Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Disney Princess
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney Princess
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Disney Princess Reply with quote

I`m looking forward to the new princess movie. Very Happy It`s called Princess stories : A gift from the heart. Did anyone see the princess music video on the Disney channel ? It was a really nice song. Ariel , Belle and Jasmine sing it. By the way , who`s your favorite Disney princess ? I heard that Pocahontas is going to be part of the movie. I was happy about that ,but I don`t know why Mulan is part of the Princess Collection ! Mulan is a great character,but everyone knows that she doesn`t belong there. What about Esmeralda and the other Disney heroines ! Do you have to be a princess to get attention ! Mad
Sadira
Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote that topic. I forgot to log in. I`m a big dummy. Embarassed
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could care less about the new princess movies- I had hope that the Princess stories one would put on a good Aladdin episode, but when I heard it was Bad Mood Rising, I folded quickly from the idea of buying it.

I think they need to rework this Princess Collection thing. Perhaps go with the big princess collection names, like Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Kida, etc; at the same time, they could maybe do a non-princess collection of stuff (even if not called that) with characters like Esmeralda, Mulan, Meg, Lilo, Jane, etc.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:

I think they need to rework this Princess Collection thing. Perhaps go with the big princess collection names, like Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Kida, etc; at the same time, they could maybe do a non-princess collection of stuff (even if not called that) with characters like Esmeralda, Mulan, Meg, Lilo, Jane, etc.

It's almost as if they categorize it by "If you wore a big pretty dress in a dance scene you get the most attention. If we can put you in a big pretty dress, you can get some of the attention, but only when it calls for it. Everyone else, reguardless if you are a princess can get what's left over."

I was surprised to see the Disney Store dolls they came out with a few months ago. Although Tinkerbelle in the princess collections doesn't make any sense. If they are willing to add Mulan and Tink, then they might as well add everyone else, or change the name of the brand.
Sadira
Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Disney store where I live has carried these dolls for a long time. I hoped that the princess movie would have all the girls work together to save the day. It`s better than a bunch of different stories.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadira wrote:
I hoped that the princess movie would have all the girls work together to save the day. It`s better than a bunch of different stories.

lol, all the princesses working together to save their princes. That would be hilarious. I'd get that movie for sure.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lol, all the princesses working together to save their princes. That would be hilarious. I'd get that movie for sure.

Could we maybe have all the princesses go and attack the guy who allowed Charming merchandise to be made and no other prince? Please?
Sadira
Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the girls could save the guys , but not Snowwhite. She`s not the fighting or thinking type. Disney would have to make some major changes.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadira wrote:
I think the girls could save the guys , but not Snowwhite. She`s not the fighting or thinking type. Disney would have to make some major changes.

The only ones of the main 6 I can see kickin' some tail would be Jasmine, Ariel and maybe Belle. The others might have their work cut out for them.

salukfan wrote:
Could we maybe have all the princesses go and attack the guy who allowed Charming merchandise to be made and no other prince? Please?

Now Samantha, you've seen what the Disney World doll princes look like. Do we really want 'da Uglee' spread around like that? *is reminded of Aladdin's hair on that doll*
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadira wrote:

At times like this, I'm really glad Commander doesn't know about this board. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:

At times like this, I'm really glad Commander doesn't know about this board. Laughing

Yes. You said it! But now that you have said it, it might jinx the board. *does chant to unjinx board*
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must remove the bad juju!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sadira
Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your too late ! Twisted Evil I can`t be the only one,who believes in female enpowerment! You will be forced to listen to my meaningless princess rant.Ariel can be very daring at times. She could set traps for the villians.Belle can make the plans and Jasmine can do the fighting. They would make a great team. Girls must stick together. A princess can save the day too. Why should guys always save the day ?
Spinelli
Streetrat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i would say that Belle is the nicest looking princess , shes looks abit like me accept i have the brown hair but no brown eyes.

Ariel is ok too , since i like mermaids.

But overall i will say Sleeping beauty! ^^
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Princesses have gotten better and better over the years.

Snow White:
Ugh. I'd never want to grow up to be her. Totally helpless, and runs off with the first guy that kisses her (Didn't she RUN AWAY from him at the beginning of the movie?) Plus, she can't make good decisions for crap. "Don't open the door while we're gone!" Say the dwarfs. And then she lets the witch in. *cough*

Cinderella:
Though it's not evident at first, Cinderella does teach us some good lessons. She was very patient with her stepmother and stepsisters, and eventually got what she wanted. And she did make mean comments behind her sisters' backs.

Aurora/Briar Rose:
Probably one of the prettiest ^_^ And comes from my favorite Disney movie to boot. Unfortunately, not much character was given to Aurora during the movie, since most of the attention was focused on the fairies. However, I like to think she's the least snobbiest of the Princesses, simply because she didn't grow up knowing she was royalty.

Ariel:
I grew up on Ariel. She was curious and determind, something that all girls should grow up to be (if but a little naive). Her and Eric falling in love was slightly rushed, and thus it seems like they had little reason to (Snow White Syndrome! *cough*)

Belle:
SHE ISN'T EVEN A PRINCESS. >_< But with that aside, she taught the girls to be smart and read, regardless of what people think of you. (Of course, being extremely pretentious and believing that you're BETTER than everyone else sure helpled Belle along.)

Jasmine:
OMG YES. ^___^ She's perfect. She KNOWS what she wants and stops at nothing to get it. And she ALWAYS gets her man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum