Love and Loyalty III by Cassim fan



Summary: Sequel to 'Love and Loyalty II.' Covers the rest of the characters' lives.
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Abu, Aladdin, Carpet, Cassim, Genie, Iago, Jasmine, Other, Sadira, Sultan
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Dark/Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Love and Loyalty Chapters
Published: 08/31/06
Updated: 12/02/06


Index

Chapter 1: First Anniversary
Chapter 2: New Arrival
Chapter 3: Chapter 3
Chapter 4: Chapter 4
Chapter 5: Chapter 5
Chapter 6: Chapter 6
Chapter 7: Chapter 7
Chapter 8: Chapter 8
Chapter 9: Chapter 9
Chapter 10: Chapter 10
Chapter 11: Chapter 11
Chapter 12: Chapter 12


Chapter 1: First Anniversary

Diana walked into the main room humming a love song. Cassim's dark brown eyes lit up at the sound of her voice. He smiled at her as she neared him.

Diana melted into his strong, muscular, loving arms.

"Happy anniversary."

"Happy anniversary." Cassim answered.

"Wow. One year already."

"Wow is right."

Cassim lovingly kissed her on the lips. He reached into his pocket after he pulled away and pulled out a box. He gave it to Diana.

Diana opened it and gasped. She lifted a diamond necklace. Cassim put it on her.

"I love it."

"I knew you would."

"I have a present for you."

"What is it?"

"You tell me,... Daddy."

Cassim froze when she said that. Her looked at her. He opened his mouth, but nothing came out. He shook his head and found his voice.

"How is that possible?"

"I have no idea, but it is. I'm pregnant."

Cassim swept her off her feet, swung her around and few times, put her back down, and kissed her again.

They ate breakfast and rode off to Agrabah to tell the gang.

The gang gasped in shock when Cassim and Diana told them the news. Aladdin fainted, but luckily Cassim caught him.

Back to index


Chapter 2: New Arrival

Months later Diana began to go into labor. Iago flew to the palace as fast as he could.

"Genie! Where's Genie?"

"Genie's off with Eden. He wants us to rub his lamp only if it's an emergency."

"This is an emergency!"

"What's wrong?"

"It's Diana. The baby is coming."

Aladdin grabbed Genie's lamp and rubbed it furiously. In a poof of smoke Genie *AND* Eden appeared.

"Al, calm down. What's wrong?"

"It's Diana. The baby is coming."

"Eden, I'll need your help. Iago, lead the way."

Genie and Eden followed Iago to the layer. They didn't need Iago to tell them where Cassim and Diana's room was. They just followed the sound of Diana's screams.

"Easy, Diana. Just try to relax."

"Cassim, wait outside please."

Cassim stood up, turned to leave, and stopped. He turned back around, bent down, and kissed Diana on the cheek. He left the room and joined Iago in the hall.

Iago watched as Cassim paced back and forth anxiously. They could hear Diana's screams of pain.

Finally, hours later, Genie came out with a smile.

"Well?"

"You have a daughter."

Cassim walked into the room quickly, followed by Genie and Iago.

Eden was wiping off Diana's face. She was tired but proud and happy.

Cassim sat down on the edge of the couch beside her. He put his arm around her shoulders and looked at his newborn daughter.

"I think you should name her."

"How about Cari?"

"After Carina, Aladdin's mother?"

Cassim nodded.

"Okay. Cari it is."

Diana put the newborn baby in Cassim's arms. She then took hold of the collar of his cape, pulled him closer, and kissed him.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3

Cari always fell asleep to one of her parents singing. If she fell asleep to her father singing she would fall asleep in his strong, muscular, loving, and protective arms. If she fell asleep to her mother singing she would fall asleep in her crib.

With Cari around Cassim, Diana, and Iago's options of what to do were limited. Cassim and Iago couldn't go on any more treasure hunts, and Cassim and Diana couldn't leave the layer to spend the day together.

Also with Cari around they got less sleep at night. Sometimes they didn't get any sleep at all!

Two years passed, and the problem of less sleep or no sleep was gone. The options of what to do were still limited.

Three more years went by.

Cassim and Iago were once again going off on treasure hunts, but Cassim and Diana still couldn't leave to spend the day together.

"Daddy!"

Cassim and Diana sat up.

"What the..."

"It's Cari again."

"Daddy!"

"Coming, sweety."

Cassim got out of bed and went to Cari's across from his and Diana's room.

"What is it, Cari?"

"I'm thirsty."

"Okay. Come on."

Cassim took her into the kitchen Genie had put into the layer.

"You know this means you'll be up in three hours having to go to the bathroom." Cassim said as she drank her water.

Sure enough three hours later Cari awoke Cassim saying that she had to go to the bathroom.

"Come on."

Once she was tucked in again Cassim went back into his and Diana's room and lay down on his side of the bed.

"Have you noticed how she calls for me now. When she was younger she always called for you."

"I think it's becuase you go off on treasure hunts allot she wants to be with you more. Since you're gone most of the day nighttime is really the only time she can be with you, even if it's for two minutes."

"Well, at least the treasure hunts help us when Iago and I find treasure. Sometimes it's just a wild goose chase."

"Good night."

"Good night."

They slept soundly the rest of the night.

Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4

A few days later Diana and Jasmine decided to go shopping with Sadira. Cassim and Iago were left to watch Cari.

Cassim took her outside to play. The little girl ran around happily.

"Cari, don't wander off to far."

"I won't."

She turned the corner around one side of the layer. The next moment Cassim heard her scream!

"Cari!"

He burst into a run. He turned the corner and was grabbed by three men. He was tied up and gagged!

The men's faces were hidden.

Cassim struggled to get free. One man had a hold of Cari. Another man, the leader, came over.

"Well, well, what do we have here? A little girl."

"Put me down! Put me down!"

"My that's quite allot of spirit for such a little girl."

"Boss, he came after her."

The leader looked at Cassim, who glared back.

"This would be her..."

"My daddy."

"Your father? How cute."

The leader snapped his fingers.

"Get rid of him."

"How?"

"Throw him in the water. He's tied up so there's no way he'll be able to swim. He'll drown."

The men threw Cassim into the water where it was deep!

"Daddy!" Cari screamed.

Cassim struggled against his bonds wildly. He finally got hold of his Hand of Midas dagger, which Aladdin gave back to him before he and Iago left. He pulled it from its sheath and cut the ropes around his wrists.

He was running out of air quickly! Finally he cut through.

Cassim swam towards the surface as fast as he could. He burst through the surface just in time! He took off the gang, swam to shore, and collapsed on the sand.

He lay there, breathing heavily. After a little while he lifted his head and looked around. Cari and the men were nowhere to be seen!

Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 5

Cassim got to his feet. He wrung the water from his cape. He went inside, wiped the mud off the front of him, and dried off. He saddled and bridled his horse and rode off to find his daughter.

He rode for hours, following the men's foot prints. The foot prints stopped at the entrance of a cave.

Cassim dismounted and entered the cave. He hid behind a large boulder and listened to the men, who were only a few feet away.

"Where is the King of Thieves?"

"I don't know."

"You were at his home. Where is he?"

"I was at my home. I don't know who you're talking about."

"Tell me where the King of Thieves is, and you can go free."

"I don't know."

"You've already found him!" a voice thundered.

The men whirled around to see the King of Thieves standing on top of a large boulder!

"The King of Thieves!?"

"That's right."

The King of Thieves jumped down from the boulder, sword drawn.

"Let go the girl go."

"She means something to you?"

"Since when does the King of Thieves care about little girls?"

"I said let her go."

The King of Thieves leaped forward, grabbed Cari, and ran. He grabbed his horse and galloped off.

Arrows rained down on them! One suddenly hit the King of Thieves in the left shoulder. With a cry of pain he tumbled from his saddle to the ground!

Back to index


Chapter 6: Chapter 6

Cari touched the King of Thieves' face, where she could. He moaned softly and opened his eyes.

Suddenly an arrow hit the ground close to Cari! She let out a frightened yelp. The King of Thieves pulled her to him and covered her with his body, shielding her from the arrows!

Cari then realized that he was familiar to her. The same strong, muscular, loving, and protective arms as her father, the same eyes, the same muscular build, the same height, the same clothes, and the same richness in his voice.

"Daddy?" she whispered near his ear.

She felt his grip tighten around her in answer and knew it was him. Instantly the little girl clung to her father.

Finally Cassim lifted his head and moved back. The men where gone, realizing that the King of Thieves would not leave the little girl. He pulled the arrow from his shoulder, pulled the hood and veil down, and embraced Cari.

Cassim carried her back home to the layer. He cleaned and bandaged his wound, and they both fell asleep, laying side by side on the couch in Cassim and Diana's room.

Back to index


Chapter 7: Chapter 7

Diana entered the room she shared with Cassim and saw Cassim asleep on the couch. Laying on top of him, fast asleep, was Cari.

Diana smiled and went over to the couch. She bent down and kissed her husband's cheek. He awoke and blinked sleepily.

Diana lifted her daughter off Cassim without waking her up. She carried her to her room and put her in bed. She came back out and wrapped her arms over Cassim's broad shoulders. Cassim put his arms around he and kissed her lovingly.

He and Diana, after they broke apart, went into their room. Cassim sat down in his chair, and Diana began to rub his shoulders. She felt his muscules tighten as he winced.

"Cassim, what's wrong?"

Cassim told her what had happened and showed her his bandaged shoulder.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"Now Cari knows who I once was. She knows the truth about my past. Well, some of my past."

"It's okay. She doesn't understand what it means yet."

Back to index


Chapter 8: Chapter 8

Five more years passed. Cari was constantly asking Cassim how he had come to be the King of Thieves. Cassim kept saying he would tell her when she was older, but she kept asking.

Finally Cassim told her. Cari understood what he was saying but wasn't angry.

"What you did and who you were in the past doesn't effect the fact that you're my father. I love you and always will."

Her words touched her father's heart.

A few more years passed. Cassim and Diana were arguing a lot. One day Cari and Iago overheard them.

"You're always off on a treasure hunt! You hardly spend ten mintues with me. You're drifting away."

"Diana, those treasure hunts are to help us! You know that!"

"What's more important to you, spending time with your wife and daughter, or being off somewhere on another teasure hunt?"

"Diana,..."

"I've had enough of this, Cassim! You don't spend even five mintues with your own daughter! Is this the kind of father you want to be? Is this the kind of husband you want to be?"

"Diana, I..."

"Forget it! I have had enough! Obviously you think going off on another teasure hunt is more important than spending time with your family! I'm not going to put up with that any longer!"

"What are you saying?" Cassim asked, anger and fear mixed in his voice.

"I'm leaving!"

Cari and Iago, who was on her shoulder, looked at each other for a moment.

"I'm taking Cari with me."

Cari backed up a little ways. Diana came out of the room. She grabbed Cari's hand and dragged her towards the secret entrance by land.

"Diana! Diana, wait! Please!"

"Forget it, Cassim!"

Before Cassim and Iago knew it, they were gone! Cassim dropped to his knees, buried his face in his hands, and cried..

Back to index


Chapter 9: Chapter 9

Back to index


Chapter 10: Chapter 10

Back to index


Chapter 11: Chapter 11

Back to index


Chapter 12: Chapter 12

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=832