Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin Convention?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin Convention?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyApocalymon
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Aladdin Convention? Reply with quote

I once went a-browsing through the Internet and stumbled upon a site that advertised an Aladdin convention called "Arabian Nights." The link didn't work, though, so I ask of you - Was this fact or wishful thinking? I've been to a few anime conventions in my day, but the idea of an Aladdicon is pretty much the greatest thing ever. Truth or trick?
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know but an Aladdin convention would b e pretty fun!! Hmm maybe it is an old link! Confused
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the one that fans tried to set up awhile back, that never happened?

I'm all for setting up something, and I'd be happy to work on getting it going... I'd just have no idea what I was doing! Laughing It's also a matter of making sure there's enough interest for it.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the one that fans tried to set up awhile back, that never happened?

Yeah. It was about 2 years ago. I think Heather knows more about it than I.

Quote:
I'm all for setting up something, and I'd be happy to work on getting it going... I'd just have no idea what I was doing! Laughing It's also a matter of making sure there's enough interest for it.

All you need is a room, lots of chips, soda and Aladdin movies/series. We're from the ghetto's of Agrabah, we don't need all the fancy stuff Laughing
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if we wanted to be a GOOD convention, we'd have to have a dealer's room to sell Aladdin stuff. And more importantly, we'd have to invinte some of the animators or actors.

Gilbert should be the first one we invite, and we should make a big deal out of giving him some coffee.
Elemental

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofcourse it has to be good with playing, , stuff being sold, and the actors, and artist there too. *sigh* that would be convention! Very Happy
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marisa wrote:
And more importantly, we'd have to invinte some of the animators or actors.

.....I'd freak out and faint if someone showed up Laughing
But if Leonard Maltin shows up, I'll throw up.
LadyApocalymon
Elemental

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think Disney would eat us alive if we tried to have a "real" Aladdin convention, but it would be fun if people in similar areas of the world could get together once a year and swap Aladdin merchandise, watch the movies and series, show off their costumes (if they made any), and that sort of thing. Of course, for anybody who's still in high school, travel would be a problem. I personally can't imagine my family letting me go off to a weekend convention themed around Aladdin; the phrases, "What the heck?" and "What's wrong with you?" come to mind. Rolling Eyes But, it's still a fun thought - and wouldn't be completely impossible to pull off. Guess I'll just have to dream, though...
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyApocalymon wrote:
Well, I think Disney would eat us alive if we tried to have a "real" Aladdin convention, but it would be fun if people in similar areas of the world could get together once a year and swap Aladdin merchandise, watch the movies and series, show off their costumes (if they made any), and that sort of thing. Of course, for anybody who's still in high school, travel would be a problem. I personally can't imagine my family letting me go off to a weekend convention themed around Aladdin; the phrases, "What the heck?" and "What's wrong with you?" come to mind. Rolling Eyes But, it's still a fun thought - and wouldn't be completely impossible to pull off. Guess I'll just have to dream, though...

you in high school lady AP ????
Elemental

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck yes I am. Sixteen, a junior, and torturously close to getting my driver's license. Not that I'll have a car once I do get my license...but if I did, rest assured I'd save gas money for months to hit any kind of Aladdin get-together. Very Happy
Wicked Witch of the Mid-West

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyApocalymon wrote:
Heck yes I am. Sixteen, a junior, and torturously close to getting my driver's license. Not that I'll have a car once I do get my license...but if I did, rest assured I'd save gas money for months to hit any kind of Aladdin get-together. Very Happy

WOOT! Go Juniors! I'm a junior too....teehee...but I'm 16, have my driver's license, AND I have a car......hehe. Wink
Addams Family Values.

"Young lady, I'm getting a tad tired of your attitude problem"-Peter MacNicol Addams Family Values.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyApocalymon
Elemental

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckyyyyy! Wink I was actually supposed to get this old car that my grandma bought from our ex-neighbors, but she ended up liking it so much that she kept it for herself. So now my grandma has two cars and I have none...does that seem weird to anybody else?

Oh, and Class of '06 owns you all. Razz
Wicked Witch of the Mid-West

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyApocalymon wrote:
Luckyyyyy! Wink I was actually supposed to get this old car that my grandma bought from our ex-neighbors, but she ended up liking it so much that she kept it for herself. So now my grandma has two cars and I have none...does that seem weird to anybody else?

Look into the swirly eyed snake staff and repeat after me: "Class of '06 owns you all"....ha.

Yes, that does seem rather weird.
Addams Family Values.

"Young lady, I'm getting a tad tired of your attitude problem"-Peter MacNicol Addams Family Values.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sry im just a measily freshman so i just wait for 16 to come 1 year just 1 year Evil or Very Mad
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyApocalymon wrote:

Heehee! I'll graduate college in '06... should be '05, but I fell behind after my stint at WDW. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum