Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin (2019) Reaches $1 Billion at Box Office
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin (2019) Reaches $1 Billion at Box Office

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Aladdin (2019) Reaches $1 Billion at Box Office Reply with quote

Aladdin has crossed the $1 billion mark at the global box office on Thursday making it the fifth Disney live-action movie to do so after Beauty and the Beast, Alice in Wonderland, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest. Congratulations to the cast and crew!!! Very Happy

arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clue where to post this, but I recently learned that theatres in South Korea have been showing a singalong version of the new movie!!

Source: https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20190612005000315

Her solo song "Speechless," the newly added number on the film's original soundtrack, is gaining huge popularity in South Korea, along with beloved hits like "A Whole New World" and "Friend Like Me."

Moreover, the presence of "Aladdin" in 4DX theaters has helped accelerate the film's belated popularity in the country. The 4DX version gives audiences a chance to experience the feeling of a magic carpet ride while the romantic song "A Whole New World" is played.

More than 250,000 people had seen the film in 4DX theaters as of Tuesday, making it the most-viewed musical film shown on 4DX screens in South Korea.

Riding the burgeoning craze for the movie, local multiplex chains like CJ CGV moved to offer singalong screenings for "Aladdin" starting Monday, allowing the audience to sing together during the movie. In this karaoke version, the lyrics pop up on the big screen.

(There's also this somewhat useless video: https://youtu.be/rq_S9kAoISA)

One sign of the popularity of "Speechless" in South Korea may be that alllllll the K-pop stars have been posting covers of it. Even the guys!! Laughing
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted about it under the random things thread, but I'm so mad we're all finding out about this months later cause I didn't hear a thing until a month and a half after the movie had been out.
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! You totally did and I totally read it too.

My local theatre had the moving seats (but none of the other stuff) but I didn't try it because they're 3x the price of a regular ticket ...
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you get to fly with Aladdin and Jasmine! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum