Ties of Love and Hate (sequel to Forever in our Hearts) by Soohe



Summary: After they defeat Ruini and become friends with a familiar enemy, what lies in store for Aladdin and Jasmine? both have changed...but will their love survive the trials yet to come...or will evil prevail?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Aladdin, Jasmine, Mozenrath, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 08/23/06
Updated: 01/30/07


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: New Horizons
Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Truth Never Dies
Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Black and White
Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Warmth
Chapter 5: Chapter 5: Deceit
Chapter 6: Chapter 6: Lost Love
Chapter 7: Chapter 7: Another day, another promise Broken…
Chapter 8: Chapter 8: Twist of Fate
Chapter 9: Chapter 9: Familiar Faces
Chapter 10: Chapter 10: A New Tactic
Chapter 11: Chapter 11: Transformation
Chapter 12: Chapter 12: For now and Always


Chapter 1: Chapter 1: New Horizons

Author's Notes: hey...yes another sequel...even though i thought Forever in our Hearts was the last! lol.

anyways please just tell me what you think and feel free to write me (princessbeauty777@yahoo.com)

thanks guys ;)


Ties of Love and Hate



Chapter 1: New Horizons


“I can’t believe that it’s finally over,” Jasmine said softly, wrapped protectively in Aladdin’s embrace. He just looked at her, wonderment in his eyes, a flicker of sorrow shining in the depths of his heart.


“What?” she asked him.


He shook his head, clearing the thoughts that hung with doubt in his mind.
His words were soft and sincere.


“I almost lost you Jasmine….to a man that would hurt you without thinking. I should have been there to save you…”


Jasmine took his hand, looking with curiosity and determination in her eyes.


“Aladdin none of this was your fault,” she started and she paused when she saw the worry in his eyes. “besides,” she nudged him playfully, “you can’t always be the one to save me, I have to fight for myself sometimes Aladdin.”


Aladdin just smiled, his eyes unreadable and shadowed by the night as they headed towards Agrabah.


“Well it’s over. You’re safe now, that’s all I really care about Jasmine,” he replied as he lightly kissed her forehead.


As Jasmine rested her head against his shoulder she closed her eyes, relief overflowing her mind and soul. Her heart breathed a sigh of hope.


Aladdin stared off into the night still lost in his own thoughts…the image of Ruini and Jasmine kissing never leaving his mind. He wondered slightly if it had meant anything. After all, he was just a commoner, and Ruini had been a sorcerer, the most powerful one in the seven deserts. He could have given her anything, he thought resentfully.


As Agrabah appeared out in front of them, he wondered silently if they had seen the last of the sorcerer…




~~*~~~~*Note: i want to personally apologize to my readers...i promise i will try extra hard to not make the same mistakes that i have...please contact me if you have any thoughts on this. Truly am sorry guys.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Truth Never Dies




Chapter 2: Truth Never Dies


Two weeks later…


Mozenrath looked over his land shrouded in its own endless darkness, his expression far away and distant.


“Tell me Mozenrath….have you really turned to good now, or is it all just a front?” came a familiar and unwelcome voice.


The sorcerer spoke without turning, his voice tired and worn. His own strength was draining faster with every day and his powers were weak, too weak to fight him.


“What have you come here for?”


The man just smiled, a cool carelessness in his manner and a dark intensity in his gaze.


“You’d do anything to get your powers back, am I right?” the stranger inquired, confidence surrounding his voice and he approached Mozenrath as if he knew already that he would win.


Mozenrath now turned to face his foe, his arrogance gone and replaced subtly with a bitterness and confusion.


“I don’t have time for your games. Leave and never return.”


The man laughed easily, despite Mozenrath’s serious tone.


“You didn’t answer my question Mozenrath. And I have an offer impossible to refuse…”


His voice drifted off, as he waited patiently for the sorcerer’s reply.

Mozenrath’s eyebrows raised slightly, his interest getting the better side of him.


“What do you want?” he asked, curiosity lining his voice.


The man smiled coldly, a raging fire burning within the depths of his soul with fierce destruction.


“What you want…revenge.”

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Black and White

Chapter 3: Black and White


Mozenrath sighed. Slowly, he turned and faced his former ally with a glacial expression entwined with a slight mixture of hate and confusion.


A sharpness quickly returned to the sorcerer’s gaze as interest simmered in his dark spirit.


“I’ve lost my powers and Aladdin is no longer an enemy of mine.”


While the stranger met Mozenrath’s unrelenting stare he smiled, his manner unchanged.


“Oh really? People who have nothing to lose will do anything to get what they want. Aladdin is just in your way now,” his voice rang with a satisfied and alluring air.


As the man closed in on the sorcerer, his eyes burned again with destruction.


“And if you help me destroy him…I will give you want you have lost…”


Carefully, Mozenrath contemplated his words with precise calculation and replied quietly, “and what would you want in return?”


A lightless smirk swept across the stranger’s mouth as he let the emptiness of the silence answer his question…

Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Warmth

Chapter 4: Warmth


“I love you Aladdin, you know that nothing would ever come between us right?”

Jasmine’s voice wavered as doubt filled the emptiness she was feeling inside. Aladdin wasn’t like himself…he was distant, and most times he avoided her now.


“Jasmine I…” he began before shaking his head and turning away. How could he explain that he was afraid now…afraid that he would lose Jasmine forever this time.

Jasmine watched him leave as the cool air tousled her long ebony hair and brushed her warm tears as they cascaded down her face.


Her heart was aching for him and she missed the warmth of his embrace and the comfort his words would bring. He acted as if he didn’t even know her now and she worried that they were drifting apart…


“Troubled princess?” came a voice from the shadows.


Jasmine turned abruptly and sighed in relief as she saw Mozenrath stand only a few feet away.


“It’s Aladdin…I don’t know what is bothering him, he keeps pushing me away…”

Her voice faded and she searched Mozenrath’s eyes, as if looking for the answer to her increasing fear and doubt.


His eyes were gentle and she felt she could trust him now. Mozenrath gave her a reassuring smile and wiped away the tears that had fallen from her pain filled eyes.


“Don’t worry Jasmine…Aladdin just needs space…the both of you have been through a lot and we all deal with pain on our own terms,” he wrapped his arms around her and she felt safe in his embrace.


“Thanks Mozenrath,” she whispered as she pulled away and smiled weakly.


He just looked at her in wonder, his eyes hiding something she couldn’t quite catch.


“Anytime princess…”


He quietly left her, walking down the path to the gardens alone. Jasmine sensed something else in his words but thought nothing of it…she had to find a way to get Aladdin back. She felt her heart flutter with nervousness as she stared out into the starlit night. Her senses became sharp and her mind aware of everything around. They both had changed from their own experiences…and perhaps Jasmine had changed the most. She felt stronger somehow, with a fierce desire to keep living life as normal as she could.


She let out a strange sigh and wondered through the palace, searching for her only true love.




Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 5: Deceit

Chapter 5: Deceit


“Give this to the princess…” came a cold voice as a stranger pulled a dark vial from his robes filled with a dark red substance.


Mozenrath took it in his hand and stared distantly at the potion, silent wonderment filling his thoughts.


“You’re not backing down are you?” came the stranger’s voice.


Mozenrath shook his head and grasped the vial tightly as he pushed the thoughts of turning back away.


“No,” he answered as he shoved the vial into his robes and turned away without another word.


A cool and arrogant smile caressed the face of the man left alone as he swiftly abandoned the alley where they had met.


Later that night…


Jasmine wandered into the palace gardens and rested by the side of a large water fountain. She stared absently into the watery reflection and let out a sigh of disbelief as her own worry began to cloud her thoughts and emotions. Her own eyes stared absently back at her as her thoughts once again turned to Aladdin.

“Something wrong princess?” came a familiar voice. Jasmine didn’t look up, but replied with indifference.


“I can’t find Aladdin…I know he’s avoiding me…” her voice drifted into a strange silence as she closed her eyes and forced herself to think of something else, but the pain began to pull at her.


“This whole thing has changed us both…but I never imagined that he would want to be away from me…” she tried not to let her growing sorrow show.


“I’m sure that’s not the case.”


Jasmine looked up and a small smile formed on her face. A flicker of hope burned within her heart.


“Then what is it? Why would he refuse to talk to me?”


Mozenrath took a seat beside her and looked at her earnestly, his eyes shining with a deep affection that went beyond friendship.


“He’s afraid Jasmine of losing you…” he said with complete sincerity.


Jasmine shook her head, not wanting to believe his words.


“He knows that I would never leave him. He’s the only one I belong with,” she replied without hesitation.


The sorcerer’s eyes darkened slightly.


“If I had you I wouldn’t treat you this way Jasmine.”


She turned again to look at him and smiled.


“Thanks Mozenrath. You’re a true friend.”


Jasmine put her arms around him and cherished the feeling of being able to talk to someone. She desperately needed Aladdin now, more than ever before.


Mozenrath just felt the coldness of her embrace and thought of what was yet to come…


Soon Aladdin would be the last of Jasmine’s worries….



Back to index


Chapter 6: Chapter 6: Lost Love

Chapter 6: Lost Love


Jasmine slowly walked to her room as her thoughts continued to spin with uncertainty.

In her room she took the picture of them together and stared at it for a long time and felt her heart flutter with an unfamiliar feeling. Loneliness.


After all they had been through…


.Jasmine could feel the tears well up in her eyes and she fought desperately to hold them back.


She took out a small vile and examined it under the dim light. The red liquid moved easily against the glass and she wondered if she was doing the right thing.


Mozenrath promised had given her a sleeping potion…something to cure her stress. But still she hesitated.


She sighed. Mozenrath was their friend now, he could be trusted. She uncorked the bottle and swallowed the liquid.


Almost instantly a wave of exhaustion hit her and she crawled into bed. As her eyes fell to sleep she felt as if someone was watching her…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning….


Jasmine woke to the sound of the bird’s sweet melody singing outside her room and yawned as she got out of bed.


She walked over to her vanity and something felt different. She gazed at the picture of her and Aladdin together and for the first time she felt nothing. No warmth or love, just indifference. She picked up the picture and stared at it, unable to remember the way she felt about him, her senses unclear.


She pushed away these thoughts and got dressed in a lovely royal blue dress, applied her make up and headed towards the dining hall.


She realized that no one else was eating breakfast. The place across from her where Aladdin usually sat was empty and so was Genie’s, Abu’s, Iago’s and Mozenrath’s. Silence lingered in the air as she looked around, wondering where everyone else was.


“They went on a picnic,” a voice said. Jasmine turned and saw Mozenrath walk towards her.


“Oh…why didn’t they wake me?” Jasmine asked confused. She had woken up late, but she didn’t think the gang would leave without her.


Mozenrath smiled and replied, “They figured you needed your sleep. They didn’t want to disturb you princess.”


Jasmine sighed as she thought again of Aladdin. She felt as if they were drifting apart.


“He’s changed…” she began looking at Mozenrath. She wished that he would tell her differently, but his eyes revealed the truth.


“I know.”


“I don’t even know if I love him anymore…” Jasmine said. She realized what her words meant and immediately tried to cover them up.


“I-I mean that I don’t know if I can take much more of this…” she said.



Mozenrath looked at her and replied, “He’ll come to his senses soon enough, I’m sure of it.”


“Yeah I guess. Look I’m just going to rest, suddenly I feel really exhausted from all this.” Jasmine gave him a reassuring smile, as if to say that everything would turn out alright and left.


Mozenrath watched her go and resentment and jealousy burned in his eyes.


“Enjoying yourself?” came a mysterious voice.



Mozenrath turned and faced the man.


“I don’t know why I’m helping you destroy the love between the two people I care about.” He felt a nagging guilt pull at his heart.



“You’re helping me destroy the street rat that stopped you, remember?” the stranger’s voice came again. The man across from Mozenrath smiled and pulled something from his robes.


“I want to show you something…” he said and Mozenrath looked at him curiously.


The man produced another vial, but this one was different than the one before. Inside the essence of something shined pure red against the glass.


“It’s her love for Aladdin…” the stranger said, answering Mozenrath’s question.



“But how?” Mozenrath figured the potion he had given the princess wasn’t capable of such powers.


The man laughed.


“Simple…all of Jasmine’s love for Aladdin is gone from her now. She won’t even know why her feelings for him have changed.”



The stranger turned to leave and stopped. “Oh and one more thing…” he waved his hand casually and a shot of electric blue energy bolted through the air and entered Mozenrath’s hands.


“Your powers…as promised.”


Mozenrath watched him disappear into darkness and felt a strange familiar feeling enter his dark heart. Hatred.


He felt it grow and consume the love that once lived in his soul.













Back to index


Chapter 7: Chapter 7: Another day, another promise Broken…

Author's Notes: sorry for the very long delayed update! tell me what you think ;)


Chapter 7 : Another day, another promise Broken…

Jasmine stared out over the night sky as the sun settled below the dark horizon, her thoughts running together and muddled. She sighed…silently wishing she knew why she couldn’t find her love…or better yet find the passion and love she once felt for him.


“Jasmine…” A voice came softly behind her, startling her from her thoughts.


She turned surprised.


“Mozenrath…it’s only you…I…” she stopped and looked away ashamed. She had hoped it was Aladdin.


“I know how troubling this is to you…” he said as he came up beside her, throwing her a comforting smile.


Jasmine felt her heart flutter at his touch as he put a hand on her shoulder. A deep coldness ran through her veins and entered her heart. Something felt wrong…


“Mozenrath, what is going on?” she asked him and stared at his dark eyes, trying to figure out what he knew.


A smirk of arrogance graced his face, and for an instant she saw the old Mozenrath before her.


“Nothing at all princess…”


Jasmine was taken back by his tone and the title of princess. She brushed off his hand and threw him a dark look.


“I don’t know what you think…” she began when another voice interrupted her own.


“Why don’t you tell her Mozenrath…”


A dark shadowed figure emerged from the darkness and Jasmine took a step back, instantly remembering the man from her nightmares.


“Ruini…”


Her heart beat unpleasantly against her chest as she fought to fight her fear. She turned on Mozenrath, hatred and mistrust burning in her eyes.


“How could you?! I thought you had changed Mozenrath!” her voice was accusing and cold.


The sorcerer threw her a teasing glance and laughed.


“Evil never does change…haven’t you learned that by now my dear princess?”


Jasmine just stood still, unable to comprehend his words and what they meant.


Ruini stepped forward and took her hand.


“I’d worry less about him dear…and prepare myself for what’s to come…”


He threw her a dangerous wink and leaned in to whisper in her ear.


“…because it’s going to be one hell of a ride…”

Back to index


Chapter 8: Chapter 8: Twist of Fate

Author's Notes: finally UPDATED!!!

please R and R ;)


Chapter 8: Twist of Fate


Jasmine shoved him back towards the balcony, anger flashing across her face.


“That’s what you think!” she shouted as she ran towards her door, hoping to escape.


Ruini’s anger came quickly as he recovered from the fall and the humor vanished from his voice.


“You’ll pay for that sweet princess!” he shouted as he shot a bolt of crimson fire at her back as she ran.


She immediately felt the burning sensation spread through her nerves in intense pain and stumbled.


Jasmine knew she would never make it. She wished Genie were here but as she tried to scream for help her voice caught in her throat. She turned up to meet Ruini’s sarcastic glare, his eyes raging with fury.


“You don’t really get it do you?” he said dangerously as he grabbed her arm and forced her to stand.


“I’M IN POWER HERE!”


Jasmine smiled despite herself, “Not if I can help it!” she spat as Rajah attacked him from behind and dragged him to the ground.


“What’s all this racket?” Genie exclaimed as he bolted through the door. Immediately his eyes rested on Ruini.


“Genie bind him!” Jasmine shouted as Ruini was recovering from the attack.


“You don’t have to tell me twice!” Genie placed anti-magic chains on the sorcerer and turned to Jasmine.


“You okay?” he asked her.


Jasmine nodded firmly and looked around.


“He’s gone…” she said, mostly to herself.


“Who,” Genie asked confused.


Jasmine frowned disappointed, her eyes lined with anger.



“Mozenrath…” she answered.



Back to index


Chapter 9: Chapter 9: Familiar Faces

Chapter 9: Familiar Faces


As Genie forced Ruini to the palace dungeons Jasmine walked out to her balcony, her thoughts filled with confusion.

“It was almost too easy to capture Ruini…” she thought silently to herself as she watched the stars sparkle through the midnight sky.


Ruini was captured…and Mozenrath had disappeared without a trace during all the commotion.


A cool breeze blew across the desert and Jasmine brought her arms to her chest to keep warm, but it was her heart that was cold.
She felt she needed someone to hold her, just feel their warmth. But for the first time since she met him, Jasmine’s thoughts didn’t turn to Aladdin.


Confused, she wondered why her feelings for him were now fading…almost gone.



“Was it ever truly love?” she asked herself.


She sat for a long time…wondering if her heart had simply changed….


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ruini sat in the dungeons, wearing his usual dark and mysterious grin. His eyes were bright and burned with a fierce intensity.


Suddenly the door opened and a dark figure made her way down the steps to where he lay.


He couldn’t tell who it was, but he had a strong feeling of who it could be. His grin grew.


She easily unlocked the chains around his ankles and wrists with an easy motion. Her powers effortlessly broke through Genie’s bind.


“What took you so long?” Ruini asked teasingly, his lips forming a playful smile.


The woman smirked and the pale moon light flickered across her face and she pulled back the hood covering her identity.


Shocking blue eyes dazzled against her flawless olive skin. A smile graced her lips as she ran her hand through her long silky dark hair.


“Nice to see you again…Jade.”

Back to index


Chapter 10: Chapter 10: A New Tactic

Author's Notes: mmm...sry i know it's been a while,but tell me what you think- i need any comments to help me get better!

enjoy ;)


Chapter 10: A New Tactic


Jade smiled, her deep blue eyes sparkling with curiosity.

“Everything going to plan, then? No mishaps?” she asked him.


He rubbed his wrists, where a faint bruised line had begun to form from the chains and smirked.


“Perfectly,” he answered as he stared at Jade. She brushed back a strand of her long silky hair, putting her hand on her hip.


“What?” she asked, noting his gaze.


“Nothing,” he replied abruptly and turned to look at the dungeon doors. He turned back at Jade.


“We have to act quickly,” he instructed her, “you know what to do.”


She smiled easily and put her hood back over her head.


“Of course.”


He smiled mysteriously and held her gaze for just an instant, his eyes dark as ever.


“Till we meet again…”


And his form disappeared into the night, drifting silently into the shadows.



Back to index


Chapter 11: Chapter 11: Transformation

Author's Notes: any ideas? lol. i'm really thinking on this story...and please tell me whatever comes to mind..i'd love to hear from you!!

read on!


Chapter 11: Transformation


A snide smile met Jade’s lips as she watched him disappear. Ruini was always one for surprises…she just hoped this one didn’t end up like last time…


She put the hood back on her face, carefully hiding her appearance, and left the dungeon Her path in front of her leading directly to the princess’ chambers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine sat silently on her soft bed, her mind dark with the memories that she had longed pushed away.


Flashback:

“You’re as beautiful as ever,” a voice came from the darkness. Jasmine spun towards the voice, fear instantly clouding her mind.


Her eyes met an unwelcome familiar rival, but she knew it was impossible. She refused to believe it. How could he escape?


Jasmine kept her ground, refusing to let him stare her down.


“How did you escape?” she demanded, her eyes burning with a new fire. The man just gave her one of his devilish winks and his lips curved into a cold smile.


“You would be amazed at my powers princess,” was all he said. Jasmine could feel her heart skip a beat at the sound of his voice. It was more dangerous than she last remembered and it left her mind spinning.



“What do you want?” Jasmine knew he had come for a reason. The man just laughed easily.


“More than you could fathom.”


His voice was so unforgiving that Jasmine could feel it take away the warmth from her body, leaving her with coldness. She didn’t need to be reminded of what he was capable of.

He shifted his gaze ever so slightly, his eyes darkening in the moonlight, but still as intense as ever.


“I have something of yours,” his voice was playful and light. He was toying with her and her emotions.


“What are you talking about?!” she demanded, she was in no mood for his games. Still it was crazy, this couldn’t be happening again.


He tilted his head back in a casual movement, his expression ominous.


“The one person you cherish most. And to get him back it will take the ultimate price,” his voice hung in the air.


“Aladdin.” Jasmine said instantaneously. The man just smiled.



“Exactly.”


End


The princess shook her head, wanting to just erase those memories from her past forever. Somehow they always came back…


“Princess you look troubled? Maybe I can fix that.”


Jasmine turned and was met with Jade’s casual smile. Before she could do anything however Jade raised her hands in a quick effortless moment and her magic knocked the princess out cold.


Jade stood over her and smirked cruelly.
“Now doesn’t this look familiar,” she said to herself as she looked resentfully down at the princess, her blue eyes cool.


She scoffed and brushed her long brown hair from her eyes.

“Mmmm…this will never do will it?” she said aloud, as she looked at her self in the mirror.


She waved her hand over the reflection and smiled as her magic transformed her. Her once long auburn hair turned to a darker shade, and her eyes to a dark brown color.


When she turned from her reflection she was the mirror image of the very princess lying unconsciously in front of her.



A shadow appeared from the darkness and walked over to the pair.


“Just remember…” the man began, “you have to keep them fooled long enough for the spell to be complete. In 48 hours I will return with her.”


Jade smiled, her eyes mysterious.


“Of course…”


He threw her a devious smiled and picked up the princess.


“Don’t forget…” he said as a portal opened in front of him, “we can’t afford to mess this up now. Be careful.”



“As you wish.”




Back to index


Chapter 12: Chapter 12: For now and Always

Author's Notes: new update ;) i know it's been a while. as always comments/reviews are appreciated.

thanks guys!


Chapter 12: For Now and Always


Aladdin turned a corner in the palace hallways, searching for Jasmine. His heart racing and his mind confused with finding the right words.


“Hey stranger,” said a voice behind him. He turned startled and was relieved to see Jasmine.


“Can we talk?” the words stumbled from his mouth; suddenly he couldn’t hide his feelings anymore.


“Sure,” Jasmine said as she took his hand. “You know you could tell me anything.”


He smiled. For a moment the darkness hidden in his eyes was lifted for just a moment from her comforting words.


“I was afraid,” he said as he looked straight into her eyes and sighed. “Of losing you. That’s why I’ve been distant, and avoiding you…”


Jasmine looked at him and could see so clearly the pain in his eyes. She smiled, but tried to keep from crying.


“You know that there’s no one in this world for me, but you, remember?” She kissed him softly on the lips.


“You’re my prince.”


Aladdin sighed, letting go of all the confusion and pain from what they had been through. He knew that no matter what came between them, fate would bring them together again.



“I love you Jasmine,” he said quietly, taking her in his arms.


Jasmine leaned in and held him close.


“I love you Aladdin,” she said.


But for a moment, as they pulled away, her eyes flashed an icy blue. And Jasmine grinned as she whispered,


“For now and always.”

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=829