No Other Way by Soohe



Summary: Jasmine finds herself trapped with a seemingly impossible task: marry a dark sorcerer in order to save her people and sacrifice herself and her freedom...
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Original Characters
Genres: Dark/Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 12/08/06
Updated: 12/21/06


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Forever Yours
Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Holy Union
Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Defeat?
Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Trust Me


Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Forever Yours

Author's Notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


No Other Way




Chapter One: Forever Yours


Princess Jasmine looked with cool contentment at the setting sun as it cast rays of violent orange and red over the desert sands. Emptiness filled her heart with unspeakable measure as another day ended…and night soon came with deadly certainty.


She shut her eyes, as if the action could suddenly and quickly erase the memory of the last few days and it sink forever into the darkness…never to be seen again.


“The lives of your people can be spared…”


The dark echo of the man’s voice echoed without end in her heart and mind. They wrapped around her and left her with nothing but despair.


She had promised to surrender herself to save her kingdom and yet in her heart she felt the surrender was just the beginning…



Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Holy Union

Author's Notes: yeah finally updated ;)


Chapter Two: Holy Union


“Do you Jasmine, princess of Agrabah, take Lord Mozenrath, to be your lawful wedded husband?”

Jasmine’s eyes looked into the distance, unfocused and blurred. She swallowed her pride and took a long deep breath, knowing the sacrifice had to be made.


“I do.”


The priest nodded solemnly and took both of their hands, and the union was finally complete.


“You may kiss the bride,” the priest’s voice said softly.


Mozenrath leaned forward as Jasmine did unwilling. The kiss was soft and passionate. But deep within Jasmine felt her heart give away and freeze with helplessness against his touch. She was his now.



As she walked down the aisle to her new fate, brief glimpses of her past seemed to swarm around her, threatening to drown her in despair.


Who would have predicted that she would marry such a ruthless sorcerer and become Queen of the Seven Deserts?


Mozenrath had finally done it.


He had conquered the Seven Deserts and now no one but Jasmine stood in his way.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Defeat?

Author's Notes: as always R and R ;)


Chapter 3: Defeat?



~Three Days Earlier~



“What chance do we have against his powers?” Jasmine exclaimed desperately as she overlooked Agrabah.

Her eyes rested on the ruins of the homes and shops and the black plume of smoke billowing towards the now darkened skies. Distant screams echoed savagely across the land, emitting immeasurable anguish and despair. The sorcerer was closing in on the city, taking everything in his path. With every second that passed, his powers seemed to only grow…

The group had awoken to the disaster that now rested upon the city, with no time to react or fight. All they could do was watch in horror as darkness swept across the land…every moment more fatal than the last.




Jasmine felt her heart drop as realization took over her senses, threatening to choke her.


“Mozenrath will not stop until every life is taken…” she whispered softly.


The palace began to tremble as if an earth quake had erupted from underneath them. Columns that held up the massive throne room began to sway as the chandelier above them crashed towards the ground.


“We can’t just give in to him Jazz,” replied Aladdin as he narrowly missed being hit by falling debris.


Jasmine ducked underneath a fallen column and yelled back, “What choice do we have Aladdin? He’s too powerful now, there’s no way to stop him!”


Genie grew a hundred times his normal size and raised his arms to hold up the crumbling palace.


Abu and Iago ducked behind Aladdin and hung onto each other while the earth beneath them shook.



“She’s right. Let’s just give the twisted sorcerer what he wants,” Iago shouted as dust flew around him.


“Then maybe we will LIVE to see tomorrow!”


Abu nodded in agreement as Aladdin grinned. Jasmine rushed over and grabbed Aladdin’s hand and whispered.


“Let’s hope it never comes to that.”


Without warning, the trembling stopped. A deadly silence sliced through the air and rang with forewarning. The palace was quiet and unmoved.


Genie shrunk back to his normal size and joined the group. The sultan looked around nervously.


“I don’t like this at all…” he said, knowing everyone else in the room was in agreement with him.


As if on cue, Mozenrath strolled in, his stride arrogant, as a darkly smile crossed his handsome features. As usual he was wearing dark robes of black and cobalt, but his eyes wore something other than their usual confidence. They shone with one other dominating emotion. Victory.

A shadow seemed to be cast just from his presence over the group…and left them with nothing but coldness and horror.

Hundreds of soldiers were pouring in from everywhere, but these ones were not the walking dead the gang was so accustomed to seeing…


They were fierce warriors, adorned in steel armor, swords, and they stood over ten feet tall.


Jasmine stared in hatred at the man who had taken so many innocent lives. Her blood ran hot with fury.


For a second Mozenrath caught her glance and he winked devilishly at her. But the gesture was short, and Jasmine wondered if she had just imagined it…



Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Trust Me

Chapter 4: Trust Me


“Put them in the dungeon…” Mozenrath ordered his warriors as the gang was led in chains to their prison.

But as Jasmine was passing Mozenrath stopped her.


“Except this one.”


His words were final and Jasmine was left alone with him. Aladdin and the others fought against their restraints, but knew it was pointless; they were outnumbered a thousand to one.


Jasmine shot him a cool look.

“What the hell do you want Mozenrath?” she asked accusingly, not willing to give him a chance.


He smirked at her, his eyes slightly teasing.


The sorcerer gazed at her thoughtfully and crossed his arms, his eyes unreadable.


“I want to offer you a chance…” he began and stopped.


Jasmine was curious and looked at him with suspicion, “A chance to what?”


He gave her a look that she couldn’t quite understand…as if he wanted to tell her something but couldn’t.


“To let the ones you love the most live…”
Jasmine sighed. Mozenrath was not one to bargain…he wanted something in return.


“Why?” she let her anger flare at him. “You’ve never cared at all for me or the people I love, why care now?”


He smiled, his eyes burning with such intensity that Jasmine took a step backwards.


“Because there’s more to stake then just your lives…”


Jasmine looked at him in shock before coming to her senses.


“What do you mean?” she whispered.


He merely looked at her, his manner unchanged.


“There’s something I need to show you.”


Jasmine just looked at him, her guard never let down.


“What makes you think I would ever trust you?” she demanded.


He laughed and his tone became teasing.


“You don’t have a choice do you?”


He grabbed her hand and led her through a dark portal to the unknown. Jasmine followed, not knowing what to expect or if she could ever trust the man in front of her…

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=857