Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Big Thunder Mountain Trouble . . . Again
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Thunder Mountain Trouble . . . Again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Big Thunder Mountain Trouble . . . Again Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Yet another incedent on DL Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Three members of a Canadian family suffered minor back and neck pain Thursday after two trains on Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad ride bumped at the loading station, authorities said. Disneyland officials shut the ride down for the second time since it reopened in March, following the Sept. 5 accident that claimed the life of a Gardena man, according to the resort's spokesman Bob Tucker. A 10-year-old boy, a 44-year-old woman and a 42-year-old man were transported by private ambulance to a local area hospital after the accident on the roller coaster occurred shortly after 5 p.m., said Maria Sabol, an Anaheim Fire Department spokeswoman. Their names and city of residence were not available, but Sabol said they live in Canada. Tucker did not know how the trains collided or where the family members were sitting in the ride. Disneyland officials notified the state Division of Occupational Health and Safety, and inspectors arrived at 6:50 p.m., Tucker said. "The attraction will remain closed until a complete check has been performed," Tucker said. The three families members were able to walk as they left the ride and went with Anaheim paramedics to another area of the park, but the woman then was taken to the ambulance on a gurney, Sabol said. Police Sgt. Rick Martinez said that because the accident was "not serious enough to warrant a police investigation," the department would take a medical aid report and leave the investigation to state officials. Last September, 22-year-old Marcelo Torres of Gardena was killed on the same roller coaster when the car in which he was riding ran into a derailed locomotive in front of him. Ten other people were hurt. The ride reopened on March 10 after state safety officials cleared it for operation. State officials concluded after a three-month investigation that faulty maintenance had caused the collision. Just days after the ride resumed operating, Torres' parents suggested at a press conference that more time was needed to study flaws that caused the fatal accident. Twenty-four people have claimed injuries from riding the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad since mid-2001, the state reported last fall.
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my god how many times can that stupid thing break down.??? this is exactly why i've stopped going on that ride Evil or Very Mad same i really liked it also
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does the one in DL have so many problems, and yet the one in WDW doesn't? It doesn't make sense.
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrugs* i have no clue. i was there at DL 2 weeks ago and it was running perfectly Very Happy now *gives thumbs down while making a buzzer sound* Evil or Very Mad
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure this isn't the same one that happened a few months back? It sounds just like the incident that shut it down last time.

'Cause I'm posting from Disneyland right now... I just got off Big Thunder about 20 minutes ago... Laughing
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky! I don't know - I saw someone post it on another site, so I copied it over here.

*just looked again and hides behind a rock* Someone bumped it up on the other site - I wasn't paying close enough attention to the dates.
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if my friend didnt have band competition today we'd be at DL also but alas...we shall go nxt week Very Happy
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it still breaks down a lot, but just in the normal, annoying way. Laughing

*bows to Innoventions for having internet access*
Husse
Genie of da Pibb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been to Disneyland in forever, but the breakdowns always happened on me, got on my nerves.

NO YOU CAN'T!

YES I CAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bows to innoventions as well* i didnt know theey had internet access mainly c'ause i never really cared for it Wink now i have an excuse to go there Very Happy
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iago wrote:
*bows to innoventions as well* i didnt know theey had internet access mainly c'ause i never really cared for it Wink now i have an excuse to go there Very Happy

It's on the lower floor, in one of those little caves. :p Many, many sites are blocked, but I got in here just fine. Wink
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Iago wrote:

It's on the lower floor, in one of those little caves. :p Many, many sites are blocked, but I got in here just fine. Wink

YAY now i can sign on and brag about what a wonderful time im having at DL next wekend Razz ...J/K
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iago wrote:

YAY now i can sign on and brag about what a wonderful time im having at DL next wekend Razz ...J/K

Rolling Eyes What a great friend! Laughing Kidding. Very Happy
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Jas wrote:
Iago wrote:

Rolling Eyes What a great friend! Laughing Kidding. Very Happy

I know aren't I Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum