Trouble by Cassim fan



Summary: How the ending of "Aladdin and the King of Thieves" might have gone if Aladdin had been put in prison. It's going to be like a movie. (reviews wanted)
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Abu, Aladdin, Carpet, Cassim, Genie, Iago, Jasmine, Mozenrath, Original Characters, Rasoul, Sultan
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Dark/Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Cassim's Adventures and Quests.
Published: 09/21/06
Updated: 10/21/06


Index

Chapter 1: Prison
Chapter 2: Agrabah
Chapter 3: Chapter 3
Chapter 4: Chapter 4
Chapter 5: Chapter 5
Chapter 6: Chapter 6


Chapter 1: Prison

NARRATOR: A father (see an image of Cassim), a son (see an image of Aladdin) seperated for twenty years then reunited by the hands of fate. A wrong turn throws them apart again. Aladdin is put in prison (see an iamge of Aladdin in the dungeon in chains) charged with committing high treason against Agrabah and all of the Seven Deserts! Only one person can save him now. His father (see an image of Cassim's face as he turning around)! But will Cassim dare return to Agrabah? Is his love for his son strong enough that he will risk everything, including his life, to set his son free?



(Carpet flies to the layer of the Forty Thieves with Abu. Abu screeches in his own way what has happened.)

CASSIM: Iago, what's he saying?

IAGO: Aladdin's in prison! He's going to be put on trial in two days and most likely killed!

(Cassim gasps in shock and horror.)

CASSIM: Not if I have anything to do about it.

IAGO: What are you going to do?

(Cassim grabs a coil of rope and a grappling hook.)

CASSIM: I'm going to Agrabah to save my son.

IAGO (Shouting): Are you crazy?! (Talking normally) Cassim, if you get caught you'll be killed.

CASSIM: I know, but I don't care. Aladdin needs me. I wasn't there for him for twenty years. I'm going to be there for him now. Are you coming or not?

IAGO: Sorry, but I'm staying here where it's safe.

(Cassim and Abu fly off on Carpet.)

Back to index


Chapter 2: Agrabah

(Carpet puts Cassim down in the menagerie then goes inside with Abu. Cassim moves through the menagerie, keeping close to wall where he's hidden in the shadows. He sees Genie up ahead and grabs him.)

CASSIM (whispering into Genie's ear): Genie, calm down. It's just me."

GENIE (clearly confused): Cassim, what are you doing here?

CASSIM: I need your help to get Aladdin out of Agrabah.

GENIE: You mean break him out?

CASSIM: Yeah.

GENIE: It's impossible. Even if we do get down to the dungeon Al's cell in heavily guarded.

CASSIM: Who said anything about getting into the palace? Can we get to the window of his cell from the menagerie?

GENIE: Yeah. Why?

CASSIM: We'll get Aladdin out that way.

(Cassim slips through the window, the bars are off to the side. He slides down on a rope and opens Aladdin shackles with Abu's lock picks. While he's doing this Aladdin wakes up.)

ALADDIN: (shocked and confused): Dad?

CASSIM: Shhh.

ALADDIN: What are you doing here?

(Cassim pulls the now free Aladdin to his feet.)

CASSIM: Getting you out of here.

(Aladdin stops at that. There's a bit of anger in his eyes.)

ALADDIN: I'm not leaving.

(Cassim whirls around with shock in his eyes.)

CASSIM: Aladdin, if we don't get you out of here you'll be killed.

(Aladdin crosses his arms stubbornly.)

ALADDIN: I don't care. I won't leave Jasmine.

(Cassim sighs.)

CASSIM: Aladdin, Jasmine sent Adu and Carpet to get me so I could get you out of here. It was her idea.

(Aladdin still doesn't move. Cassim walks over to him.)

CASSIM: (sounding a little sad) I really hoped I wouldn't have to do this.

(Cassim suddenly knocks Aladdin out! He grabs the rope and signals Genie to pull him back up. Carpet flies Cassim and Aladdin to the layer.)

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3

(Aladdin wakes up to find himself being carried into the layer by Cassim! He jumps out Cassim's arms and runs for the secret entrance. Cassim blocks him.)

ALADDIN: Dad, move!

CASSIM: I'm sorry, son, but I can't. I can't let you go back to Agrabah. If you go back you'll be killed.

ALADDIN: So you intend to keep me here for the rest of my life?

CASSIM: I intend to keep you safe.

ALADDIN: What about Jasmine?

CASSIM: I told you before this was Jasmine's idea. She knows that you're here with me. This whole thing was her idea. She did it becuase she loves and doesn't want to lose you.

ALADDIN: Why did you agree to help?

(Cassim walks over to Aladdin, put a hand on his shoulder, and looks into his eyes.)

CASSIM: I nearly lost you once. I knew that if I lost you for real I wouldn't be able to keep on living. The Hand of Midas holds no interest for me anymore. You are my only reason to live now. I lost your mother. I can't lose you too.

(Aladin's face betrays the fact that his father's words touched him.)

CASSIM (tears beginning to form in his eyes): You're all I have left. My life would be meaningless without you. Just the thought of losing you is almost too much. I've finally realized something that I should have realized a long time ago.

ALADDIN: What's that?

CASSIM (a single tear breaks free and trickles down his face): The Hand of Midas isn't my ultimate treasure, it never was. My ultimate treasure is you.

(Cassim steps back, turns around, and wipes away the tears in his eyes.)

CASSIM (sniffing): Look at me. I'm suppose to be this powerful, dangerous man and here I am about to cry.

(Cassim chuckles at his own emotional state. Finally he turns around and faces Aladdin.)

CASSIM: Aladdin, I've wanted so many things in my life. Most of the time I got them, but the one thing I wanted that I could not have until just recently I don't even deserve anymore.

ALADDIN: What would that be?

CASSIM: You. I don't deserve to be your father. I don't deserve to even be *called* your father. You deserve so much more than what I could ever offer.

ALADDIN: That's not true.

CASSIM: Yes it is true.

ALADDIN: No it's not. I couldn't ask for any other man to be my father.

CASSIM: Aladdin, I'm the most feared, most dangerous, most wanted man in the Seven Deserts. How can you say that?

ALADDIN: Because what other man would willingly risk his freedom to see his son's wedding? What other man would risk his life to free his son? I don't know about you but I don't think any other man would do those things. You did. You risked everything, including your life, for me tonight.

Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4

(Cassim puts upper part of his right arm against the wall. He lightly rests his forehead on his arm.)

ALADDIN: Dad, when you went back to save me you proved that you care.

(Tears are forming Cassim's eyes.)

ALADDIN: This is a chance for you to redeem yourself. This is a chance for you to be the father I longed for all my life, the father you wanted to be. It isn't too late.

(Cassim sniffs quietly, clenches his teeth togther, and squeezes his eyes shut tight. Aladdin walks towards Cassim.)

ALADDIN: Dad, you can still change. You can still be the father I longed for, the father I needed. You can still be the father I need right now. You weren't there when I needed you for a long time, but now you're here. I still need you.

(Cassim finally breaks down. He slowly sinks to his knees as he cries aloud. Aladdin and Iago look at each, unsure of what to do.)

ALADDIN: Dad.

(Cassim looks over to his right and sees Aladdin kneeling beside him. Aladdin puts a hand on Cassim's shoulder.)

ALADDIN: I still need you, Dad.

(Cassim stops crying and gets to his feet. He turns away from Aladdin.)

CASSIM: You don't need me. You have your friends.

(Aladdin walks over to Cassim.)

ALADDIN: My friends, except Iago, aren't here right now, but you are. You're the only one who can help me now.

Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 5

Back to index


Chapter 6: Chapter 6

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=837