Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Outtakes!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outtakes!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hourglass wrote:
At least they redeemed themselves in KOT... sorta.

Not just animation-wise, but plot-wise as well Very Happy
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marisa wrote:
Hourglass wrote:

Yeah, also the casting of Jerry Orbach as Sa'luk was good, but of course, the introduction of the thief with the bad teeth!

*purrs*

Did anyone else noticed that Cassim's thief outfit kinda looks like Mozy's costume (the whole color scheme thing)?
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nez wrote:
Did anyone else noticed that Cassim's thief outfit kinda looks like Mozy's costume (the whole color scheme thing)?

I had never thought of it before, but yeah it kind of does.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hourglass wrote:
ROJ is one of the worst-animated sequels in Disney history... let's face it.

Well, we were the first one, so I guess they were still testing out whether that whole sequel thing would work out. Not that it's an excuse, but I don't think they would want to spend millions of dollars on animating a video/idea that no one wanted. The animation in the Disney sequels in general have gotten better, but unfortunately we had ours in the mid-nineties so they were still working on getting better, which is why KOT looks somewhat better than ROJ.
Hourglass
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The animation "badness" can be blamed for it only being made in the mid-nineties... but still... some of the animation was worse than what they did in the series.

Aladdin looked so deformed, Jasmine was no as nearly as presentable... Genie... well, don't get me started on Genie... that was just bad... Jafar... god, that was bad.

I say they did better on KOT... but not alot of people wanted to see KOT because, unfortunately, they based it on ROJ. Disney messed up on this one.

MEESH AND MYSTICMEG'S COMBINED STORY!!!

Just another weird lil' fanfiction obsession of mine...
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought about one from the original - in the scene right after Jasmine and Jafar kiss, how could Jafar see Al in her crown? Since she had her head tilted up to look at Jafar it wouldn't have realistically reflected him on the ground - it probably would have reflected the wall or ceiling.
Elemental

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Jas wrote:
Just thought about one from the original - in the scene right after Jasmine and Jafar kiss, how could Jafar see Al in her crown? Since she had her head tilted up to look at Jafar it wouldn't have realistically reflected him on the ground - it probably would have reflected the wall or ceiling.

There were alot of mistakes in the original as well... but there weren't as major/noticeable as in ROJ and KOT. Such as when Jafar is reading the scroll to the sultan... he reads from left to right, when in Arabia, they read from right to left... little things.

They needed some way for Jafar to notice Aladdin, and using Jasmine just seemed... alright.

MEESH AND MYSTICMEG'S COMBINED STORY!!!

Just another weird lil' fanfiction obsession of mine...
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hourglass wrote:
They needed some way for Jafar to notice Aladdin, and using Jasmine just seemed... alright.
Of course - it's just a minor technicality.
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hourglass wrote:
ROJ is one of the worst-animated sequels in Disney history... let's face it.

But I believe it was the first sequel and was the one that actually started the whole Disney sequel thing.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marisa wrote:
Hourglass wrote:

yes RoJ has a gaping plothole. They found the sultan's torn turban in Aladdin's room, while they knew very well that Aladdin and the sultan were out in an oasis. When Aladdin came home, they blamed the torn turban on him, even though he had been out all day!
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
[
yes RoJ has a gaping plothole. They found the sultan's torn turban in Aladdin's room, while they knew very well that Aladdin and the sultan were out in an oasis. When Aladdin came home, they blamed the torn turban on him, even though he had been out all day!

That whole thing could work out if you assumed a few things and filled in missing scenes that went on behind the scenes
-Assume the guards didn't know the sultan left with Aladdin and that both of them left. Stretching it a bit that they didn't know where he was at, but it can happen. And, it's never really shown that any of the guards knew the sultan was gone to begin with.
-Fill-in that while Aladdin and the sultan were gone, Jafar locked up Jasmine with Genie and Abu who he captured earlier (all of which know where Aladdin and the sultan are).
-Fill in Jafar bringing the sultan back and locking him up. Takes his hat, slashes it and turns into Jasmine.
-Fill in "Jasmine" shows Rasoul the hat and he orders a search for Aladdin and the sultan. That's why I think the guards might not know the sultan left to begin with because then it would make no sense that she found a slashed turban and they know the sultan left with his turban on.
-Assume that when Rasoul accused Aladdin of the murder of the sultan that he thought Aladdin just got done getting rid of the sultan's body or something. Again, they don't know where they went, so as far as he knew, he just got back from the place where he killed him.

Now we are at the part where "Jasmine" says they found the turban in his room and he'll die at dawn (which is my favorite Jafar moment because he psychologically plays around with Aladdin's head. Priceless). So it can work out, you just have to think a bit, which I personally don't like doing Smile
Nanuk
Squirrelly Minion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...it was kinda hard for me to watch RoJ, mostly because of the animation, and also because of how they replaced Robin as genie...But I liked the songs ^^ But, wow, how Jasmine's face disturbed me when she sang "You're calling my bluff" in "Forget about Love." O_O ...I also didn't understand why at the end the genie just sat there when he could fly?

I think my favorite Disney sequel is The Lion King 1 1/2...or, actually, an "inbetweenquel" x) "What this place lacks in shade it makes up for with searing heat and blinding sunshine" Laughing
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nanuk wrote:
But, wow, how Jasmine's face disturbed me when she sang "You're calling my bluff" in "Forget about Love." O_O

Shocked you to?? she scared the *beep* outa me when i saw that scene
*shudders*
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow AG

Point taken, very well thought out/

[ 50th post!!!! ]
Vortex Dragon
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some outtakes in the original Aladdin too. Like when Jafar gets smashed by the door in the "Prince Ali" song, when he's holding the door shut, Iago's not on his shoulder, but when they show him embedded in the wall, Iago's there again. And when Jafar puts the lamp down on the arm of the throne, it's on the right, but when Aladdin reaches for it, it's on the left arm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum