Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Does Jasmine make money for disney?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Jasmine make money for disney?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Does Jasmine make money for disney? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if Jasmine makes money for disney since she is one of the 6 main dinsey princess, i noticed they ignore her sometimes on merchandise and don't put her, while to me i think jasmine and ariel are the lead princess who should be put on everything since they have a huge number of fans instead of cindrella and aurora who i think are not that important to be featured in the main princess list maybe they should replace them with Esmerelda and Pocahontas Confused .
persian85033
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, Jasmine is much better than Pocahantas and Esmeralda. Esmeralda is not even a princess.
Spike
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persian85033 wrote:
I know, Jasmine is much better than Pocahantas and Esmeralda. Esmeralda is not even a princess.

i meant they should remove cindrella and aurora and put esmerelda and pocahontas instead, i am sure they will be some how better....
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Mulan, personally. I'm just not all that fond of Arial. Esmerelda's okay, but I'm not sure that she could be pulled off in some grand marketing scheme.

As for Pocahantus... eh, that whole franchise makes me want to gag. Technicolor.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette

Last edited by Syera on Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
persian85033
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. Embarassed I like Ariel because she's a mermaid. I've always wanted to live under the sea. Or not live, but see what it's like.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://geocities.com/kfuller2001/tmyths.htm#Myth14

Don't believe what popular media would have you think about the "native" Americans.

AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She does, but a little bird named Ellen *coughDisneyPrincesscough Laughing * told me after she came from a meeting over the modern Disney princesses that the reason she is not on as much merchandise is because the company really has no real way to represent her. Everyone of the princesses has a symbol that represents them or their movie:

Cinderella-Glass slipper
Aurora-Sleeping
Belle-Books or a rose
Ariel-Anything dealing with the sea or singing
Snow White-Apple
Jasmine-?!?!?

All the symbols for our movie (lamp, carpet, etc) all belong to Aladdin, but you do sometimes see that with her as well on stuff. That's what happens when you don't have the movie centered around you Razz . Although, they do beat that "Jasmine is a caged bird" irony over our heads, the first thought that comes to most people's minds is usually "Aw, she has a bird" not "Oh, that bird represents the movie Aladdin because it is free just as the characters are now". And I don't know about you, but her carrying around a bird cage just wouldn't look cool. Laughing
I'm sure Ellen can tell you more than I can.
persian85033
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the headband? And Jasmine doesn't dress like the other princesses, either, now that I think about it. She wears pants, for one, instead of a dress, and she shows her middle.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... methinks I should burninate some sense into 'em with my own symbolic flamethrower.

AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That headband symbolizes her royalty, which is sorta built in and I don't think they want to market her with that since it would be a little redundant. Laughing

And no one is getting rid of Aurora, dang nabbit! Laughing
/really likes Aurora
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the headband in and of itself is a symbol of her royalty. Methinks it's just a shiny.

The fact that Jasmine's "symbol" isn't readily obvious could explain why she seems to be on so few products.

Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just so's you know, now you've got me imagining the Disney girls doing some kind of silly henshin (IE, anime transformation) with their "symbol" objects.

I bet their fighting outfits're really something. Razz

(I guess this factor explains why mahou no shoujo are so marketed upon. All those symbolic items, mmm-hmm.)

Mulan's 'symbol' is easily her father's sword. Of course, that's probably too violent. Her lotus comb would work just as well - of course, I think they realized that, as there's a doll coming out that comes with a lotus comb.

As for Esmerelda... umm... she had a goat! And pretty jewelry! I'm betting they could pull something off if they really tried.

Spike
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jasmine could be represented with her shoe..thats enough it will tell anyone it belongs to jasmine or with a lamp.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble is, the object in question has to be important to the character somehow. Jasmine had nice shoes, but they weren't anything special or important to the character in some way. They were just there.

Spike
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh common Aurora doens't have a logo....

Ariel - anything to do with the sea "sea shells maybe"
Snow White - apples
Cindrella - slipers
Belle- flowers
Jasmine- lamp
Aurora-????????pillow maybe Laughing

Aurora I ORDER YOU TO GET OUT OF THE SET RIGHT NOW, PERAHPS YOU COULD TAKE CINDI AND SNOWY WITH YOU, THERE ISN'T ENOUGH CHAIRS FOR YOU Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum