Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Does Jasmine make money for disney?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Jasmine make money for disney?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could always do a Jasmine doll with her wedding dress. Her dress was gorgeous. Smile and besides Ariel, she was the only Disney Princess who got married in a traditional wedding dress (Hello! Belle! You wore that same dress last week! Laughing )

I think Aurora kept her birthday dress in the end, and I don't remeember if Cinderella had a wedding dress or kept her ballgown. They should've done that toy with Jasmine when KOT came out, but I'm not sure if they did. Hey, I would've bought it! Jasmine also has a lot of other cute clothes in the movies, and little girls love changing dolls clothes--especially now that that's ALL dolls today are about. (What happened to Doctor, teacher and Astronaut Barbie? I'm still waiting for president Barbie! Or state Senator Barbie!)

Jasmine isn't just about clothes, but that's what kids are into these days. I can imagine a Jasmine doll with butt-kicking action Laughing That's really Mulan's thing I guess, but none of the Mulan toys had any fighting-action although I think the other characters in Mulan did.
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArabianPrincessKim wrote:
They could always do a Jasmine doll with her wedding dress. Her dress was gorgeous. Smile and besides Ariel, she was the only Disney Princess who got married in a traditional wedding dress (Hello! Belle! You wore that same dress last week! Laughing )

That is exactly why I didn't like Jasmine's dress that much; it's too Western. No one in Arabia at that time would be married in a dress like that. And what's with the long sleeves? Jasmine wears a skimpy top all the time and suddenly she's too modest to show her arms? Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yes the dress was really western. But I've heard in whatever area Aladdin supposedly takes place, they also where white dresses. However, this is way back in the day and I'm not sure if they would have dresses like that either.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
That is exactly why I didn't like Jasmine's dress that much; it's too Western. No one in Arabia at that time would be married in a dress like that. And what's with the long sleeves? Jasmine wears a skimpy top all the time and suddenly she's too modest to show her arms? Laughing

*points to drawing she made* That's why I had to re-do that dress. I HATE those sleeves Laughing. I like the dress, but...eehhh.
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could always do a Jasmine doll with her wedding dress. Her dress was gorgeous. Smile and besides Ariel, she was the only Disney Princess who got married in a traditional wedding dress

Cinderella did, too.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could always do a Jasmine doll with her wedding dress. Her dress was gorgeous. Smile

Yeah, I didn't see this until just now. There is actually a doll of Jasmine in her wedding dress. It's called "Wedding Palace" Jasmine Very Happy
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Jasmine's dress wasn't culturally accurate, I happened to like it very much. Despite all its... faults, it was still a beautiful dress.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syera wrote:
Whaddaya mean, she doesn't have a logo?

Lessee... they did manage to market her sleep theme well enough, methinks. I still have the doll that, when you touched her eyes with warm water, would appear to close and then do the reverse with cold water.

I had that one too!
Husse
Genie of da Pibb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister just got three new Jasmine books. YES, she makes money for Disney...

NO YOU CAN'T!

YES I CAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Fidget Goblinweb
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have that snake bangle thing for Jasmine. Or maybe...hmm...RAJAH! I have a Jasmine doll that came with him that was from 1993 I think and it could work! Esmeralda could have that...what's it called again??? Well, that musical instrument she carries with her or the scarf. You could also have the Lotus comb (like back in 1998) for Mulan or maybe a cherry blossom.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esmeralda's Tamborine?
dazzeling diamond
Gypsy of Mystery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah....why can't Jasmine have her gorgeous Rajah, as her symbol, doesn't a tiger represent, you know, feistiness and bold character? Or am I just makin stuff up?
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does, but they tend to stick with the whole "caged bird/free bird" symbolism thing Laughing

Rajah has been showing up on a lot of stuff, lately, though. Not on anything specific, but just in the background of boxes and such.
Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Jasmine make money for Disney? Yes she is but she could earn allot more money if the market her right by pulling her out of the Disney Princess line once Enchanted is hit and give Jasmine her own merchandise line together with other modern I'm-no-DID ladies such as Mulan and Meg. But I personally want to see her marketed together with rest of the Aladdin characters in an action, adventure line where there is room for comedy and romance. In short bring the series to DVD and tie a marketing campaign onto it.
Emmlei
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merkal wrote:
Does Jasmine make money for Disney? Yes she is but she could earn allot more money if the market her right by pulling her out of the Disney Princess line once Enchanted is hit and give Jasmine her own merchandise line together with other modern I'm-no-DID ladies such as Mulan and Meg. But I personally want to see her marketed together with rest of the Aladdin characters in an action, adventure line where there is room for comedy and romance. In short bring the series to DVD and tie a marketing campaign onto it.

Here, here! I agree on bringing Jas back to the movies/series. To be fair, I haven't really looked at the DP products, so I can't give a fair assessment. But what I have seen tends to focus on being princessy and not so much on the strengths of the characters. A little better with the recent TLM stuff, but only just. I think Jas would do rather well if they pulled some from the series. For the more tomboyish, outgoing girls.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum