Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - 'Aladdin' named 25th most controversial movie of all time
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Aladdin' named 25th most controversial movie of all time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: 'Aladdin' named 25th most controversial movie of all time Reply with quote

OMFG YAY!

..........wait.... Laughing

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,1202640_1||233612|1_0_,00.html

And it's out of 25 movies, too! Laughing It's over the stupid cutting-of-the-ear line. Plus, we're the only Disney movie on that list. Huzzah?
Calluna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Disney movie? Then they've succeeded in erasing Song of the South from the collective conciousness? Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the movie can't be banned in order to be on the list. They're in a league of their own Laughing
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that United 93 and Da Vinci Code aren't higher on this list...it seems lists like this often tend to favor very current related items that people have been hearing about.

It's...interesting, I guess, to see that Aladdin's 'notoriety' has stood the test of time? I know there was a stir, but I wouldn't have guessed it'd be in a top 25 list.

As for Song of the South...well, my friend Jim couldn't give a Disney Heritage presentation about the film this past November...the people who clear such events said 'that's far too controversial and sensitive a subject.' But they LOVED his alternate idea: "The Creation of Splash Mountain: The stories and characters that inspired one of the most popular Disney theme park attractions."
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Aladdin' named 25th most controversial movie of all tim Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
OMFG YAY!

..........wait.... Laughing

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,1202640_1||233612|1_0_,00.html

And it's out of 25 movies, too! Laughing It's over the stupid cutting-of-the-ear line. Plus, we're the only Disney movie on that list. Huzzah?

Could be worse. It could be over that stupid "good kids take off their clothes" rumor. Laughing
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom laughed when I told her about this. Smile

...and did anyone else notice that at the bottom of the screen, if you click to follow All About: Aladdin, it says (movie, 1994) next to the title? The year's right in the article itself, though.
Calluna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you search for Aladdin on that site there are a lot of cool old articles about it. Very Happy
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
If you search for Aladdin on that site there are a lot of cool old articles about it. Very Happy

Very Happy I followed the All About Aladdin link on Al's page in that controversy article and found a decent number of those. To think that at one time we had the biggest marketing/merchandising onslaught Disney'd ever done! (Wonder if AG can even believe it. Wink ) I love coming across 'treasure chests' of Aladdin info like that.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. No I don't Laughing

Then again, a lot of the good stuff was made in the mid 90s...
Calluna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparantly we weren't the only ones who had a WTF? reaction about this. Laughing

http://www.imdb.com/poll/results/2006-06-15
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum