.

Cassim put his arms around her. Carina slipped her arms around his neck. The next thing they knew they were falling off the bed! As they fell the back of Cassim's head hit the nightstand!

He didn't even notice.

They stayed in the same position on the floor, still kissing!

Iago was awaken by a thud! He jumped up and flew toward Cassim and Carina's room. They door was ajar so he opened it a little more, looked in, and froze.

Cassim was on the floor, Carina was on top of him, Cassim's arms were around Carina, and Carina's arms were around his neck. They were kissing, their kisses quick, constant, and one right after the other.

Iago's eyes widened, and his jaw dropped. Suddenly he felt as though he was going to sneeze. He tried to stifle it but failed.

"Achoo!"

Cassim and Carina looked over and gasped.

"Iago."

Cassim sat with Carina still on top of him!

"What are you doing up so early?"

"I heard a thud."

Before Cassim could answer he became aware of the sharp pain in the back of his head and the feeling that some sort of liquid was running down his neck.

He put his hand to the back of his head. He felt something wet and sticky. He looked at his hand and gasped.

"What is it?"

Cassim showed them his hand.

There was blood on it!

Carina looked at the back of his head. Then she moved his hair aside to see that blood was slowly trickling down the back of his neck! She wiped away the blood and put a bandadge on his head to stop the bleeding.

"How did that happen?"

"I hit my head on the nightstand as we fell."

Back to index


Chapter 2: The Curse

Later that day Cassim and Carina were out enjoying an afternoon ride. Suddenly Mozenrath appeared in front of them!

"Mozenrath!"

"Hello, Cassim. Hello, Carina."

"You know who I am?"

"I know all about you."

"What do you want, Mozenrath?"

"I'm getting there, Cassim."

Mozenrath took out a pouch. He poured some dust of some sort into his gauntlet covered hand. He looked at Carina.

"Though now mature bare more children, but with each birth bare more pain than the last."

He blew the dust into Carina's face! She coughed twice.

"What did you do? What were you talking about?"

"Carina has just been curse."

"What?"

"She is able to have more children, but with each birth she will be in even more pain than the last. That includes the first child after the curse. She will be in more pain that she was when Aladdin was born."

Mozenrath disappeared before either of them could say a word.

Iago got Genie, who came to the layer right away. Cassim explained what had happened.

"Genie, is there anyway to lift the curse?" Carina asked.

"The curse is designed to end when you turn fifty. There is no way to lift it. I'm sorry."

"Thanks, Genie."

Genie went back to the palace. About a month later Carina was always feeling sick in the morning. Both she and Cassim had a feeling that they knew why, but they decided to have Genie run some tests just to make sure.

Cassim and Iago waited outside Cassim and Carina's bedroom for about an hour. Then Carina and Genie came out.

"Well?" Cassim asked as he stood up.

"I'm pregnant."

Iago fainted, falling off Cassim's shoulder. Luckily Cassim caught him.

"Why does that not surprise me?"

"It was obvious to both of us."

Cassim couldn't help but chuckle.

"You're right. Thanks, Genie."

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3

The morning Cassim awoke to find that Carina wasn't beside him! He got out of bed and ran to the cliff where Aladdin had fought Sa'luk. He leaped forward and grabbed Carina's arms before she could jump!

"Cassim!"

Cassim pulled her away from the edge.

"Carina, what are you doing?"

"You know what will happen if I go through with this. I will be in even more pain than I was when Aladdin was born. That pain was unbearable. I wouldn't be able to stand being in even more pain."

"So you're going to kill yourself?"

"Cassim, it's the only way."

Cassim still did not let go of her arms. He didn't dare release her.

"You're wrong."

"What do you mean?"

"You have another choice."

"What's that?"

"You can go through with this."

"Cassim,..."

"You told me that you wouldn't be able to get through with giving birth to Aladdin, but you did."

"But that's because you were right there beside me, encouraging me."

"I'll be right there beside you, encouraging you, for this child too. Carina, this a chance for us to make up for what happened all those years ago. This a chance for us to raise a child together. Isn't that what you always wanted?"

"Well, yes."

"Then go through with this."

"Promise you'll be right there beside me, encouraging me?"

"I promise. I'll stay by your side the whole time."

"Alright. I'll go through with this." Carina said as she hugged Cassim.

"We can turn this curse into a blessing."

Months later Iago came flying to the palace at Agrabah.

"Genie! Genie!"

"What is it?"

"It's Carina."

Genie transported Iago and himself back to the layer. He rushed into Cassim and Carina's room.

Cassim was kneeling beside the couch, holding Carina's right hand in his own right hand, and patting her forehead with a damp cloth with his left hand.

"Cassim, could you wait outside with Iago?"

Cassim got up and turned to leave. Carina grabbed his cape, causing him to stop and turn around.

"You promised me."

Cassim knelt down beside the bed again and took her hand once more.

"Genie, I promised Carina I would stay by her side the whole time."

"Okay. Keep patting her forehead with the cloth until she starts pushing."

Cassim did as he was told. Hours later Genie gave Carina the 'okay' to start pushing. With each push she would scream in pain, but Cassim, just as he had promised, was right there beside her, encouraging her.

"Okay, Carina, take a moment to breathe." Genie said.

Carina let her head fall back. Cassim tenderly brushed a stray lock of hair from her face.

"One more big push, Carina."

Carina tried for a moment then stopped.

"I can't."

"Yes you can, Carina." Cassim said.

Carina tried again, longer this time. Then she let her head fall back again.

"Cassim, I just can't."

"You *can* do it. Come on. One more big push and we'll have a new baby to raise and care for together."

"I can't do it, Cassim."

"Yes you can!"

"I can't do this. I'm not strong enough."

"Honey, listen to me. You *are* strong enough. You *can* do this. I know you can. I believe in you. Just think about it. We'll have a new baby to raise and care for together just like you always wanted. We can make up for what happened all those years ago with this baby." Cassim crooned.

Carina gave it all she had and pushed the baby out.

"Alright, Carina!"

Genie wrapped it in a blanket.

"It's a girl."

Carina gave a sigh of joy. Genie handed her the baby.

"You did great, darling." Cassim said softly.

He moved behind her and gently lifted the upper part of her body so she was leaning against him. He looked at the newborn baby over his wife's shoulder.

"She's beautiful, like her mother."

"She has your hair."

This was true. The baby already had a thick head of hair.

"Lets decide on the name later, that way we have time to think about it."

"Actually, I already decided."

"You have?"

"Yep."

"What did you decide?"

"Cassie, after her father."

"Carina." Cassim said, pretending to be annoyed.

Carina giggled, turned her head, and kissed him. Genie left the room so they could be alone. When they pulled apart Carina put the infant in Cassim's arms.

Cassim looked down at his newborn daughter. She was the most beautiful baby he had ever seen!

Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4

A few weeks later Cassim, Carina, and Iago left the layer with Cassie. They headed towards Agrabah. When they got there they went to the palace.

The gang all rushed over and hugged Cassim. Rajah tackled him and licked his face.

"Alright, Rajah. I'm happy to see you too."

With a mighty heave Cassim shoved the tiger off him. Aladdin helped his father up.

"Guys, there's someone you should meet."

Carina revealed what she was holding in her arms, and the gang gasped in shock. Aladdin fainted, but Cassim caught him before he hit the floor.

When the young man awoke the baby was in Jasmine's arms.

"Dad, an explination please."

Cassim explained what had happened with Mozenrath and everything else. Then Jasmine gave Aladdin the baby.

"What's her name, Mom?"

"Her name is Cassie."

"After Dad?"

"Yep. After your father."

"She's adorable."

Aladdin gave Cassie back to his mother, who merely put her in Cassim's arms.

At that moment the sultan came in. He went over to greet to Cassim and Carina.

"Hello, Carina. It's good to see you again."

"Hello, Sultan. It's good to see you again too."

"Hello, Cassim."

Cassim looked up and returned the sultan's greeting.

"What are you holding?"

Cassim showed the sultan Cassie.

"My word! Now I've seen everything."

Everyone laughed goodnaturedly.

"Sultan, this is Cassie."

The sultan moved his hands towards the baby.

"May I hold her?"

"Of course. Some of the others have already held her."

Cassim put his new daughter in the sultan's arms.

Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 5

Five years went by. One morning after she and Cassim got dressed Carina told Cassim that she was pregnant again. Cassim hugged and kissed her.

Six months later they were sitting on the edge of their bed, waiting for the gang to arrive for their visit. Cassim placed his hand on Carina's stomach. He smiled at her when he felt the baby kick.

Carina leaned in closer and gave him a quick kiss.

The gang came in. They hugged Cassim, Carina, and Cassie, who hugged them back.

"Are you excited, Mom?"

"Yes, and I'm nervous. But I'll make it through."

"How do you know that?"

"Your father will be there right beside me as he was when you were born, and as he was when Cassie was born."

Carina took hold of his hand and placed it just below his father's hand. Aladdin felt the baby kick. He smiled at his mother. He pulled back and went over to see Cassie.

Jasmine came over. She sat down beside Carina and hugged her again.

"May I feel?"

"Of course, Jasmine."

Jasmine placed her hand just below Cassim's hand. She smiled at both Carina and Cassim when she felt the baby kick.

"You must be so excited."

"We are."

"You will be too. Trust me on that, Jasmine."

"I trust you on anything, Carina."

Jasmine, too, went over to see Cassie.

About three months later Cassim and Carina were out riding. Carina had insited that they go for a ride. Cassim, not wanting to argue, agreed to go.

As they were heading back to the layer Carina suddenly screamed! Her sudden scream scared the living daylights out of Cassim! If his feet hadn't been in the stirrups he would have jumped out of his saddle!

Cassim turned in his saddle to see Carina clutching her stomach!

"Oh no. Not now."

Cassim grabbed the reins of Carina's horse.

"Hold onto the saddle! Ya!"

After they had gone a ways Carina yelled to him.

"Cassim, we won't make it back to the layer before the baby arrives."

Cassim saw a cave and turned their horses into it. He dismounted, lifted Carina from her saddle, rolled his cape up, and put Carina's head on it like a pillow. Then he took off his shirt, cut the sleeves off, and cut it down the sides so the back and front were no longer connected.

Then he carefully pushed Carina's dress up to her hips.

"Carina, something has happened to you. The baby is ready to be born right now! You missed the whole stage of labor!"

"How is that possible?"

"I don't but lets not try to figure it out right now. You need to push."

"I need something in my hands so I don't throw something at you or the horses."

Cassim pulled off his boots.

"They'll do. Thanks."

"Okay, now push."

Carina pushed, and as she did she screamed in pain. The horses flattened their ears but stayed put.

"You taught these horses loyalty alright."

"Carina, push!"

"Right."

"It's crowning! Come on. You can do it, honey!"

Finally Carina pushed the baby out.

"It's a boy!"

Cassim wrapped the baby in the front of his shirt and handed him to Carina. Just as he moved over to her side she let out a yell.

"Cassim!"

"What? I'm right here."

"We've got another one!"

"What!?"

"We've got another baby coming! Twins!"

Cassim grabbed the back of his shirt. Carina put the boy down. The horses came over and kept him from crying!

"Now if that's not the strangest thing I have ever seen in my enitre life I don't know what is."

"Don't talk, just push!"

"Right. Sorry."

Carina screamed as she pushed.

"Come on. It's crowning."

After a few moments Cassim spoke again.

"The head's out. Take a minute to rest and breathe."

After a few moments Carina looked at her husband.

"Cassim."

"Yeah?"

"Get ready. The baby is coming out."

"Carina, you haven't even gotten the shoulder's out."

He looked into her eyes and knew what she planned to do.

"You've got to be kidding! You won't be able to get the baby out like that."

"Just get ready."

Cassim did as he was told.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

"Here comes our baby."

Carina pushed with all her might. She screamed louder than Cassim had ever heard her before! The baby came out into Cassim's surprised hands! He looked up at Carina.

"You did it." he said breathlessly in shock.

She looked at him, breathing heavily.

"I did?"

"Yeah. You pushed the rest of the baby out in just one push."

"What is it?"

"We've got another girl. Cari, after he mother, who took a risk no other woman had ever dared to take to bring her into this world."

"The boy will be Aden."

"Okay. Aden and Cari."

Cassim put the twins in the waiting arms of their mother. Then he kissed her passionately.

Back to index


Chapter 6: Chapter 6

About a year later Carina prepared to give birth to her last child, a girl. When it was finally over she was weak, and her face was very pale.

"Cassim, take care iof the baby. I'll check Carina."

"Okay."

After a few moments the baby stopped crying.

"Genie."

"What?"

"Come here."

Genie came over. He checked the baby.

"The baby is gone."

Cassim wrapped her up completely in the blanket.

"How's Carina?"

"She's lost a lot of blood. It would be a miracle if she lived."

Cassim gasped quietly, and his face drained of all color.

"I'm sorry."

"Can you stay and watch Cassie and the twins? I want to stay with Carina."

"Alright."

Genie left the room. Cassim went over to the couch, knelt down beside it, and took Carina's and in his own. She looked at him.

"Where is she? Why did she stop crying?"

"Carina, she's gone. I don't know what happened, but she's gone."

"No."

Carina began to weep.

"Oh, Cassim. I wanted her."

"I know you did. I did too. You've got to be strong for Cassie, Aden, and Cari. You've got to be strong for me."

Miraculiously, Carina did live

Two more years passed, and the curse ended. Cassim and Carina happily raised Cassie, Aden, and Cari. The children did not know the truth about their father's past. It had been agreed that they would not know until the twins had come of age.

"Cassie, Aden, Cari, breakfast!"

"Coming, Mom!"

"Coming, Mommy!"

The three silbings came into the main room and ate breakfast.

"Where's Dad?"

"Your father is off on another treasure hunt with Iago. They shouldn't be gone long."

"Oh."

"Aden, Cari, lets go play."

"Okay."

Carina smiled as she watched her children run off to play.

A litte while later Cassim's horse came galloping in through the entrance by land. Cassim was slumped against its neck, unconscious!

"Cassim!"

Cassim awoke and lifted his head.

"Carina."

He got off his horse. Carina came over to him.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I've got a splitting headache, but that's it. Iago's the one I'm worried about."

Cassim took Iago from one of his saddle bags. The parrot was bleeding!

"What happened?

"We were attacked. By what I don't know."

"Lets get him to his room."

Cassie, Aden, and Cari came running. They hugged their father and followed him as he carried Iago to his room.

Back to index


Chapter 7: Epilouge

As the years passed Cassim and Carina proudly watched their children grow. Finally Cassim told them the truth about his past.

Though they were angry at first they forgave him for not telling them sooner.

As a few more years passed Carina became very weak. One morning she didn't wake up. Cassim gave a loud, mournful wail when he realized that she was dead. Cassie, Aden, Cari, and Iago rushed in upon having heard his wail.

Cassim's sobbing his heart out told them why he had wailed. Years later Cassim joined Carina for all eternity in paradise.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=828