Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - SaveDisney campaign: what do you think?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SaveDisney campaign: what do you think?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: SaveDisney campaign: what do you think? Reply with quote

Well, several months into Roy Disney's campaign, he's still got a legion of followers. It seems, though, that the attitude of his site is changing. When it opened, it was a source for information on the company's mismanagement, economic status, etc. It seems to me, though, that in the last couple of months it has justs become a place to bash the company. The latest "Top Ten" list about California Adventure really irked me. Has anyone else felt like that? What do all y'all think about the way SaveDisney is working? Just curious! Smile
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been there for months, but that top ten list... what is Roy gonna do? Go back in time after Eisner gets replaced and magically make it so that DCA was never built? Rolling Eyes It's just contributing to negative stereotypes that the same people will need to knock down when/if they achieve their goal.

Or maybe I just have no sense of humor. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What site is this now? o_o
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. I'll b the first to admit, DCA was awful when it first opened. I was bored out of my mind there. But just in the last year or two, it's really gotten much better. They're actively working to improve it, and I don't see what more Roy could do to improve it than what they're doing now. I suppose if he really wanted his way, he could bulldoze the whole park and start over, but then shareholders would be screaming foul at the amount of money wasted. Ragging on DCA does him no good - it's nothing but a smear tactic.
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marisa wrote:
What site is this now? o_o

SaveDisney.com is a site set up by Roy Disney after he left the company. Its intention is to make the public aware of the company's condition, and to garner support to chase Eisner out.
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to work for Disney when I was little, but there's no way I want to get caught up in that mess. Maybe I'll go to Nickelodeon Studios, or start my own animation studio.
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to be an animator when I was a kid. But Disney doesn't HAVE an animation group anymore! Rolling Eyes
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. And it feels weird. It's like a part of my soul has been ripped out and stomped on... kind of like what the ending to LoZ: The Wind Waker did to me, multiplied a bajillion times.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marisa wrote:
Maybe I'll go to Nickelodeon Studios, or start my own animation studio.

NOOOOO! NO NICKELODEON STUDIOS! THEY'RE EVIL! Any official Hey Arnold fan (me being one) can tell you that the executives there are money hungry as..phaults. But then again, who isn't these days? Go with option B and run your own studios.

And yeah, I wanted to be an animator for Disney too. I even went through the Magic of Disney tour at Disney World to learn some more stuff. I'm even going to college for Art, but now that they are going 3-D my dreams have been dashed. Ripped. Torn. Abolished. Destroyed. Etc, Etc.
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CG is good, but it is a rarity to find an animation studio that can do it right. Inuyasha is a good example -- if you can't tell it's done with computers, then by god, that's a great work of CGI Very Happy

I was watching Fushigi Yuugi Eikouden and cringed. You don't put a 3D dragon in the middle of 2D Konan Imperial City. You just don't. And I could TELL that both Genbu and Mayo in the lake (among other things) were cheap computer animation, because it was the same thing over and over. Not to mention I could see the pixelated outline. That's a REAL downer.

I support cel animation whole heartedly Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Pixar Reply with quote

Hey, has anyone heard the news on Pixar staying with Disney?

Pixar To Stay Put at Disney, Says Report

Quote:

After holding discussions with MGM, Sony, Warner Bros. and Fox, Steve Jobs' Pixar Animation Studios has concluded that it will remain partnered with Disney, the New York Post reported today (Wednesday), citing sources familiar with the matter. The newspaper commented that such a development would represent a significant victory for Disney CEO Michael Eisner, whose relationship with Jobs was described by the Post as "acrimonious." (Jobs has told interviewers in the past that he would renew negotiations with Disney only if Eisner was forced out.) Jobs had reportedly been hoping that another studio would agree to a deal in which it would receive simply a distribution fee to handle Pixar films and would not share in their profits.

This is from IMDB.com

I wonder if Pixar will do Toy Story 3. I went to Disney and one of the ladies in the Magic of Disney Animation tour said TS3 was going to be done all by Disney. Hmmm....
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hatred of Nickelodeon studios grows and grows. Oh, how I wish for the days of the good Nick cartoons...

Anyway, I don't know about the Save Disney thing. The negativity won't do a bit of good in the long run.
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Pixar-Disney thing isn't finalized, as I understand it. It really seems like a weird move for Pixar, to me. But someone on WDWMagic guessed that they miight actually be doing it so they can keep Disney from making sequels to the Pixar movies, which makes sense to me.
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*whimpers Crying or Very sad *

WHERE ARE ANDREAS DEJA AND GLEN KEANE GONNA GO?!

*going off to form an adopt-an-animator group*
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nez wrote:
*whimpers Crying or Very sad *

WHERE ARE ANDREAS DEJA AND GLEN KEANE GONNA GO?!

*going off to form an adopt-an-animator group*

They're working on Bambi 2, apparently. Rolling Eyes What a waste...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum