Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Series Rewatch Thread&Discussion
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Series Rewatch Thread&Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the schedule? One ep a week or day or...?
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
What's the schedule? One ep a week or day or...?

Thought about every 3rd day, but it’s not strick. You can still write about previous episodes plus the current one. Now we are at Bad Mood Riding, but feel free to talk about the previous episode as well. To Cure a Thief will start from Monday.
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Bad Mood Rising a few days ago. It was one of my fave episodes that I recall because you get to see Jasmine really taking the Princess duties seriously. She was willing to sacrifice herself and her happiness so that Mahmoud’s people wouldn’t starve. It’s moments like this in the series that make it imo a natural progression to have her want to be Sultan in the remake.
Streetrat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Bad Mood Rising Reply with quote

Pleasantly surprised and impressed with BMR. I felt that Jasmine could be intense, self centered and felt entitled to have her mood swings catered to by Aladdin in the series. Her scenes were not always flattering.

I thought the series started to do Jasmine more justice as it went on. She almost exhibited a... wanna-be Princess Diana complex, no? Aladdin was completely heartbroken and despondent without her. It was touching to see she was missing him the same. The child King was a spoiled brat. Not sure why Jasmine wanted to reward his bad behavior. At certain times I felt she was a bit self-righteous while "doing the right thing."

I was surprised to see Iago pose as Jasmine's mother. Hahah. That was pretty funny. Aladdin was a tad insensitive bringing up something to serious as her deceased mother. But he was known for being lovably insensitive and a bumbling fool when it came to Jasmine's emotions.

I also thought it was cool that one of the citizens of Quirkistan hushed the riot mob. That dialogue and sentiment was pretty deep.
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been kinda sorta working on a series rewatch blog series - started three years ago, abandoned, restarted last month, so it's only up to episode 6 but uh yeah. It's meant to be a little snarky and facetious and I don't mean to step on the toes of this thread, so you can read it or not read it as you see fit:

Air Feather Friends: https://ajubilation.wordpress.com/2016/02/23/aladdinathon-1-air-feather-friends/

Bad Mood Rising: https://ajubilation.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/aladdinathon-2-bad-mood-rising/
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
And didn't Hercules the Animated Series have a song in every single episode?

I don't remember if it was every single episode or just most of them, but yes it did and I loved them! I still get the Happy Gods Song stuck in my head sometimes (from the episode where Herc has to take a bunch of little kids on a field trip) hahahaha
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arisha - your blog posts are welcome here! I love how you break them up. I also didn't know King Mamoud Zashiftin's whole name or that his actor was in Full House!

Quote:
Iago: “Every meal will be a banquet!”
Aladdin: “Eating all alone.”

No Aladdin, come on, you’ve got it backwards – a meal becomes a banquet when you eat alone, remember, we’ve been through this!

YAS XD

--------------------- My notes: ---------------------

Iago: HEY - THERE COULD BE KIDS WATCHIN’ THIS
Me: *looks around apartment and only sees her own grown-adult ass*

I had this one on VHS as a kid and watched it ad nauseum, so I remember quite a bit, and it's one of my favorites.

I agree with arisha's criticism of Jasmine's lightning-fast decision to stay. I would have thought that the gang would have come up with some clever compromise at the very least. Although I disagree that Jasmine was fighting her responsibility to her people in the movie - she was fighting THE DAMN PATRIARCHY Laughing

I actually love how sappy this episode is and definitely have a big fat crush on Aladdin in this one. We see it all - his action side, his tricks (sword-juggling), his clever planning, his vulnerability, and his sense of humor. (He says "and… YOUR PET WALLABY EDGAR" with ZERO IRONY WHATSOEVER AND I AM HERE FOR IT.)

I love Salia's all of 5 seconds of screentime. I always remember rooting for her as a kid. She should 10,000% be the next vizier. If I were spoiled... It could've been cool to see more of the citizens' lives and the moral quandry they find themselves in with Jasmine.

I also love Iago in this one. LOTS of great one-liners and lots of good-sport-playing-along. He plays that dang bandoneon with a SMILE

--------------------- Where it falls in my chronology: ---------------------

I'd probably put it fairly late but not too late. Aladdin going on a diplomatic mission AND being confident in himself is a sign of late character development for him. Although, Jasmine expresses some reservations, and it is his first one.

Also Iago's quote “It’s gonna be one of those trips" hints that it's later in the game.

--------------------- Favorite Quotes: ---------------------

IAGO: It’s gonna be one of those trips

IAGO: Why do I have the feeling we’re going to find out?
GENIE: Maybe it’s because I did this! (plays ominous bass music)

IAGO: (to Jasmine) You owe me big time for this

ALADDIN: and… YOUR PET WALLABY EDGAR

--------------------- Characters being musicians: ---------------------

This is gonna be a thing I collect now. I've decided. They're flipped. Because shady internet. lmk if you know where I can get them good res.

Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another Aladdin episode watching blog that I follow. Isn't updated much anymore, but it does make me lol:

https://dvdfairy.tumblr.com/episode-masterlist

Here's Air Feather Friends. (There's no Bad Mood Rising):

https://dvdfairy.tumblr.com/tagged/dvdfairy%3A-air-feather-friends/chrono
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arisha, your blogs are most welcome here. I'm actually eager to read them. Very Happy

Hmm, that Tumblr one also looks interesting.

*goes back to watch Bad Mood Rising while she has time*
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arisha wrote:
I have been kinda sorta working on a series rewatch blog series - started three years ago, abandoned, restarted last month, so it's only up to episode 6 but uh yeah. It's meant to be a little snarky and facetious and I don't mean to step on the toes of this thread, so you can read it or not read it as you see fit:

Air Feather Friends: https://ajubilation.wordpress.com/2016/02/23/aladdinathon-1-air-feather-friends/

Bad Mood Rising: https://ajubilation.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/aladdinathon-2-bad-mood-rising/

I love your commentary!

I also didn’t know Mamoud’s voice actor was in Full House. Small world!

EDIT: That’s Tia and Tamera’s little brother omg!
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh it's Taj Mowry? That makes sense. I actually feel like I knew that at one point... I actually knew him before I knew Tia & Tamara. Smart Guy and some other stuff.
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a little edit on opening comment, so people can watch or download the episodes to watch on case they can't find them.
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, time to get to the next episode, since it's Monday here now.

To Cure a Thief is ready to be discussed now!

Next change will be on Thursday.

Have fun everyone rewatching it and share your thoughts on it if you want! Laughing
Mirage
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the Aladdin TV series, I've got a nice Disney Cinemagic rip of the TV series - all 86 episodes. The resolution is 640 x 480 but it's H.264, 1400 kbps high bitrate, high quality English stereo audio but the opening episode titles are German, not English for some episodes. It is good quality for Standard Definition. Or I have some (but not all) episodes in 768 x 576 PAL rip, slightly lower bitrate.

Of course no one's talking about sharing or distributing. Wink Just that I have.

We are not finished.
Favorite Quotes: "I do love a tragic ending."
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they'd be without the logos?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum